• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't know if anyone else has spotted this, but I remember someone finding out that there's been a bit of a pattern, when it comes to new music drops every Tuesday.

Zelda, Street Fighter, Metroid, Splatoon, Snipperclips
Kirby, Mega Man, Metal Gear, F-Zero, Galaga
Castlevania, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, ???

So maybe we'll get something out of left field in a few days? Or maybe it's just a coincidence...
And then it's another Mario remix.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't know if anyone else has spotted this, but I remember someone finding out that there's been a bit of a pattern, when it comes to new music drops every Tuesday.

Zelda, Street Fighter, Metroid, Splatoon, Snipperclips
Kirby, Mega Man, Metal Gear, F-Zero, Galaga
Castlevania, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, ???

So maybe we'll get something out of left field in a few days? Or maybe it's just a coincidence...
I feel like I've seen these types of posts pretty frequently and they never really pan out.
Don't get too hyped my friend. It is indeed dry, so I understand.

Enchess

Smash Lord
IDK man I'm no tech genius man I feel like they're gonna have some way to track your IP or the method of payment back to you if you do it again.
unless nobody's thought of that yet and i'm suddenly bill gates 2.0
Why would they care to do that? They get more money and who cares if mods are only happening on the Switch that's already banned. If the online Switch is modded too, they'll ban it then and get money for the third one haha

Shroob

Sup?
Here's a question.

In regards to the 2nd Mushroom, how many 'spin-off' Mario stages are there?

All I can think of are the Mario Kart stages from Brawl and WiiU.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Man. I look away for like 5 Hours and suddenly there's 10 new pages.

I hope nothing exploded while I was gone. I swear this thread moves faster and faster everyday.

Anyway, I'm done with my Poll analsis, and it can be found on this thread here.
I'm glad Elma, Rex and Pyra did alright. As for Amaterasu... I guess you can say she's the underdog hahaha *sobs*
And then Japan takes what you just said and goes "WOOOOOO PRIMARINA TIME".
And yet the least talked about on the thread, irony is an interesting thing sometimes. However, we shouldn't count her out yet because of her lack of legs.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1535780124148.gif

Is this the one people are talking about?

Did the guy notice the line on the nose is off center in his edit?

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Here's a question.

In regards to the 2nd Mushroom, how many 'spin-off' Mario stages are there?

All I can think of are the Mario Kart stages from Brawl and WiiU.
You can throw Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion in there too.

I'd assume Mario Maker counts as well.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And yet the least talked about on the thread, irony is an interesting thing sometimes. However, we shouldn't count her out yet because of her lack of legs.
I wouldn't mind Primarina at all, in fact it'd be radical.
But when you think of body types that work for fighting games, you don't think of pinnipeds.
That's not to say it's got no chance, but that could be a reason it's not discussed. people think it's not worth discussion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like I've seen these types of posts pretty frequently and they never really pan out.
Don't get too hyped my friend. It is indeed dry, so I understand.
I just need me a good combo of bangers again like how we did with the Snake Eater and F-Zero Medley. I went absolutely INSANE when that Snake Eater remix dropped and people probably looked at me funny when I reacted to it in public. Worth it, though.

And then it's another Mario remix.
Wait... But if we're supposedly gonna have Geno...

THE FUTURE WILL BE CHANGED! YOU'VE CREATED A TIME PARADOX!!

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm glad Elma, Rex and Pyra did alright. As for Amaterasu... I guess you can say she's the underdog hahaha *sobs*

Amaterasu had votes, she just didn't get enough votes to (visibly) break into the top 60. Mainly because she wasn't on the list specifically, so people could vote for both "Amaterasu" and "Amaterasu (Okami)".

That's my b. :laugh:

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind Primarina at all, in fact it'd be radical.
But when you think of body types that work for fighting games, you don't think of pinnipeds.
That's not to say it's got no chance, but that could be a reason it's not discussed. people think it's not worth discussion.
People also don't think quadrupeds, but we got Duck Hunt and Ivysaur. I think the body type is exactly why Primarina is such an exciting idea. And Smash isn't exactly the game where typical body type for a fighting game is an advantage to getting in. If anything, based on the roster we have now in general, it might actually be a disadvantage.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Welp Lyn wont be in smash ultimate so that kinda of makes me happy sorry not sorry Lyn fans

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
View attachment 161111

Is this the one people are talking about?

Did the guy notice the line on the nose is off center in his edit?
I wouldn't call it an edit. The biggest thing to note with this is that only the rough basic shape lines up. None of the shading, colors, etc, line up. Looks more like general reference/tracing to try to keep the perspective looking decent.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
View attachment 161112

Red line may not be perfect but you get the idea
I think this is kind of splitting hairs BUT the fact that it does seem to be exactly where it is in the other official render is compelling evidence.

Also, and I hadn't really thought about it till now but just the fact that they would had to have gotten a snap shot of the render on a white background and I don't think those character thumbnails/portraits have ever actually been leaked

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
People also don't think quadrupeds, but we got Duck Hunt and Ivysaur. I think the body type is exactly why Primarina is such an exciting idea. And Smash isn't exactly the game where typical body type for a fighting game is an advantage to getting in. If anything, based on the roster we have now in general, it might actually be a disadvantage.
I agree, I was just giving my theory as to why it's not as discussed as the other possible Pokemon.

Shroob

Sup?
Yo, is it safe to pre-order Smash with the GC Controller and Adapter on Gamestop?

I wanna just buy them together since I have no interest in the pro controller, but the thing says a 12/31 release date for the controller and adapter.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I agree, I was just giving my theory as to why it's not as discussed as the other possible Pokemon.
I know, I was saying that it's silly they dismiss it for that reason, even though you're totally right about what the reason is haha

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second and point out that the Duck Hunt Dog doesn't use his own body for most of his attacks and Ivysaur has a pair of vines to use in the place of arms. Basically both of them have workarounds for their lack of arms.

But I'm a Silvally supporter so I definitely don't think body type is a deal breaker, and Primarina could simply use her tail for many of her attacks the way Mewtwo does.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Welp Lyn wont be in smash ultimate so that kinda of makes me happy sorry not sorry Lyn fans
This is a bit mean-spirited. I know you're new here, but how would you feel if I said Ephraim won't be in and that it made me happy?
Try to construct your feelings on Lyn in a more polite manner.

Also, click the reply button to reply to posts. It should be on the post of the person you are responding to.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second and point out that the Duck Hunt Dog doesn't use his own body for most of his attacks and Ivysaur has a pair of vines to use in the place of arms. Basically both of them have workarounds for their lack of arms.

But I'm a Silvally supporter so I definitely don't think body type is a deal breaker, and Primarina could simply use her tail for many of her attacks the way Mewtwo does.
Or their luscious hair, various water or fairy moves, or even general seal inspired things like a beach ball. You can do a lot without proper arms when you have so many other tools to work with.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
So, I found this. I don’t think they match, but I’m on my phone so I will post just to look.

531E8534-B786-4BEC-B4A9-F2D82E5CD35D.jpeg
9CBEF237-A990-41AF-9F08-79EC75242463.jpeg
[SPOILER/]

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I wouldn't call it an edit. The biggest thing to note with this is that only the rough basic shape lines up. None of the shading, colors, etc, line up. Looks more like general reference/tracing to try to keep the perspective looking decent.
Maybe it's an early render still being worked on? Shulk and Falco's renders both received slight changes after the game's reveal, and considering that this render hasn't been revealed, nor is likely being revealed anytime soon, it'd make sense for it to be rough around the edges.

Just playing Devil's Advocate.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Or their luscious hair, various water or fairy moves, or even general seal inspired things like a beach ball. You can do a lot without proper arms when you have so many other tools to work with.
It's body is laced with spikes.
Just slam into the other guys, don't even bother with magic water lol.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
This is a bit mean-spirited. I know you're new here, but how would you feel if I said Ephraim won't be in and that it made me happy?
Try to construct your feelings on Lyn in a more polite manner.

Also, click the reply button to reply to posts. It should be on the post of the person you are responding to.
I mean the one chracther i want isnt gonna be in smash ever so i have No horse in this race
I just think Lyn is overated And she wouldn't be unique enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom