• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Some were thinking it was Isaac's earthquake attacks maybe, assuming he was even going to be revealed anyway.

And to all the people quoting my other post, go ahead and donate your entire bank account to help the victims if you care that much. Otherwise, get off your high horse.
Then why don't you get me a bank account moron

There would be more for the Mario series if the other parts of the franchise weren’t given their own sub series in Smash (cause there’s a total of 13 :ultmario::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultwario::ultdiddy::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultdaisy::ultkrool:, 12 without :ultdaisy:, then without the subs it goes down to 7...but as a bonus there’s 20 counting the Koopaling alts, sub series characters and echoes)

So we got...:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::ultdaisy::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultyoshi::ultwario:
Except we don't because the only ones under the Mario banner are from Mario.
So, I stick by my tally of 8, because that's what Sakurai sees as correct and that's what matters

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
MSmariosonic MSmariosonic I actually messed up my rankings, so I'll do it again.

SSB: :link64: > :fox64: > :pikachu64: > :samus64: > :yoshi64:

SSBM: :mewtwomelee: > :marthmelee: > :roymelee: > :younglinkmelee: > :falcomelee: (HM: :sheikmelee:)

SSBB: :lucario: > :sonic: > :pit: > :metaknight: > :toonlink: (HM: :wolf::ike:)

SSB4: :4greninja: > :4megaman: > :4shulk: > :4cloud: > :4corrin: (HM: :4darkpit::4ryu:)

SSBU: :ultsimon: > :ultchrom: > :ultrichter: > :ultdarksamus: > :ultridley:

That was easier than the first time.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Call me jaded if you like but when a company maintains its business plan through a life-claiming typhoon and then streams a Splatoon tournament a day after the intended airdate (things no one seems to be focusing on), it seems the primary motivator for the delay was more likely a measure against tarnished public opinion due to some earthquake-related subject matter than one of altruism.
If you bring up that the earthquake and the content of the Direct are related then you are shunned for "reading into everything."

IMO there was probably something specifically earthquake-related in that Direct (not naming names, we know what it was) because if they were delaying it for an extremely different disaster then I don't see why they didn't delay it for the typhoon and landslides that happened just a few days before.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Unfortunately, this has come to be the most likely reason IMO.
I just simply didn't want to discuss it as it felt disrespectful and rude.
Disrespectful and rude towards Nintendo perhaps, but I don't really feel a need to shelter their feelings. They're a business making business decisions, not a person.

I harbour nothing but well-wishes and hopes for a speedy and healthy recovering for the people effected directly and indirectly by both the earthquake and typhoon. My heart goes out to them, and those certainly aren't the motivations I'm questioning.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Another leak.

Quote:

>Music from many other Nintendo's franchises and 3rd Parties will be 100 more songs. Adding it up to 1000 if you count other types of music and fanfare.
>Event mode will return with a few new modes such as one called "Hunt Mode."
>There will be more bosses in Spirits. There's a crapton of them but I'll only say a few. Metal Gear REX, Gigue, and Grima.
> I forgot to include these Echo Fighters and Newcomers back. 3 More Echo Fighters and they are Felix(Isaac) from Golden Sun, Octoling(Inkling) from Splatoon, and Black Knight(Ike) from Fire Emblem.
>The 4 remaining newcomers are Exciterbiker from Excitebike, Geno from Super Mario, Master Chief(He was supposed to be revealed in the direct), I also forgot to mention there's a sound que of his music and then the Smash Ultimate logo sound at the end. I wanted to put in the file but it's too large inorder for it to get in. I'll just link the sound que here https://instaud.io/2EOG. And lastly we have Prince of Sable from For the Frog the Bell Tolls.
>Vault will have Albums and Masterpieces return, along with Chronicle.
>DLC has been decided however there are Two Characters that I have only knowledge of. Banjo-Kazooie from Banjo-Kazooie, and Spring Man from ARMS.
>Pokefloats will return but with more Pokemon-based balloons.
>There are some enemies I got info of that will return from Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4. I'm going to put them into categories.
Melee: Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Like Like, Octorocks, Undead, Topi.
Brawl: Primids, Bytans, Glice, Glire, and Glunder, Mite, Poppant, Bullet Bills, R.O.B. Sentry, R.O.B. Launcher, Armight, Autolance, Buckot, Cymul, Feyesh, Floow, Shaydas.
SSB4: Kritter, Klaptrap, Monoeye, Bacura, Bronto Burt, Chandelure, Cryogonal, Geemer, Iridescent Glint Beetle, Mettaur, Plasma Wisp.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Disrespectful and rude towards Nintendo perhaps, but I don't really feel a need to shelter their feelings. They're a business making business decisions, not a person.

I harbour nothing but well-wishes and hopes for a speedy and healthy recovering for the people effected directly and indirectly by both the earthquake and typhoon. My heart goes out to them, and those certainly aren't the motivations I'm questioning.
Nah, it's more I felt disrespectful to the victims for discussing the contents of a Direct instead of remaining focused on them, you know?
I'm probably just overtly sensitive, though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Five favorite additions per game? Okay.

64: :ultmario:=:ultpikachu:>:ultyoshi:>:ultdk:>:ultluigi:
Melee: :ultmewtwo:=:ultmarth:>:ulticeclimbers:>:ultbowser:>:ultzelda:
Brawl: :ultolimar:>:ultpokemontrainer:>:ultlucario:>:ultrob:>:ultkingdedede:
Smash 4: :ultlittlemac:>:ultpacman:>:ultgreninja:>:ultrosalina:>:ultpalutena: (:ultmegaman: Honorable Mention)
Ultimate: :ultchrom:>>>>>>>>>>:ultsimon:>:ultkrool:>:ultinkling:>:ultridley:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Except we don't because the only ones under the Mario banner are from Mario.
So, I stick by my tally of 8, because that's what Sakurai sees as correct and that's what matters
And Sakurai more than likely separated them from the main series due to how many characters one series alone would’ve had (like how Marvel and DC separates heroes from one another until something big occurs)

...and I don’t remember being apart of that “we/wii” statement...

Last edited:

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Here's a dumb game to pass the time...

Who eats where? Two or more can go to one place.

Your choices are

Burger King/Mcdonalds:

Taco Bell:

Panda Express:

Starbucks:

Popeyes:

Olive Garden:
Burger King: :ultmetaknight::ultkirby: Meta Knight takes kirby to Burger King because they're banned from Dream Land McDonalds.

Mcdonalds: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr: Bowser gets his son a Happy Meal

Taco Bell: :ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena: Paluntena bets the pits they can't eat twenty 50-cent tacos in under ten minutes. They can't.

Panda Express: :ultlittlemac: is a **** for orange chicken. :ultshulk: thought there'd be bears there. He was wrong.

Starbucks: :ultluigi: and :ultdaisy: have tea sessions there where they both get grande soy double hazelnut lattes with three pumps of caramel syrup and two dashes of cinnamon, extra whip on the side. :ultridley: likes their Green Tea Frappuccinos.

Popeyes: :ultkingdedede: summons up his inner Texan and eats all the fried chicken. :ultzelda: is upset because he didn't save any for her, and now she's stuck eating dry biscuits.

Olive Garden: :ultchrom: takes :ultrobin on a date to Olive Garden because he got a groupon for free breadsticks if they both get the fettucini alfredo. Robin is lactose intolerant, but he just likes going on dates with his husband nevertheless.

I'm just going to put my top 5 for every smash game out there so you can get a basic idea of my favorite newcomers by smash game.

SSB:
:jigglypuff64: > :dk64: > :samus64: > :link64: > :kirby64:

SSBM:
:ganondorfmelee: > :peachmelee: > :bowsermelee: > :mewtwomelee: > :younglinkmelee:

SSBB:
:snake: > :sonic: > :pt: > :metaknight: > :wolf:

SSB4:
:4ryu: > :4cloud: > :4megaman: > :4bowserjr: > :4lucina:

SSBU:
:ultridley: > :ultsimon: > :ultkrool: > :ultchrom: > :ultrichter:
SSB:
:kirby64:>:link64:>:samus64:>:ness64:>:luigi64:

SSBM:
:zeldamelee:>:peachmelee:>:icsmelee:>:gawmelee:>:marthmelee:

SSBB:
:dedede:>:metaknight:>:pt:>:toonlink:>:lucario:

SSB4:
:4robinm:>:4littlemac:>:4wiifitm:>:rosalina:>:4greninja:

SSBU:
:ultinkling:>:ultkrool:>:ultrichter:>:ultdarksamus:>:ultchrom:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
And Sakurai more than likely separated them from the main series due to how many characters (like how Marvel and DC separates heroes from one another until something big occurs)
Which doesn't matter because again, they're separated, so they are not classified as Mario characters which is what people should look at when they discuss representation for the Mario series.

Shroob

Sup?
Another leak.

