• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 1st

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Seems no one mentioned this?

So previously they said in the direct that the global smash power would determine how many people you're better than. At the time they were talking about matchmaking and rankings, so it seemed the GSP would be based just on your 1v1 for glory matches. But I guess not?

Basically what this means is we won't get a reliable statistic we can use to measure our 1v1 skill? :(

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

So previously they said in the direct that the global smash power would determine how many people you're better than. At the time they were talking about matchmaking and rankings, so it seemed the GSP would be based just on your 1v1 for glory matches. But I guess not?

Basically what this means is we won't get a reliable statistic we can use to measure our 1v1 skill? :(

I think it might be a different score for your global smash power. This version being more leader-boards than skills in fights

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883

I think the global smash power is not a combination of everything.

I think it's separately so your GSP from fighting is something on it's own, same goes for the scores in the minigames like this one here.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
We need Falco trowing the bomb or Falco launch by Villager slingshot then called Falco Birds: Smash bros Edition.

Malion

Smash Ace
This seemed interesting but at the first pic when he said there was no bat I was kind of hoping it was a home run contest in reverse... where you tried to rack up enough damage to yourself and have the bomb blow you up and send you as far as possible!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wow, that new mini game looks like a lotta fun! Can't wait to blow all those Targets up! xD

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
That second picture is seriously zoomed out; notice the 1P tag with the tiny blip-of-a-Pikachu. Those targets must be huge!

...Angry Birds.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Am I the only one concerned that:

1. Trollkurai would usually reveal a character on Friday
2. It's Pikachu, so I'm expecting him to pull a Rayman and reveal a Pokemom a bit after the POTD
3. That bomb has font that looks like Rayman 1's font

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
I think the global smash power is not a combination of everything.

I think it's separately so your GSP from fighting is something on it's own, same goes for the scores in the minigames like this one here.
Probably not though

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Cool! This actually looks pretty fun.

As a side note, if Break the Targets returns to 3DS or Wii U versions, I hope it goes back to each character having their own personalized levels that are designed around their abilities like in SB64 & Melee. It was unbelievably boring completing 5 stages of break the targets with 35 characters. UGH...

I also wouldn't mind seeing Board the Platforms return! I thought that was so much fun as a little guy and I think I would now too. :)

:jigglypuff::ness2::lucas::snake:Stillllllllllll waiting.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
I really want to hear more about the engine. Like this "We have given characters additional movement options." or "When you get hit you can no longer airdodge out of your tumble making combos more viable." I love these pictures but I feel that he should make some announcements for competitive players and not just casual things. Maybe a schedule like this. 2 days he posts about fun game modes and items for casuals and then the next 2 days he posts stuff about the engine and competitive mechanics to appeal to both crowds.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Jesus christ Angry Birds didn't invent catapult games for **** sake.
True, but it made the type of game/genre popular. Like how Namco made The Outfoxies, which was the first platform fighter(unless someone beat them to it) but Smash Bros made the formula popular.

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Hopefully Classic mode has Home Run Contest, a Trophy earning mini game like maybe Trophy Tussle, Board on The Platforms, Target Test, etc. Classic mode in Brawl was extremely dull. Not to mention the target tests were all the same for every character other than the difficulty setting changes. Classic mode entails all those mini side events. That's part of what made it so fun. I highly doubt they're going to do separate target tests unless they update the game over time, but at the very least change the target test based on weight class, franchise, or something along those lines.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Classic mode in Brawl was extremely dull. Not to mention the target tests were all the same for every character other than the difficulty setting changes. Classic mode entails all those mini side events. That's part of what made it so fun. I highly doubt they're going to do separate target tests unless they update the game over time, but at the very least change the target test based on weight class, franchise, or something along those lines.
I completely agree with the target test comment. I feel like Brawl took a big step back by making every target test the same 5 levels for every character: there was no creative use of your character's moveset involved.

I loved Melee and 64's target test because the stages were not only fun to play through, but they taught you the many attributes of your character.

For example, :younglinkmelee: target test started you off in a crevice where you had to wall jump out of, and made you use his boomerang angles.

Or :jigglypuff64: target test in 64 made you use pound to float through the air and hit the targets at the very end of the stage.

It's things like those that made those target tests much more satisfying to complete than the Brawl ones, where you only learned how to use items and didn't necessarily take advantage of a character's unique attributes.

SuperBoshi

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
JOHN#281
So is they're gonna be game were we have to hit a wire framed fighter to send them flying hit the sandbag and the sandbag breaks targets while we the player board the platforms!

Top Bottom