• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's so fun to go back and see everyone's reactions and thoughts about Ultimate over the course of this thread.

Go back to the first page, you'll see people discussing when Smash NX would even come out, and what kind of game it'd be.

Go back to page 405, you'll see people reacting to the reveal on March 8th, along with a lot of "this game's coming out way too soon, it's gotta be a port" talk.

Page 1539 signals the start of E3 reactions.
Check out page 2812 for 8.8. reactions. Page 2813 is where the good stuff starts aka K. Rool reactions.

Also I'm up late because 1) it's Friday night baby, 2) I just got back from a 10 PM showing of Sorry To Bother You. It's as fantastic as they say.

EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d by the person I'm quoting, that's a new one.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'll throw a prediction out of an announcement of a Direct by the 3rd or 4th, seems like a reasonable time. Then a Direct 4~5 days later.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
You know, you remind us daily that the way your main looks in Ultimate hurts your soul.

But I'll tel you this Over! You should cheer up! Because no matter how ****ty her model or design is, or how much you know it could be better, at least

Zamus is in this game (and so is Ridley and D.Samus now)

Zamus is actually a playable character in this game, and that's much more you can say than for Krystal, or Bomberman, or Ashley, or Waluigi, or Midna, or for any of the other characters that didn't make it in Ultimate!

You've got your high heeled Zamus, but at least you've got Zamus!
The heels aren’t really the issue ;) My main is actually Samus, but because they’re the same person, hating Zamus’s redesign taints Samus for me too :(

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Check out page 2812 for 8.8. reactions. Page 2813 is where the good stuff starts aka K. Rool reactions.

Also I'm up late because 1) it's Friday night baby, 2) I just got back from a 10 PM showing of Sorry To Bother You. It's as fantastic as they say.

EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d by the person I'm quoting, that's a new one.
Heheh, sorry to ruin your moment.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
The heels aren’t really the issue ;) My main is actually Samus, but because they’re the same person, hating Zamus’s redesign taints Samus for me too :(
I must have missed this, but what is wrong with her redesign? I thought she looks so much better now.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I must have missed this, but what is wrong with her redesign? I thought she looks so much better now.
She doesn't have big boobs anymore, and that makes our friend here sad.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I'lltellyouthisOver,youshouldcheerup,becausedespitehow****tySamusdesigni-

Ah you get the point

Last edited:

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Oh crap the Samus debacle again.

Nothing interesting in the last few hours, right? No one leaked the entire roster while I was sleeping, I hope!

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Nothing interesting in the last few hours, right? No one leaked the entire roster while I was sleeping, I hope!
We had a brief discussion about some Banjo leak that people are taking somewhat seriously. That's about it.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

I mean they did but surprisingly the rest of the roster were just a bunch of variations of Zamus if you would believe it, go figure

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
So is nobody talking about the Isaac/Agnes leak right now because we can all just agree that it's fake orrrr????

Out of boredom I rewatched the August Direct again and man, it's still a great selection of news. So I felt like posting a new way for the thread to keep going:

What were your 3 favorite announcements that day? Here are mine:
  1. Fountain of Dreams HD hell yeah!!!
  2. Dark Samus means that all the major Metroid characters people wanted in Smash are all in, geez! I don't think anyone would have suspected this was happening in either the Brawl OR Smash 4 days.
  3. King K. Rool finally joins the battle, it was a long time coming but all the waiting was worth it.
I'm not listing characters because obviously they're super hype so my list would be pretty boring if I did.

1. Squad Strike is so cool, especially knowing now (though it wasn't shown in the direct) that it can be set so that the characters change after each stock. That'll make for some really fun matches I think.

2. The new training mode stage is amazing, and setting the opponent to be player controlled would make for great labbing.

3. Spirits!(?) Smash 4's single player modes felt lacking after Brawl and Melee. Sure, Classic and Event modes are always fun, but both of those felt lacking in Smash 4 and there wasn't an adventure mode type-campaign to make up for that either. To make the most of the Switch's handheld status, Ultimate needs a compelling single player experience and Spirits mode could be a step in the right direction.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

There's a Banjo render going around that looks pretty good, though it isn't the entire render. Nobody has found an exact match for it as of now.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm not used to K. Rool having elements of his Paon and Rare designs mixed together but somehow I make do.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There’s nothing “wrong” with the design objectively. I’m just used to her being top-heavy so seeing her all realistic is giving me major uncanny valley. :(
I hope you realize there is not a man alive worth his salt who will give you sympathy for your dislike of Zamus' new design purely because you wish her boobs were bigger again.

Creep.

So is nobody talking about the Isaac/Agnes leak right now because we can all just agree that it's fake orrrr????
We all agreed that was fake a looooooooooong time ago.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Drop the Zamus thing, please. It's becoming uncomfortable and devolving into name-calling and getting overly heated.

Also, let's stop bringing it up. It always becomes the same thing. Off-topic and gets heated.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I hope you realize there is not a man alive worth his salt who will give you sympathy for your dislike of Zamus' new design purely because you wish her boobs were bigger again.

Creep.

We all agreed that was fake a looooooooooong time ago.
Are you really insulting me for not liking the new design of a video game character?

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much because we all agreed it is capital "F" Fake
Cool, good. I'd love to see Isaac, Lloyd, Banjo, Skull Kid etc but most of those renders looked so bad that I think I'd just be disappointed that they looked like that even if they were in the game lol.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Cool, good. I'd love to see Isaac, Lloyd, Banjo, Skull Kid etc but most of those renders looked so bad that I think I'd just be disappointed that they looked like that even if they were in the game lol.
Banjo wasn't in the same leak as the others. I thought the Banjo render looked much better than the others from the leak with Lloyd and such.

Last edited:

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
So...who's feeling a Direct in the next week or so? Just me? Or is the fervor more mutual?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So...who's feeling a Direct in the next week or so? Just me? Or is the fervor more mutual?
I mean, a Direct could happen at any time this month, especially because of the online goin' live sometime soon.

But why do you feel it'll happen in the next week or so? Got a reason, or is it just your gut talkin'?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Here's the real question. Since Sakurai confirmed that they'll be showing us everyone who's in the game before it releases, do y'all think we'll ever get another Robin/Lucina situation, where they don't even bother with the Direct and are just like "hey we're gonna show you a new character at [insert time here], be there or be square"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom