• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
You liked Chief and/or Travis?

I understand that. Chief was one of my four picks! Oh well, it was a long shot, and if there's a wave 2 there's a chance...another day.
Travis, not so much Chief as i honestly see him as an obstacle in the way of

This BEAUTIFUL son of a *****.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Wow its quiet. Forgive me I been hiding out awhile to not be spoiled but... How long has this thread been a Ghost Town?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
TBH I wouldn't mind a nerf on Roller if there really is a need for it, but I hear and see conflicting things about it. Makes it hard to tell if something legit needs to be done or if people are knee-jerking like with K. Rool.

Time will tell, I guess. It's not like nerfing Roller would even hurt Inkling that much, though; Nair, Fair, and D-Throw into Up-Air are all still great, and they would still have a great projectile and movement game.
It's not so much the roller that needs nerfing as it is the pitfall effect in general. It's way too good given how the grabs that induce the effect (i.e. K.Rool, ROB, etc.) requires you to close in, potentially whiff it, and get punished accordingly. Now imagine the Roller, except it activates up close immediately, has the same end result as some of the down grabs I mentioned with none of the drawbacks, and couple their dash-dancing and you are either going to get thrown off stage and Fair'd to death, or you get buried and charge-smashed to death. The thing is, they'd still be solid characters either way, but the pitfall mechanic itself is unforgiving and needs some fine-tuning.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's not so much the roller that needs nerfing as it is the pitfall effect in general. It's way too good given how the grabs that induce the effect (i.e. K.Rool, ROB, etc.) requires you to close in, potentially whiff it, and get punished accordingly. Now imagine the Roller, except it activates up close immediately, has the same end result as some of the down grabs I mentioned with none of the drawbacks, and couple their dash-dancing and you are either going to get thrown off stage and Fair'd to death, or you get buried and charge-smashed to death. The thing is, they'd still be solid characters either way, but the pitfall mechanic itself is unforgiving and some fine-tuning.
Yeah, I could see the effect itself being the problem rather than the move. K. Rool's is especially cheesy, as it kills at like 50%.

Thanks for the in-depth response!

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Created another art to support Agumon in Smash.
Hope you guys like it

View attachment 184114
Constructive criticism coming your way: Wouldn't it make more sense to put Agumon side-by-side with Pokemon Trainer's team? You could showcase his base form, Greymon, and Wargreymon at the end with Charizard, to juxtapose how both series' handle "evolution".

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Couple days ago. THere was a 2 hour No More Heroes stream and Suda literally started with "Travis isn't going to be in Smash, maybe next time"
Ah.

Well looks like Travis, Dante and Master Chief can then join Ashley, Isaac, Shadow, Skull Kid and Waluigi in the grave.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Constructive criticism coming your way: Wouldn't it make more sense to put Agumon side-by-side with Pokemon Trainer's team? You could showcase his base form, Greymon, and Wargreymon at the end with Charizard, to juxtapose how both series' handle "evolution".
Yeah...
But i think Pikachu is more iconic for this.
I don't know why.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yeah...
But i think Pikachu is more iconic for this.
I don't know why.
I believe it's the most advertised one so that makes it a mascot of sorts, yeah. Maybe include an alternate version as well?

Yeah, I could see the effect itself being the problem rather than the move. K. Rool's is especially cheesy, as it kills at like 50%.

Thanks for the in-depth response!
K.Rool's can be waggled out of at that percentage. I'd say that at around 70% or higher is where you might need to be careful. The one advantage to fighting K.Rool though is that he's everywhere online. I do exceptionally better against him than with rarer characters.

And of course, dude!

That Dante ain't in essentially. Unless we've got NDAs that allow for folk to lie.
Literally every Dev, Director, Producer, etc. ever approached for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate news (so far) that has said "no" to whatever they're approached for, has actually meant No. In fact, Kamiya lowkey deconfirmed him already, BUT there is a silver lining to supporters like me. It implies that Kamiya M I G H T approach Sakurai and negotiate a second Fighter's Pass. They already have good relations outside the clock, so it's just a matter of "When" at this point. I figured it's worth bringing this up as to hype responsibly.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I believe it's the most advertised one so that makes it a mascot of sorts, yeah. Maybe include an alternate version as well?

K.Rool's can be waggled out of at that percentage. I'd say that at around 70% or higher is where you might need to be careful. The one advantage to fighting K.Rool though is that he's everywhere online. I do exceptionally better against him than with rarer characters.

And of course, dude!

Literally every Dev, Director, Producer, etc. ever approached for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate news (so far) that has said "no" to whatever they're approached for, has actually meant No. In fact, Kamiya lowkey deconfirmed him already, BUT there is a silver lining to supporters like me. It implies that Kamiya M I G H T approach Sakurai and negotiate a second Fighter's Pass. They already have good relations outside the clock, so it's just a matter of "When" at this point. I figured it's worth bringing this up as to hype responsibly.
Err, Kamiya currently has nothing to do with Dante.

You'll be looking more for Itsuno and co. for deconfirmations.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Exactly! And even later on, there was another hit against Dante in October!

Yeah, that late in? Definitely not looking good for Dante's chances.

D

Deleted member

Wow its quiet. Forgive me I been hiding out awhile to not be spoiled but... How long has this thread been a Ghost Town?
To be blunt, forums as a whole are pretty much dying, especially with sites like Reddit and twitter rising in popularity relatively recently.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
DAMN IT

He was a long shot but he was a long shot that would’ve been in its own league of crazy Smash additions. I don’t even know who to rally behind at this point...
The only time we'd ever see Master Chief in Smash is if competing console companies find a middle ground where cross-promotion of each other's 1st-party mascots helps each other as opposed to being financially-suicidal for either side. Like, in a future where both Nintendo and Microsoft openly support the notion of owning both consoles per consumer's home, like a glorious mix of red and green (helps these two colors compliment each other).

Err, Kamiya currently has nothing to do with Dante.

You'll be looking more for Itsuno and co. for deconfirmations.
I am well aware of that, but consider that Kamiya has a seat in Smash at the moment. He would know if Dante is in the game (or not) by now, considering Bayonetta's placement in it, as with the other Bayonetta-related content.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So.....

3rd Party RIP List so far

Travis Touchdown
Master Chief
Dante
Every other Sega rep?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yeah, duh, I know.

I'm asking why Ninendo's pairing me with em.
Nintendo's trying to tell you that they support "Idon x Japanese Peach Player"

To that I say...THE SHIP HAS SAILED!

Apparently my perfect Smash game has 100 unique characters and like 15 echoes.

Good grief lol
Until every ****poster and fandom is satisfied, the perfect Smash game will never exist.

Except fans who support non-videogame characters. Those are Never-Evers <:v

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Nintendo's trying to tell you that they support "Idon x Japanese Peach Player"

To that I say...THE SHIP HAS SAILED!

Until every ****poster and fandom is satisfied, the perfect Smash game will never exist.

Except fans who support non-videogame characters. Those are Never-Evers <:v
I think mine is fairly close for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom