• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 2nd

Lord Danongore

Smash Cadet
Am I missing something? How does this confirm or deconfirm mewtwo being in? I don't understand the logic lol.
This really doesn't really confirm or deny anything.

Over at the Ridley thread, the newest argument against him was from the All Star stills from the Japanese direct, which showed Samus in the line up but not Ridley. Their logic was that Ridley wasn't next to Samus in All Star Mode, so Ridley was, in essence, proven unplayable.

This PotD blows that theory out of the water, which has given us Ridley Supporters hope for his inclusion (or more straws to grasp at depending on your opinion). This optimism has sort of rippled out of the Ridley Support thread to the rest of the community. (K. Rool/Dixie/Mewtwo supporters).

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
1) I didn't make that image
2) It was a joke
But people are taking it seriously is what I don't understand. At least they seem to be. In any case it is not that big a deal to dive any deeper into it. I'll let the kiddies enjoy there bliss in ignorance. No one likes a party pooper haha.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Why are people crushing peeps dreams for no reason?
To prepare them so they won't be completely disappointed when the game releases.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
This really doesn't really confirm or deny anything.

Over at the Ridley thread, the newest argument against him was from the All Star stills from the Japanese direct, which showed Samus in the line up but not Ridley. Their logic was that Ridley wasn't next to Samus in All Star Mode, so Ridley was, in essence, proven unplayable.

This PotD blows that theory out of the water, which has given us Ridley Supporters hope for his inclusion (or more straws to grasp at depending on your opinion). This optimism has sort of rippled out of the Ridley Support thread to the rest of the community. (K. Rool/Dixie/Mewtwo supporters).
Well DIxie is a for sure thing in my book. Wasn't she part of the leak that is pretty much confirmed?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Well DIxie is a for sure thing in my book. Wasn't she part of the leak that is pretty much confirmed?
As far as I know, there has been no positive confirmation on Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Boys, Impa, Ridley, Mewtwo, Wolf, Lucas, IC, or Snake. People speculate that there may be 5 more characters to make the CSS a complete rectangle, but outside of that, there isn't any indication that any more characters more than the roster shown isn't the final one.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Mewtwo was by 20 hours, or some insane amount of matches.
When I went to unlock Mewtwo, I put myself in a Player vs. Player match on 1 stock, had my Gamecube on ALL day and came home, killed Player 2 and defeated Mewtwo. Call it cheating if you want, but I could NOT wait to play as Mewtwo.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
I beg to differ, party poopers like party poopers. Thus me and my cohorts shall continue ruining the dreams of adult and kid alike :troll:
lol mean. Like crushing people's hopes and dreams huh? Seems like Sakuraid does too. I teared up when Dark Samus was an Assist. I thought should be a great Metroid antagonist rep. More so than Ridely. Like what the **** is he anyways? Why is he the only Spacedactyl thing we ever see in metroid. Also how can he be a captain of space pirates when he don't speak. The whole thing is just very odd to me. Does he just fly through space or does he have a ship? Soo many questions. Ridely is cool just a very very odd rival to have. Dark Samus played such a big role in Samus' biggest games I thought she would have the spot. It would be so sweet to play as that thing.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
When I went to unlock Mewtwo, I put myself in a Player vs. Player match on 1 stock, had my Gamecube on ALL day and came home, killed Player 2 and defeated Mewtwo. Call it cheating if you want, but I could NOT wait to play as Mewtwo.
Haha, I remember doing the same, just leaving it on overnight.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
As far as I know, there has been no positive confirmation on Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Boys, Impa, Ridley, Mewtwo, Wolf, Lucas, IC, or Snake. People speculate that there may be 5 more characters to make the CSS a complete rectangle, but outside of that, there isn't any indication that any more characters more than the roster shown isn't the final one.
Ah I was mistaken; my bad.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
She wasn't in the leak but she was going to be in Brawl as a tag team character with Diddy Kong. This is one of the reasons that makes her more likely than K. Rool because Sakurai usually adds characters he was going to add before in the next game, like how Doctor Mario was cut from Brawl but came back for Smash 4 (Lucina is Roy 2.0:troll:). Dixie was also playable in a recent DK game so it also helps her case.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
In 17 days our questions will all be answered. Why does it feel like an eternity?! My hype for this game outweighs every other emotion I have on a daily basis.

Seriously...SO excited.

LiL Hobbes

Smash Cadet
In 17 days our questions will all be answered. Why does it feel like an eternity?! My hype for this game outweighs every other emotion I have on a daily basis.

Seriously...SO excited.
You mean in 10 days. The Japanese version of the game comes out on the 13th, but in the US it'll be the 12th. So 10 more days until we will know everything!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Only to know your opinions, what do you think about this theory about the locations in the rooster?
If those years and dates are accurate, it's hard to dispute that it wasn't intended that way. Neat. Going along with that, is it easy to squeeze in other characters and have it still make sense? I know the single rep characters can move around freely, but that limits the other year chunks from moving.

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
So 5 more character spots are open. Hmm. Maybe 4 more character spots and the 5th is an icon for DLC. Yeah you use the DLC icon to flip through DLC characters. So then the 4 remaining characters are dixie kong, mewtwo, chorus men and ridley while the DLC characters include wolf, lucas, ice climbers and snake. Who knows maybe even King K. Rool and Sukapon.
Sakurai has stated that they have no dlc characters planned. They may do some later (like waaaaaaaay after it's release), but as for now there are no plans for any dlc.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. This time, you can challenge every fighter in All-Star Mode from the moment you turn on the game!! This is a survival battle with limited recovery items and no option to continue. However, this mode will be incomplete until you've unlocked every fighter... Until then, you can only play against characters that are already available. This is a picture of the bottom-screen menu, with a padlock indicating that the mode is still incomplete."

