• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 2nd

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Calling it now, Mr. Game & Watch is unlocked by completing All-Star Mode on Intensity 5.0 or Higher.
Because it's a nice callback of HOW HARD HE WAS UNLOCKED IN MELEE! >:|
I didn't think any of the characters in Melee were necessarily "hard" to unlock. I thought they were more "tedious" than anything.

Like Mewtwo, you had to do 20 hours of VS, or 500 VS Matches.
I personally took the cheap way out, and plugged 4 controllers in, started an endless Melee, and left the system on for 5 hours.

And Mr. Game & Watch was unlocked by completing Classic Mode, Adventure Mode, or Target Test with all the other characters, on any difficulty, or playing 1,000 VS Matches.
I just carelessly ran through Classic mode with everyone on Very Easy.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
just hope All-Star mode won't have a character unlock especially if that unlock is going to be ridiculous like 'Unlock all other characters and then beat them all in all-star mode on intensity 5.0 or higher'

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Now is the chance for Mewtwo.

MEWTWO WILL END THE NONBELIEVERS!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I didn't think any of the characters in Melee were necessarily "hard" to unlock. I thought they were more "tedious" than anything.

Like Mewtwo, you had to do 20 hours of VS, or 500 VS Matches.
I personally took the cheap way out, and plugged 4 controllers in, started an endless Melee, and left the system on for 5 hours.

And Mr. Game & Watch was unlocked by completing Classic Mode, Adventure Mode, or Target Test with all the other characters, on any difficulty, or playing 1,000 VS Matches.
I just carelessly ran through Classic mode with everyone on Very Easy.
This right here; they weren't hard so much; as he puts it; tedious. There's only one error in this post; Mewtwo is 20 hours OR 700 matches. But the point is there.

infomon

Smash Scientist
We don't have any reason to believe the leaked roster image was from the exact same build or time as the locked all-star mode image. There's still a good chance we've seen the full roster.

DK-RULES

Smash Apprentice
Might be completely out of left field, but here are some characters I would love to see as newbies:
Simon Belmont-Castlevania
Arthur-Ghosts n Goblins
Rygar-Rygar-(I think his name is Rygar)
Bionic Commando

Some of these if not all of them have showed up in other systems beyond Nintendo, but I believe they all started with Nintendo similar to Megaman.
All 4 of these were very popular in their time.

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
The roster leaker took it from a ESRB video while the All Star Mode leaker has a copy of the game.
I thought the roster and all-star mode picture leaker was a NOA employee who had a copy of the game. How would he have taken a picture from a video of the ESRB? Why would the ESRB even be taking a ****ty quality video of a game they were rating?

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
I don't want to say this out loud, but it's possible that the leaked CSS is for a mode that Miis are not included in for whatever reason. That said, they'll take up 1 or 3 roster positions on the final CSS, and the Random button might also be on the CSS (it could be somewhere on the character selection portraits below the CSS). So somewhere between 1 and 4 slots are already determined. Also, I doubt G&W, Dark Pit, Ganondorf, and Wario will be revealed before the game comes out, since they've already been teased.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I thought the roster and all-star mode picture leaker was a NOA employee who had a copy of the game. How would he have taken a picture from a video of the ESRB? Why would the ESRB even be taking a ****ty quality video of a game they were rating?
Somebody from the ESRB stole pictures and video of the game, gave it to some of their friends and then their friends posted it to the internet. There wasn't a NOA employee who leaked it.

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
What the heck is everyone so excited about? This Pic of the Day tells us ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in regards to the leak. We saw the lock in the leak, we knew the lock meant more characters needed to be unlocked (as it has ALWAYS meant in All-Star mode), and we decided either the roster wasn't finished or the pic was taken early in testing.

This pic CHANGES NOTHING. No character has any more OR less hope than they did before. I seriously don't understand what the heck is going on with everyone today; is there a gas leak or something?

Last edited:

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Somebody from the ESRB stole pictures and video of the game, gave it to some of their friends and then their friends posted it to the internet. There wasn't a NOA employee who leaked it.
Okay, I think I got it now but, were the roster leaker and all-star mode picture leaker actually confirmed to be different leakers?

