• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBrosHawaii and Da-Planet present: Hawaii Smash Invitational 2008

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Sounds excellent. I am a professional (haha) traveler so I won't be taking up any space at all.

I plan on flying in on Tuesday afternoon (if there is space on the flight) and returning home on Monday. Wow that is almost a week in paradise. I seriously can't wait.

How cold does Hawaii get at night?

I will be coming to Honolulu straight from Orlando, so I will be tired but ready to CHILL out!

Does anyone there play Smash 64? I want to bring my 64 controller and copy of the game if someone can get their hands on a 64. I LOVE Smash 64.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, looks like there's going to be a change of plans. We were looking at transportation and it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. The super ferry times don't work with the starting/ending time of the tourney (which would require us to stay 4 days and take more time off work which isn't going to work) and the airfares are too expensive at the moment. Too bad, it would have been fun.

EDIT:
We're still going to look and try and find a way to come. I'll get back to you within a day or so.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we're still trying. Unfortunately, we won't be taking the ferry so we won't be able to bring a car (we just can't take off 4 days of work each). The airlines are expensive ($170 each) but we might just bite the bullet.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
i guess plane tickets are a little expensive for just 3 days but this is an annual event, probably biggest of the year and you get to play with mainland/canada pros. if you come to oahu at any other time you probably won't find any tournament as great as this one.

we got housing and transportation planned out for you. don't you worry about it.

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
How much would we need to be chipping in for rent approximately? I personally am not in any particular money crunch but I can't say the same for the rest of us going. I think that it would be good to get a good estimate of the total cost.

Edit:
Oops, this is Kasai. My bud was logged in at my house and I forgot to switch the accounts.

Edit 2: About how far away is the location from the airport and how available is the transportation going to be shortly after the tourney ends on sunday at 6? I'm just trying to look at which times we should be buying tickets.

Edit 3: Basically to simplify, if it does happen, we most likely would be coming over sometime around 9(arriving) on the 26 and then be leaving some time around 8pm on the 27 and since the super ferry's times don't really allow this we won't have a car. Would this work?

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
How much would we need to be chipping in for rent approximately? I personally am not in any particular money crunch but I can't say the same for the rest of us going. I think that it would be good to get a good estimate of the total cost.

Edit:
Oops, this is Kasai. My bud was logged in at my house and I forgot to switch the accounts.

Edit 2: About how far away is the location from the airport and how available is the transportation going to be shortly after the tourney ends on sunday at 6? I'm just trying to look at which times we should be buying tickets.

Edit 3: Basically to simplify, if it does happen, we most likely would be coming over sometime around 9(arriving) on the 26 and then be leaving some time around 8pm on the 27 and since the super ferry's times don't really allow this we won't have a car. Would this work?
if you guys are staying for 2 days, i'd say rent is about under $30 per person.

tournament location <---15 mins---> my place <---15 mins---> airport

just a reminder, tournament doesn't usually end on time. the last two times we went about 1.5 hours over.

i think you guys should give yourselves some time before and after the tournament just in case.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
All flights going home I recommend that you take a 10:00 PM or later flight. I will be helping afterward to clean up and move everything away. I may or may not have time to take you to the air port. In which case I think someone can drive you in my stead.

We usually don't finish until 7:00pm ish. And at the very minimum I would want you to get to the airport at LEAST 1 hour early. So yeah. 10 PM or later.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Hmm that might be doable...assuming there might be early transportation from the airport (around 7am). Like I said, I'm gonna have to talk it over with the other guys and see if they are willing to dish out about $180 bucks, which shouldn't be a problem.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Hypedyhypehype!!

This is going to be intense! 10 more days until I arrive.

This'll be great.

I really hope I can figure out Doubles for Melee/Brawl; hopefully sometime soon. :p No one has come around to me in regards to that.

I just might have to find someone to team up with when I hop onto the island. :p

So excited. Let's make this Smashing event one of the best! YEAH!

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
Hey this is Kasai/Plasmid, and we'll be there.

6:30 or so in the morning on saturday the 26th, and be leaving, around 8:30 in the morning on monday the 28th. We're going to be flying so we're going to need transportation both ways. Is this cool? Let me know.

At the moment, only 2 of us out of the three have decided on going but if you don't hear from me specifically saying otherwise, expect all of us.

In addition, there is going to be one person out of the three who needs a double partner, just an FYI if anyone else is looking for one.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
cool.

register at smashbroshawaii.com/forums and sign up for singles/doubles there. plus there's a thread over there for the ones who don't have a partner.

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I posted and signed us up in both the doubles and singles lists and are just waiting to be added to the list on the site, is that we need to do?

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Oh, one last thing. I'm assuming that because people are coming from the mainland this wont be a problem but there will be available transportation/housing after the tourney ends right?

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Ooh I really want to go..not sure if I can. But I guess you guys are used to me saying that, if you even remember me lol.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah I remember you.

Better hurry up and make up your mind. Singles closes in 3 days.

I also updated the singles attendance list.

Top Bottom