• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown

"Pic of the day : Sonic : Lost World is out in Japan today! The Windy Hill area can also be seen in Super.Smash.Bros for Wii U ... but I can't tell you all the details yet."

"All the details" is that shield in Sonic hands? Come on Sakurai, don't **** with us. Maybe is just the effect to a clash between the atacks ...
While shield/cancel atacks hitbox could be a unique gameplay change ...

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it is even a clash, it looks like Mario is using his fireball B.

So I would have to say Sonic is just punching the fireball causing the bubble effect.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Today we have the Male wii fit trainer as a ALTERNATE COSTUME.

So what is the excuse for Marth/Lucina now , boards experts ?
You tell me before that this is impossible because they have different sex, different voices...
FEMALE wii fit trainer and MALE wii fit trainer prove you wrong.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Krystal being an alternate skin for Fox would be a funnier way to shut people up than Lucina being one for Marth.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
That Lucina would still be called Marth?

I don't think this will be something every character will have, and if they do (and it'd be pretty cool) it'd be restricted to their own characters.

Mario : Dr. Mario
Bowser : Dry Bowser
Pokemon Trainer (Red) : Pokemon Trainer (Leaf)

Etc.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
The problem is that Marth and Lucina have different sword styles, while the Wii Fit Trainers do the same exercises.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Krystal being an alternate skin for Fox would be a funnier way to shut people up than Lucina being one for Marth.
As long as she doesn't waste a character slot I'm happy.:troll:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The problem is that Marth and Lucina have different sword styles, while the Wii Fit Trainers do the same exercises.

Well don't forget that DLC and Sport Pass Marth is just a palette swap of Lucina in FEA and had the exact same animations as Lucina when in battle. IIRC Tiki also told Lucina she reminded her of Marth, or something along those line. they also have very similar builds. It's not that far out of the question for people t think Lucina could be a alternate costume of Marth. Though personally I find Masked Marth more likely of an alternate costume and technically that is still Lucina.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
The chances of marth's smash character being totally re-written to keep in line with a DLC chapter that was made to exemplify their characters similarities and hide their clear differences... is pretty unlikely in my eyes.

In terms of Tiki, she mainly commented on the similarities in the way she acts with the other units (around the campfire) and how she can pull people together... she never makes comment of her sword-style to my knowledge, though Tiki likely isn't the best judge of swordsmanship anyway, so I doubt she'd be the best source for that. In fact the only mention I can think of is a comment about how Chrom and Lucina's styles are similar.

It might happen, but it would be a bit disrespectful to Marth to give him a Lucina move set because of one game, and ignore his previous one, or to give Lucina Marth's move set when hers should be different.. Especially if they put Chrom in, who should have the same moveset as Lucina.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The chances of marth's smash character being totally re-written to keep in line with a DLC chapter that was made to exemplify their characters similarities and hide their clear differences... is pretty unlikely in my eyes.

In terms of Tiki, she mainly commented on the similarities in the way she acts with the other units (around the campfire) and how she can pull people together... she never makes comment of her sword-style to my knowledge, though Tiki likely isn't the best judge of swordsmanship anyway, so I doubt she'd be the best source for that. In fact the only mention I can think of is a comment about how Chrom and Lucina's styles are similar.

It might happen, but it would be a bit disrespectful to Marth to give him a Lucina move set because of one game, and ignore his previous one, or to give Lucina Marth's move set when hers should be different.. Especially if they put Chrom in, who should have the same moveset as Lucina.

Your looking a bit to much into it. First off I take it you are referencing the Areana Ferox cutscene in FEA? If so allow me to point out that despite Lucina having a fighting style of that of Chrom is canon, Smash has never followed canon. There is also the fact that Lucina was designed with the intent to be similar to Marth because of Masked Marth, which is also part of the reason why Marth is a palette swap of Lucina in FEA. The thing is, it worked in FEA for Marth to have the exact same animations in battle as Lucine because of their similar builds which is why Lucina could work as a Alt of Marth because it worked the opposite way in another game. Of course I think Masked Marth would be a better alt because it is suppose to be a person imitating Marth but those who know who Masked Marth really is will know they are technically playing a alt of Lucina. But, yea, you are looking at the sole canon aspect, which Smash has never followed and ignoring all the other things in FEA which point to Lucina and Marth being quite similar, be it canon or not.

