• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Actually, I’d assume the roster was finalized by the end of 2016, so Sakurai might not have even been aware of the Moz Koshia DLC, since it wouldn’t come out for at least another year.

He was probably able the get word on new projects like ARMS and represent them, but maybe not DLC for a game that still wasn’t out.

The roster most likely being done by the start of 2017 is another reason I think we’re much more likely to get Decidueye or another Gen 7 rep than a Gen 8 rep, considering we still know nothing about it. Not sure if there would have existed solid concept art for Gen 8 at least 2 years before the game will launch (assuming it launches this Holiday at the very earliest).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Actually, I’d assume the roster was finalized by the end of 2016, so Sakurai might not have even been aware of the Moz Koshia DLC, since it wouldn’t come out for at least another year.

He was probably able the get word on new projects like ARMS and represent them, but maybe not DLC for a game that still wasn’t out.

The roster most likely being done by the start of 2017 is another reason I think we’re much more likely to get Decidueye or another Gen 7 rep than a Gen 8 rep, considering we still know nothing about it. Not sure if there would have existed solid concept art for Gen 8 at least 2 years before the game will launch (assuming it launches this Holiday at the very earliest).
I'm doubting that the process was the same for this game; it is nearly a given that we are going to get DLC for this game, and so there isnt really an end point to the roster creation.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think that we will not see anything more of Smash until E3 where they will blow the lid off of the project and then we will have a fast-paced and dense hype cycle between then and September. That'll allow Sakurai to do his whole post of the day thing again if he wants and it will not go stale as easily due to the smaller timeframe. It would also mean we could get something like 1 newcomer reveal each month, which would be nuts!
That's probably the case. I can see them reveal a lot of things at E3.
Fingers crossed that there won't be any big leaks or rumors before E3...

Also even though I don't really have any character wish list for now. However, I have been thinking how will Rex, or Pyra, or Mythra, or all of them be in the game...

By looking at past Smash Bros games, and have played Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I have some thoughts on how to make it possible for all of them to be in Smash.

The most possible way is go with the Pokemon Trainer style back in Brawl, technically Rex is the character name but he will have at most three Blades with him just like in the game (Or four if you count Pyra and Mythra as one. That leaves two Blade slots), and each Blade besides Pyra and Mythra will grant Rex different movesets.

Remember how Shulk an change Monado arts and his art symbol will appear on his character icon? Well... how we take that method and put it in Rex, then he will have the Blade chart appear on his character icon, it will show which Blade is ready and which Blade is not ready to swap, just like in the game. In order to change Blades, probably the :GCDpad:button will be the way to swap Blades just like in XC2, and yes that means Rex technically will have only one taunt move...

Anyways this is just my wishful thinking though...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With he talk of Gen 7 reps, it's he Great Pokemon debate: Cute Type (:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::pichumelee::squirtle:) or Cool Type (:4mewtwo::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja:) (Sorry :ivysaur:)

Example Decidueye (cool) vs Mimikyu (cute)

Which side do you fall on?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm doubting that the process was the same for this game; it is nearly a given that we are going to get DLC for this game, and so there isnt really an end point to the roster creation.
Oh I know. I’m just talking about the base game we’ll be getting by the end of the year.

As a pretty baseless prediction, I’d say DLC will start coming Spring next year, once the base game has started to settle a bit.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Honestly, this is the absolute last thing I want to see. LoZ has so many interesting, unique faces that the Smash team could capitalize on and make interesting movesets with. BoTW makes this even MORE pronounced by adding characters like the Champions who aren’t Hylian but have distinct personalities. Even beyond the Champions we have characters like Vaati, Skull Kid, Midna, Ruto... the list could go on and on. If we got Toon Zelda, yet another variation of the same damn character we’ve already seen two of, I would be beyond pissed.

Honest question: do people even like Zelda’s old moveset?
No, my really.

I honestly dislike Zelda's Smash portrayal in general.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I feel like when it comes to Zelda representation it's tricky. Like there are tons of popular one-off characters, but I know Sakurai takes into account relevancy at the time. So for characters like Skull Kid, as awesome as it would be, I feel like he has missed his window.

If we get a newcomer from Legend of Zelda, which I hope we do because it's time, I feel like the only realistic choices at this point are Impa or one of the Champions, which in that case, I'd want Urbosa.

But even with that being said, I feel like Link's moveset is going to change substantially, and that the champions will appear in his moveset. Although we still don't know how Link will be handled at all really.

My theory is they will change regular Link to fit BotW, and balance Toon Link a little bit, but keep his playstyle for people who prefer the original Link playstyle.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Honest question: do people even like Zelda’s old moveset?
I actually liked Zelda much better being able to transform into Sheik. I will use her huge smash power ariels to smash people after doing the damage as Sheik. I like her moveset other than the phantom armor, and if she going to be her own character, she needs some buffs.

Staarih

Smash Master
We all know how protective Sakurai is of the movesets (probably why Ganondorf hasn't changed much, and why Dr. Mario got his own slot), but I'm all in for BotW inspired revamps of Link and Zelda, it's essentially a new beginning for Zelda (franchise). In this case I could see a "Toon Zelda" happening to protect the old Zelda moveset much like Toon Link would for Link.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Relevancy might be less of a factor now since the window between Smash 4's release, arguably DLC and when Smash 6's roster must've been decided (which I'd think is around november 2016) is smaller, so now would be the time to really look for characters that "missed the boat" last Smash games and add the current gen "advertisement/relevancy" characters next game or as DLC.

Next to XenoBlade, Pockermon, BoTW and ARMS, there aren't much new characters created after Smash 4 (and even then the latter two games released after what I think is when the roster is decided).

So they might add mostly ballot characters now

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Zelda's current specials can easily be changed into the Champion's abilities

Nayru's Love changes into Daruk's Protection
Din's Fire, which was an AoE attack in Ocarina of Time, can change into Urbosa's Fury, with Zelda controlling a little lightning bolt
Farore's Wind can be changed into Revali's Gale
And that only leaves Mipha's Grace to be a drastically new move when compared to Phantom Slash
Oh my god, I've thought of the perfect idea for Mipha's Grace:

It's a sort of state that you go into, indicated by bubbles swirling around Zelda. If the next attack she takes is a deadly blow, the red and black lightning of the attack will be inverted to blue and white, all knockback would be nullified and she will be healed 1.25x the damage it would've done. The only problems are that she must be hit with a deadly blow for it to work and it only has 10 seconds of activity in addition to a 20 second cooldown.

Anything you'd change about it? Just let me know.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I completely disagree.

1. If it is a port, then that means that there are no major changes to the engine (probably just a balance patch);
2. If it is a port, then the teaser trailer was for DLC;
3. If it is a port, then it will be another monetary stab in the back of Wii U owners.

All these points make the difference between '110% hype can't wait for E3' if they are NOT true and '0% hype back to my PS4' if they ARE true.
1. On top of potential new game modes that they could add. Like they've done for the Mario Kart 8 port.
2. On what possible grounds are you basing this off of? The MK8 port and the Pokken port BOTH had new characters and new stages at launch!
3. To the ones that haven't already bought a Switch you mean. Let's not forget to mention that most of us were expecting a port to begin with.

There is literally no reason to care about this topic. Either way, you're going to get more content. If it's a port and you've only played one of the 2 smash4 games, then there's potential for most of that content, if not all, from both games to go into this one. On top of the free added content. And the free DLC characters. And the potential of Smash Run being used to its fullest potential.
If it's a new game, then you get the new content, on top of new features, on top of the potential of a new set of DLC characters (I mean, if that's a thing that excites you), with some more game modes and whatever new surprises Nintendo has in store for this. It's a win-win no matter what.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Next to XenoBlade, Pockermon, BoTW and ARMS, there aren't much new characters created after Smash 4 (and even then the latter two games released after what I think is when the roster is decided).

Xenoblade 2 and BotW were both far along enough in development to have high quality, story-filled trailers by January 2017, so I think they were far along enough to be incorporated into the roster. I’d say the same for ARMS, even though it’s January 2017 trailer was pretty bare bones and gave off the impression that it was a tech demo.

The fact that they only announced Pokémon Switch in the form of someone saying it in June 2017, I believe, means it was quite early in development by Winter 2016, if it even started at all.

GameFreak has also said it has two teams of developers working on the Pokémon series. There’s an older, more experienced team that made Sun and Moon, and a younger team that made Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Considering that the experienced team is the one making Pokémon Switch, it seems they would’ve been just coming off work on Sun and Moon around the time the roster was decided, so they may have no even begun work on the Switch game.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Even though I personally wanted a port a while back, I feel like the biggest drawback (for me) of having one is having the roster mostly set in stone, rather than being reworked (I personally want the roster to not be much larger than 60-65 characters at maximum, which is still enough for characters I'd want to be tacked on, but eh). Additionally I want to see significant reworks of some already existing veterans. (Which is confirmed with botw link). If a port delivers that, I'm good, regardless.

In the time I posted about wanting a port ages ago and now I kinda got bored of Smash 4 and want a fundamental shake-up. Smash 4 is freaking great and I'd come back to it regardless because it'd be a new product, but I still do kinda want the extra step of "this is a new age of smash".

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As a more aesthetic change...can we please just have Yuri Lowenthal voice Marth in the English version now? Please?

Marth speaking Japanese in Melee and Brawl was a nice reference to the fact that his games never got localized, but between Brawl and 4, Shadow Dragon got an English release. It was still passably okay in 4. After all, maybe they didn't want his English debut to be in Smash?

But now Yuri Lowenthal has voiced him in four different games (Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., Fire Emblem Fates, Fire Emblem Heroes, Fire Emblem Warriors), so having him STILL speak Japanese for the sake of "tradition" would stick out like a sore thumb and be completely unrepresentative of the series itself.

And have Ray Chase as Roy if he comes back, on a similar note.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Relevancy might be less of a factor now since the window between Smash 4's release, arguably DLC and when Smash 6's roster must've been decided (which I'd think is around november 2016) is smaller, so now would be the time to really look for characters that "missed the boat" last Smash games and add the current gen "advertisement/relevancy" characters next game or as DLC.

I think people are adhering too closely to how the roster was decided in Smash 4.

Since the option of porting data from Smash 4 is on the table, I don't think there was a lot of stress on Sakurai to have the roster finalized before development officially began. From a business perspective, it would make a lot of sense for Nintendo to encourage Sakurai to add characters from new and upcoming games. Those who end up purchasing Smash 5 might also end up buying games like BotW, Xenoblade 2, or Splatoon 2 if a related character from those games gets added (this works vice-versa too, with people who bought BotW possibly wanting Smash since BotW Link is in it). Seems like Nintendo would be more than willing to give Sakurai the access to the production of various upcoming games so he could possibly add a newcomer from that game and "advertise" them in Smash. Heck, we could even see a rep from FE16 or MP4.

Personally, I'm thinking more along the lines of Inkling, Spring Man, and a BotW character. While popular ballot choices might attract hardcore Smash fans, they only make up a small percentage of sales, and sticking closely to the ballot wouldn't attract nearly as many casuals as new and relevant characters from popular games would. I'm not denying the chances of any ballot character getting in Smash. I just don't think the ballot will be the focus.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
1. On top of potential new game modes that they could add. Like they've done for the Mario Kart 8 port.
2. On what possible grounds are you basing this off of? The MK8 port and the Pokken port BOTH had new characters and new stages at launch!
3. To the ones that haven't already bought a Switch you mean. Let's not forget to mention that most of us were expecting a port to begin with.

There is literally no reason to care about this topic. Either way, you're going to get more content. If it's a port and you've only played one of the 2 smash4 games, then there's potential for most of that content, if not all, from both games to go into this one. On top of the free added content. And the free DLC characters. And the potential of Smash Run being used to its fullest potential.
If it's a new game, then you get the new content, on top of new features, on top of the potential of a new set of DLC characters (I mean, if that's a thing that excites you), with some more game modes and whatever new surprises Nintendo has in store for this. It's a win-win no matter what.
While I mostly agree with you, I wouldn’t go as far as to say a port and Smash 5 would be close to the same thing.

Just for starters, if we’re looking at a port that was made in a year, we’re probably looking at like 5-10 new characters. If we’re looking at a full Smash 5 with a 2.5 year development cycle, we’re potentially looking at over 15 newcomers like the base games of Brawl and Smash 4 had, especially with this game not having development time and resources split over two platforms.

It goes beyond characters, to stages and mode, but you get my point.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I think people are adhering too closely to how the roster was decided in Smash 4.

Since the option of porting data from Smash 4 is on the table, I don't think there was a lot of stress on Sakurai to have the roster finalized before development officially began. From a business perspective, it would make sense for Nintendo to encourage Sakurai to add characters from new and upcoming games. People who end up purchasing Smash 5 might also end up buying BotW, Xenoblade 2, or Splatoon 2 if a character from those games gets added (this works vice-versa too).

Personally, I'm thinking more along the lines of Inkling, Spring Man, and a BotW character. While popular ballot choices might attract hardcore Smash fans, they only make up a small percentage of sales, and sticking closely to the ballot wouldn't attract nearly as many casuals as new and relevant characters from popular games.
I am very much still counting on Switch games like ARMS, BoTW and Splatoon 2 to be thoroughly represented in Smash Switch, but that's still way less than the amount of games released in the gap between Brawl's dev cycle and Smash 4's roster deciding.

With the ballot (which I mind you was dominated by someone not om the radar of "hardcore" Smash fans) being the biggest source of fan demand measurement Sakurai can get, less games that released in between the two games that need to be represented I think relevancy, while it gives us relative shoo-ins like XenoBlade character, isn't a neccesity that decides the entire roster

If there's a game which roster can give us characters that "missed the boat" for other games, it's Smash Switch, because after Rex + Pyra, Inklings, Spring Man and BoTWhatever there's plenty of room left

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I want so much for a Ganon/Ganondorf/Zelda villain that actually fights like a Zelda villain, and NOT like Captain Falcon.
Same here, but I have a feeling Ganon is not high on Sakurai's priority list. So we'll probably not see any changes, considering he's been barely touched over 3 games.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I am very much still counting on Switch games like ARMS, BoTW and Splatoon 2 to be thoroughly represented in Smash Switch, but that's still way less than the amount of games released in the gap between Brawl's dev cycle and Smash 4's roster deciding.
You're forgetting a lot of games that came out post-SSB4.

Star Fox Zero
Sun and Moon
BotW
ARMS
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade 2
Kirby Star Allies

Not all of these titles are likely to get a newcomer (looking at you, Zero), but it seems like there's about 5 or so reasonable newcomers you could pull from this stack of games. I think most of us can agree that ARMS, Xenoblade 2, and Sun/Moon are all likely candidates.

New games won't make up the entirety of the newcomers, but relevant characters will probably still make up a pretty large part of what we get.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
So, how about new Mario characters? I know we already have a lot, but...there's a lot of good Mario characters. They make up the most iconic, recognizable faces of Nintendo.

My personal favorite potential newcomer has been Paper Mario, because I love the idea of him incorporating a hammer-based moveset along with moves based on partners, paper abilities, star moves, and maybe even "things" from the newer games.

I also like the idea of Toad, as the most veteran main Mario character to not be playable. He's been adventuring with Mario and Luigi since near the beginning, and with Captain Toad, has his own distinct abilities.

As for Waluigi...I've really come around on him. I used to not be into the idea 'cause I thought "there were more important Mario characters to add," but now, with additions like Bowser Jr. and Rosalina, all that's left is fun extras, and I think Waluigi is a good choice for that.

However, I would feel bad if Waluigi made the cut, but not Daisy. She's been just as important, and she could utilize a plant-themed moveset, which we don't have yet.

Or maybe things totally out-of-the-box. Pauline utilizing song and dance moves? Cappy switching between the movesets of iconic Mario enemies? What do you think?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So, how about new Mario characters? I know we already have a lot, but...there's a lot of good Mario characters. They make up the most iconic, recognizable faces of Nintendo.

My personal favorite potential newcomer has been Paper Mario, because I love the idea of him incorporating a hammer-based moveset along with moves based on partners, paper abilities, star moves, and maybe even "things" from the newer games.

I also like the idea of Toad, as the most veteran main Mario character to not be playable. He's been adventuring with Mario and Luigi since near the beginning, and with Captain Toad, has his own distinct abilities.

As for Waluigi...I've really come around on him. I used to not be into the idea 'cause I thought "there were more important Mario characters to add," but now, with additions like Bowser Jr. and Rosalina, all that's left is fun extras, and I think Waluigi is a good choice for that.

However, I would feel bad if Waluigi made the cut, but not Daisy. She's been just as important, and she could utilize a plant-themed moveset, which we don't have yet.

Or maybe things totally out-of-the-box. Pauline utilizing song and dance moves? Cappy switching between the movesets of iconic Mario enemies? What do you think?
I could see Cappy or Pauline getting in and surprising everyone. It'd be hilarious to see Pauline running around whacking people with a microphone stand.

"Here we go! Off the rails! I'm gonna knock that wind right outta your sails! It's a type of pain you never knew!"

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Captain Toad is my personal choice, but Waluigi is a very close second...especially if he has his tennis outfit from Aces as an alt.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
I completely disagree.

1. If it is a port, then that means that there are no major changes to the engine (probably just a balance patch);
2. If it is a port, then the teaser trailer was for DLC;
3. If it is a port, then it will be another monetary stab in the back of Wii U owners.

All these points make the difference between '110% hype can't wait for E3' if they are NOT true and '0% hype back to my PS4' if they ARE true.
Same here. Being a huge fan of the series I bought Smash 4 on 3DS, Wii U, all of the DLC , and the GameCube adapter. If it's just a port then they WAY over did the trailer, I wasted over $200, and they a punishing their most loyal fans. If it is a port, it's back to the CRT for me.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
While I mostly agree with you, I wouldn’t go as far as to say a port and Smash 5 would be close to the same thing.

Just for starters, if we’re looking at a port that was made in a year, we’re probably looking at like 5-10 new characters. If we’re looking at a full Smash 5 with a 2.5 year development cycle, we’re potentially looking at over 15 newcomers like the base games of Brawl and Smash 4 had, especially with this game not having development time and resources split over two platforms.

It goes beyond characters, to stages and mode, but you get my point.
I mean, sure. But as far as I'm concerned It balances out with the prospect of none of your old characters getting cut along with most of the content from both games coming together. Plus, I'm pretty sure the development time for either a port or a new game would be exactly the same since Sakurai implied he was expected to work on a different project after the DLC was released. I think it's safe to assume that it would at best be "close enough", all things considered.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
OMG I hope we get "Wedding Bowser" skin, with the white suit and top hat <3

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
WALUIGI OR GET OUT

...Ok, I would actually love to see Paper Mario as well. TYD is my favorite game of all time (my username is proof on that front), and he could actually do a lot of things to be different from the Mario we’ve seen in past titles. Plus, another 2D, flat character would be cool.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

Of these, I'd vote Waluigi, mostly because I love random, off-beat fighters. I'm sure they'd have fun with making him playable.

Paper Mario I'd enjoy too.
Toad/Odyssey characters... less so, but I'd be open to a cool move-set.

My wildcard choice would be to add King Boo. He'd fight like no one before, adds another villain, and could even potentially split Luigi into his own mini-series as far as the game is concerned.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
What do you guys think the release month for this is? I’m thinking it could be September to coincide with Nintendo’s online service, or November since that is a hot release month for big Nintendo releases.
There are two reasons why it should be better for November

- My birthday month
- Christmas sales

Lord knows how to spike sales for Nintendo when it comes to Christmas season

D

Deleted member

Mario newcomers discussion?

Just give me Waluigi and I'd be happy kthxbye

D

Deleted member

Mario newcomers? That's easy, a character who can represent Odyssey.
And I can think of no better choice than

?????????????

Smash Master
My wildcard choice would be to add King Boo. He'd fight like no one before, adds another villain, and could even potentially split Luigi into his own mini-series as far as the game is concerned.
Ooh, I love the King Boo idea. One of my ideas with him was, instead of jumping, he has a "float." As you hold "Up" on the joystick, he just begins ascending, but he shrinks as he ascends. Once he's too small, he can no longer float, and the only way to recharge your float is to land on the stage. While on the ground, King Boo slowly gets bigger, to a certain maximum size.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Fundamental changes I want to see, regardless of roster

>Multiplayer online smash run
>Customs refined for competitive viability (i.e. customs safe to use at tournaments)
>Inklings replace Miis in customization and playable archetypes
>Removal of rage
>Replace rage with a "super meter" that charges passively, kinda like limit but you can't control it. Once this super meter fills you straight up get your final smash, available to use. Smash Balls instantly fill the meter if items are on.
>Final smashes are balanced for more counterplay at higher levels because of this.
>(Thanks Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 ): Final Smash input being A + B to avoid accidental use
I don't think there is a way to balance Final Smashes without radically changing them and losing what makes them so special.

