• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBrosHawaii and Da-Planet present: Hawaii Smash Invitational 2008

Eggz

Smash Hero
theyz reppin EC continental while Forward and I are reppin WC continental

and you guys have female smashers? =o

my friend is fronting me 300$ on my ticket, so im bousta buy my ticket there and worry about my ticket home later lol

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
wow nice to know who's gonna take top 2 for teams.

i don't understand why people don't buy a 2 way ticket. it's cheaper.

edit: as for female smashers, we got kiwi, pineapple, mago, and the whole jamba juice.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Rofl.

Well we have Jamba Juice but I don't know about a Kiwi flavor. I've never seen one yet. Just get the white gummy bear.

No competitive female smashers here.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yes on the 24th I'd like to do an all day/all night smash fest with melee tournaments and BBQ.

I'll get on planning that after SBHM 3 is finished.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
Yes on the 24th I'd like to do an all day/all night smash fest with melee tournaments and BBQ.

I'll get on planning that after SBHM 3 is finished.
i think we should advertise a little more melee too. we don't have too many melee players from our group. i wanna shoot for a cap of 32.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah. Can do yo. Like I said just give me 48 more hours to focus on running SBHM 3. We got over 60 people coming and I want to see how much of a difference it makes with the adjustments on TVs and space. I also want to ensure that everyone has a good time and enjoys themselves. We'll talk all about melee, fests, sight seeing, housing and everything else after that.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
I am supposed to go to Smash Royal in Freiburg, Germany on this day. But it is going to be a Melee tournament (I never played Melee) so this looks like the BEST tournament for this day. I mean...come on, its ****ing Hawaii!

So if someone could pick me up from the airport and maybe house me I would MOST DEF. come to this! I am not a creep or anything and don't stink or snore XD. Ask Forward he has met me personally. But seriously I am coming. Who can help me out with housing?

Dannykat

Smash Journeyman
I am supposed to go to Smash Royal in Freiburg, Germany on this day. But it is going to be a Melee tournament. So if someone could pick me up from the airport and maybe house me I would most def. come to this! I am not a creep or anything and don't stink XD. Ask Forward he has met me personally. But seriously I am coming. Who can help me out with housing?
You are so lucky! I wanna go back to HI cause I used to live there. I wanna meet my friends. :(

Btw, check your AIM. I left u a message.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
You are so lucky! I wanna go back to HI cause I used to live there. I wanna meet my friends. :(

Btw, check your AIM. I left u a message.
Yah come with me! Just hide in my carryon luggage, or hide in one of the airplane's tires (old Brazilian joke). XD

Plus you are going with me to FAST1 anyways. That would be cool to make two tournaments on extreme opposite sides of the country in two weeks together.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I am supposed to go to Smash Royal in Freiburg, Germany on this day. But it is going to be a Melee tournament (I never played Melee) so this looks like the BEST tournament for this day. I mean...come on, its ****ing Hawaii!

So if someone could pick me up from the airport and maybe house me I would MOST DEF. come to this! I am not a creep or anything and don't stink or snore XD. Ask Forward he has met me personally. But seriously I am coming. Who can help me out with housing?
Yes we will pick you up from the Airport and yes we will find housing for you. So if you can afford it by all means please come.

I saw that you placed very well at AZOneTwoStep. Thanks for posting. :]

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Yes we will pick you up from the Airport and yes we will find housing for you. So if you can afford it by all means please come.

I saw that you placed very well at AZOneTwoStep. Thanks for posting. :]
Money isn't an issue. Depending on the situation I might come on a Thursday night or Friday morning. Most likely a Thursday night. I will keep you posted once the day draws nearer.

And thanks for the compliment about AzOneTwoStep :) It was a great tournament! The competition was EPIC!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Gotcha Dookdigity. Post here or send me a word on AIM when you get your tickets. Glad to hear that you'll be repping the AZ. :]

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Boys, this will be an epic tournament. I will bring my recording equipment to record the matches in tight quality and will promise excellent stuff :) Can't wait!

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to hear that Adam. But thank you to Dookdigity for stepping it up. The more recorders we have the better.
Dibs on finals tv. I can bring RCA Splitters to share with someone.

Am I allowed to dibs stuff?

My vids will have in game and crowd audio.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17imZwI7hZA&feature=PlayList&p=AD146BD144FA8F36&index=4

I have a laptop so it wont take up any room at all.

Let me know if that works, or if someone else already has dibs on the finals tv.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
jaja i live in hawaii too bad i dont have a team my friends are all junk and i use a junk tier character

Darkmusician

Smash Master
You live in Kaneohe. There's a crew in Kaneohe led by J*Lee. They come to all of our Monthlies and stuff. Make an account on Smashbroshawaii.com and learn more about what we do.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
housing is good to go! it's not free thought. the oos players are basically chipping in a very little amount per person to rent an unfurished apartment for the 7-10 days that you guys are staying in hawaii. i know it's empty but as long as we have smash in the house it's great right? plus we do plan to take you guys out as much as possible during the day.

don't hold back, start buying your tickets!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah there's still room. I will need the following.

1-How many of you are coming?
2-What events are you gonna participate in?
3- Will you be needing housing?
4-Will you require transportation?

~Courage~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Courage808
This is it!
This is gonna be my debut into real Competetive Smash!
I'm so stoked!
Thank you so much Dark Musician for providing this opertunity!!
I'm ready for it!! XD

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Ok, sorry for the long wait, it's been hard coordinating work and other stuff...

If it's still cool,

1-How many of you are coming?

3- Myself (Kasai), Shave and Plasmid

2-What events are you gonna participate in?

Brawl singles and doubles

3- Will you be needing housing?

Yes.

4-Will you require transportation?

Yes although we might be able to bring a car.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
okay, i will be housing you guys. i rented an apartment to house all the out of oahu players. though you guys have to chip in for rent, but of course, the more people; the less money is charged per person.

by the way, how many days do you guys plan to stay?

it would be nice if you guys can get your car. if not, i am pretty sure hawaii can figure something out. don't worry too much about it.

since you guys might be a first time tournament traveller, there are some things you guys should bring for yourselves:
-sleeping bags: i rented an empty apartment and i can't provide y'all a nice comfy king size bed.
-facial stuff: includes face wash, shave cream and such. again, i can't provide for everyone plus everybody has a different taste/preference.
-soap and shampoo: that's if you really must use your special kind. other wise i can provide.
-towel: your personal towel for bathroom use, maybe an extra one for when we go to the beach or just in case. i can't provide unlike a hotel.
-extra cloths: most likely your cloths aren't going to be washed throughout the trip, i suggest you folks bring enough cloths for your trip plus maybe two or more extras just in case it gets really hot in hawaii or something.
-deoderant: this is a must, since we are all guys and will live together, it's suck if you smell bad and we all have to suffer.
-cell phone and battery charger: for obvious reasons.
-your own controller: you are coming here for a smash tournament.
-money: it's always nice to bring some spending money with you or for emergency.

-wii system with brawl/melee copies: this is optional, but it'd be great to set up more stations for practices. hawaii can provide tvs but i personally only have one wii and one gamecube. your help is much appreciated.

other than the things i came up with just now, you can always bring whatever you need to make your stay more comfortable. i'll try my best for you guys too.

Top Bottom