• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 5th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Look at these three radiant pieces... Yup, you guessed it! It's another combinable item like the Dragoon-the Daybreak."

He included a second picture saying "This is what it looks like when all three parts are combined together. How powerful will its beam blast be? FYI, you can fire shooting items while moving backward and forward. Change direction by flicking the Control Stick or Circle Pad toward the back of the fighter. "

Gune

Smash Lord
Ah! another KI:U item and its one of my favorites too, can't wait to melt some faces off with this baby.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Looks like something Samus would equip to her arm cannon.

Lumenebrae

Smash Rookie
Curious as to how smaller characters like Kirby/Pikachu/Olimar/etc will handle it.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Darn. I was hoping for a Ganondorf reveal, complete with a new moveset. Items do nothing for me.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The Daybreak, eh? It's nice, but somehow the OHKO laser of death that goes through walls is underwhelming in Kid Icarus.

On that note, competitive KIU players wouldn't bat an eye if items are left on because they're ineffectual. The OHKO laser of death that goes through walls isn't considered to be gamechanging enough to redo a match if items are left on.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Having not played Ki uprising, I thought it looked a bit like Samus's gunship. Too bad we didn't get the ganondorf reveal, the end of the direct got me hyped :(

DarK ArsenaL

Smash Rookie
I was hoping Sakurai would've posted Ganondorf as a returning character for the daily pic, since there was a Hyrule Warriors Direct, but this will do it looks awesome.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Not liking this at all. I hated the Dragoon item, it's the one item that I ALWAYS turn off when playing casually, a second one means another item to turn off, lovely.

Also, what the **** is up with so much Kid Icarus content in this game? Look, I understand Kid Icarus: Uprising was a unique game and Sakurai made it, but that doesn't mean you over represent it. I'm honestly surprised that Sakurai said Dedede was not added to Melee because he felt he was over representing the Kirby series when he does this in this game.

AkashicSword

Yokai
I wonder if Daybreak will have the same relationship between Smash Ball and Dragoon in Brawl, whereas one will not spawn while the other is in play. Will it prevent the Dragoon from coming into play? Probably.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
wasn't aware of this item but it looks fantastic! Too bad it has to be combined but i guess it has 1Hit-KO power so collecting parts is the downside of it...

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Not liking this at all. I hated the Dragoon item, it's the one item that I ALWAYS turn off when playing casually, a second one means another item to turn off, lovely.

Also, what the **** is up with so much Kid Icarus content in this game? Look, I understand Kid Icarus: Uprising was a unique game and Sakurai made it, but that doesn't mean you over represent it. I'm honestly surprised that Sakurai said Dedede was not added to Melee because he felt he was over representing the Kirby series when he does this in this game.
Kid Icarus has only two characters.
Items are a trivial matter.

Also, the Smash fanbase, the only one that complains about having too much content.

Last edited:

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
OH MY ****ING GOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Originally I thought this was going to be Pit's new FS BUT AN ITEM!??!?!
HELL ****ING YES!!!!

D

Deleted member

I was expecting something else, but hey, this is good. Can't wait until Smash 3DS comes out.

Top Bottom