Now, I like the idea of a gauge, and there is a way to make it work in Smash Bros.

Street Fighter V has the V-Trigger, which is powered by a gauge that fills up throughout a match. One the meter is filled, the character gets access to a special ability, that can range from buffs to their attack, a special movemen option, or a unique attack they would not otherwise have access to.

Ryu, for example, has the Denji Renkai which charges his fists with electrical energy and grants him access to the Denji Hadouken and other buffs.

Ken has access to a dash that lets him close the gap between him and his opponent.

So, how would this work in Smash? Well, I have some ideas of what a V-Trigger system would look like for certain characters.

Mario(Fire Mario)

Mario's fists are surrounded by flames which give all his attack fire properties, increases his damage, and makes his Forward Smash more powerful with a larger hitbox.

Luigi(Thunderhand)
Luigi's Fists are surrounded with electricity, giving all his attacks electrical properties, increasing their damage, and changing his specials. His Fire Ball becomes an orb of electricity, and his Super Jump Punch gains a large hitbox and is much more powerful than normal. Luigi also gains buffs to his speed while in this state.

Bowser(Dry Bowser)
Using the magic of Kamek, Bowser transforms into his Dry Bowser form. In this state, he gains constant armor, with some attacks giving his Super Armor, his jumps are much higher, and he gains the ability to throw bones, which replace his Fire Breath attack.

Rosalina and Luma(Power of the Cosmos)
Rosalina gains access to a Barrier, that can block most attacks. She also gains the ability to shoot Star Bits at oppoents.

Donkey Kong(Coconut Shooter)
Donkey Kong pulls out the Coconut Shooter from DK 64. This weapon shoots powerful coconuts that do insane knockback and cannot be reflected.

Marth(Shield of Seals)
Marth wears the Shield of Seals on this arm, which is known as the Fire Emblem in his world. The Shield will reflect any projectile that hits it(barring ones that cannot normally be reflected) and Marth's counter is replaced with a parry with the shield, which causes the attack to stagger, leaving them open to a follow-up attack.

Ike(Urvan)
Ike replaces Ragnell with his father's axe Urvan. Urvan is much stronger then Ragnell, and can break shield easily as well as giving Ike more powerful attacks and smashes.

I could pretty much go on for most of the cast, but this is the idea I would go with. A gauge that gives all of the cast a buff that lasts until their gauge is drained.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing we can say for certain, Smash for Switch will be sold as a brand new game. Otherwise they'd have just shown off the whole thing.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Mario is my favorite series, but the only Mario character left I really want in Smash is Paper Mario. Him and the music he'd bring along would be hype~

Mario newcomers? That's easy, a character who can represent Odyssey.
And I can think of no better choice than
She's too big and can't be shrunk down without misrepresenting her character.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I would take the rabbids (peach rabbid in particular) over waluigi. The mario raibbid game was a hit and this was the funniest character imo. Waluigi has not been in a nonsports mario game ever. I dont think nintendo views him as anything more than wario sports partner. There is no valid argument i can see for waluigi to be included in smash. Every inclusion in smash has a valid reason. Whether we want to talk about it or not.
Unpopular character choice:dark samus. Reason: prime 4.

?????????????

Smash Master
Waluigi has not been in a nonsports mario game ever.
I don't really think that matters any more. I think Mario Kart is just as iconic as any main Mario game, and there are plenty of Mario Party and sports games to consider any of their main recurring cast as long-standing Mario characters.

And Waluigi is pretty much in all of them.

D

Deleted member

Final Smashes are fine the way they are, balancing them with competitive play in mind will ruin what makes them so special and fun to use.
Mario is my favorite series, but the only Mario character left I really want in Smash is Paper Mario. Him and the music he'd bring along would be hype~

She's too big and can't be shrunk down without misrepresenting her character.
Well, so is your mum but they still allow her to play Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom