• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Guys I'm way too excited for this. Sakurai managed to reveal five characters in a timely manner within 27 minutes in August, imagine what he's gonna do with ****ing 40!

I don't even give a **** if the Grinch leak is fake at this point, just knowing we're getting THAT much information after such a long drought will satisfy me enough.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
It doesn't even matter if they save a character to be revealed later. We'll see the updated banner and if even just one character from the grinch leak is revealed on thursday we should pretty easily be able to tell if the new banner artwork matches up with the leak. Thursday is the absolute ride or die day for grinch.

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
The guy know for buying a sh*tton of Rosalina amiibos so her fans don't get any might have actually been the one behind the most convincing fake Smash leak of all time. What a wild ride this has been.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok, Accolade the joke of bringing back Bubsy was funny the first time but we don't need the same joke again, please.
They put more effort towards this one. Perhaps if they release enough of them they can eventually put enough effort to justify it's cost

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
If he was given the snapchat video images on a discord, I'd say he either payed someone to make it (it's fake) or one of his buddies saw it and decided to give the images to him / one mentioned they had info and MTP demanded it (it's real).
Seeing as MTP is the guy who spent several thousand dollars on Rosalina amiibos out of pure spite, I could honestly see him having the leak "commissioned" so to speak. But the way he's been acting after the fact makes me believe this is not the case, his suspicious behavoir (for MTP standards, anyway) and him trying to delete past mentions of it leads me to believe that this is the real deal. And that he's trying to burn his trail once he learn the legal implications of what he'd done.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
From what I can tell the attitude is team "Probably fake but got most of the additions right cause that's what insiders are saying"
for me at least its "team real but after 2 games of sakurai wanting geno and mostly fan favorites im still scared to be excited for more fan favorites because 'insiders' say the leak is fake and also Most of Smash 4's roster"

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It doesn't even matter if they save a character to be revealed later. We'll see the updated banner and if even just one character from the grinch leak is revealed on thursday we should pretty easily be able to tell if the new banner artwork matches up with the leak. Thursday is the absolute ride or die day for grinch.
I feel like the moment I see mach rider or chorus kids it’s a slam dunk

Even though it’s recomended to check the pose and position anyway

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Nah the music update is totally a Tetris remix.

Given how much ResetEra is imploding over this idea, I think those insiders are hinting towards this one.

Jon brought it up in their video so it might be legit. He's also thinking 4 characters are in the direct.

- Ken/Incineroar to start
- Tetronimo to close
- Bonus Geno as DLC as "one more thing"

Minecraft is full of blocks.
So is Tetris.

...What if Vergeben's source confused the two if he saw just blocks? It's theoretically possible that an arrangement of Minecraft blocks would recreate a Tetronimo.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
We’re in a timeline where Bubsy’s getting a sequel to his revival and MarioTehPlumber of all people could potentiallly be the key for us to get Banjo, Geno, Isaac etc in Smash.

And I love it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Seeing as MTP is the guy who spent several thousand dollars on Rosalina amiibos out of pure spite, I could honestly see him having the leak "commissioned" so to speak. But the way he's been acting after the fact makes me believe this is not the case, his suspicious behavoir (for MTP standards, anyway) and him trying to delete past mentions of it leads me to believe that this is the real deal. And that he's trying to burn his trail once he learn the legal implications of what he'd done.
I can't believe an immature Amiibo scalper who apparently hates and likes his fans at the same time has potentially leaked the entire Smash Bros. roster.

-

Now, MTP, even if you're a jerk, you better not be messing with us give me B-K dang it.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Chadnondorf happens, featuring very brutal language like MTP and the terms ''You are all broken clocks'', which doesn't mean anything and could potentially be a french canadian mistake.
Actually that's a reference to the phrase "a broken clock is right twice a day", so it does mean something. If you keep spouting nonsense occasionally you'll say something true.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
i mean, the grinch leak isnt just a blurry picture and thats really oversimplifying everything about it, but part of me is probably believing the insiders just so i dont get my hopes up for geno anymore /shrug
That is an oversimplification, because there is other evidence to it, but my point was that it's not entirely solid. There's reason to believe it, but there's also reasons to not believe it, so it can't be considered completely. You can hope, because I hope, too, but I'm not going to let my expectations be manipulated by evidence that could be disproven.

Like before August 8, the only evidence there was of Dark Samus was Samus's missing alt color, the Assist Trophy being MIA, and the existence of Echo Fighters. That's a case, but that's not solid evidence that it was going to happen, and there were reasons against it happening as well, so I didn't actually expect that it would happen, just that it could. So when the Direct aired, I freaked out because it actually did happen.

But if I had convinced myself that it would happen, that it was a certainty, and it didn't, I probably would've been crushed because there goes the one and only chance of the character ever being playable.

Personally, though, I consider Geno one of the likeliest characters for a handful of reasons, and if it doesn't happen, I'll be surprised. But not everyone is going to make it, so there's just as much of a chance that it won't happen, and I won't be too surprised.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I mean....your point doesn't really equal much though.

Dragon Quest is a staple franchise in the JRPG genre. You know what the J in JRPG stands for?

Japan. Meaning that it's influence in Japan of course is trickling down to all the other JRPGs that people play.
plus if it means anything japan didnt give a **** about ridley at all apparently, so he was more of an america-wanted character

Originality

Smash Journeyman

Given how much ResetEra is imploding over this idea, I think those insiders are hinting towards this one.

Jon brought it up in their video so it might be legit. He's also thinking 4 characters are in the direct.

- Tetronimo to close

So is Tetris.

...What if Vergeben's source confused the two if he saw just blocks? It's theoretically possible that an arrangement of Minecraft blocks would recreate a Tetronimo.
Wait didn't Jon say it'd start with Chibi-Robo

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
The only reason I'm skeptical of the insiders is that their only reasoning is "just trust me." Also from what I've seen they're mostly making conflicting claims, from saying that the leak is totally wrong to saying there are some characters right in the leak, with differing claims on which of the leaked newcomers are actually going to make it.

Not to mention they're now making completely different predictions from the ones made before the grinch leak, with most of their additions being grinch leak characters.

I'm not saying that the grinch leak is real, but I don't really have faith in any of these so-called "insiders." I think they know *much* less than they say they do.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Ok. I may get flamed for this but can I just honestly say that doesn't look that bad? The original Bubsy games all sucked for one reason or another and the Woolies game seemed pretty lame, but this actually looks decent...

#BubsyForSmash
I shall punish you by taking you with me back into the Distortion World.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Yeah, but it's the FINAL smash Direct.
So, they will probably go all out for the last direct, revealing all base game characters.
VGA rumours is for DLC so it's okay
I know it's the final smash direct, but that other direct could easily be a general one or a mini.

D

Deleted member

Wait so why is everyone all of a sudden thinking the entire roster will be revealed on Thursday? There's still the "other" Nintendo direct and the game awards, right?
Because Nintendo themselves said this was the 'final' smash Direct. That seems pretty definitive is most people's eyes.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

- Tetronimo to close

So is Tetris.

Geno being DLC doesn't make sense. It's base game or nothing for him.

...A TETRONIMO?
CHIEF CALLED...

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman

- Tetronimo to close

So is Tetris.

... man.

like...

it could happen but I really, really don't want it to. doesn't a literal L as a character seems Goku-tier delusion to you?

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Because it's the FINAL /SMASH/ Direct.

TGA are on the morning after Ultimate drops in at least one country.

They are not going to save the full roster reveal for a late Direct
I realize it's the final smash direct, but that same site that predicted a direct this week is also saying their is another Nintendo direct this month, which could easily be a general or a mini direct.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

- Tetronimo to close

So is Tetris.

IF verge's source confused tetris blocks with minecraft ones, they really need glasses.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

- Tetronimo to close

So is Tetris.

Um, who exactly is taking the idea of a playable Tetris Block seriously? It very much sounds to me like Jon was having some fun and tossing ideas around so that he wouldn't accidentally spill what he knows.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh christ.

It just ****ing hit me of what this whole "Insiders" ordeal reminds me of.

We're the Rebels, and the Insiders are Admiral Holdo.

GOD DAMNIT WE WERE IN THE LAST JEDI ALL ALONG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom