• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
AH DAMMIT. THE NEW TIME IS THE SWEETSPOT WHERE I'M BUSY.
DAMN YOU MOTHER NATUUUUUUURE.

Guess I'll either have to sneak a peak during work or call in sick if I want to see it...
Eh whatever, nothing important ever happens in normal directs.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I feel like Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale already did one hellova job with Master Chief. I don't see how even Sakurai can do any better.

EDIT: I'm mistaken. That was Killzone Guy I was thinking of. Generic Killzone Guy and Master Chief are so easy to confuse...

Killzone Guy for Smash!

Last edited:

andres22

Smash Cadet
GUYS

EDIT: :ultgreninja:‘d

Damnit, it's the 13th.
**** you guys

Roberk

Smash Champion
So I saw Sep 11 as the day the Tweet was made.

And that it's 45 minutes.

And that it's talking about Odyssey

And that it's from 2017.

Y'all are too desperate.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Favorite unique newcomer was :ultgreninja: until they nerfed him to the point where he can barely string things together anymore. Also got a kill online with his taunt.
Greninja was never nerfed like that, he got nerfed once in the 1.0.4 patch/Wii U release, which mostly just toned down a few overpowering moves/aspects and removed the landing lag cancel with Shadow Sneak glitch, nothing of which affected his combo game (besides making following up from fully charged Water Shuriken a bit more difficult), while he only got generous buffs afterward (including ending lag and landing lag reductions, which would have improved his comboing abilities).

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I'm just going to put my top 5 for every smash game out there so you can get a basic idea of my favorite newcomers by smash game.

SSB:
:jigglypuff64: > :dk64: > :samus64: > :link64: > :kirby64:

SSBM:
:ganondorfmelee: > :peachmelee: > :bowsermelee: > :mewtwomelee: > :younglinkmelee:

SSBB:
:snake: > :sonic: > :pt: > :metaknight: > :wolf:

SSB4:
:4ryu: > :4cloud: > :4megaman: > :4bowserjr: > :4lucina:

SSBU:
:ultridley: > :ultsimon: > :ultkrool: > :ultchrom: > :ultrichter:
:ultlink:>:ultkirby:>:ultluigi:>:ultyoshi:>:ultfalcon:
Melee
:ultzelda:>:ultpichu:>:ultpeach:>:ultganondorf:>:ultfalco:
Brawl
:ultike:>:ultdiddy:>:ultrob:>:ultpit:>:ultwolf:
Smash 4
:ultrobin>:ultlucina:>:ultbowserjr:>:ultduckhunt:>:ultwiifittrainer:
Ultimate (so far)
:ultkrool:>:ultchrom:>:ultdaisy:>:ultridley:>:ultdarksamus:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Which doesn't matter because again, they're separated, so they are not classified as Mario characters which is what people should look at when they discuss representation for the Mario series.
They may be separated in the game, but to say they’re not classified as Mario characters due to being given their own series is silly (they even have trophies in the Mario series instead of their own)
Technically speaking Mario would be apart of the Donkey Kong franchise as it was a Donkey Kong game from which Mario comes, not vice versa.

Luigi, Toad, Wario, Peach, Paper Mario, games of all these guys fall under the Mario umbrella, but not so much Donkey Kong.
Technically they all would be apart of the DK series (guess they found the Mario series to be a bigger money maker...not wrong though)
DONKEY KART 8
As for Luigi/Wario/Peach not being apart of the DK unbrella, they end up having connections through Pauline in general and Yoshi taking care of them all in Yoshi’s Island DS (don’t know why Yoshi would be taking care of DK or Peach outside of their watchers being terrible at their job)

Iridium

Smash Hero
Imagine if we somehow just went with that and never noticed...

