• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Something about Bandana Dee in SSF2 just doesn't seem right...I think with how the spear is animated or something, it doesn't feel like he's holding it well or something like that. Otherwise, he seemed pretty great!

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Bandana Dee is in SSF2 now.

I'm very happy with his moveset. It's mostly faithful to his KRtDL moves, with extras thrown in. GG, McLeod.
Wow. That's exactly what I was thinking.
At first, I thought they were being super detailed by making him jump with his Spear. Then I realized that was his dash attack. They're doing a good job with these new characters. Wait till we get Expansion Characters, though

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So Falco, Waddle Dee and a currently unrevealed character, huh? Sounds great. SSF2 looks to be pretty solid, both in gameplay and roster. And to think Cleod9 originally wanted to release SSF2 before Brawl came out.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So Falco, Waddle Dee and a currently unrevealed character, huh? Sounds great. SSF2 looks to be pretty solid, both in gameplay and roster. And to think Cleod9 originally wanted to release SSF2 before Brawl came out.
Betting that Smash NX will be out before SSF2 v1.0

Also, I forgot to talk about your MonoLisa avatar. :laugh: That's a big change from the usual Advance Wars theme.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Major Olympics news! Phelps has won gold in his last race in the Olympics: the 4 x 100 Medley Relay. It was pretty close at one point considering Great Britain's Peaty gained a slight lead in the Beastroke part of it, but Phelps gave the US the lead in the Butterfly portion of it, while Adrian maintained the lead for the final two laps.

Meanwhile in Men's Volleyball, USA's Men's Volleyball team got a crucial victory against another prominent team, France, allowing them to remain in the competition!

Things are looking up!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's still the US Basketball teams to keep an eye on. Soccer is pretty much out of the question though, since the US Women's team got eliminated by Sweden during the penalty shootout.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X here's some interesting facts about super paper mario recipes (me and jdaster64 just foudn the entire database, check it here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwVX8KwlAazUMEhiTFJmb3hZRm8 ).

2894 total recipes which has 44 single ingredient recipes and 2850 dual ingredients recipes.

That's a lot lol :)
After some hours of formatting, I hjave done a beautiful spreadsheet :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wIRYP3TPvMRzhwdOIriC43eaYNLNrM7zehPO91mDxMQ/edit?usp=sharing

Metal Shop X Metal Shop X FalKoopa FalKoopa :D

(Seriosuly, it took lots of find and replace with regular expression and very reptitive spreadsheet formatting).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Summer Olympics, eh?

Michael Phelps getting the gold medal is all I really wanted this year, so I'm satisfied. I really wish they'd bring Baseball back to the summer olympics though.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Ireland have had a pretty poor Olympics so far. Usually our boxers do well, but they've almost all been eliminated at this stage with no medals to show for it. The women have yet to start, though - Katie Taylor in the women's lightweight is probably our best hope of a gold medal. Also in with a shout in the women's sailing. We do at least have a silver in rowing on the board - anyone seen these guys?

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I think it's not good for me to watch too much Jojo video.
Especially this one. (Stardust Crusader spoiler)
Now, I want to draw a scene with two of my character doing the same thing. (In fact, I have already a entire scene with something like that in it)
Anyway, MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA
Watching JoJo is good for one's health. It can be dangerous going a whole day without hearing an "OH MY GOD!" or a "HOLY ****!" or an "OH NOO!"
A JoJo meme per day keeps the bad health away.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Olympics, huh? I don't follow them (I don't really follow sports in general), but India's Olympic record poor too.

On the flipside, it means that even a bronze will make one a celebrity.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Olympics, huh? I don't follow them (I don't really sports in general), but India's Olympic record poor too.

On the flipside, it means that even a bronze will make one a celebrity.
Considering how high level Olympics are in general, getting a single medal is an achievement in itself. It's very difficult as is, and requires not just tons of skill, but tons of training. So even a Bronze is worth being proud of, honestly. :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So what's this Pokémon Uranium?

It was just taken down after Ninty's lawyers apparently contacted the developers. Seeing something taken down which took 9 years to make is pretty terrible.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After what happened to AM2R I was expecting to see Uranium getting smacked too; considering the N isn't messing around with copyrights now.

EDIT: Actually the devs of Uranium removed the official links "out of respect" and are asking to not blame Nintendo for this. Also the project is not abandoned.

Regarding Olympics, México's performance is just sad; hopefully this poor performance will show how screwed is the Mexican comitee that puts soccer over everything and misuses the money in general.

Last edited:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
So about Alola forms.
Are all Pokemon that received an Alola form from the first generation?
Could it be possible that all first generation Pokemon (or at least all fully evolved Pokemon) might get one? (I honestly don't think so. That would take too much time.)
And even though I am all behind with these leaks (Thank you guys for always filling me in.), I'm calling now that Raticate and Arbok will get Alola forms.
Also, I hope that Snorlax will get an Alola form. For example, something that has eaten only Alolan turbo fruits, and so it is all hyperactive, and then suddenly runs out of gas, and falls asleep. It could also have funky colors.
Or a totem Snorlax.
I wonder if there are ways to obtain Pokemon that are not in their Alola forms, other that trade. For example NPC trades, or some sort of safari zone.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Yeah, Bangladesh did pretty poor in the Olympics too...We have a sort of mini-celebrity for golf in here in the form of Siddiqur Rahman, but he didn't do that well. The other athletes are people the majority of people are unaware of, and that also did mostly poor.
...maybe if there was cricket in the Olympics, things would be different for BD :p

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
After what happened to AM2R I was expecting to see Uranium getting smacked too; considering the N isn't messing around with copyrights now.

EDIT: Actually the devs of Uranium removed the official links "out of respect" and are asking to not blame Nintendo for this. Also the project is not abandoned.

