• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 2nd

Chumchou

Smash Rookie
I'm almost certain that there were numerous pictures showing that the bottom screen shows a "Mii Fighters" / "Characters" type panel that you tap to go between the two. That said, I haven't seen anything leaked that actually shows the Mii selection screen, so who knows.
Yeah I now remember seeing those too, but maybe before you unlock the Mii fighter you can just change what miis show up in the multi mii fight thing. But it doesn't really matter, only 10 days left til we find everything out :]

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
That's true, and that screen was possibly the intro screen to the customize portion. I just found the image I was thinking of and it doesn't seem to indicate that it's part of the CSS. But yeah, 10 days. Exciting! And someone has to get it earlier than the street date, so at most 10 days. The time is near.

andimidna

Smash Master
I wonder if Mii Fighters will show up here.
And how many?
And would they show up at 2006 or 2014? Since Miis debuted with the Wii, but Mii FIGHTERS technically didn't appear in any other game, making this their debut in a way.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
My guess is if they do show up on the CSS, they will take 1 square, or 1 2x1 rectangle. While in no way indicative of meaning anything, this official scan shows them as take a few spots, but I'm just not feeling that for the 3DS with the screen real estate. Who knows, maybe they will occupy that much.

Chumchou

Smash Rookie
I wonder if Mii Fighters will show up here.
And how many?
And would they show up at 2006 or 2014? Since Miis debuted with the Wii, but Mii FIGHTERS technically didn't appear in any other game, making this their debut in a way.
I think they would show in 2006, because some charators didn't have they're name when they were first shown, like Peach being called Princess Toadstool or Bowser being called King Koopa

Chumchou

Smash Rookie
My guess is if they do show up on the CSS, they will take 1 square, or 1 2x1 rectangle. While in no way indicative of meaning anything, this official scan shows them as take a few spots, but I'm just not feeling that for the 3DS with the screen real estate. Who knows, maybe they will occupy that much.
Yeah but there is also this pic of them, so again we'll just have to wait to find out lol

Last edited:

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Awesome sauce. I like that fact that all start mode is available from the word go. Also cool little nods including the time line thing.

Chumchou

Smash Rookie
This picture means nothing to me, considering the fact that he shouldn't know who is cut without unlocking all of the characters.
Well I did find this image on the smash bros website
So this could be the image they use just zoomed in a bit more like the other ones

CamZ

Smash Apprentice
It seems I am the only one hyped for the possible return of Roy...

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Dr. Mario will be the Dr. Mario from Melee. Roy would in turn probably be that way as well. With Lucina now in the game, I think his chances are done for. Pichu I think has a better shot.

Young Link and Roy are in the cellar of possibly returning vets.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
"Have faith in the Sakurai that bestows daily images, for he will provide the coal that allows the train of hype to move on even in our darkest times"
-Excerpt from the Book of The Regginator

LocaMash

Smash Rookie
When you remember the leak, or wanting to know the full roster....

Soon the crazy controversy will be put to an end when the JP version is released.

Last edited:

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
It's kinda funny, actually, that Nintendo would give the ESRB an incomplete game to rate, unless... *the conspiracy ensues*

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
It's kinda funny, actually, that Nintendo would give the ESRB an incomplete game to rate, unless... *the conspiracy ensues*
We saw like 5 screen shots and 2 minutes of a random battle or two. For all we know the video may have been showcasing how the roster expands =P It's safe to say that we have absolutely no idea how final that leaked CSS screen is.

Jay-Vonnie

Smash Rookie
I'm glad there going to be moe characters but I heard the leaker who released the vids the people were going to be.

Dixie kong
Impa
March rider
Mewto
Wolf
Also will there still be a story mode like brawls ?

Wow Greninja is probably gonna be the last enemy you fight?

Pretty cool!
I don't think so I think they might make a new boss

Last edited by a moderator:

Kos-MosPlushie

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kos-MosPlushie
I don't think this deconfirms anything about the leak. First of all, even though we know who will be revealed, Sakurai probably wants to keep characters a secret until properly announced. Notice that Game and Watch, ROB, and Duck Hunt Dog aren't in the timeline, in the eighties section where they would be had this roster be complete. What the PotD is probably showing us is what All-Star mode looks like when you first boot the game. Secondly, it's like Melee where you have to play for a while to get very character, so the only thing that this proves is who will be unlocked from the start. Duck Hunt Dog is locked as a hidden joke character kinda like R.O.B in Brawl.

Off topic: I like how the recovery items are from different games rather than all Heart Containers.

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
While this is true, I think the biggest case for optimism is the zany roster order. Not only are Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit not in the right place, but Yoshi is also in the wrong place, and there are some blank spots left.

I was pessimistic before this POTD, but now I feel there is cause for optimism.
Yoshi is shown in the same place in every recent legitimate smash roster we've seen. Its obviously not a missorder, it doesn't make sense anyway, rosalina is unlocked so if yoshi was meant to be away from the marios, then he already would be, unlocks won't change anything.

Last edited:

MegaDeltaXZ

Smash Rookie
I know everybody is talking about how there was probably more chars to be unlocked but that is just a theory. See, the footage we saw was FOOTAGE not actual gameplay by the ESRB so why would they lock some characters when it is a review video? Another thing is that the All-Star mode part of the leak was probably different footage taken at different times. But of course i'm not saying it's fake or not true, i'm just saying it could also possibly be false.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I think Sakurai's description of Lucina was pretty much like talking about Roy. It's highly possible that he could be a Lucina Costume alt!

Olimarincharge

Smash Rookie
NNID
jackthelamp
Even without anymore surprises, Everything from the leak seems pretty fantastic!

Except for Dr. Mario, I don't know why they would bring him back.

Top Bottom