Edit: At least I noticed the date.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Gosh darn it, now people are gonna be paranoid if the Direct is actually on the 13th.
Well it's most likely going to since weren't the Splatoon 2 datamine indicated that the content planned for the 7th were pushed to the 14th?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
For me, newcomers are like this:
64: :pikachu64:>:luigi64:>:mario64:>:kirby64:>:link64:
Melee: :gawmelee:>:younglinkmelee:>:drmario:>:roymelee:>:ganondorfmelee:
Brawl: :pt:>:lucas:>:rob:>:olimar:>:toonlink: (HM: :warioc:)
4::4shulk:>:4robinf:>:4miigun:>:4megaman:>:4pacman:(HM::4miibrawl::4miisword::4lucina::4cloud::4corrinf:)
Ultimate (Thus Far): :ultchrom:>:ultinkling:>:ultrichter:>:ultsimon:>:ultkrool:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I really want to eat my words with Master Chief but there's no way.

https://instaud.io/2EOG

There's part of his reveal trailer but I think some 4channers got together and did it themselves albeit it does sound impressive and sounds like it could be legit but I can't buy it. It sounds too perfect, where was the previous music before that played?
I'm not even a Halo fan, but I still think it's a shame how the series has fallen. Not that it's in absolute shambles or anything, but with the first three games it was one of the industry's biggest franchises, I think it was good for the competition between all three consoles that Microsoft had this series that really defined them and would sell millions of consoles on its own, the hype around Halo 3 was unlike anything I've seen for a shooter before.

It had everything aswell, an incredibly iconic main character, top notch music, fantastic visuals, unique weaponry. Like I said, I'm not even a Halo fan, but I always respected it in those years and could understand the hype for it, I just never got around to really giving it a chance myself. Not entirely sure how it's doing today as it doesn't make the same waves in the media as it used to, but Master Chief would definitely be my first pick for a FPS rep.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
They may be separated in the game, but to say they’re not classified as Mario characters due to being given their own series is silly (they even have trophies in the Mario series instead of their own)

Technically they all would be apart of the DK series (guess they found the Mario series to be a bigger money maker...not wrong though)
DONKEY KART 8
As for Luigi/Wario/Peach not being apart of the DK unbrella, they end up having connections through Pauline in general and Yoshi taking care of them all in Yoshi’s Island DS (don’t know why Yoshi would be taking care of DK or Peach outside of their watchers being terrible at their job)
Not really silly when again, they are literally not shown as Mario characters. I dunno how to make it more obvious.
That's why the too many reps argument feels silly to me because again there are only 8/7 if you look at it through who has the emblem that makes them Mario characters.
I see why you feel the way you do though, it's understandable so DW about it.

Michaelrexx

Smash Cadet
Idk about y'all but I'm really enjoying this speculation period. I just know there's still some crazy stuff left to see that no one's even thought of. Not to mention the high possibility of dlc. I literally can't even imagine what they'll do

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Another leak.

Quote:

>Music from many other Nintendo's franchises and 3rd Parties will be 100 more songs. Adding it up to 1000 if you count other types of music and fanfare.
>Event mode will return with a few new modes such as one called "Hunt Mode."
>There will be more bosses in Spirits. There's a crapton of them but I'll only say a few. Metal Gear REX, Gigue, and Grima.
> I forgot to include these Echo Fighters and Newcomers back. 3 More Echo Fighters and they are Felix(Isaac) from Golden Sun, Octoling(Inkling) from Splatoon, and Black Knight(Ike) from Fire Emblem.
>The 4 remaining newcomers are Exciterbiker from Excitebike, Geno from Super Mario, Master Chief(He was supposed to be revealed in the direct), I also forgot to mention there's a sound que of his music and then the Smash Ultimate logo sound at the end. I wanted to put in the file but it's too large inorder for it to get in. I'll just link the sound que here https://instaud.io/2EOG. And lastly we have Prince of Sable from For the Frog the Bell Tolls.
>Vault will have Albums and Masterpieces return, along with Chronicle.
>DLC has been decided however there are Two Characters that I have only knowledge of. Banjo-Kazooie from Banjo-Kazooie, and Spring Man from ARMS.
>Pokefloats will return but with more Pokemon-based balloons.
>There are some enemies I got info of that will return from Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4. I'm going to put them into categories.
Melee: Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Like Like, Octorocks, Undead, Topi.
Brawl: Primids, Bytans, Glice, Glire, and Glunder, Mite, Poppant, Bullet Bills, R.O.B. Sentry, R.O.B. Launcher, Armight, Autolance, Buckot, Cymul, Feyesh, Floow, Shaydas.
SSB4: Kritter, Klaptrap, Monoeye, Bacura, Bronto Burt, Chandelure, Cryogonal, Geemer, Iridescent Glint Beetle, Mettaur, Plasma Wisp.
Although it’s most fake for obvious reasons, I’d totally be satisfied with this no lie.

*A third hand alongside Master and Crazy called Lady Hand*

Wut....?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Music from many other Nintendo's franchises and 3rd Parties will be 100 more songs. Adding it up to 1000 if you count other types of music and fanfare./QUOTE]

This leak is claiming that Nintendo licensed and/or remixed ONE HUNDRED MORE SONGS since last month? I... don't think that's how game design works.

Graizen

Smash Champion
A Little Game for you all to pass some time:

Choose ONE Character to join Smash from each company!

-Capcom
-Namco Bandai
-Square Enix
-Blizzard
-Riot Games
-Ubisoft
-Atlus
-SEGA
-Nintendo
-Valve
-Sony
-Microsoft
-Atari
-SNK
-Arc System Works
-BioWare
-NetherRealm
-Monolith Soft
-Platinum Games
-From Software
-Bethesda
-Rockstar
-Marvelous
-Naughty Dog
-Vicarious Visions
-Activision

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
People out here really thinking Waluigi is playable cause he wasn’t shown again during the assist trophy show off in the Smash direct.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Anyway

Saw an interesting comparison on Gamefaqs that I kinda agree

Stage count is the new Ridley shadow.

To quote what I saw

"We were told basically everything during the Direct, but because we didn't get a statement like "These are all the stages in the game. There are no more stages left to reveal.", it's being viewed as inconclusive (just like how Ridley's status was "ambiguous" because we weren't flat out told "Ridley is a stage boss. He will not be a playable character"). People are basically ignoring what was said in favor of what wasn't said."

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another leak.

Quote:

>Music from many other Nintendo's franchises and 3rd Parties will be 100 more songs. Adding it up to 1000 if you count other types of music and fanfare.
>Event mode will return with a few new modes such as one called "Hunt Mode."
>There will be more bosses in Spirits. There's a crapton of them but I'll only say a few. Metal Gear REX, Gigue, and Grima.
> I forgot to include these Echo Fighters and Newcomers back. 3 More Echo Fighters and they are Felix(Isaac) from Golden Sun, Octoling(Inkling) from Splatoon, and Black Knight(Ike) from Fire Emblem.
>The 4 remaining newcomers are Exciterbiker from Excitebike, Geno from Super Mario, Master Chief(He was supposed to be revealed in the direct), I also forgot to mention there's a sound que of his music and then the Smash Ultimate logo sound at the end. I wanted to put in the file but it's too large inorder for it to get in. I'll just link the sound que here https://instaud.io/2EOG. And lastly we have Prince of Sable from For the Frog the Bell Tolls.
>Vault will have Albums and Masterpieces return, along with Chronicle.
>DLC has been decided however there are Two Characters that I have only knowledge of. Banjo-Kazooie from Banjo-Kazooie, and Spring Man from ARMS.
>Pokefloats will return but with more Pokemon-based balloons.
>There are some enemies I got info of that will return from Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4. I'm going to put them into categories.
Melee: Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Like Like, Octorocks, Undead, Topi.
Brawl: Primids, Bytans, Glice, Glire, and Glunder, Mite, Poppant, Bullet Bills, R.O.B. Sentry, R.O.B. Launcher, Armight, Autolance, Buckot, Cymul, Feyesh, Floow, Shaydas.
SSB4: Kritter, Klaptrap, Monoeye, Bacura, Bronto Burt, Chandelure, Cryogonal, Geemer, Iridescent Glint Beetle, Mettaur, Plasma Wisp.
You know a leak is fake when it has Master Chief, an XBox exclusive of all characters in it.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
It's beautiful how pure hype and thirst can make someone read the last number of a year wrong.

argh..

