• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 16th

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
That's just ridiculous. For friends it's gonna be so hard getting to know your opponent if they keep using different mii fighters. If you take away the ability to customize moves, you have 3 different miis that all can vary in height meaning different attack range. Surely width is doable if they took it that far. I find it ridiculous how you can still customize your mii in some way even if all players agreed to use default movesets.
It makes it more crazy and random in a game which can make it more fun and what, at least in terms of casual play, smash bros is all about.

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
As far as I can see, if custom movesets shouldn't be a huge problem competitively, especially if we compare the options available in this game to the options in other games with competitive scenes like Pokemon, or perhaps a better example, Dark souls and Dark souls 2.

Seeing how the customization in smash seems quite tame in comparison to both of those games, and seeing how both of those games do have thriving competitive communities, I'd say that we would be able to manage, especially once the meta evolved since overtime we would be able to determine which moves are inherently more useful than another move, either overall or in a particular match-up.

If you're plying Marth for instance, and you know that Pikachu's custom 2 variety of thunder jolt is inherently more useful against you in that match-up than the other two, or that mii brawlers do not like to use "head-on assault" in that match then you can make some inferences about the character before they even start using any moves. Sure, they might use an unfavorable move anyway to throw you off but once the initial surprise is gone you already know what to deal with.

As long as players always plan to adapt, no one should end up losing to the "random" factor too often, if at all.
Exactly smash bros is about improvasation, up to a point if course, because you don't memorize long combo sequences instead you have to make a decision based on what other people around you are doing.

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
I'm sorry, I don't think you understand. Nintendo isn't like Capcom or other companies who actually care about how their competitive games work. If that was the case, Meta-Knight woulda got nerfed in Brawl. Guess what? They didn't release a patch and he's still light years better than everyone else in the game over 6 years later.

Nintendo isn't the sorta company that patches their games to fix characters for balancing issues. Meaning that when someone inevitably finds a broken custom moveset, its never going to be fixed by Nintendo. Meaning people can and will abuse it to no end as they please.
Meta knight was op on purpose for casuals because that was brawl was focused towards. Second, nintendo is treating mega man better than capcom has in years so while they may focus on how their competitive games work they don't even care about their own characters like nintendo. Third, nintedno is getting much better with the online aspect of things and there have already been several patches in games that I've seen by them so I don't know what your trying to prove but you're doing a poor job.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
Meta knight was op on purpose for casuals because that was brawl was focused towards. Second, nintendo is treating mega man better than capcom has in years so while they may focus on how their competitive games work they don't even care about their own characters like nintendo. Third, nintedno is getting much better with the online aspect of things and there have already been several patches in games that I've seen by them so I don't know what your trying to prove but you're doing a poor job.
No offense dude, but you should probably reply to all of our posts in one post. You might catch major flack for triple posting.

Top Bottom