Morbi

Scavenger

I highly doubt that Marth will get a new move-set. I think it will just be an alternate costume, if anything. There is no inherent need for them to change Marth just to accommodate an aesthetic change. So that last point is somewhat irrelevant. However, certain aspects of Marth might be changed if that is the case. Not his move-set, but certain animations might. If that is what you are getting at. In the end, I think it is a realistic possibility. I don't necessarily think that it will actualize though.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Sometimes you forget we're talking about Sakurai here...
Just... look at Ganon and Cap.Falcon.

If Marth will be playable (and it's a very safe bet) don't expect great changes in his moveset.
Some change will happen, in almost every character (like Marth SSBM and SSBB), but not that much.

And... If Lucina joins...She will be a alt.costume for Marth.
SHE PRETENDS BEING HIM.
It's just a mask... and our beloved director will take advantage about it.

-----------
Just for posterior information ... I really admire Sakurai and don't think he's lazy at all, just practical about the characters.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I had a dream Genesect was confirmed. Which is weird, because I don't even like Genesect.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Man... It's SSB hype.
Another day I dream that I was matching Mew2King (I don't even close to this play level) in a SSB4 match...
And there's 3D gameplay perspectives ... I can't even explain... Sometimes the game goes to 3D when some moves are done, that was a total mess.
And my Dixie Kong was being hated cause she was Top Tier...
And I woke up (obviously...)

Or not :| ?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
The night before I had a dream about carrot sticks, though, so it means nothing.
Carrot Sticks 4 Smash!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The night before I had a dream about carrot sticks, though, so it means nothing.
Carrot Sticks 4 Smash!
Hey, maybe we'll get a rabbit character? Peppy Hare confirmed.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Marth is back, folks...
Now, when Lucina will be confirmed for a alt.skin?

(Design for him is actually incredible, maybe the more detailed character...)
While I don't like the char, I sadly expect he will be a powerfull one again.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Marth is back, folks...

His design does look incredible! I say a Lucina alt is more of a reality now since WFT has one now. Also Marth and Lucina seem to have a similar build as well.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. It looks like Sakurai doesn't give a hoot about announcing previously hidden characters. Which gladdens me. ^.^

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Marth is back, folks...

How do you not like Marth?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I personally enjoy the Shadow Dragon design he has. Though it kind of looks blended with his Awakening artwork and FE12 as well.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481

"Pic of the day : Sonic : Lost World is out in Japan today! The Windy Hill area can also be seen in Super.Smash.Bros for Wii U ... but I can't tell you all the details yet."

"All the details" is that shield in Sonic hands? Come on Sakurai, don't **** with us. Maybe is just the effect to a clash between the atacks ...
While shield/cancel atacks hitbox could be a unique gameplay change ...
Doublepost: From Mario's stance, it looks like a Fireball rather than a punch. See that his hand is not rolled into a fist. But Sonic's is - that's probably a neutral combo starter for him, looking at his Brawl moveset. So this is most likely a clash of attacks, the fireball taking the hit for Sonic's punch.

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
I personally enjoy the Shadow Dragon design he has. Though it kind of looks blended with his Awakening artwork and FE12 as well.
In the miiverse post, it says as much. So you're correct in your observation. Marth's new look is based from Shafow Dragon, but was influenced by newer games as well.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Looks like Goku got confrimed today.:troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
MARTH!!!Yes,,,hope some more Fire Emblem chars get revealed soon, Lucina/Chrom
Yes, the Marth reveal was very hype for me. Enough for me to go out and purchase Fire Emblem Awakening. I used to believe that Roy was going to be the only FE addition (after Marth and Ike). However, now I really want Lucina or Chrom. Lucina and Chrom. Lucina costume and Chrom character? I don't care, I just want one of the two in the game, one way or another. Haha.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463

Analysis I found:

I DID notice the % font was slightly different and there wasn't a pattern in the player HUD (the red and blue icons). The character name font is also different.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

Analysis I found:

I DID notice the % font was slightly different and there wasn't a pattern in the player HUD (the red and blue icons). The character name font is also different.
I thought this was confirmed fake a month ago?

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
I had never seen this stuff before. Interesting. But it obviously isn't real. Not to mention I really don't think there will be any sort of leaks from Sakurai.

Top Bottom