Ornstine

Smash Cadet
NNID
Faroose
3DS FC
3454-1164-7348
So the last 5 characters are probably gonna be Ridley King K Rool Wolf Mewtwo and maaaaaybe chorus men? I don't say ice climbers because there usually starters and the fact that they weren't shown in the leak shows that Sakurai must of cut them. I mean they cooould be unlock able but it's a very small chance because Sakurai already said he might cut them cuz of the 3DS limitations. I would like Lucas too but he probably suffered the same fate as ice climbers. As long as King K Rool and Mewtwo are in it I don't really care who joins

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
The general consensus is that the NOA employee tasked with compiling a demo reel for ESRB leaked it and the screenshots for his buddies who then made them public, though that hasn't been confirmed either. I'd love to see a source that confirms your claim, but unfortunately this isn't the right thread for that.

Okay, I think I got it now but, were the roster leaker and all-star mode picture leaker actually confirmed to be different leakers?
No, from what I can tell there's a lot of speculation mixed with people talking like they know for sure what happened without a source. Nothing's been 100% confirmed.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
What the heck is everyone so excited about? This Pic of the Day tells us ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in regards to the leak. We saw the lock in the leak, we knew the lock meant more characters needed to be unlocked (as it has ALWAYS meant in All-Star mode), and we decided either the roster wasn't finished or the pic was taken early in testing.

This pic CHANGES NOTHING. No character has any more OR less hope than they did before. I seriously don't understand what the heck is going on with everyone today; is there a gas leak or something?
No This Confirms the Leak To be true and at this point no one can say its fake since its the exact same Lock

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Can people explain to me why this PotD somehow confirms that there are more characters not in the leak?

How I see it:

People were talking about how the roster might not be complete because there was a lock on All-Star mode. Their evidence was that the lock means not all characters are unlocked.

Now, people are talking about how the roster might not be complete because there is a lock on All-Star mode. Their evidence now is that the lock means not all characters are unlocked.

Nothing changed aside from what the lock icon means. All the reasons why the All-Stars lock might mean more characters and might not mean more characters still apply.

I'm not saying I don't think there aren't more characters, I'm just saying that this doesn't disprove that the leak showed the full roster.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
The general consensus is that the NOA employee tasked with compiling a demo reel for ESRB leaked it and the screenshots for his buddies who then made them public, though that hasn't been confirmed either. I'd love to see a source that confirms your claim, but unfortunately this isn't the right thread for that.
I don't have a "source" on the matter, I was under the impression that this was the story behind it.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I hear that there is going to be a big leak or something on September 13th that will confirm whether there are more characters than the leak CSS or not.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
why are people saying that this confirmes that the leak wasen't the full roster? The leaker said himself it wasen't the full roster, before this came out

SaburoDaimando

Smash Rookie
It's rather interesting that this is the first time All-Star Mode is available right off the bat before you unlock your first character, compared to the last two Smash Bros games.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
It's rather interesting that this is the first time All-Star Mode is available right off the bat before you unlock your first character, compared to the last two Smash Bros games.
Yeah, that is sort of neat actually. I wonder if it becomes like a "True All-Star" mode or something if all the characters are unlocked.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Am I missing something? How does this confirm or deconfirm mewtwo being in? I don't understand the logic lol.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
The possible order of fights after Meta Knight: (Please note, I'm not sure if it's Japan only debuts, but that's what I'm going off of, Japan only.)

Mr. Game & Watch - 1980
Duck Hunt - 1984
R.O.B. - 1985
Dr. Mario - 1990
Wario - 1992
Ness - 1994
Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff - 1996
Sheik, Ganondorf - 1998
Villager, Olimar - 2001
Toon Link, Bowser Jr. - 2002
Zero Suit Samus - 2004
Ike - 2005
Mii Fighter, Lucario - 2006
Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina & Luma - 2007
Shulk - 2010
Lucina, Robin, Dark Pit- 2012
Greninja - 2013

It could be out of order, but I tried my best based on Japan's release dates. Also note, that only the years are in order, not the individual days that the characters appeared in.
Zero Suit Samus would be much earlier. Right after Samus. That is if were counting thr Justin Bailey Zero Suit.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
If youve seen the newly leaked css photos, it all makes sense. Sakurai added Lucina when Chrom (?) Was cut during development. The reasoning was that he supposedly didnt want to reduce the amount of chars. This is because all of the chars and the random select fit perfectly on the 3DS screen.

bloodyshadow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8060-5220
It's kind of sucky that one of the PotD was one of the leak pics, but I'm glad there was a little more added. I really like this whole "embracing the chronology of everything" that seems to be an overall theme for the fame this time.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
ICE CLIMBERS HOPEFULLY ARE PART OF THE LAST 5!!!!! HYPE!

Because Dixie and Ridley already are taking 2 of 5 slots, so ///////// 3 left!

Hoping IC's are one of them :-D

Top Bottom