• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
So here's another "leak" we can discuss.

I honestly have no idea what this is supposed to be. A trailer? The new Mario model? Either way, I can't see Sakurai randomly replacing one of Mario's moves with a hammer of all things. The special effect of the hammer swing also looks a little strange compared to the detailed effects we normally see in Smash.

Still looks nice though.
Where's the source of the leak

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, I’m interested in the source as well. And anyway, could it not be Smash related at all, but some other Mario game?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Any reason the hat would be like a completely different shade of red? Or the strange clipping on some parts of the model?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
For those who were asking, this is where I found it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8ikav7/could_you_guys_please_tell_me_if_this_leak_is/

The person who posted it didn't claim where he got it. I tried snooping around to see if this pic has been brought up anywhere else, but so far I haven't found anything. Seems like the pic is currently being overshadowed by the Wal-mart leak and the Namco employee. That or a lot of people have already wrote it off as fake and don't think it's worth mentioning.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I doubt they would use her XC2 clips without at least contacting her first. Back in Smash 4, Fox's Assault voice actor mentioned that he was contacted during its development so that they could reuse the Lylat Cruise clips from Brawl for the game, which was just a few convos. I imagine that if they decided to use Pyra's clips in the same way, they would extend the same luxury and contact Skye Bennett so that they can get her permission, especially since she's commonly speculated to be a part of Rex's moveset rather then an easter egg exclusive to one stage.
Yeah sure, but she said she hasn't "worked" on Smash. Just agreeing to using her previously recorded clips isn't the same as going into a studio and working on recording new clips. Also, the likely NDA. She'd deny it either way.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah sure, but she said she hasn't "worked" on Smash. Just agreeing to using her previously recorded clips isn't the same as going into a studio and working on recording new clips. Also, the likely NDA. She'd deny it either way.
If she was under a NDA then I don't think she'd even bother answering the question, either that or she'd just brush it off with a standard PR response, and not go into any detail and actually state that she "doesn't think it's going to happen".

I genuinely think she hasn't been contacted about Smash in any way, but of course that doesn't necessarily mean that Rex and Pyra aren't in, there could be many different reasons for why she hasn't been brought in (yet).

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Do we know when Xander Mobus was brought in for SSB4? I know he was in the demo at E3 2014, so his lines must've been recorded (at the very, absolute latest) 3 months before the 3DS release date.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
No, she specifically stated that she hasn't been contacted in regards to Smash. Regardless, your point still stands. This really doesn't affect Rex and Pyra's chance.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I'm going to try to find the clean version of that "leak" for you guys. It was uploaded yesterday.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
That Mario swinging the hammer doesn't look like Smash Mario, imo. It almost looks "fan" designed, if that makes sense. It's good, and quality was put into it, but I think it was made by someone, who then tried to make it look blurry and obscured it to give it "authenticity".

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
That Mario swinging the hammer doesn't look like Smash Mario, imo. It almost looks "fan" designed, if that makes sense. It's good, and quality was put into it, but I think it was made by someone, who then tried to make it look blurry and obscured it to give it "authenticity".
Here is the 4chan thread. If you scroll down you can see the clean image of it. I can also upload it here too.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/415899340#p415906850

Edit:
Alright here is the image:
MarioHammersMe

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
No, she specifically stated that she hasn't ben contacted in regards to Smash. Regardless, your point still stands. This really doesn't affect Rex and Pyra's chance.
Not too mention Xenoblade was the type of game with literally thousands of voice clips of her’s to use.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The leak was proven fake If I remember correctly?
It was posted a week ago on 4chan. Not only yesterday.
It original filename had something like "Hammer Render (Insert date that I forgot that was around March/February) by Nakamura"
Nakamura being a common name that appears quite a lot in the credits of Smash 4-

But in the end Someone pointed out that it looked awfully like the Sourcefilm maker shader-

D

Deleted member

Yeah, looks pretty fake to me. Proportions on Mario's body are really wonky, not to mention the effects on the hammer are clipping into his hand and arm.

Plus, the shading on his hat looks reaaaaaally weird. Especially around the M.

I honestly hope that absolutely nothing leaks this go around. Smash 4's hype was pretty much ruined for me when the ESRB leak got confirmed, and the DLC leak with Roy and Ryu was just "Ugh, why?" all the way around for me. Plus, it's probably a pretty crummy feeling for devs when stuff like that happens, so here's hoping we can actually be properly surprised this time. :D

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I know everyone has said this already...but I don't know what else people would expect her to say? If she said nothing or said I can't speak about it that would be a lot worse than what she did. She had to give that answer either way.

This unfortunately doesn't say much either way. Question from someone who hasn't played X2, if Pyra wasn't in but Rex was...how would he play? Every Moveset for him I've seen includes her so would he just be a basic big sword user???

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I know everyone has said this already...but I don't know what else people would expect her to say? If she said nothing or said I can't speak about it that would be a lot worse than what she did. She had to give that answer either way.

This unfortunately doesn't say much either way. Question from someone who hasn't played X2, if Pyra wasn't in but Rex was...how would he play? Every Moveset for him I've seen includes her so would he just be a basic big sword user???
She could've easily just not read the message aloud, or she could've just agreed, there was never a question asked they just said they hope she's in, to which she could've just said she'd like it as well rather than saying she didn't know if it was happening or not.

Rex would be shulk without monado arts, and with a grappling hook...bleh

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255

He'd be a fast falling shulk clone, with a tether grab. Side b would be rolling smash.
Pyra would be in the back ground like pokemon trainer used to be, and yell words of encouragement or scream in unison with rex when he gets hurt/KO'd.

Also, I think we can take what she said at face value. She could have just ignored that particular message or said "thanks for the donation". She went waaaaaay further than she had to if something was actually going on with her in smash and she was under NDA. She could have said "I'm not able to talk about that" like mr.yabuki did.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If that Mario graphic is real, which people seem to doubt, the hammer slam could be a tag-team attack that Mario uses when he switches in from another teammate.

Smash Switch should probably have a switch feature.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
How about this!

Let’s list our top 10 most wanted music tracks even they if don’t really fit in Smash. Obviously, only tracks from franchises eligible for Smash so no 4th and beyond. 10 top tracks! Ready, go!

1. I was kinda surprised we never got this track considering it can fit with just about any Metroid stage.
  2. A personal favorite of mine that I use to relax. Not exactly Smash material but would love to hear it in a Skyward Sword Theme for Smash.
Sure:

1. Porky Means Business
2. ARMS Theme Song
3. Meta Crystal Remix
4. Guile's Theme
5. Wang Tang's Theme
6. Kraken of the Sea
7. Champion Blue's Theme
8. Champion Iris' Theme
9. Knuckles' Theme (Sonic Adventure)
10. Angry Bowser

In no order

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The problem is even image links have little hold anymore because anyone with enough time and energy can make anything look real now lol

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Elma Mechanic (Dual Smashes): Elma's Smashes change depending on how far away an opponent is when the attack is executed. A faint translucent bubble appears when a Smash is started. If a character is within the bubble, Elma uses a dual blade Smash. Otherwise, she uses long-range (in most cases, longest) dual gun Smash.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Elma Mechanic (Dual Smashes): Elma's Smashes change depending on how far away an opponent is when the attack is executed. A faint translucent bubble appears when a Smash is started. If a character is within the bubble, Elma uses a dual blade Smash. Otherwise, she uses long-range (in most cases, longest) dual gun Smash.
This is more or less what I want from Elma , moves that change depending how close she is to opponnents similar to Ryu's final smash.

I'm not sure how big I am on a visual indicator like that, but it might be important to have.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think a Rex/Pyra mechanic could also use a sphere-of-influence idea.

Pyra is on the Z-Axis. She buffs specials and perhaps other attacks like throws or smashes if you are in her sphere-of-influence. Down Special repositions her. You can even have her hang out in the air as long as it is above the stage (can she levitate or use a jet propulsion system?).

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I want elma with a down b that changes her weapon from gun mode to sword mode, and that'd effect how her other moves work.

Or just make her an agile hybrid twin sword user with bullet art-esque moves strewn throughout.

Either way, she'll be super fun I think.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I think having the ability to swap her weapons would be really cool and unique. I'm not a huge fan of the game doing things automatically for the player.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Even though that image almost definitely is fake, I gotta say... The map he's on looks straight outta something from Captain Toad. Flat and blocky terrain. That WOULD tie in to our other noteworthy leak...

But yeah, that image just doesn't look right to me.

I think a Rex/Pyra mechanic could also use a sphere-of-influence idea.

Pyra is on the Z-Axis. She buffs specials and perhaps other attacks like throws or smashes if you are in her sphere-of-influence. Down Special repositions her. You can even have her hang out in the air as long as it is above the stage (can she levitate or use a jet propulsion system?).
Her existing on the X Axis like the Pokemon Trainer is actually a really good idea. But no, Pyra certainly isn't a floater/flyer. But they can make it work.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
As said before, she said she hasn't been contacted about it, not that she hasn't worked on it. So her clips would still be used without her knowledge if that statement was any indication, at least at this point in time.

And note, I'm not saying Pyra's not playable because of the statement as there are other possible reasons for why that could've happened (ex. she may've not been called in yet), I just don't think using her clips without her knowledge would be one of them as Nintendo does seem to want to get the actor's permission first.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
People discounting the Mario pic because of "weird limb proportions" or "clipping" just need to go hit pause during any other game of Smash. Limbs constantly change in size to make hit-boxes bigger on attacks, and Smash has weird clipping issues ALL THE TIME. Honestly, it'd look more fake if every thing was perfect :p

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think the only way something a VA/insider says can hold any water is if they come out and say they did work on Smash, because they're all under NDA and they're all going to deny their presence within the game for the sake of their career. Also, ignoring a donation question when you answer all the other donation questions would make it obvious you have information you can't share, so that's why Pyra's VA would have answered the question, regardless of whether she worked on it or not.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You know, I've actually been meaning to ask a question I've had for quiet some time - what is the thread title a reference to?

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
So as far as NDA stuff goes you have to deny everything, usually that would mean just not commenting, but she went further to say she hasnt been contacted at this time. Not saying they didn't just re-use voice clips if she is in the game but she said a bit more than a casual "thatd be cool" here so I think she is being honest as I've dealt with NDA stuff on movie sets before and you would want to say as little as possible as quickly as possible and instead she seemed to give her whole thoughts on the matter.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I think the only way something a VA/insider says can hold any water is if they come out and say they did work on Smash, because they're all under NDA and they're all going to deny their presence within the game for the sake of their career. Also, ignoring a donation question when you answer all the other donation questions would make it obvious you have information you can't share, so that's why Pyra's VA would have answered the question, regardless of whether she worked on it or not.
Except there was no question asked, the viewer said "I hope Pyra and Mythra get to be in Smash Bros and have amiibos", she didn't have to say all of that in response to that if it wasn't true, a simple "I hope so too" or "that would be cool" would've sufficed, and again she didn't have to read it aloud

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, I've actually been meaning to ask a question I've had for quiet some time - what is the thread title a reference to?
From what I understand Cyndane just wanted to have a little fun. The NintenZone Social's current title has been "The Road to E3" for a while now, while Guybrush runs the "Countdown to E3" thread, so there's a lot of pre-E3 hype.

So Cyndane mashed them all together for this thread's title. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom