• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
The official website for Nintendo's upcoming 2014 dual release of Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS is now online! You can locate the website here: http://www.smashbros.com/

Information regarding the website itself will be added here for discussion!

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Considering it was announced that they will also be showing pictures on miiverse everyday, will those also be included in this subforum?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
If the pictures shown provide enough information to warrant individual updates; then we will include an update in this forum. Otherwise, they may be discussed in the main SSB4 Discussion forum!

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Did they say how often the official site was going to be updated with new information?

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Did they say how often the official site was going to be updated with new information?

Sakurai said he was planning on doing them every week day, but we aren't sure when exactly he'll start. He said they are updates and pictures taken from his office, so I assume once he's back home after E3. Hopefully we get more tomorrow though!

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Im hoping this site will be just like the one from brawl. Those updates made me want to wake up everyday :)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Im hoping this site will be just like the one from brawl. Those updates made me want to wake up everyday :)

They were the last thing I saw before I went to bed... the Dojo was awesome.

Welcome to the site, by the way!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Sakurai said he was planning on doing them every week day, but we aren't sure when exactly he'll start. He said they are updates and pictures taken from his office, so I assume once he's back home after E3. Hopefully we get more tomorrow though!

That was him talking about the Miiverse though, not the Dojo.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Exactly. Sakurai never said anything about daily updating the site; just adding screenshots on the MiiVerse community page. Personally, I like this new sure. I wish it had more of Sakurai's awkward and blatantly obvious musings on it. Keep in mind that after the Brawl trailer, we had a temp site prior to Dijo. This could be the same this time around.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
They were the last thing I saw before I went to bed... the Dojo was awesome.

Welcome to the site, by the way!
Thanks been reading this site for a few months and never actually posted thought it be a good time to join :)

BelitZ

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-7623-2393
The Wii fit update on the website seemed kind of random when they could have done it alongside Megaman and Villager. Wondering how often I should check the supersmashbros.com website for huge updates like that...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
The Wii fit update on the website seemed kind of random when they could have done it alongside Megaman and Villager. Wondering how often I should check the supersmashbros.com website for huge updates like that...

FYI, the website was actually updated after the character was revealed live during a conference... I'm not sure why they spaced out the announcements, but the website wasn't randomly updated.

I'd check the website once a dayyyy. :) I think, in the very least, the screenshot on the homepage will be swapped around Monday-Friday (the name of the image is daily.jpg)

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
I checked smash bros dojo daily before Brawl. I surely will check daily this page. This page used wisely can be a HYPE creator. A way to share Smash Bros. information. I can´t wait to see stages information, items, ALL!!! Maybe they can do the same with Mario Kart 8. I surely would check that daily.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I checked smash bros dojo daily before Brawl. I surely will check daily this page. This page used wisely can be a HYPE creator. A way to share Smash Bros. information. I can´t wait to see stages information, items, ALL!!! Maybe they can do the same with Mario Kart 8. I surely would check that daily.
I love how each of your posts has size changing text for EMPHASIS

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Not a fan of the site concept.
When there's a new character announced the first thing we're going to see is some text announcing it? Then we have to scroll down and find them?

Brawls DOJO was better when you casually log on and BAM!! Pokemon trainer and his companions are staring at you intensely on the front page.

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
I for one really hope Dojo esque updates are going to happen. It used to be a little conversation each day I would have at school. Definitely kept the hype alive! Even for those that don't follow it that closely because every time you check the website theres new info.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Anyone know what days/times the updates are expected?
I'm expecting a pretty minor update (an item?) next to cool us all down after the excitement of yesterday.

Not sure why people think Sakurai being away from home means there won't be an update anytime soon.
It's not like he literally writes the update and takes screens for it just before he posts. He will have already written up and prepared many of them already and have them posted at set times.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
FYI, the website was actually updated after the character was revealed live during a conference... I'm not sure why they spaced out the announcements, but the website wasn't randomly updated.

I'd check the website once a dayyyy. :) I think, in the very least, the screenshot on the homepage will be swapped around Monday-Friday (the name of the image is daily.jpg)
Sak said during the WFT reveal that they wanted to space the reveal out from the trailer for hype's sake. That way, they could see the surprised audience reaction (which they couldn't get, I guess, from the original trailer or something).

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don't think we will get too many big updates. We might get some more information as E3 goes on. However, considering Brawl went easily a year before the daily updates began, I am not too sure if they will do that again. This IS a new game though and the time between debut trailer/release is significantly shorter (SSBB 2006-2008; SSB4 2013-2014). We might get updates sooner than previously. As well, we had 5 new characters to hype about instead of just 3. We may get a new character in the near future.

Im just not sold that they will have a daily updates quite yet.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I don't think we will get too many big updates. We might get some more information as E3 goes on. However, considering Brawl went easily a year before the daily updates began, I am not too sure if they will do that again. This IS a new game though and the time between debut trailer/release is significantly shorter (SSBB 2006-2008; SSB4 2013-2014). We might get updates sooner than previously. As well, we had 5 new characters to hype about instead of just 3. We may get a new character in the near future.

Im just not sold that they will have a daily updates quite yet.
They would be stupid not to.
Hooking people into checking the site once a day is like forcing them to buy the game.
You look it up when you're bored.... but once you've invested that much into it you feel obligated to buy it. Evil genius that Sakurai is.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Depending on the release date, we have technically 7 to 18 months if it will actually be released in 2014. I wonder if they will have enough content to update daily if the release date is in a year from now. If you consider that, then "you must recover posts" will be more common.

If we don't see any daily updates this month, I would expect updates to start in mid-fall. The dojo was open with the first update in late May up to the February release in Japan/ march release in America. That's 8 months of daily updates. That was after a year long absence of notable info. For SSB4, we are talking a full year to a year and a half of daily updates (unless its released in January). Personally, I'd rather see higher quality weekly updates rather than "basic rules" and "you must recover" type updates; which I can see happen if they start doing daily updates now.

However, I do think we will get several new updates later this week into next week to hold people over.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Depending on the release date, we have technically 7 to 18 months if it will actually be released in 2014. I wonder if they will have enough content to update daily if the release date is in a year from now. If you consider that, then "you must recover posts" will be more common.

If we don't see any daily updates this month, I would expect updates to start in mid-fall. The dojo was open with the first update in late May up to the February release in Japan/ march release in America. That's 8 months of daily updates. That was after a year long absence of notable info. For SSB4, we are talking a full year to a year and a half of daily updates (unless its released in January). Personally, I'd rather see higher quality weekly updates rather than "basic rules" and "you must recover" type updates; which I can see happen if they start doing daily updates now.

However, I do think we will get several new updates later this week into next week to hold people over.
Yeah, I'd rather see the odd worthwhile update in between loads of basic rules and you must recover posts as long as it starts soon.

Aside frim being impatient It'll make us appreciate the better updates more.
When you log on expecting to see some lame item but instead find the Pokemon trainer staring you in the face it just makes it all the more sweeter.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Maybe he'll purposely release some tidbits in those daily screenshots, and the info will propagate to the dojo. So far, it looks like this new site is reserved for character reveals only. hope they change the structure of it soon, slowly making room for stages, items and the like. I did love the old dojo, I remember waking up to PT and being elated all day.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
They would be stupid not to.
Hooking people into checking the site once a day is like forcing them to buy the game.
You look it up when you're bored.... but once you've invested that much into it you feel obligated to buy it. Evil genius that Sakurai is.
Tru dat.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Not a fan of the site concept.
When there's a new character announced the first thing we're going to see is some text announcing it? Then we have to scroll down and find them?

Brawls DOJO was better when you casually log on and BAM!! Pokemon trainer and his companions are staring at you intensely on the front page.
Dojo had a much better design. I do not care for the Metro look. Don't know how they would do news updates on that site either.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Dojo's layout changed once we starting getting daily updates (more than just new screenshots added), I'm sure this new layout will change somewhat once things like stage and item sections are added.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The Dojo's layout once we starting getting daily updates (more than just new screenshots added), I'm sure this new layout will change somewhat once things like stage and item sections are added.
I think it will all also be streamlined on one screen, so when you click on the "stage" button it stays on the same page, has icons for various stages come out, and then you select it. I also think the stage list will be below the character list, as will Pokéball Pokémon, Assist Trophy characters, general items, game mode stuff, Story/Adventure Mode stuff, online stuff, etc. And it seems the new top text is essentially the new "notices" feature and updater.

Also, I think the updates will take place at approximately 12 noon/1 PM PST (in about 3 hours, give or take an hour or so) like the Wii Fit Trainer update. However, that could have been a one-time update (time), and I could be wrong.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I think it will all also be streamlined on one screen, so when you click on the "stage" button it stays on the same page, has icons for various stages come out, and then you select it. I also think the stage list will be below the character list, as will Pokéball Pokémon, Assist Trophy characters, general items, game mode stuff, Story/Adventure Mode stuff, online stuff, etc. And it seems the new top text is essentially the new "notices" feature and updater.

This would be great, it'd look really nice. And I'm sure you're right John!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The Dojo's layout changed once we starting getting daily updates (more than just new screenshots added), I'm sure this new layout will change somewhat once things like stage and item sections are added.
yeah but that time the sections were clearly visible just blanked out
Here, it's just a big screen of characters

Still, I agree, it could easily change.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This would be great, it'd look really nice. And I'm sure you're right John!
Well just going off the current layout that's what we got. We also have side buttons that switch from character character, and that character graphic on the bottom when you are on said character screens. Why not just have that with all kinds of options=??? It's such a better interface than the Brawl Dojo's blog layout.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Apparently, you can still access the Brawl Dojo via URL manipulation. The US site is full of 404 errors and broken images, but the UK site is still online, albeit with some broken links too.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/index.html

It's like the ruins of an ancient, once great civilization. But, like all things must, it has slowly lost the battle against time.

Also John that website best update at that time which you said. You can't give me hope like that then not deliver. I'd fall apart.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's like the ruins of an ancient, once great civilization. But, like all things must, it has slowly lost the battle against time.
It's kinda creepy to think about how it's been almost 5 1/2 years since Brawl was released.
Also John that website best update at that time which you said. You can't give me hope like that then not deliver. I'd fall apart.
Which time=??? (1 PM PST, aka now=???) Honestly, I think a Brawl Dojo update time (12 midnight PST) is more likely.

Also, the Dojo might not even begin updating until next week. But regardless, the updates are coming, and they are coming very soon.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
It's kinda creepy to think about how it's been almost 5 1/2 years since Brawl was released.

Which time=??? (1 PM PST, aka now=???) Honestly, I think a Brawl Dojo update time (12 midnight PST) is more likely.

Also, the Dojo might not even begin updating until next week. But regardless, the updates are coming, and they are coming very soon.
You've crushed my spirits D:

: P

anyways, this picture kinda jumped out at me, can anyone tell me the game the stage is from?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You've crushed my spirits D:

: P
It's better than waiting 5 freaking years with the only information being we're getting 2 games instead of 1, they'll be connected, a bunch of mindless rumors, and knowing who the new developer is.
[collapse="anyways, this picture kinda jumped out at me, can anyone tell me the game the stage is from?"]
[/collapse]
That stage is confirmed to be Gerudo Valley (from Ocarina of Time [3DS]) for Smash 3DS. That part of the stage is the tent where those guys who were kidnapped and their friends stay(ed) in OOT. There's gameplay of it, and the Gerudo Valley main theme plays on this stage. Here's a picture of the whole stage as well...

Top Bottom