• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 8th

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
wrong use of those words... nothing funny here.

Palutena looks like an interesting character right now... somehow this fox-like laser upwards seems handy when someone's launched up and stalling. I know a certain person who likes to play Battlefield a lot so this might be handy =)

But yeah, it LOOKS like she's going to be a bit overpowered, but i guess she'll have to pay the price by speed or something? Also, her upsmash doesn't look like it's covering her from behind, so it will only work against front-enemies and front air enemies.
If the reveal trailer wasn't playing tricks on us, she runs faster than Sonic.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Mac can be up thrown and comboed to death because his air game sucks and gimped because his recovery also sucks, but which are Pauletena's weak points?
We don't know on the account of the game not being released yet

Kesno

Smash Cadet
If this was the real battlefield then that up smash would carry way past the top platform. I'm starting to believe that this could just be a joke character that is not going to be in the game, but at the same time lucario has gotten a pretty big aura buff too so it is hard to say. Everyone is going to be OP in this game.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
If this was the real battlefield then that up smash would carry way past the top platform. I'm starting to believe that this could just be a joke character that is not going to be in the game, but at the same time lucario has gotten a pretty big aura buff too so it is hard to say. Everyone is going to be OP in this game.
Every character seems to have something op about them

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
I believe Palutena is going to be very high tier in the early meta. Everyone will use her.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
All are attacks are soo broken she mostly vulnerable too every attack thanks to its long ending lag. Longest Up-Smash in smash yet.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
snake only shot one projectile, and it went really far if charged to the max, this looks like a multi hit move, and probably goes really far uncharged too, and im not sure if you're trying to call snake OP or not /:
It only hits once and (supposedly) has low knockback.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
snake only shot one projectile, and it went really far if charged to the max, this looks like a multi hit move, and probably goes really far uncharged too, and im not sure if you're trying to call snake OP or not /:
In Palutena's trailer DK didn't receive multi hits...

The up smash doesn't even stay active long enough to do multi hits. You would have to time it to hit multiple people in one shot.

Watch the trailer again homie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsl3bNO1O0w

And this isn't about Snake being OP, I just compared their vertical ranges of their up smashes simple as that.

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Mac can be up thrown and comboed to death because his air game sucks and gimped because his recovery also sucks, but which are Pauletena's weak points?
My guess? AT LEAST a similar one to most zoners: Getting pressured to Hades and back if her opponent(s) get in.

...Jam Session?
I was thinking more like Dormammu's Purification. At least Jam Session covers Dante.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
Palutena confirmed for goddess tier. But seriously as a huge Kid Icarus fan I can't wait to play as her.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, this is gonna suck. Not gonna lie, she looks to be a bit on the overpowered side.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
They've really been messing with the ranges on smash attacks this time around. First Mega Man's f-smash, then the Mii Gunner, and now Palutena. Wonder how they'll counteract the ridiculous range on these...

And does this mean Heavenly Light is her default Neutral B?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
We will see more pictures that show off character's moves in the PoTDs.

Calling it right now.

Acks

Smash Rookie
I'm wondering if Palutena will be a fast or slow fighter considering how strong her moves seem to be, especially in her introduction video...

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
If the reveal trailer wasn't playing tricks on us, she runs faster than Sonic.
After using a custom move that also lowers defense.

Well, this is gonna suck. Not gonna lie, she looks to be a bit on the overpowered side.
Remember Mac? Yeah, even the kiddies on Miiverse were disappointed.

They've really been messing with the ranges on smash attacks this time around. First Mega Man's f-smash, then the Mii Gunner, and now Palutena. Wonder how they'll counteract the ridiculous range on these...

And does this mean Heavenly Light is her default Neutral B?
It's probably a Dspecial, since she has a bunch of other attacks that would fit better as a Nspecial.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Remember Mac? Yeah, even the kiddies on Miiverse were disappointed.
But even with him they did show he had a glaring weakness. His issues with aerial combat. And really, once you get begin to exploit that weakness he's not much of a threat. Palutena on the other hand hasn't shown to have a weakness yet.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
But even with him they did show he had a glaring weakness. His issues with aerial combat. And really, once you get begin to exploit that weakness he's not much of a threat. Palutena on the other hand hasn't shown to have a weakness yet.
How many other newcomers had shown weaknesses? None of them, really. All of them sans Greninja aren't really powerful.

Personally, I think her weakness will be a lack of a solid approach option and most of her projectiles have specific ranges.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
How many other newcomers had shown weaknesses? None of them, really. All of them sans Greninja aren't really powerful.

Personally, I think her weakness will be a lack of a solid approach option and most of her projectiles have specific ranges.
But to be fair, with said newcomers, we got to see them in depth by playing them. Palutena we haven't. So we can't really be sure yet of how she works. Heck, we don't even know all of her moveset yet.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
It doesn't take a genius to realize that Palutena is a huge target, and a clunky one on ground at that (Assuming Lightweight isn't used.)
Her Smashes also have tons of ending lag. She's basically forced to zone, but if you can get passed that, she should be extremely easy to dispose of.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It doesn't take a genius to realize that Palutena is a huge target, and a clunky one on ground at that (Assuming Lightweight isn't used.)
Her Smashes also have tons of ending lag. She's basically forced to zone, but if you can get passed that, she should be extremely easy to dispose of.
Maybe, I dunno. It could just be me being me, but people thought Meta Knight wasn't gonna go anywhere. And look where we are now.

And you're the one saying she's OP...
And yes, I'll fully admit I could be wrong as well.
And like I said above, it could just be me being me (a paranoid worrywart). But I just can't help but wonder.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Not Mario lol. He still has his issues from Brawl.
Yeah, like that worthless FLUDD that has totally no relevance anymore. I'd rather see something Galaxy-ish from him... but a groundpound would be nice for mario... since he uses that in almost every flatform game.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I feel like she'll either be quite floaty and/or slow. Either that or a lot of starting and/or ending lag.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Yeah, like that worthless FLUDD that has totally no relevance anymore. I'd rather see something Galaxy-ish from him... but a groundpound would be nice for mario... since he uses that in almost every flatform game.
That's actually a good idea that I can't believe I never thought of...

another idea would be a spin like he did in the past smsh games but with star bits. Doesn't he do something like that in Galaxy or something? idek

Top Bottom