• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wait... was MarioTehplumber that one guy who hoarded all of the Rosalina Amiibos during the Smash 4 days, just because he hated her?
You would think someone hoarding Rosalina amiibos would be obsessed with her weird.

But, nope, it was just someone who obsessively hated her and her fans.

Last edited:

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
Got a question for you folks. Seeing as I’ll be at work while the direct is showing, what is the best way to open up the direct and watch it in full when I get home without being spoiled prior ? (It’s broadcasting 22:00 my time, and I’ll be home at 23:30 so itl be finished by the time I’m home)

Last time I wanted to watch the Smash direct in full when I got home, but as soon as I even opened up YouTube, I got spoiled all the character reveals instantly on the home page, so it kind of killed the purpose of watching the direct for me.

Is there any way to obtain the link for the direct prior to it going live? I’d want to just come home, open up my laptop, refresh the page and hit play.. but I don’t know if it’s possible. Any suggestions ?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
My last comment before the Direct.

I'm staying on Team Fake. But believe, boy do I wish it was real. I might be only picking a side for it to be easier on the heart.

Best of luck to everyone hoping for something. I'll be looking forward for the new secret mode. More K. Rool gameplay and the missing Final Smashes.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
still hoping for the grinch 7 to be real, or at least some of them
Actually wouldn’t be shocked if we ended up with quite a bit of the grinch roster regardless due to dlc and seems to be focus on the ballot and fans

Ken
Shadow
Geno
Isaac (that item was my final piece of evidence I needed for him but still could be something else)
Banjo (probably dlc if not base)

Finally maybe Mach rider (someone tell me what Sakurai bought the toy for the gun for if it’s not Mach rider and it’s doesnt look a lot more like the Mach rider gun than elmas gun.)

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
ResetERA seems to propose that maybe they pushed the Music Update because it could be for a totally new franchise introduced in the Direct...
Could make sense right?

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
Wait... was MarioTehplumber that one guy who hoarded all of the Rosalina Amiibos during the Smash 4 days, just because he hated her?
He never considered the fact that all of those sales led to Nintendo making more Rosalina amiibo in the end. He didn't exactly think that one through.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Speaking of MarioTehPlumber and his possible involvement with the Grinch leak
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Lol I doubt it... nope...
Yeah, something's up with MTP and the Grinch leak...

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
1540948663397.png

Really excited about this direct. It'll be early in the morning for me, so I'm having some friends over to watch. Should be pretty hype!

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Got a question for you folks. Seeing as I’ll be at work while the direct is showing, what is the best way to open up the direct and watch it in full when I get home without being spoiled prior ? (It’s broadcasting 22:00 my time, and I’ll be home at 23:30 so itl be finished by the time I’m home)

Last time I wanted to watch the Smash direct in full when I got home, but as soon as I even opened up YouTube, I got spoiled all the character reveals instantly on the home page, so it kind of killed the purpose of watching the direct for me.

Is there any way to obtain the link for the direct prior to it going live? I’d want to just come home, open up my laptop, refresh the page and hit play.. but I don’t know if it’s possible. Any suggestions ?
As I told someone else, email the link to yourself so you have a direct (ha) way of accessing it without risk. Also turn off any notifications that could spoil stuff.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't think we should have 100% total faith in everything Verg says, but I think it's a bit silly to completely ignore him altogether. He definitely has some real sources and Incineroar is looking pretty dang likely because of it, and something gives me a hunch that a lot of people who are discarding him altogether either have something strong bias against leaks or against Incineroar. If he's only had one or two predictions come true that'd be one thing, but evidence stacks up and with every prediction he's gotten it's been harder to attribute all of that to luck.

Also I decided to join the Noipoi avatar bandwagon after all. It felt wrong to bring it up but then actually not go through with it.

Untouch

Smash Master
ResetERA seems to propose that maybe they pushed the Music Update because it could be for a totally new franchise introduced in the Direct...
Could make sense right?
They're trying to form a pattern out of 1 thing happening.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
I am not sure I follow. Are you saying the two eyes next to Mach Rider IS Skull kid? If you are, what does MTP have to do with anything?
Ok guys so I think you guys might not be aware of the whole Mariotehplumber situation so I'll try to give you a brief summary. I'm scared of posting the Chadnondorf leak here so I'll just resume the whole thing. You might already know but whatever.

September 28th
Chadnondorf happens, featuring very brutal language like MTP and the terms ''You are all broken clocks'', which doesn't mean anything and could potentially be a french canadian mistake.

October 2nd
Mariotehplumber(will be MTP from now on) starts doing a parody of Laxchris' videos while talking on videos that ALL feature Ganondorf. He says the words ''broken clocks'' a lot

October 23rd
MTP uploads a video analyzing Chadnondorf and strongly implying that it's him. He keeps saying that tomorrow, 45 days from the game's release, the Grand Meal will happen

October 24th
-Grinch Leak
-Radio silence from MTP until yesterday

October 29th
-MTP uploads a video insulting us and the insiders for being ****ing stupid and fighting over the Grinch leak. He says we have all the evidence and we're still squirming around. He says HE knows and that we're all ******* for being in turmoil over this when it should be obvious. (Doesn't state if real or fake)
-Starts attacking insiders personally, calling them *******. Some of them, like Mystic, react really weirdly to this for some reason.
-Starts taking his videos AND tweets down
-At around 10PM EST, he uploads another crazy rant where he insults us, similar to the first one. The creepy thing is that he uses the exact same background video from the first one. I think it's kind of funny but hey! At one point of the video you could see something flashing for one frame. That was a picture of the Discord where he was given the leak pictures (the snapchat screenshots to be precise) on September 28th.

