• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
It's probably not even an unpopular opinion that Gardevoir is amongst 100+ pokemon I'd be more excited to see than Incineroar. Personally: Mawile, Chesnaught, Sneasel, Beheeyem, Zeraora, Girafarig, Meloetta, Scizor, blah blah blah, etc.
But none are as nearly as likely as him lol.

Not that Incineroar deserves hate or anything. It's just that he's yet *another* Fire/Fighting-style (ik ik, he's Dark not Fighting technically but he looks/plays either way) starter after there have already been a billion. Infernape or Blaziken (or personally, Combusken) have cooler designs imo anyway
there are 801 pokemon id be more excited to see compared to incineroar

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I can't believe an immature Amiibo scalper who apparently hates and likes his fans at the same time has potentially leaked the entire Smash Bros. roster.

-

Now, MTP, even if you're a jerk, you better not be messing with us give me B-K dang it.
Truly the weirdest timeline of Smash speculation.
me to buddy,me to. I want to see them fly in.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Seeing as MTP is the guy who spent several thousand dollars on Rosalina amiibos out of pure spite, I could honestly see him having the leak "commissioned" so to speak. But the way he's been acting after the fact makes me believe this is not the case, his suspicious behavoir (for MTP standards, anyway) and him trying to delete past mentions of it leads me to believe that this is the real deal. And that he's trying to burn his trail once he learn the legal implications of what he'd done.
If it's fake he is liable for defamation of Eric and ACP. If Real, he's not connected, legally.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
wait mariotehplumber was that asshole that hate bought all the Rosalina Amiibo back then??? Holy smokes I feel like everything just clicked in my brain.

I hope after this direct we can all just drop him from memory. He doesn’t deserve the attention he’s getting, he has the gall to call everyone egotistical while he’s probably the most egotistical hateful person I’ve seen related to smash. Listening to his last video he sounds like a deranged villain loving the arguments and everything happening in the smash community.

Sure there are problems with ego and stuff in the community, he has a point there, but I’m actually super upset that he’s likely the one that leaked all this information in the first place. I honestly super hope he gets into legal trouble, he’s been hiding behind the computer being awful to people for too long now.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Um, who exactly is taking the idea of a playable Tetris Block seriously? It very much sounds to me like Jon was having some fun and tossing ideas around so that he wouldn't accidentally spill what he knows.
It wasn’t even Jon who brought it up. It was Andre...

Come on people... Jon doesn’t know everything about Smash and even if he did he’s not going to tell us a day before in a video...

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I still think that the Grinch leak is so well made. If it turns out fake, I really want the creator tell us how he did it

#TeamIsaacBanjoandGeno
honestly, id want to know how he got all these crazy ****ing coincidences to line up together, because seriously thats a huge attention to detail if its fake

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I realize it's the final smash direct, but that same site that predicted a direct this week is also saying their is another Nintendo direct this month, which could easily be a general or a mini direct.
Let's put this into perspective

You think they're gonna save the final reveal to top off a true, grand 40-minute Smash spectacular and have all the characters prepared for full-on marketing for over a month...

...or for a small spotlight in a general Direct weeks later.

That's why the final roster, DLC not included, will be in the Nov 1st one.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Um, who exactly is taking the idea of a playable Tetris Block seriously? It very much sounds to me like Jon was having some fun and tossing ideas around so that he wouldn't accidentally spill what he knows.
Yeah, there will be blood if a Tetris block of all things gets in as a fighter when there's already so many appealing characters to work through.

Tetris as an Assist Trophy makes total sense. Character? Nuh uh.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh christ.

It just ****ing hit me of what this whole "Insiders" ordeal reminds me of.

We're the Rebels, and the Insiders are Admiral Holdo.

GOD DAMNIT WE WERE IN THE LAST JEDI ALL ALONG.
In that case, that means Sakurai is Leia, right?
EVERYONE SHUSH AND WATCH THIS
You just cursed the entire thread...

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Yeah, there will be blood if a Tetris block of all things gets in as a fighter when there's already so many appealing characters to work through.

Tetris as an Assist Trophy makes total sense. Character? Nuh uh.
I'm pretty sure the Tetris Block is a running joke in GameXplain discussions. Not the first time I've heard it.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
Oh christ.

It just ****ing hit me of what this whole "Insiders" ordeal reminds me of.

We're the Rebels, and the Insiders are Admiral Holdo.

GOD DAMNIT WE WERE IN THE LAST JEDI ALL ALONG.
Communicating poorly and then doubling down when you're accused of acting suspicious never helped anyone!

-Balls

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yes, I even liked the post I think...
I was just checking if you saw it because your name isn't in the like list and I didn't know if you came in after I posted it.

Eh, NBD.
(You fool, Zinith! You're meant to smash that like button an odd number of times!)

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
He's not really credible per say...
But let's say he's a big fat jerk that seems to have major ties to the Grinch leak
It depends if the Grinch Leak is just a collusion between himself and somebody or if it’s just him going to milk the success

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Who is MarioTehPlumber and why is he considered credible...if he is?
Apparently some known troll who bought a bunch of Rosalina amiibos so people couldn’t get them.

People think he’s Chad Ganondorf for some reason and that it couldn’t possibly be he’s just looking for attention and wants to be recognized again.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
The only reason I'm skeptical of the insiders is that their only reasoning is "just trust me." Also from what I've seen they're mostly making conflicting claims, from saying that the leak is totally wrong to saying there are some characters right in the leak, with differing claims on which of the leaked newcomers are actually going to make it.

Not to mention they're now making completely different predictions from the ones made before the grinch leak, with most of their additions being grinch leak characters.

I'm not saying that the grinch leak is real, but I don't really have faith in any of these so-called "insiders." I think they know *much* less than they say they do.

Bravo.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
It wasn’t even Jon who brought it up. It was Andre...

Come on people... Jon doesn’t know everything about Smash and even if he did he’s not going to tell us a day before in a video...
My bad, I never watch GameXplain's discussion videos because they're too long for me. I'm still holding onto Jon's comments about Shadow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom