• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Has this been discussed?

Apparently a 4chan leak had been deleted shortly after it was posted, which has some speculating means something.

My counter?
Real leaks on 4chan existed that HAVEN'T been deleted, most notably the one that included Piranha Plant in the Smash Direct for November.
So what would make this one special instead of perhaps the original poster deleting it themselves to make it seem like damage control?
..........Reimu AND Frisk?

I'm calling fake just because I don't want to get my hopes up.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Has this been discussed?

Apparently a 4chan leak had been deleted shortly after it was posted, which has some speculating means something.

My counter?
Real leaks on 4chan existed that HAVEN'T been deleted, most notably the one that included Piranha Plant in the Smash Direct for November.
So what would make this one special instead of perhaps the original poster deleting it themselves to make it seem like damage control?
you know you can delete your own threads on 4chan right

"pruned or deleted" applies to both self-destructs and mod destructs

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Has this been discussed?

My counter?
-Luminary
-Steve
-Frisk
-Reimu

Honestly, just seeing Reimu in that lineup is too good to be true for me. We're also looking at a 4chan post, so it means nothing, but I don't think Reimu's chances in particular are entirely unrealistic (she's one of my Most-Wanted characters, after all).

What we actually need is proper patch notes ala Roy/Ryu/Lucas to get any full confirmations.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you say you can't delete your own posts on 4chan then you've probably either barely been on 4chan or never been on 4chan.

Literally in the FAQ.

Shroob

Sup?
I've seen wayyy too many "BUT THE THREAD WAS DELETED!!!11!!!!" posts to trust 4chan "Oh **** the thread was deleted, it means Ninteninjas!"

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
If you say you can't delete your own posts on 4chan then you've probably either barely been on 4chan or never been on 4chan.

Literally in the FAQ.
Never read the 4chan faq, tbh. I just happened to never see it as an option in my memory.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I've been inactive for quite a while, though I lurked a bit in the meanwhile.

Anyway, it seems that some hours ago there was a discussion about Kirby newcomers with Adeleine involved somehow, and I wasn't here :088:

I feel like any Kirby newcomer is unlikely right now, but part of me still hopes that the missing spirits of Adeleine and Ribbon mean something for DLCs.
She would have a gimmicky gameplay based on traps and ranged attacks similar to Villager, and her moveset would be full of references of popular enemies from the Kirby series.

Though, I think Sakurai is pushing for Marx... not in this game, maybe in the next one. He put him as a boss so he can get more popularity, and then...
I dunno, maybe it's just me.
He even gave him new moves with the same creepy factor as 0 and 0^2; insane eyes and those branches-things made of nerves or something; it seems like an attempt to give to Marx those traits that the Dark Matters are praised for.

This said, I recently started to play as Villager a bit more seriously (still Smash 4). I never played as him in the past, I never cared... though, some days ago, I decided to try him, to try to understand the timing and the strategies... well, I'm not a pro but I learned a lot. I love to trick the enemy into a growing tree XD Only played him against Lv9 CPUs at the moment though.... some are very easy to defeat, some others like Doctor Mario gave me a lot of problems.
Kirby may be weaker but it can easily adapt to almost any opponent (maybe Villager too, it's just that I'm not good enough with him yet).

D

Deleted member

you know you can delete your own threads on 4chan right

"pruned or deleted" applies to both self-destructs and mod destructs
Are you responding to me or the video?
Because I clearly brought up the possibility the original poster could have easily deleted it themselves.

That being said...it wasn't actually deleted.
I checked.
It was archived, which Blocked Content doesn't seem to understand how it works.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/443977884/#443977884

D

Deleted member

We're also looking at a 4chan post, so it means nothing
Bear in mind that there was a 4chan post that claimed the last reveals were going to be Incineroar, Ken, and Piranha Plant that was completely ignored until after November's Direct.

So 4chan posts don't mean "nothing". There's always that nugget of gold somewhere buried in that pile of cow pie. :V

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Honestly, as much as I love Undertale, I don't think a character, let alone Frisk, would be put in the game for a few reasons.
1) It would be hard to implement the main hook of Undertale, being that the game can be completed by being a complete pacifist.
2) Frisk by name alone would be a spoiler for the game.
3) Though I bet Toby Fox loves Smash Bros, considering his love of EarthBound and referencing Smash Bros almost by name, I don't think he'd want a character in the game..Spirits or a Level maybe, but I don't think he'd want a character for the first reason, personally.

D

Deleted member

1) It would be hard to implement the main hook of Undertale, being that the game can be completed by being a complete pacifist.
The point of MGS is stealth and usually finding non-lethal methods of dispatching enemies if possible.

In Smash, Snake is a goddamn Demoman.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if we got Sans & Papyrus over Frisk, as they seem to be the main popular characters and are even used for marketing stuffs, being used as the game's faces alongside other side-characters sometimes (aside from Anime Cat Girl for the Switch version).

Heh, Undertale's trailer theme is an extended version of Bonetrousle.

Honestly, as much as I love Undertale, I don't think a character, let alone Frisk, would be put in the game for a few reasons.
2) Frisk by name alone would be a spoiler for the game.
3) Though I bet Toby Fox loves Smash Bros, considering his love of EarthBound and referencing Smash Bros almost by name, I don't think he'd want a character in the game..Spirits or a Level maybe, but I don't think he'd want a character for the first reason, personally.
Porky is a spoiler for Mother 3, and Smash is like a sporting event for living toys, not a genocidal psychopath causing havoc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Counterpoint. Cloud over Noctis/Lightning in Smash 4 DLC
Counterpoint.

Cloud was the most voted FF character on the Ballot, which is why he was specifically chosen.

Also Noctis' game hadn't been yet RELEASED.

Last edited by a moderator:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Counterpoint.

Cloud was the most voted FF character on the Ballot, which is why he was specifically chosen.
I'd argue that the ballot is irrelevant at this point. Either way, No. I doubt that Cloud was chosen because of the ballot. I don't think any of Smash 4's DLC characters were chosen as a result of the ballot to begin with

D

Deleted member

I'd argue that the ballot is irrelevant at this point. Either way, No. I doubt that Cloud was chosen because of the ballot. I don't think any of Smash 4's DLC characters were chosen as a result of the ballot to begin with
Oh, you're on the "Sakurai was bull****ting us" camp.

I'm not continuing this then.

Shroob

Sup?

It's hard to think otherwise when we know that the dlc files were put in like, 1-2 weeks after the ballot was announced, to be frank.

I don't think the ballot was anything more than to be a gauge for this game myself.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Counterpoint.

Also Noctis' game hadn't been yet RELEASED.
wasnt :ultsimon::ultrichter: just "Castlevania"

wouldnt that suggest the idea that :ultcloud: was "Final Fantasy"

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Bull****ting isn't the word I would use. I think the truth was bent. Cloud likely was the most voted FF character on the Ballot, but that's not why he was chosen for DLC. I also think Bayonetta did 'well' on the ballot. I just don't think she hits top in Europe/Top 5 in the US without major exclusions which they admitted happened.

D

Deleted member

It's hard to think otherwise when we know that the dlc files were put in like, 1-2 weeks after the ballot was announced, to be frank.

I don't think the ballot was anything more than to be a gauge for this game myself.
Sakurai the Liar said:
Sakurai: This isn’t an exact number, but among the requests for a Final Fantasy character to appear in Smash, around ¼ to ⅓ of the requests we got from fans were for Cloud. [TN1] I really wanted to answer the desires of those fans, and even though I thought it would be impossible, I reached out anyway, just to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom