• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfests every WEDnesday 5pm-midnight at UMBC

Aureus

Smash Rookie
I can come, along with 2 of my friends. We are new to the competitive smash world but have gotten pretty decent at advanced techniques (teching, edge guarding, etc) from playing on our own. We don't expect to win much but we're all 14-15 years old so we still have a lot to learn :p

this will be our first 'real' smash event, are smash n00bs allowed? it sounds fun, we live in severna park (which is about 20 minutes away from Baltimore) so we shouldn't have any trouble getting there.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
ill see if i can go and bring people, wink wink. but no promises cuz i aint too sure yet
hah, it would be interesting if you did bring one person *wink*. I wonder if I can beat him with pichu now?

For everyone who forgot this is happening cause it's like the one thread that isn't spammed on this forum, well... it's happening. See you Thursday night!

ChuDat

Smash Master
so.. what is the expected turnout at LEAST? Lets see some people posting up to see if they are going

i might just stay at home again this weekend

Endo

Smash Cadet
I'll be there tonight. Each week there has always been at least 6 people I'd say.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
so.. what is the expected turnout at LEAST? Lets see some people posting up to see if they are going

i might just stay at home again this weekend
If you're going to come one week, like say you plan to come next week, just state so around now or by the end of the weekend and I can guarantee we'll have at least a dozen people show up.

Endo

Smash Cadet
Haha oh man that was good. Thanks Btree for the amazing coaching. "Lasers, ok now lasers, more lasers."

Jasona, you did the taping right? I'm interested in seeing some of those fights :)

Eplox88

Smash Journeyman
Endo keep practicing you aint too bad man just dont kill yourself so much lol =)

I had fun tonight, def some good matches w/ Plank, DOSV, Ron, ect

Edit: lol @ UMBC not being there (or atleast not for the 2 hours + I was) o__O

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
**** i wish i didnt have work in the morning today i would have came...maybe next time?

I <3 Shinku's sig...
rdy for SF4?? WOOT!!

and UMBC i need to talk to u about something...

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
lol @ UMBC not being there (or atleast not for the 2 hours + I was) o__O
I hope you enjoyed playing on my cube, at least. I decided that I was better off doing some much needed studying for my math test rather than competing with 3 other people for 1v1 matches.

and UMBC i need to talk to u about something...
Then PM (or e-mail) me.

yes my sig is amazing, cant wait for sf4 woot woot!
Yeah, good job making it.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
this is still going on right? i have work til 9, but i wanna check out the pound 3 venue so i can get a feel for it. i wouldnt get there until like 10:30ish so if anyone is there playing melee until midnight ill try to get some matches in.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Sigh, Chu's holding out for more money eh? Well I'm not much incentive but I'll be there.

EDIT: And by Jasona's setup I think he means mine. lol So scratch that, I won't be able to provide an additional setup.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
I prolly wont go =X
You missed out. Oh wellz

omw, better late than never
Indeed. Our last falco vs fox game was pretty good. It was a good idea for you to leave after that win though, cause last time you won against my fox, I stepped it up and you didn't win for the rest of the night :p

Powershielding Shines ftw!
Your peach is pretty good. I beat Jasona's samus every time last night, but your peach beat me consistently two or three times.

UNDRDOG!!!!!!

I remember you from FOREVER ago.
You were at my first smashfest ever end of last October or early November of 06. It's kind of funny though, cause I don't think we've played since then besides last night. Did I improve any over the last year? ;)

Endo

Smash Cadet
Indeed. Our last falco vs fox game was pretty good. It was a good idea for you to leave after that win though, cause last time you won against my fox, I stepped it up and you didn't win for the rest of the night :p
Haha, yeah, but I did say before the match started that it was my last one for the night. Definitely was a good fight.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
UNDRDOG!!!!!!

I remember you from FOREVER ago.
lol Yeah... Too bad KartOnline died, I came back and it was gone. >_< I might be showing up for the UMBC biweeklies not this next week, but the one after. (Dec. 20th) It'd be awesome if you showed up. ^_^

You were at my first smashfest ever end of last October or early November of 06. It's kind of funny though, cause I don't think we've played since then besides last night. Did I improve any over the last year? ;)
Not sure if this was directed at me or Rebal but... Yeah!? lol My first match against you was me initially going easy on you, then after you'd taken my first two stock I made a desperate attempt to read your movements. You're easily on par with Jasona and I now. Next time I'll be better prepared. ^_^

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Not sure if this was directed at me or Rebal but... Yeah!? lol My first match against you was me initially going easy on you, then after you'd taken my first two stock I made a desperate attempt to read your movements. You're easily on par with Jasona and I now. Next time I'll be better prepared. ^_^
hehe yeah I was talking to you. I used to think I was kind of good against peach with marth, but now I'll have to work on that match-up some more. Next time I'll win (at least a game or two lol). Never take things easy on me; I like to get owned even if I ***** about it in the process. Go ahead and play tournament level gay like Plairnkk did in our fox ditto on FD where he chain grabbed me to death every stock :p

I don't think I've ever played ChRed even though he has come to at least one of my tournaments.

oh, and I'll have one of these on the 13th, though I have multiple final exams on the 14th, so I won't play for 7 hours straight.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well UMBC, I didn't whip out my Main at all. ^_^ We'll see if you force me to resort to doing that.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hehe yeah I was talking to you. I used to think I was kind of good against peach with marth, but now I'll have to work on that match-up some more. Next time I'll win (at least a game or two lol). Never take things easy on me; I like to get owned even if I ***** about it in the process. Go ahead and play tournament level gay like Plairnkk did in our fox ditto on FD where he chain grabbed me to death every stock :p

I don't think I've ever played ChRed even though he has come to at least one of my tournaments.

oh, and I'll have one of these on the 13th, though I have multiple final exams on the 14th, so I won't play for 7 hours straight.
i did what? lies

Top Bottom