Quote:

>Music from many other Nintendo's franchises and 3rd Parties will be 100 more songs. Adding it up to 1000 if you count other types of music and fanfare.
>There will be more bosses in Spirits. There's a crapton of them but I'll only say a few. Metal Gear REX, Gigue, and Grima.
> I forgot to include these Echo Fighters and Newcomers back. 3 More Echo Fighters and they are Felix(Isaac) from Golden Sun, Octoling(Inkling) from Splatoon, and Black Knight(Ike) from Fire Emblem.
>The 4 remaining newcomers are Exciterbiker from Excitebike, Geno from Super Mario, Master Chief(He was supposed to be revealed in the direct), I also forgot to mention there's a sound que of his music and then the Smash Ultimate logo sound at the end. I wanted to put in the file but it's too large inorder for it to get in. I'll just link the sound que here https://instaud.io/2EOG. And lastly we have Prince of Sable from For the Frog the Bell Tolls.
>DLC has been decided however there are Two Characters that I have only knowledge of. Banjo-Kazooie from Banjo-Kazooie, and Spring Man from ARMS.
>There are some enemies I got info of that will return from Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4. I'm going to put them into categories.
Brawl: Primids, Bytans, Glice, Glire, and Glunder, Mite, Poppant, Bullet Bills, R.O.B. Sentry, R.O.B. Launcher, Armight, Autolance, Buckot, Cymul, Feyesh, Floow, Shaydas.
SSB4: Kritter, Klaptrap, Monoeye, Bacura, Bronto Burt, Chandelure, Cryogonal, Geemer, Iridescent Glint Beetle, Mettaur, Plasma Wisp.
So, what the hell was the part 1?

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Another leak.

Quote:

What was the first leak from this guy? I doubt it's real but I wanna see what else he's said.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Another leak.

Quote:

>Felix is Isaac echo
>Isaac is not in the game
ops.meme_.nba_-1024x768.jpg

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
And Sakurai more than likely separated them from the main series due to how many characters one series alone would’ve had (like how Marvel and DC separates heroes from one another until something big occurs)

...and I don’t remember being apart of that “we/wii” statement...
Technically speaking Mario would be apart of the Donkey Kong franchise as it was a Donkey Kong game from which Mario comes, not vice versa.

Luigi, Toad, Wario, Peach, Paper Mario, games of all these guys fall under the Mario umbrella, but not so much Donkey Kong.

The_Killah29

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Switch FC
SW-6336-0165-8517
Hey all! What fake leaks did I miss? There's no way I'm reading 50+ pages. :/

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Sometimes I just think about Bowser Jr. being in Smash.

Like...
That came outta nowhere. I loved it.
Requested for so long but forgotten after Rosaluma...but then he just pops up with one of the most unique movesets.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I really want to eat my words with Master Chief but there's no way.

https://instaud.io/2EOG

There's part of his reveal trailer but I think some 4channers got together and did it themselves albeit it does sound impressive and sounds like it could be legit but I can't buy it. It sounds too perfect, where was the previous music before that played?

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Found a leak: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/430765280/#430766572

the 3DS part they don't give too many details on, and the Mouse peripheral is kinda hard to believe, but most of the rest are safe bets.

and another leak with Elma in it. FINALLY.

and another: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/430237643/#430237643 this one would be a dream tbh
There is no way the direct is exactly 35 minutes long. I think it was confirmed that it was supposed to be 38:18 or something

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's the entire reason for the delay, and it's not a secret. People are just so attached to Nintendo that they see it more as a person with actual feelings rather than a company who just makes decisions based on what a good business practice is.
I personally think that was pretty obvious lol.
If you bring up that the earthquake and the content of the Direct are related then you are shunned for "reading into everything."

IMO there was probably something specifically earthquake-related in that Direct (not naming names, we know what it was) because if they were delaying it for an extremely different disaster then I don't see why they didn't delay it for the typhoon and landslides that happened just a few days before.
Yeah I mean I didn't think I stumbled on to anything revolutionary, but I just didn't see anyone else saying it. All I witnessed were those extolling Nintendo's virtue and whatnot. And perhaps respect did play a part, but certainly not the lead role.

Nah, it's more I felt disrespectful to the victims for discussing the contents of a Direct instead of remaining focused on them, you know?
I'm probably just overtly sensitive, though.
I see where you're coming from, but speculating about what the offending material could've been is really no worse than the rampant speculation as to when the Direct could be rescheduled to, which has been all but ceaseless in the interim. And (mostly) no one is really reproaching Nintendo's call, even if its motivated by business, because people recognize the insignificance of this kind of stuff when compared to a natural disaster. With that knowledge in mind, speculation isn't inherently disrespectful, in my opinion at least.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
OH HOLD UP I JUST NOTICED IT'S 45 MINUTES NOW INSTEAD OF 35.

EDIT: HOLD UP AGAIN THEY'RE GONNA TALK ABOUT ODYSSEY DETAILS OH ****

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, what items would you all like to see come back? I would like to see the Fan come back just to trigger people, the Cloaking Device and the Cracker Launcher.

LetterO

Smash Lord
oh wow nevermind i just got pranked by a discord server

apologies, everyone

i let my hype infect my brain

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom