• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 4th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Pac-Maze is a stage exclusive to the 3DS version, created in the Pac-Man motif. If you eat 100 Pac-Dots, Power Pellets will appear in your color."

He also included a second picture saying "If you eat a Power Pellet, the monsters will become vulnerable and you can defeat them just by touching them. An important point is that the monsters will become vulnerable only on your screen, which means that they can still damage your opponents!! This is one of the unique game features only possible in the 3DS version."

Last edited by a moderator:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
I think the Wii U should have also gotten a Pac Man level.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Looks fun to play on. I just wonder how much the ghosts will interfere with the fights. I just kinda wish it looks a tad bit more like the original game so it'd be even more interesting. However, at least with the way they made it, at least it'll probably be more balanced this way.

One a side note, it seems the ghosts do not chase players around constantly.

I'm curious about those 2 small walls on the right side of the stage. Will some characters be able to camp from being over there in multiplayer? They aren't in any real danger of being knocked off as they can hit someone that is getting closer, and tech off the walls if they have been hit.

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
Meh, i dont like these kinda stages. I play m once or twice, then leave m to die. Just like that elektroplankton stage for example

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
I really like how there are gameplay differences like this for the 3DS and Wii U versions.

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
I hope the most bull**** stages will come to 3ds. It is a much better system for casual play

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
It did get a pac-man level sir !
Yeah, but I meant like a classic Pac Man level like the 3DS has. I wasn't even aware that that was a Pac Man level until tonight when I was searching for confirmed levels.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I think most stages will have even more hazards and stuff going on to interfere with the fight than before. Since Final Destination has now a lot of alternate forms, there can be more trolling on the original stages. Not sure if I'm gonna like that.

Sakurai told us there would be stagebosses now and then in some stages, like Ridley on that metroid stage with the magma spewing out of the walls n stuff...

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
It would seem to me as though this was originally going to be a Wii U stage but was shifted to the 3DS so that Sakurai could implement the unique mechanic of something only occurring on one player's screen, which is only possible on the Wii U during online play. Either way this stage is shaping up to be really unique and probably one of my favorites. Though I do wonder what benefit eating ghosts actually offers besides points, which seems to be pointless like it was in 75m. Are they really that much of a threat that having the ability to get rid of them by eating them is a reward?

D

Deleted member

Finally! Info on the Maze stage! This stage looks interesting for light-hearted matches, but I probably won't use it for anything else. The invincibiity only showing on your screen is a very nice touch.

SuperDS64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDS64
3DS FC
1676-3810-3884
This really adds a whole new level of "crazy". And truth be told, I found most of the other casual stages of past Smashs' a bit boring that had nothing going on other than wack'd design.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Well, this debunks that one 'leak' i think I saw once saying that this stage will be unlockable on wii u, and pac land can be unlocked on 3ds.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I love how they showed Kirby, Pac-man, and Yoshi.... All three of them eat in some form lol. And all three have fruit in their games.

Last edited:

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
I feel like the only stages that will be about fighting skill for the 3DS version will be FD and Battlefield. Every other stage feels somewhat gimmicky, which is fine, but the real Smash comes out at the end of the year for me.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I consider them both the real deal. The irony is, if you include the FD variations, which is neat as far as changing backgrounds/music is concerned, the 3DS has far more "legal" stages than its Wii U counterpart. Needless to say, I like the 3DS's exclusive stages; they're very unique. Nothing wrong with variety.

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
It looks fun. **** all this "#BANNED" crap. I'm not particularly a pro player, but I'm also not a casual player. I can definitely see a few valid reasons why the casuals hate the tournament players. Not every stage has to be some variation of Battlefield.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Looks like a fun stage, can't wait to try it.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Good morning, Pac-Man Stage. I would like you to meet somebody I know, somebody you might get along with: 75m Stage. You two go chat it up now.

But seriously, I'll play it still, just not as much as some of the others.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I wonder if this will be like Baloon Fight where the characters warp from the side, since you could do that in Pac-Man.

Gryffin

Smash Cadet
So, what am I missing? On the site, there used to be a link to the Mii board where Sakurai added his notes on the image. Sometimes, the link didn't show up. But now, the link is never there. It says just "this game image was taken by Sakurai during development." Once upon a time, I had the direct link to the Mii board, but I've lost it. If you don't have that link, how are you supposed to see his description?

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
It did get a pac-man level sir !
I know that most of Pac-Man's moves originate from Pac-Land, but come on now. I'm always open to stages, but **** scrolling ones. Could we really not have gotten a Pac-Man World stage? Not even Pac-Man 2: The Adventures? It just looks like MS Paint: The Level. Sonic couldn't have gotten Pumpkin Hill either? Sakurai is a real *******.

Top Bottom