• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 21st

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Looks like the only Zelda reps will be Link, Zelda, Shiek, Ganondorf, and Toon Link. Not only am I heartbroken, I'm pissed off. Ghirahim was the only character I wanted playable, and he had the biggest chance as a Zelda rep. I blame Toon Link's existence. I hate him even more now. Why keep a clone of Link over Ghirahim, Sakurai? What the hell? #thebutthurtisreal

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I never liked Ghirahim anyway, Ganondorf will always be the one true ultimate zelda villain. Still though, condolences to those who wanted him in as a playable character.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Looks like the only Zelda reps will be Link, Zelda, Shiek, Ganondorf, and Toon Link. Not only am I heartbroken, I'm pissed off. Ghirahim was the only character I wanted playable, and he had the biggest chance as a Zelda rep. I blame Toon Link's existence. I hate him even more now. Why keep a clone of Link over Ghirahim, Sakurai? What the hell? #thebutthurtisreal
I know you're sad, but I don't see how you think Toon Link being in the game somehow affected Ghirahim's or any other Zelda rep's chances of being playable.

Strife Maximilian

Smash Rookie
NNID
Demnex
3DS FC
1349-4774-8739
But..... but.... I wanted to play as him..... ;_; To have him as an assist trophy is almost worse than him flat out not being in the game.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I know you're sad, but I don't see how you think Toon Link being in the game somehow affected Ghirahim's or any other Zelda rep's chances of being playable.
Sort of does if the character limit per franchise will be five. And by the looks of things I doubt we'll get a sixth Mario character and Jigglypuff and Ganondorf are bound to return, making Nintendo's biggest money making franchises have more reps than any other in Smash. That is why Toon Link's inclusion annoys me yet again because he's a clone and has wasted a spot where a unique character could've taken, like Ghirahim. Come to think of it, Link has a had an exact clone of him for three games now. At least Falco and Ganondorf aren't the exact same person as Fox and Captain Falcon.

But I may be wrong, and there may not be a limit of characters per franchise. I really hope this is the case in the end.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, I'll be damned! Demon Lord Ghirahim made it to Smash Bros. as an Assist Trophy character though I still didn't understand why some people would want to see him replace Ganondorf, who happens to be the Zelda series' main villain. That's like saying they should replace Zelda with Princess Hilda...but hey, at least he's in the game now so those of y'all who wanted him in should be thankful, playable or not.

P.S. I personally prefer Groose over him though. :p

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Ghirahim is lucky to be an assist trophy. He was another Zelda one-shot villain, and everyone should've expected this to be his fate from the start honestly.
Impa has always had a better chance than him.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
Well... Many people is angry about this? Prepare yourself for the announce of Ridley as a stage hazard

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
If Impa gets in over this guy........I swear to god........

Pig Ganon or bust.
Why would you be mad about an important recurring character in the Zelda series getting in over a one-shot villain who had no chance to start with?

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, i didnt expected him to appear. Not even as an Assist Trophy.
But, well.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Why would you be mad about an important recurring character in the Zelda series getting in over a one-shot villain who had no chance to start with?
Because Impa would be a Shiek semi-clone. I'd rather take a unique one-shot over an important clone.

A lot of people wanted Ghirahim.
He was easily the most requested Zelda newcomer.

And since we got Rosalina and Greninja, two fresh, new, and popular characters, some people thought Ghirahim had a chance.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I had a very strong feeling Ghirahim was an assist trophy (the moment when Skull Kid & Minda were revealed), he falls into the same exact category as Minda & Zant (and to a lesser extent Skull Kid, even though he was possessed by Majoria's Mask): 1 time Zelda character

1 Main appearance isn't going to get your most wanted character a playable spot on the roster, this all but confirms Ganondorf will be reclaiming his roster spot very soon.

Although I do agree Toon Link should have been axed from the roster completely rather than brought back, he was the only 1 from Brawl whom I wanted axed, besides Snake (brining him back more or less contradicted what Sakurai said about adding clones and that he wanted to do away with them this time around (meaning either cutting them altogether or revamping their movesets), yet we have an unnecessary semi-clone who's just another version of an iconic character (Link), and a somewhat justified clone addition in Lucina (more females is a must even if said female is a clone of a popular character).

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I....I think I just died a little.

....Oh well. There's always hope for the rest of the wishlist.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Aww poor Ghirahim supporters. I prefered tinlge, vaati and even impa over him, but still I cant help but feel sad for those supporters..

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, look on the bright side.

At least you can still try to get screenshots of him being *aherm* creepy with people.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I had a very strong feeling Ghirahim was an assist trophy (the moment when Skull Kid & Minda were revealed), he falls into the same exact category as Minda & Zant (and to a lesser extent Skull Kid, even though he was possessed by Majoria's Mask): 1 time Zelda character

1 Main appearance isn't going to get your most wanted character a playable spot on the roster, this all but confirms Ganondorf will be reclaiming his roster spot very soon.

Although I do agree Toon Link should have been axed from the roster completely rather than brought back, he was the only 1 from Brawl whom I wanted axed, besides Snake (brining him back more or less contradicted what Sakurai said about adding clones and that he wanted to do away with them this time around (meaning either cutting them altogether or revamping their movesets), yet we have an unnecessary semi-clone who's just another version of an iconic character (Link), and a somewhat justified clone addition in Lucina (more females is a must even if said female is a clone of a popular character).
Link is a character with different incarnations, it makes sense to have more than one. Like in melee in where the adult Link and a younger version of him appeared. Toon Link is not only a younger version of Link, but also he represents a different graphical-artistic style that appeared by the way in more titles than Twilight Princess Link. I rather cut Ganondorf wich is a dumb clone that does not make sense at all. I rather cut "regular" Link. I rather dont have all those characters wich only purpouse in the game is just fanservice that overrepresents series in SSB, like Lucina, Rosalina, Palutena.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816

Sad to see interesting and unique characters fail to make it in While the clone Toon Link gets to sit pretty in his spot despite being a clone. At least other clones are actual characters, not just the same character in Toon Form.

...Toon Ridley?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So this is the fate of the Demon Lord. I guess his theme song being used for the Reggie bot didn't mean anything in the end.

Of course, Ghirahim seemed very overrated to me, so the Assist Trophy role was what I had in mind for him.

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
I love Ghirahim, too, but let's be honest. He's not really worthy of being a playable character.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Bwahaha that's one lame character down. Sak-Man throw in Bad Mr. Frosty (playable or AT)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was really hoping he would be playable just for his creepy taunts and victory poses. That would had been great. At least we can see them as his assist trophy form.

Galespark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Galespark
¿Are you done deconfirming ALL the characters I want to be playable, Sakurai? Ugh.

At this point I think the only character left in my whishlist is Shulk.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Well Smash modders, you know what to do. Make him and other deconfirmed characters playable in the future borrowing these assist trophys. ;)

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
well, there goes my biggest requested character...

Still hoping for Dixie Kong now...

Tshockz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
speed0fsound
3DS FC
1762-3005-1769
Really was hoping that Ghirahim would be a newcomer. Still even though he just got deconfirmed its nice to at least see hes being represented in the game in some way.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Ouch, that hurts... He was pretty high on my want list. He had potential AND swagger!

Oh well, at least he's on the battlefield in some form. Can't wait to see what he does! Even something as simple as catching your attack and holding you in place for a moment would be scary in a game like Smash.

Top Bottom