• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 8th

The TaBuu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTaBuu
3DS FC
3454-0444-5134
I mean she's is a goddess and all but holy moley, this Up Smash is gonna break the metagame, my Wii U and cure cancer. :sadsheep:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
So essentially a purely vertical attack option with damage and hitstun, then a large AOE with damage but no hitstun. This up smash appears to be about like Brawl Zamus up b but with less horizontal range and perhaps also without the meteor into follow-ups. Also, since there haven't been any clips or images to my knowledge of palutena moving around with the hitbox still out it looks like she still has to commit to the attack, a roll towards, disjointed attack, and at least a few of the projectiles should be able to get past the smash attack. And heavenly light only looks like it'll be useful as a surprise damage racker, or maybe as a combo ender in situations where other follow-ups aren't possible. It'd be almost useless in most neutral situations unless it out-damages the other character's punishment options.

Unless my judgement here is totally off, it all looks and sounds pretty fair to me. Now if it turns out later on that she can do some crazy DACUS where the hitbox is active and sweeping across half of FD or set the hitbox up then move around while it's still active, maybe i'll change my tune then. For now I think it'd just be best to relax.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
so what i thought was an up tilt was actually an up smash,
and what i thought was an up smash, is.... still unknown.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Yeah she's lookin a shade OP (little bit of sarcasm there). Who know's maybe the up smash have the most punishing lag possible.

The heavenly light one seems like a way of racking up mad percent too. Again depends on the lag. If there's enough punish lag then it'll be worth taking the damage to get to het.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
What does it matter if it's charged or not? The main point was that his U smash had the potential to go really high.
But you missed the reason why I stated that. The reason this argument started was the fact that someone said her U-smash was OP. While I don't believe that is true, the fact that palutena doesn't have to wait about 2 seconds for her Up smash to reach the top of the screen makes it all the more powerful than snake's Up smash. That's the point I was getting at.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

In all seriousness, I can't wait to play as her. Her moves look amazing so far. Palutena's definitely Sakurai's pride and joy, that's for sure.

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
I'm glad this move is a smash attack because if it were a custom move, it would've cast a very negative outlook on custom moves. Funny thing is, it's her smash attack so you can't ban her. (Unless she becomes metaknight 2.5...)

Edit: For all those comparing her's to snake's up-smash, how do we know that's not her full charge?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Not much chat on heavenly light.

I'm excited for this never before type of attack.
In a multi man game, this will be a magnificent trick.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
For the record, I don't think she's OP. All I posted was that she's got insane disjointed range (like Snake's smash attacks, except even more extreme) and that she's got the floatie thing going (like Peach, except she can also move fast in the ground with that lightweight move).

Unless they give her attacks something stupid like transcendent priority and no lag frames (hello Brawl Meta Knight), I don't think she'll be "too good" that she'll be glaringly overpowered compared to the rest of the cast.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
But you missed the reason why I stated that. The reason this argument started was the fact that someone said her U-smash was OP. While I don't believe that is true, the fact that palutena doesn't have to wait about 2 seconds for her Up smash to reach the top of the screen makes it all the more powerful than snake's Up smash. That's the point I was getting at.
Palutena simply just c-sticking or doing an uncharged up smash isn't even as potent as Snake's at that height. Go watch the trailer, DK just pops a bit there hardly is any knockback too it. Palutena's doesn't even reach the top of the screen, the beam ends right where the 3rd platform would be on battlefield.

Snake's however at that height has a lot more knock back, and Snakes can shoot up off the screen and fall down 2-3 secs later.

Last edited:

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
All right, a PotD dedicated to my Goddess! I'm just going to assume Heavenly Light is one of her basic specials until Sakurai says otherwise. I'm kinda desperate for confirmation on what her base moves are.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
For the record, I don't think she's OP. All I posted was that she's got insane disjointed range (like Snake's smash attacks, except even more extreme) and that she's got the floatie thing going (like Peach, except she can also move fast in the ground with that lightweight move).

Unless they give her attacks something stupid like transcendent priority and no lag frames (hello Brawl Meta Knight), I don't think she'll be "too good" that she'll be glaringly overpowered compared to the rest of the cast.
The "floaty thing" can only be used as a part of her Uspecial, and lightweight presumably shoots a hole in her defense like in KIU.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Oh well, about the pics:

If Heavenly Light be one of her default special moves and if she will be able to use this offstage and in the air, it will be one of the best things in the world! Free % on the opponente while he tries to go back to stage, a nightmare in team battles when the companion grabs an opponent and the ultimate punisher for shield break and missed Rest.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Palutena simply just c-sticking or doing an uncharged up smash isn't even as potent as Snake's at that height. Go watch the trailer, DK just pops a bit there hardly is any knockback too it. Palutena's doesn't even reach the top of the screen, the beam ends right where the 3rd platform would be on battlefield.

Snake's however at that height has a lot more knock back, and Snakes can shoot up off the screen and fall down 2-3 secs later.
True. I see where your coming from

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
More like effective on shield break and ledge grabs, and missed floor techs o:
In doubles someone could grab and pummel while this goes on owo
I feel like Heavenly Light, depending on the lag used on it could be so strong against Jigglypuff for Rest punish. Imagine calling heavenly light and charging the up smash! Crazy damage. Palutena looks so interesting, I can't wait to play her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom