• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBrosHawaii and Da-Planet present: Hawaii Smash Invitational 2008

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah I forgot about that. I'll ask Tom to contact the other Pillars unless he sees this.

And yea Joel too.

Spin-Dash do you know what time you'll be flying in and out?

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
I will be in touch with my travel agent tomorrow about specific times for my tickets and whatnot. So you'll have your confirmations with that tomorrow or the day after, no later. Lurking is good too.

Good to know that I will have housing though!

Eggz

Smash Hero
I'll be flying in and out the same days as PC.

I can't buy my tickets for at least a couple weeks though. I'm in debt 200$ at the moment, and tickets are 600$...but i got this.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
well I deffinitly have the money thanks to work.. but unforenitly it will be hard for me to take any days off, so even if I were able to come it would only be on the weekend when the tournament is.. and the time difference is 3 hrs back from here? I don't quite remember..

Anywho seems unlikely... However I am trying to get other Canadians/ BC smashers to go...

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
aww man that sucks. you can't come here just for the tournament. we will have great stuff for you. try get more days off please. this is probably once in a life time before pc's and kdj's slowly retirement and it means so much to us to have more oos players.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
My pasty white skin could use a good tan (burn, I never tan. Always get burned)... If I have enough money/time off work to go, I'll do it.

I REALLY don't like to ask this, but I did hear a while back about possible subsidizing for people coming from OOS. Would someone (Bobby) care to elaborate on this for me?

<3 HAWAIIANS!!!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
My pasty white skin could use a good tan (burn, I never tan. Always get burned)... If I have enough money/time off work to go, I'll do it.

I REALLY don't like to ask this, but I did hear a while back about possible subsidizing for people coming from OOS. Would someone (Bobby) care to elaborate on this for me?

<3 HAWAIIANS!!!
Hey Adam. :]

Well to elaborate. I understand how expensive it is to travel. I always spend a ton when I travel to the mainland. Average 600 on air fare alone so I know how much it hurts when it's all over.

So for those that I spoke to personally and those people only, I will do my very best to give back some so that you are not flat broke after attending this.

I am working super overtime as much as I can. My health is not 100% at the moment but I'm still working long hours since most of it is minor manual labor and indoors primarily.

If you can pay for your tickets and come down here. I'll give back a minimum of $100.00. I can't say how much exactly because I don't know how many others whom I spoke to are still coming or not. But I will definitely try to give back more.

But yeah I understand cause we're all in college, gas prices are going up as is food, clothes and daily wants. So consider it my thank you to you for being a part of this moment that will stand still in Hawaii Smash History.

And yes Adam, you, Eric, and John (if he's still up for it) are among those whom I will help buffer costs. I also spoke with others and they know who they are.

You can post here or something to keep me updated. Sooner you book your flights the sooner we can assign you houses. Thanks so much Canada.

Edit: Plane Prices from OR and WA to HI

First From Portland OR to Honolulu HI

Departing Flight
Flight number HA 25
July 22nd
08:45 AM (OR Time)
- 11:20 AM (HI Time)
NON-STOP
Price $265.00

Returning Flight
Flight Number HA 26
July 30th
01:25 PM (HI Time)
- 09:45 PM (OR Time)
NON-STOP
Price $265.00

Now from Seattle WA to Honolulu HI
Departing Flight
Flight Number HA 21
July 22nd
09:20 AM (WA Time)
- 12:05 PM (HI Time)
NON-STOP
Price $285.00

Returning Flight
Flight Number HA 28
July 30th
12:30 PM (HI Time)
- 09:05 PM (WA Time)
NON-STOP
Price $285.00

These are about the same prices that I paid for when going to Dan 2. Hehehe.
These are the best I can find for now. I recommend booking your flights before ticket prices go up. Keep the questions coming if you have any. I'll respond as soon as I can.

And Idk why I chose July 22nd to July 30th. Guess cause everyone's doing it. Lowest prices too. lolz

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
If worse comes to worse, break out da pr0nzzzzzzz

UPDATE!

I have purchased my tickets and given the cheque to my travel agent. I should have my specific times when I recieve my tickets in the next day or so. When that happens, I'll keep you guys up to date once MORE with 100% confirmed flight times and whatnot least you guys can pick me up.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
If worse comes to worse, break out da pr0nzzzzzzz

UPDATE!

I have purchased my tickets and given the cheque to my travel agent. I should have my specific times when I recieve my tickets in the next day or so. When that happens, I'll keep you guys up to date once MORE with 100% confirmed flight times and whatnot least you guys can pick me up.
Splendid. :]

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I remember a bunch of you Hawaiian smashers at 0C3 tellin me how effing hot those Hawaiian girls are :love: If I win the tourney I'll definetly purchase one of these fine women to bring back home with me as a housewife =)
Aww yeah. :]

Sounds like you should be able to make it. If that is the case will you be coming alone or you wanna drag John with you?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Aww yeah. :]

Sounds like you should be able to make it. If that is the case will you be coming alone or you wanna drag John with you?
Well don't get your hopes up just yet =( It's aroud 50/50 right now I'd say. I'd need housing + hot hawaiian girls on my dyck allll day. Awww yeah ^_^

If me and John come together, we're taking teams... that's right PC

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Well don't get your hopes up just yet =( It's aroud 50/50 right now I'd say. I'd need housing + hot hawaiian girls on my dyck allll day. Awww yeah ^_^

If me and John come together, we're taking teams... that's right PC
50/50 is pretty not bad. lolz

I think we can fill your requirements. lolz

I wonder who will be taking teams. Hmmmm. Hehehe.

Good **** Adam. Hope this works.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Shine ***** Blind lolz.

Hmm you need a parter eh? I wonder who would be available to team. hmmm

I'm very happy they finally allow custom avatars for free. :]

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah. I remember Dan2. I teamed with Chris from OK.

Too gewd.

I don't see the harm in Spin teaming with a local though. He'll have a several days to practice hehehe.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Whatever works! ^^

I can use a decent amount of characters, anyone who reads this. My specialty is Sonic though that's often in Singles situations. If you're Pikachu, then I can use someone like the Pokémon Trainer, Luigi, or Lucario. It's all good. :p

*advertises big shiny sign that says "Spin-Dash; get yours today!"*

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
i can see pc teaming with joel. that'd make another pc + milk tea team, except it might be even better. or pc + kdj, deadliest of all...

Top Bottom