He included another picture and a comment: "In these battles, multiple opponents appear in one stage, and you clear the battle by defeating a number of them. The rest area that appears between battles displays the next opponents and the year the characters made their first appearances, and it also holds recovery items and an occasional reward. The characters you fight against appear pretty much in chronological order. Behold, the history of Nintendo games!!"

teasing the roster again eh sakurai?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Guess this means Greninja will be the final boss!

Wonder how that will work out....

Looking forward to the final game! :)
It does say though "The characters you fight against appear pretty much in chronological order." This probably means that the boss or midway bosses (if any) are out of order. Or it might not!

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Pleeeease Sakurai... Give us Dixie, Wolf, and something else unexpectable

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
Can someone please explain to me how this PotD confirms anything? Its like you guys saw it and thought nothing but "THIS MEANS WE'LL BE SEEING <character name here>" without any proof or reason of doing so. The padlock is likely there for the reason that characters(more than likely the ones whom were leaked) are locked here.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Can someone please explain to me how this PotD confirms anything? Its like you guys saw it and thought nothing but "THIS MEANS WE'LL BE SEEING <character name here>" without any proof or reason of doing so. The padlock is likely there for the reason that characters(more than likely the ones whom were leaked) are locked here.
Well, they mostly blew up because the leaker also sent out a picture of the padlocked menu WHILE ALSO sending out that roster he made on photoshop.

So that means he is right yet also wrong.

Chumchou

Smash Rookie
The leaker didn't have the Mii Fighters in any of his pics, so that might mean that the only characters he was missing were the mii fighters. Or it just could be that the Mii Fighters get turned off with customization. So this doesn't confirm that there are any more characters that we don't know about. But I guess we'll just see when it comes out in Japan.

EDIT: BTW I do think we'll get more characters then just the ones we know about, but not really because of this.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
The leaker didn't have the Mii Fighters in any of his pics, so that might mean that the only characters he was missing were the mii fighters. Or it just could be that the Mii Fighters get turned off with customization. So this doesn't confirm that there are any more characters that we don't know about. But I guess we'll just see when it comes out in Japan.

EDIT: BTW I do think we'll get more characters then just the ones we know about, but not really because of this.
I'm almost certain that there were numerous pictures showing that the bottom screen shows a "Mii Fighters" / "Characters" type panel that you tap to go between the two. That said, I haven't seen anything leaked that actually shows the Mii selection screen, so who knows.

Dan

Smash Lord
If he did this the day after the leak it would've been epic.

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
Probably been said already, but...

I feel like this all but confirms DLC as happening. What other reason could there possibly be to make such a drastic change to All-Star Mode? I remember discussing DLC with someone and they pointed out that it wouldn't work - with the way All-Star usually works, adding a new character to the game would require a compatibility update, which would in turn likely re-lock All-Star mode now that it knows about the new character data, but the player doesn't actually have it. With this change, any new characters would just be exempt from All-Star if the player didn't feel like downloading them/their pack. I can't imagine any other good reason for this change, except for maybe the fact that our starting roster is nearly as large as Brawl's complete roster, so you get an entire All-Star session from the get-go.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I dunno, if the starting roster is the one on the Japanese eShop,

then there are 36 characters to start with. And that's if these are already all unlocked. If we consider the full leak roster,

there are 48 characters. 12 is still a decent number to unlock.

If the roster does in fact increase to form a perfect rectangle to fill in 1 character on the penultimate row and 4 on the last row, that would bring the number to 53, 17 unlockables.

Both of those numbers (12 or 17) seem like a decent number of unlockables, and that's if the Japanese eShop picture is really showing the default starting roster, or, you know, just the characters we know about at this point (minus Lucina).

Personally? I think there will be 17 characters to unlock in total, similar to

but not an obvious fake. The layout makes more sense to me at least. But then again, Melee had some open corners:

Guess we should all stop speculating so hard and wait until September 13th, hah.

Last edited:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
people still think that screen is the full roster lol?
For god's sake the character boxes aren't even lined up. There is a minimum of 2 characters left, most likely 5 to fill up the screen.

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
What is the starting roster do we know? I hope it's stats with only like 20 that would be nice. Now say ridley is in but instead it's roidley, so wouldn't the other m ridley be when other m came out and not the original ridley.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
What is the starting roster do we know? I hope it's stats with only like 20 that would be nice. Now say ridley is in but instead it's roidley, so wouldn't the other m ridley be when other m came out and not the original ridley.
Most of us think the starting roster is the image on the Japanese EShop (all the ones on the site minus Lucina)

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
You mean in 10 days. The Japanese version of the game comes out on the 13th, but in the US it'll be the 12th. So 10 more days until we will know everything!
Ah good call! I was thinking that it was coming out on the 16th for a long time... (Although my math would've been wrong even if it did...)

I think my mind is only working at half capacity because of how excited i am!

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
"you can challenge every fighter in All-Star Mode from the moment you turn on the game!!"

*unless you haven't unlocked every fighter*

:/

Buttcheeks mcgee

Smash Apprentice
So 5 more character spots are open. Hmm. Maybe 4 more character spots and the 5th is an icon for DLC. Yeah you use the DLC icon to flip through DLC characters. So then the 4 remaining characters are dixie kong, mewtwo, chorus men and ridley while the DLC characters include wolf, lucas, ice climbers and snake. Who knows maybe even King K. Rool and Sukapon.
actually it makes more sense the other way around

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I think there won't be this perfect rectangle selectionscreen. Keep in mind there has to be another square for the Mii character. And since it's not there on that awesome fake roster, it would mean that one of those extra's would have to dissapear to make room for the Mii.

Top Bottom