Regarding Olympics, México's performance is just sad; hopefully this poor performance will show how screwed is the Mexican comitee that puts soccer over everything and misuses the money in general.
This was the message on their forum.

I guess their wording was ambiguous. They have been notified to multiple takedown notices, but Pokémon Uranium was yet to receive one, and they removed it before they could be hit.

Not a bad method... With 1.5 million downloads, someone is obviously going to upload it somewhere. Maybe this will be the new way of getting past Nintendo's lawyers. Heh.

Yeah, Bangladesh did pretty poor in the Olympics too...We have a sort of mini-celebrity for golf in here in the form of Siddiqur Rahman, but he didn't do that well. The other athletes are people the majority of people are unaware of, and that also did mostly poor.
...maybe if there was cricket in the Olympics things, would be different for BD:p
Our medal tallies would have been much better if there was cricket. :laugh:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, Birthright is so fun.
I think that, classic FE won't ever be kind of tea. I really just love too much all the choice you can to level up your unit in Awakening/Birthright.
'Guess now that I have to not talk with pro-FE fan that will kill me if they hear that.:4corrin:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I guess I should have guessed from the name, but Pokémon Uranium starting is almost taken completely from the Chernobyl disaster. >_>

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Man, Birthright is so fun.
I think that, classic FE won't ever be kind of tea. I really just love too much all the choice you can to level up your unit in Awakening/Birthright.
'Guess now that I have to not talk with pro-FE fan that will kill me if they hear that.:4corrin:
Actually, I don't really think that Conquest is a good representation of "classic" FE. Even as someone who's played every game in the series, Birthright ended up being my favourite of the three. It's true that the older games don't allow you to grind for levels outside of battle, but they also tend to have an actual difficulty curve (unlike Conquest which is all over the place), so whether or not your characters will be strong enough to complete a map usually isn't a concern. The only way to know if you'll like older FEs is to actually play one.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Actually, I don't really think that Conquest is a good representation of "classic" FE. Even as someone who's played every game in the series, Birthright ended up being my favourite of the three. It's true that the older games don't allow you to grind for levels outside of battle, but they also tend to have an actual difficulty curve (unlike Conquest which is all over the place), so whether or not your characters will be strong enough to complete a map usually isn't a concern. The only way to know if you'll like older FEs is to actually play one.
Oh don't worry, I know that Conquest level design is...special to say the least.
But still, the option of grinding between mission is a must for me. Also,the fact that you don't have a "casual" mode in the older game will kinda be a stinker for me. I know, what make FE so special is that your unit die for real and you must pay attention to every decision you make if you don't don't want a good unit to die.
But for me, even if I play on casual on the lowest difficulty, I still lose some unit because of:
1: I didn't pay attention to every detail and so, a enemy come out of nowhere and kill my unit.
2: I attack enemy with a 50/50 chance to die.
3: RNG (But that's for everyone playing for FE)
I won't say that all the old FE are bad. Because it will be just stupid since I didn't play them.
But in the end, they aren't enough thing to make me want to play them.
Again, sorry if I sound like I am nitpicking. But I have a hard time to explain thing like this.
Also, I had Dyspraxie, which if you don't know, is a "disease" that make your brain work harder for everything. Including little task, so, in short, playing FE a little too much make my brain tired.
And with the permadeath in the older game that can make you want to reset. I don't think my brain would like it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Play Sacred Stones on easy, I think you may like that.
You said that because it's the easier game in the saga, right?
Because I did my research.:4diddy:
No really, not now, I buyed Birthright so my parent won't let me use their money for a good times.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
You said that because it's the easier game in the saga, right?
Because I did my research.:4diddy:
No really, not now, I buyed Birthright so my parent won't let me use their money for a good times.
Ya basically, lol. Awakening is its main competition in terms of easiest game but you already beat that so...

But yeah, that's understandable. But I'm just sayin', if you ever want to give classic FE a shot, and you don't have financial issues, Sacred Stones is in general a pretty good entry point. You can grind like the later games, and just like them there are multiple promotion paths too! Plus the game in general has aged pretty well and still looks and sounds decent.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ya basically, lol. Awakening is its main competition in terms of easiest game but you already beat that so...

But yeah, that's understandable. But I'm just sayin', if you ever want to give classic FE a shot, and you don't have financial issues, Sacred Stones is in general a pretty good entry point. You can grind like the later games, and just like them there are multiple promotion paths too! Plus the game in general has aged pretty well and still looks and sounds decent.
If I can, I will give it a try.
Maybe.
But yeah, the old FE look good to me. It's not the story or the music that cause me problem. (Heck, the story in the old game are better than the two last)
It's just the gameplay really.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

I can verify that. Sacred Stones was my first Fire Emblem game. I got it from the 3DS Ambassador program.

I thought it was great at first, but since I started playing Path of Radiance, now I just think it's an okay game.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Luffy is in SSF2.
oh god why
I thought there would be no more animu char in SSF2, I mean I can sort of excuse friggin Goku, Ichigo etc. since they were there in the very beginning but nooooooooo......had to have more stupid anime stuff. Cleod9 just can't contain his weeabooism smh :reverse:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Luffy was underwhelming for me. Well, I did get Falco and dee, so I guess I can overlook it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
oh god why
I thought there would be no more animu char in SSF2, I mean I can sort of excuse friggin Goku, Ichigo etc. since they were there in the very beginning but nooooooooo......had to have more stupid anime stuff. Cleod9 just can't contain his weeabooism smh :reverse:
Anime was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.:024:
Anyway, It's time for me to sleep. My vacation are over, so tomorrow, time to work again!...(please save me)
On those word, good night guys!

Top Bottom