• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfests every WEDnesday 5pm-midnight at UMBC

Jasona

Smash Ace
undr and i will be there. i need to boost my confidence with some consistent practice. plus, i'm trying to accidentally record myself doing some awesome jasona combos and wavebombing

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Update your sig foo'!

Anyway yeah I'll be there with Jasona. I may designate myself to handling the recording for awhile tonight.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Unfortunately I'm not there. >_> lol Jasona drug me away early as always. It's weird to think I've been home so long and yet I could watch a full length movie before the Smashfest is scheduled to end.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Yeah lol. These things eat away my entire Thursday evening. Normally I don't care, but I have a paper, tutoring logs, and 2 finals on Friday (today). I managed to do half of the tutoring logs assignment during the 2 hours I spent outside of the smashfest.

Back to work I go!

edit: note there will not be a smashfest next week. New date is in thread title.

Aureus

Smash Rookie
Yeah lol. These things eat away my entire Thursday evening. Normally I don't care, but I have a paper, tutoring logs, and 2 finals on Friday (today). I managed to do half of the tutoring logs assignment during the 2 hours I spent outside of the smashfest.

Back to work I go!

edit: note there will not be a smashfest next week. New date is in thread title.
The one week we can go, there isn't one :(

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
im usually in the gameroom like on fridays durin spring semester an fall semester...usually gettin my *** kicked in smash but its a fun *** kickin lol

like on a scale of 1-10 im maybe a 6 or 7 on average, 8 on a good day but i look forward to this, whether i win or lose

o an umbc super smasher, my aim is voh1988. i sometimes forget my aim is on so yea 0_o

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
lol well on a scale of 1-10 I'm like a 5 on a bad day, maybe a 6 or 7 normally, and 8 on a very good day. However, I compare myself to tournament smashers where M2K is a 10 and... uhhh, that kid DOSV plays with is a 1. Typically my problem with most smashers at UMBC (because they stop playing me) is they're too casual and give up after a short period of getting beaten. They don't seem to realize that there was a period of about six months when I first started playing smash (I never played casually) where I lost every game. They think just because they've been playing smash since day 1 that they shouldn't get beaten every game. I'm speaking generally here, and there are exceptions at UMBC such as Julien, Alexi, Matt, Rob, Manny (obviously lol), Nicholas, David, etc.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
You're right I'm not giving up lol. And yeah I do pretty much lose every game lol. For some reason UMBC seems like the smash capital of the U.S. (or at least our area :laugh:). Kinda glad I go here.

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
You're right I'm not giving up lol. And yeah I do pretty much lose every game lol. For some reason UMBC seems like the smash capital of the U.S. (or at least our area :laugh:). Kinda glad I go here.
yea seriously, like as soon as i got here, i was shocked to see so many people who loved smash bros

even non gamers an non nerds play the original smash bros like there's no tommorow lol

god when feb. 10th drops, the gameroom will be filled like it was when final fantasy 12 came out

blues

Smash Journeyman
dude chrono trigger is too good and so is earthbound and secret of mana

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
yea seriously, hell chrono trigger introduced the whole rpg genre to me when i was younger and to this day, ill pick it over any final fantasy game

it might have to compete with the golden sun games but for the most part chrono trigger is still the best imo

i started playin earthbound a while back, it was interesting to see an rpg set in modern times. using a baseball bat instead of a sword for combat is kinda funny

Top Bottom