What this means
This, unless it's a weird coincidence again, means that MTP got the snapchat screenshots first from an unknown source. Remember that MTP is a Quebecor, so it's not that much of a stretch to think that he's in a Discord with people from France.
On September 28th, when he sees the pictures, he makes out the 7 characters that we've been assuming are in because of the Chadnondorf leak. That means there could potentially be more than 7 but we weren't looking close enough. He made up the cuts and the bosses in the post just like the guy that initially leaked the ESRB pictures did.
Precisely on the same day that ESRB leaked, 45 days before release, MTP planned to release the Grinch leak on 4chan.

Probability of this being real
I'd say 70%. He is backpeddaling HARD right now seeing the potential legal danger he's in. He's been deleting all videos and tweets. I would believe it's just attention-whoring but then again there's no deying that he called all of this, uses the same terminology as Chadnondorf and features Ganon in all his videos that he makes between October 2 to October 23rd

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Spirits mode is actually just a retelling of Infinity War w/ Nintendo characters.
That's why in Smash 6 we'll only have half the cast of Ultimate.
Currently reworking on who survives and who doesn't. So far I concluded that the original 8 and anti-heroes and villains would survive the snap.

:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus:/:ultzss::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultbowser::ultkrool::ultganondorf::ultridley::ultbowserjr::ultkingdedede::ultwolf::ultmewtwo::ultdarksamus::ultwario::ultmetaknight::ultdarkpit:

Last edited:

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063

the best way i think is for someone else to send the direct link to you
the direct itself is uploaded right after the direct airs and the direct stream will go private probably so

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Idk if you guys remember that this is the most fake leaked game ever (probably). The insiders are as trustworthy as the Grinch. Meaning not at all considering they seem to have a lot of conflicting info as well from what I've seen. I expect Thursday to be a surprise for anyone not named Masahiro Sakurai or an actual Nintendo employee. That said, as long as it's not just Kencineroar+Shadow I'll be okay.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Could make sense right?
Calling it right now, it’s going to be ‘Battle! Isaac’ from Golden Sun

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ok guys so I think you guys might not be aware of the whole Mariotehplumber situation so I'll try to give you a brief summary. I'm scared of posting the Chadnondorf leak here so I'll just resume the whole thing. You might already know but whatever.

September 28th
Chadnondorf happens, featuring very brutal language like MTP and the terms ''You are all broken clocks'', which doesn't mean anything and could potentially be a french canadian mistake.

October 2nd
Mariotehplumber(will be MTP from now on) starts doing a parody of Laxchris' videos while talking on videos that ALL feature Ganondorf. He says the words ''broken clocks'' a lot

October 23rd
MTP uploads a video analyzing Chadnondorf and strongly implying that it's him. He keeps saying that tomorrow, 45 days from the game's release, the Grand Meal will happen

October 24th
-Grinch Leak
-Radio silence from MTP until yesterday

October 29th
-MTP uploads a video insulting us and the insiders for being ****ing stupid and fighting over the Grinch leak. He says we have all the evidence and we're still squirming around. He says HE knows and that we're all ******* for being in turmoil over this when it should be obvious. (Doesn't state if real or fake)
-Starts attacking insiders personally, calling them *******. Some of them, like Mystic, react really weirdly to this for some reason.
-Starts taking his videos AND tweets down
-At around 10PM EST, he uploads another crazy rant where he insults us, similar to the first one. The creepy thing is that he uses the exact same background video from the first one. I think it's kind of funny but hey! At one point of the video you could see something flashing for one frame. That was a picture of the Discord where he was given the leak pictures (the snapchat screenshots to be precise) on September 28th.

What this means
This, unless it's a weird coincidence again, means that MTP got the snapchat screenshots first from an unknown source. Remember that MTP is a Quebecor, so it's not that much of a stretch to think that he's in a Discord with people from France.
On September 28th, when he sees the pictures, he makes out the 7 characters that we've been assuming are in because of the Chadnondorf leak. That means there could potentially be more than 7 but we weren't looking close enough. He made up the cuts and the bosses in the post just like the guy that initially leaked the ESRB pictures did.
Precisely on the same day that ESRB leaked, 45 days before release, MTP planned to release the Grinch leak on 4chan.

Probability of this being real
I'd say 70%. He is backpeddaling HARD right now seeing the potential legal danger he's in. He's been deleting all videos and tweets. I would believe it's just attention-whoring but then again there's no deying that he called all of this, uses the same terminology as Chadnondorf and features Ganon in all his videos that he makes between October 2 to October 23rd
OKAY DON'T LET IT BE REAL NOW I CANNOT ACCEPT MTP LEAKING THE ****ING ULTIMATE ROSTER

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
still holding out my hope for the grinch 7, people can disagree but man do i want it to be real so bad

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You would think someone hoarding Rosalina amiibos would be obsessed with her weird.

But, nope, it was just someone who obsessively hated her and her fans.
I mean to be fair, Nintendo forced her into the main Mario cast almost 5 months after her debut in galaxy thanks to her appearance in Mario Kart Wii...
I like Rosalina and all, but I understand why lots of people hate her...

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-01-2018/
bookmark this and only open this page

Galespark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Galespark
I'm honestly excited to potentially see the final build of the game in action at the treehouse live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom