• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 21st

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
One of the most disappointing PotD so far, if not THE most disappointing. The fact that Toon Link is playable over Midna and now GHIRAHIM just makes me feel empty. As a Ghirahim supporter i am crushed.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
It is I, Demon Lord Ghirahim, here to make an appearance in Super Smash Brothers!

(FYI, I'm an Assist Trophy.)

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Looks like the only Zelda reps will be Link, Zelda, Shiek, Ganondorf, and Toon Link. Not only am I heartbroken, I'm pissed off. Ghirahim was the only character I wanted playable, and he had the biggest chance as a Zelda rep. I blame Toon Link's existence. I hate him even more now. Why keep a clone of Link over Ghirahim, Sakurai? What the hell? #thebutthurtisreal
Sorry...Wind Waker > Skyward Sword. One does not simply hate the only protagonist who did all this for an actual reason, rather than to keep some celestial balance.

KidKrimzon

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidKrimzon
I just want to mention, that stage in the background looks super sck

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
I know there were a ton of Ghirahim supporters, so it sucks for them, but frankly I'm glad he's not playable. He's only been in one real Zelda game, and while that certainly hasn't stopped Shiek or the Fire Emblem cast, I'd prefer potential Zelda newcomers to be more established characters. That said, Vaati's series is looong over and Impa doesn't stand much of a chance while Shiek is still around, so I think we're only going to have the 5 standard Zelda characters. At least Shiek and Zelda got separated and fleshed-out (wait, that sounds gross) so that it seems like we got a newcomer. Now if only Sakurai would give Toon Link his own moves...

Last edited:

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
It's sad when a Zelda character who's an assist trophy deserved a spot more than Falcon...I mean Ganondorf.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It's sad when a Zelda character who's an assist trophy deserved a spot more than Falcon...I mean Ganondorf.
Yeah, a one-off deserves the spot more than Zelda's main villain...

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Not a character I really wanted to be playable, but I know he was a really wanted character. My condolences.

Now I just want Sakurai to show Isaac as an Assist Trophy soon since I'm really starting to doubt he'll be playable. ;-;

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I kind of wanted him but was not my most wanted I still got ridley and k rool. It really limit who another zelda newcomer could be

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Yeah, a one-off deserves the spot more than Zelda's main villain...
Yeah totally. Especially when Ganondorf doesn't have his own moveset and is a lazy Captain Falcon clone.

D

Deleted member

As much as I would have loved to play as Ghirahim, I assumed from the beginning that he would be an assist trophy. There was no chance that he was going to replace Ganondorf. If they included both Ganon and Ghirahim that would mark the first time in Smash history that 2 true villains from the same series would be on the roster, which is something I don't think the developers would want to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
It's funny how people are going to try and blame Toon Link for taking Giggleham's spot on the roster or that he's more deserving when Sakurai stated way back that he thought a child Link in the game is important. Toon Link is also the main character of several games, but I can agree that I expected Toon Link to get a bit of a revamp with his move set this time around. But he's still different from Link regardless.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I just want to mention, that stage in the background looks super sck
That's the Elite 4 Chamber from Pokemon X/Y. I can't recall the stage's actual name though. And yeah, it looks awesome.

Last edited:

ShortPat

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1779-0295-0543
Noo... Well hopefully there will still be at least one non-triforce character from Zelda on the roster...

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
No Ghirahim... no like this.
Hurts more when I think about Mii FIghters.

And I don't get this thing with "Ghirahim don't deserve" or "Ghirahim is just in one game", because Greninja. And please don't say "But Greninja is in Pokemon X AND Pokemon Y".
The unique villain that I liked in the entire Zelda franchise is out.
At least we not receive a "Maybe I will get my chance another day" in a Impa cutscene.

KirbyFan5o

Smash Rookie
Well, I guess this deconfirms any Zelda newcomer, as I feel Girahim was the one with the biggest chance to join the battle
IMPA IS STILL A POSSIBILITY! even if sakurai didn't know about hyrule warriors, he could've still thought about skyward sword for a move set.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
Looks like the only Zelda reps will be Link, Zelda, Shiek, Ganondorf, and Toon Link. Not only am I heartbroken, I'm pissed off. Ghirahim was the only character I wanted playable, and he had the biggest chance as a Zelda rep. I blame Toon Link's existence. I hate him even more now. Why keep a clone of Link over Ghirahim, Sakurai? What the hell? #thebutthurtisreal
you're acting like they're both equally hard to make. With Ghirahim, sakurai would have to start from scratch. Toon link already had a defined moveset and all that other good stuff.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I'm not surprised. This was expected for me. Ghirahim was a cool character but only in the one game as a supporting villain so it's not surprising that he's an AT.

KirbyFan5o

Smash Rookie
Sort of does if the character limit per franchise will be five. And by the looks of things I doubt we'll get a sixth Mario character and Jigglypuff and Ganondorf are bound to return, making Nintendo's biggest money making franchises have more reps than any other in Smash. That is why Toon Link's inclusion annoys me yet again because he's a clone and has wasted a spot where a unique character could've taken, like Ghirahim. Come to think of it, Link has a had an exact clone of him for three games now. At least Falco and Ganondorf aren't the exact same person as Fox and Captain Falcon.

But I may be wrong, and there may not be a limit of characters per franchise. I really hope this is the case in the end.
who said the limit was 5 per franchise? mario will only get five because we don't need anyone else. we have our 4 main characters, and our additional 1 to spice up the roster. zelda we'll have our 5 long time veterans and/or main characters plus we'll get one additional newcomer to spice up the roster. and as for pokemon, we don't have any main characters, and we technically did have 6 pokemon in brawl, so why can't it have 6 again to properly represent the franchise? there's only two characters that are long time veterans and/or main characters, and the rest are just the more popular out of the rest of the 721 choices, so i think it's okay to add 6 pokemon.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
RIP in pizzas Gihrahim. Although I personally cared more when they deconfirmed Waluigi and Skull Kid.
And when they deconfirm Ridley.
But if Chibi-Robo, Louie, or Shadow Mario are assist trophies... ;-;

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Vaati technically deserves it more as he's been in mutiple LoZ games.

Also, I don't think the Zelda franchise deserves two villains when many others don't yet have ONE...

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
I actually shed a tear when I read this post....my dreams crushed in front of me....;(

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
who said the limit was 5 per franchise? mario will only get five because we don't need anyone else. we have our 4 main characters, and our additional 1 to spice up the roster. zelda we'll have our 5 long time veterans and/or main characters plus we'll get one additional newcomer to spice up the roster. and as for pokemon, we don't have any main characters, and we technically did have 6 pokemon in brawl, so why can't it have 6 again to properly represent the franchise? there's only two characters that are long time veterans and/or main characters, and the rest are just the more popular out of the rest of the 721 choices, so i think it's okay to add 6 pokemon.
Having 6 pokemon makes sense since you can build a full team with them hahah

Anyway, my condolences to Ghirahim supporters. Including many friends of mine who wanted him.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
He was on my wanted list as well, but I wanted him along side Gannondorf. This game lacks a variety of villains, but oh well I guess.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Ouch. I'm sorry to all his supporters out there. :( Maybe Impa will be joining us though, who knows.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Well, I'll be damned! Demon Lord Ghirahim made it to Smash Bros. as an Assist Trophy character though I still didn't understand why some people would want to see him replace Ganondorf, who happens to be the Zelda series' main villain. That's like saying they should replace Zelda with Princess Hilda...but hey, at least he's in the game now so those of y'all who wanted him in should be thankful, playable or not.

P.S. I personally prefer Groose over him though. :p
Who said they wanted him to replace him with Gannondorf, since I've been here I never seen any such comments. I just don't see why he couldn't have been added in as another villain to the series because we are surely lacking some in that department.

Top Bottom