• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 1st

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
I really want to hear more about the engine. Like this "We have given characters additional movement options." or "When you get hit you can no longer airdodge out of your tumble making combos more viable." I love these pictures but I feel that he should make some announcements for competitive players and not just casual things. Maybe a schedule like this. 2 days he posts about fun game modes and items for casuals and then the next 2 days he posts stuff about the engine and competitive mechanics to appeal to both crowds.
He will never make announcements like this, he needs to show the stuff that his team is adding into the game. And for the wider audience, content is far more important than gameplay until the game come out.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
People, the GSP is an only unified ranking system that englobes all the game modes in the game. And I love how it works, it will praise players with good results if these player develop total mastery of all the game modes.

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Sounds pretty fun. We're getting s lot of 3DS images lately but it's understandable considering it's closer to being finished.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
He will never make announcements like this, he needs to show the stuff that his team is adding into the game. And for the wider audience, content is far more important than gameplay until the game come out.
Content is more important then gameplay? WHAT? You do realize gameplay is the MOST important part of the game. If the gameplay is **** (not saying it does) then who cares how much content there is?

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Angry Birds already did this and it's boring, I doubt having it in Smash will make it any different. Oh well, still another mode to mess around in, I'm sure people will find themselves fiddling with it if they're tired of generic Smashing for a while.

D

Deleted member

Target Blast looks like a cool mode. I'll have to try that out once the game comes out. I was expecting a character reveal, but that can wait. xD

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
They never said that GSP was only for online multiplayer rankings so I'm not sure where people got that impression. Even in the Direct video from a few months ago they said that GSP ranks you for all the modes in the game.

jigglover

Smash Lord
They never said that GSP was only for online multiplayer rankings so I'm not sure where people got that impression. Even in the Direct video from a few months ago they said that GSP ranks you for all the modes in the game.
False hope and dreams messing with their brains, I think.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
This mode does not seem to require complex strategy. I wish there was a point to juggling the bomb, for example. I hope I am incorrect. This mode will be fun, either way.

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
>inb4 angry birds jokes

Oh wait.

Last edited:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
An
I completely agree with the target test comment. I feel like Brawl took a big step back by making every target test the same 5 levels for every character: there was no creative use of your character's moveset involved.

I loved Melee and 64's target test because the stages were not only fun to play through, but they taught you the many attributes of your character.

For example, :younglinkmelee: target test started you off in a crevice where you had to wall jump out of, and made you use his boomerang angles.

Or :jigglypuff64: target test in 64 made you use pound to float through the air and hit the targets at the very end of the stage.

It's things like those that made those target tests much more satisfying to complete than the Brawl ones, where you only learned how to use items and didn't necessarily take advantage of a character's unique attributes.
d I understand if it's a hard task to make each character an indivual target test but the least they can do is make a themed target test for each character depending on there franchise example: Mario, Bowser, Peach etc. have a Super Mario series themed target test

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Content is more important then gameplay? WHAT? You do realize gameplay is the MOST important part of the game. If the gameplay is **** (not saying it does) then who cares how much content there is?
For a player like me, that likes to pass hours and hours playing Smash alone, content (specially Game Modes and unlockables) is MILES more important than gameplay, the more content the game have, more play time I have with the game too. So yes, many people cares about the content.

Also, I never said that gameplay is not important, but that content, during this pre-release season, takes more priority, it's the factor that will sell the game.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Just like Brawl. Tons of awesome content compared to the original and Melee, but the gameplay is straight-up boring slow garbage.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
So now not only has this game made a City Trial mode, but they also threw in Angry birds.

I may never stop playing this game once it releases.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Just like Brawl. Tons of awesome content compared to the original and Melee, but the gameplay is straight-up boring slow garbage.
I like Brawl gameplay, if not for tripping and low hitstun, it would be perfect for me.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
For anyone thinking he's not done for the day because he didn't put 'pic of the day' in the description: It's still in the title of his post that it is the 'pic of the day - August 1st' so I don't think he's pulling a fast one guys. Go to sleep, and if he pulls something off, be pleasantly surprised tomorrow :tired:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Gameplay doesn't have to be fast with big combos for people to like it. Example: SF4 being huge.
I never said that. I personally hate Brawl's gameplay, it's too slow and floaty and thus boring as hell to me. I don't need crazy combos in there, SSB4 is looking fast enough compared to Brawl so I see myself enjoying it enough, even if I do prefer Project M over the other games.

Top Bottom