I feel like Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale already did one hellova job with Master Chief. I don't see how even Sakurai can do any better.

EDIT: I'm mistaken. That was Killzone Guy I was thinking of. Generic Killzone Guy and Master Chief are so easy to confuse...

Killzone Guy for Smash!
Aw hell no

You just didn't disrespect Colonel Radec, did ya?

The_Killah29

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Switch FC
SW-6336-0165-8517
So, what items would you all like to see come back? I would like to see the Fan come back just to trigger people, the Cloaking Device and the Cracker Launcher.
Should just bring back every item possible and add more. "Everything is here!"

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
A Little Game for you all to pass some time:

Choose ONE Character to join Smash from each company!

-Capcom
-Namco Bandai
-Square Enix
-Blizzard
-Riot Games
-Ubisoft
-Atlus
-SEGA
-Nintendo
-Valve
-Sony
-Microsoft
-Atari
-SNK
-Arc System Works
-BioWare
-NetherRealm
-Monolith Soft
-Platinum Games
-From Software
-Bethesda
-Rockstar
-Marvelous
-Naughty Dog
-Vicarious Visions
-Activision
-Capcom: Dante
-Namco Bandai: Lloyd
-Square Enix: Neku
-Blizzard: ???? (should include trophies of Tracer and someone from Diablo)
-Riot Games: ????
-Ubisoft: Rayman
-Atlus: Joker
-SEGA: Shadow
-Nintendo: Bandana Waddle Dee
-Valve: ????
-Sony: ?????
-Microsoft: Banjo & Kazooie
-Atari: ????
-SNK: ...Terry Bogard?
-Arc System Works: someone from BlazBlue idk
-BioWare: ???? at least include a Mass Effect character trophy like Liara since ME3 was on Wii U
-NetherRealm: ???
-Monolith Soft: Elma (and FYI, Nintendo owns Monolith Soft now)
-Platinum Games: Wonder-Red
-From Software: someone from Dark Souls idk
-Bethesda: Dovahkiin I guess (with a Vault Boy from Fallout trophy)
-Rockstar: ???
-Marvelous: someone from Senran Kagura...????
-Naughty Dog: ????
-Vicarious Visions: ?????
-Activision: Crash (he IS activision right?)

and may as well add one more
-WayForward: Shantae

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'm just going to put my top 5 for every smash game out there so you can get a basic idea of my favorite newcomers by smash game.

SSB:
:jigglypuff64: > :dk64: > :samus64: > :link64: > :kirby64:

SSBM:
:ganondorfmelee: > :peachmelee: > :bowsermelee: > :mewtwomelee: > :younglinkmelee:

SSBB:
:snake: > :sonic: > :pt: > :metaknight: > :wolf:

SSB4:
:4ryu: > :4cloud: > :4megaman: > :4bowserjr: > :4lucina:

SSBU:
:ultridley: > :ultsimon: > :ultkrool: > :ultchrom: > :ultrichter:
SSB
:fox64: > :falcon64: > :pikachu64: > :ness64: > :link64:

SSBM
:sheikmelee: > :marthmelee: > :pichumelee: > :gawmelee: > :roymelee:

SSBB
:lucario: > :squirtle: > :sonic: > :pit: >:zerosuitsamus:

SSB4
:4lucina: > :4corrinf: > :4cloud2: > :4palutena: > :4greninja:

SSBU
>
> :ultchrom: > :ultinkling: > :ultdaisy:

Did I just reserved two spots for my wanted newcomers?

Yes, yes I did.

Edit I was more hyped about Pit than Wolf when seeing his moveset. Sorry Wolf.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
It's beautiful how pure hype and thirst can make someone read the last number of a year wrong.

argh..

Aw hell no

You just didn't disrespect Colonel Radec, did ya?
Is that Halo's real name?

Fine. Master Ratchet from Killzone for the win and the block, Pat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom