• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice

Lol No worries, but yeah, we all already knew what it was.

Anywho, so the other night, when we got the dumb picture of WFT, I randomly had a dream that Dr. Robotnik/Eggman made it into Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS (I know it's sad, I dreamed about a video game). I know it probably won't ever occur, but it's strange that it seems like no one has even thought about it.
Do you guys have any thoughts?

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Lol No worries, but yeah, we all already knew what it was.

Anywho, so the other night, when we got the dumb picture of WFT, I randomly had a dream that Dr. Robotnik/Eggman made it into Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS (I know it's sad, I dreamed about a video game). I know it probably won't ever occur, but it's strange that it seems like no one has even thought about it.
Do you guys have any thoughts?
No

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
So, everyone is saying if Mewtwo returns he will be in his Mega Evolved form. I do think Mewtwo will return, but I don't think he will be in his Mega Evolved form because, as the site puts it, "the Mega Evolved forms only occur in combat, and goes away afterwards." Wouldn't it make perfect sense for the Mega Evolved form to be Mewtwo's Final Smash?

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
So, everyone is saying if Mewtwo returns he will be in his Mega Evolved form. I do think Mewtwo will return, but I don't think he will be in his Mega Evolved form because, as the site puts it, "the Mega Evolved forms only occur in combat, and goes away afterwards." Wouldn't it make perfect sense for the Mega Evolved form to be Mewtwo's Final Smash?
-------------
Yeah... I think the same. It's a "god-level temporary" transformation;;; In Smash without doubts is Smash Ball provides that kind of stuff.
(Bowser, ROB, Wario, Samus (hohoho....) are examples...

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
-------------
Yeah... I think the same. It's a "god-level temporary" transformation;;; In Smash without doubts is Smash Ball provides that kind of stuff.
(Bowser, ROB, Wario, Samus (hohoho....) are examples...

I agree with you guys. But you're forgetting one thing. Mewtwo has two different Mega Evolved forms. So maybe it alternates when you get the Smash Ball. How cool would that be?

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you guys. But you're forgetting one thing. Mewtwo has two different Mega Evolved forms. So maybe it alternates when you get the Smash Ball. How cool would that be?

As for Mewtwo's two Megaevos, I have no idea how that would work. The only idea I have is one exclusive to each version. If it has to come down to just one or the other though, I'd rather have Mega Mewtwo X.

Ah, that's a good point about the two different Mega-versions, but, I already have an idea! Yeah, the 3DS could have the Y version and the Wii U the X version (or vice versa); but another option that comes to mind is the customization that Sakurai has discussed. It's far fetched, but you could choose which version he becomes?

And for sure I thought a Pokemon character would get announced Friday or today. Since Sonic and Toon Link were revealed so recently, however, I see why he didn't announce a new character. Plus, Sakurai is all about surprise and trolling, so I suspect we will get a new character before the end of the week still, but on like Wednesday. I really don't think Jigglypuff, though, since it's a secret fighter, and they've never announced a secret fighter until the Japan release (with the exception of third-partiers and Luigi due to the YoL).

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Seriously, you may as well stop expecting a major Pokemon update for the time being. I already did a few/couple days ago.

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
Or possibly, the Pokemon that Sakurai plans to reveal is not quite ready to be shown yet. Or he thinks that there has just been too many reveals in too short of a time so he's waiting a while. Only two weeks after Toon Link was revealed, Sonic was. That was two weeks ago. So he could be giving it time for us to calm down or something. He could also be giving time for Pokemon X and Y to be ought for a while before he chooses another Pokemon to reveal.

Maybe we're not getting a Pokemon reveal because all of the Pokemon characters are already confirmed. :awesome:
I doubt they are done with the Pokemon characters. There hasn't been a single one where there was only Pikachu. All have had Jigglypuff; she is probably gonna be another secret character. But ever since Melee, there has been more then just those two. So it is very doubtful that that is the case. ;)

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I am...intrigued. Playable, stage hazard, or pokeball/assist trophy?
It does look like the sky from the Pilowings stage, so my bet is on either pokeball or playable - but most likely, it's a pokeball. But dear me, I hope it's a playable!
daily.jpg

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Also, just brought to my attention, it is impossible that it's a stage hazard. X and Y are 3DS games, and stages based off 3DS games are only on SSB43DS.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Xerneas is a pokeball obviously; stop looking too much into it. Why would it be playable when they've got Mewtwo and company to bring back?

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Xerneas is a pokeball obviously; stop looking too much into it. Why would it be playable when they've got Mewtwo and company to bring back?

As much as I want it, they might not bring Mewtwo back, and Lucario's chances are rather poor. You have to keep an open mind, and there's nothing obvious about this image. Yeah, I think it's a pokeball, but there's always a chance, especially since four characters per series is not necessarily the cap for the Smash roster.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well if Xerneas were playable you would think there would've been talk, speculation, or support of some kind for it beforehand, like there was with Lucario during pre-Brawl before it was revealed.

And for the record I like Xerneas. Its beautiful cutscene in X version amazed me before I captured it, but I see no real reason it would be playable, and I'm not exactly narrow minded or anything.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Well if Xerneas were playable you would think there would've been talk, speculation, or support of some kind for it beforehand, like there was with Lucario during pre-Brawl before it was revealed.

And for the record I like Xerneas. Its beautiful cutscene in X version amazed me before I captured it, but I see no real reason it would be playable, and I'm not exactly narrow minded or anything.

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from! I don't know much about Xerneas, to be honest. But I do know that at least one of the Pokemon characters in every Smash is selected based on popularity, and right now Xerneas fits the bill. I'm not going to make any serious predictions or anything, though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Whatever it is, it's not a character. There's no way a newcomer would be revealed with such minimal fanfare.

Plus they wouldn't choose to highlight Xerneas over Yveltal in such a major way at this point anyhow.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Pfft, not if I intend on keeping my hipster status intact. X is way too mainstream.

I agree completely, but what does that have anything to do with this? :troll:

Y'know, I still haven't caught Xerneas. I'm too depressed I accidentally soft reset right after catching a Goomy for my Nuzlocke.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I agree completely, but what does that have anything to do with this? :troll:
Oh you know, that JRPG on the Wii U, otherwise known as the most popular genre in the west on the most popular console in all regions. Yeah, it's totally going to be way too mainstream, it'll definitely sell a few million copies, so yeah... I'll probably pass on that. Oh how I wish it was a niche title... :troll:

Y'know, I still haven't caught Xerneas. I'm too depressed I accidentally soft reset right after catching a Goomy for my Nuzlocke.
At least you have the system for the game. I lost mine and have been intermittently stealing my nephew's. :laugh:

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
Well today's image is certainly ambiguous. It's obviously not a playable character, but the way Pikachu's standing so close to it makes it seem like a Pokéball. Either way, it's nice to see Xerness there in some form.

Still don't have Pokémon Y... of all the times to run low on spending money...

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

"Pic of the day. What a great sound a Meteor Smash makes when it slams on an opponent! …Which, I'm sure, you can't tell by the picture."

Sakurai teasing us with the sound of the meteor smashes now. A sound we will never hear until the game releases. Or if we're lucky, we get a demo before launch.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice

"Pic of the day. What a great sound a Meteor Smash makes when it slams on an opponent! …Which, I'm sure, you can't tell by the picture."

Sakurai teasing us with the sound of the meteor smashes now. A sound we will never hear until the game releases. Or if we're lucky, we get a demo before launch.

You can hear it twice in the Mega Man announcement video, if you wanted to know. ^.^

Sheepolution

Smash Rookie

Don't directly use the websites images, because then this happens :p

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Has no one ever considered that maybe it's just a Pikachu trophy standing back-to-back with a Xerneas trophy in some kind of diorama mode?

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
Don't trust internet rumors.
I know. I don't really believe it. But I'm just thinking that it can possibly give us a little more to look forward to if it is true. Or hope that the game will come sooner rather than later. But, again, I am not putting faith in this. I know it is probably not true. But simply speculation.

Top Bottom