• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
Announcing a big DLC character literally the day before Smash comes out makes a lot of sense.

If they announce Sora, you can bet there are people who will buy the game, and then proceed to buy the DLC, just for him.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Rhythm Heaven already has like 6 spirits...And yet no character, stage or assist trophy representation
Something's up here...
Maybe this but... Is Doritos and Mtn Dew sponsoring Smash Bros?
Doritos Pope for Smash

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Announcing a big DLC character literally the day before Smash comes out makes a lot of sense.

If they announce Sora, you can bet there are people who will buy the game, and then proceed to buy the DLC, just for him.
THIS arguement i can get behind. Money in the bank for sure if they did it.. And alot more money than if it was an DQ Rep cuz that franchise, as much as i love it, is not really all that big outside japan..

beans

Smash Lord
Yo, I need more conspiracy theory- so let's add on the VGA-

Source

:denzel:
New and evolving huh...
Fortnite Default drops in
Fortnite is recent, relevant, with an already massive player base.
Fortnite DESERVES to be in Smash. I demand Default Fortnite Skin to get in. Fortnite's fanbase in the Smash comunity is opressed and they've been asking for their character for a long time. /s to the core of the Earth

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Not only that, but I don't think Nintendo can go for long by playing blind with the Fighter Pass, they need something to make people buy it, at least the people on the fence- What's the point to show it now if the first fighter from said pass will be shown like...3/4 months after the game release?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
New and evolving huh...
Fortnite Default drops in
Fortnite is recent, relevant, with an already massive player base.
Fortnite DESERVES to be in Smash. I demand Default Fortnite Skin to get in. Fortnite's fanbase in the Smash comunity is opressed and they've been asking for their character for a long time. /s to the core of the Earth
Nope. Exterminatus.
Edit: Maybe i should be the Ultramarine for Smash guy since we got fifty Sora for Smashers, a Zoe Trent, A Yoshi/Boshi, and an Agumon... And some youtuber i honestly never watched before..

Last edited:

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman

Same with Dragon Quest, they are equal contenders

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Now that it’s known :ultroy: speaks English now (has his Heroes voice actor Ray Chase), alongside :ultmarth: and pretty much :ultzelda: getting in on the action, :ultcloud: is the only fighter to speak full sentences in Japanese for us Americans...he is a loner

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
THIS arguement i can get behind. Money in the bank for sure if they did it.. And alot more money than if it was an DQ Rep cuz that franchise, as much as i love it, is not really all that big outside japan..
Besides, no DQ character would make its fanbase in Japan try even harder to ask for anything from that franchise to make it in Smash, which would be a boon. Then they'll realise how much patience is a virtue for us.

So hey, in that sense, Sora would be the best case scenario. Also, who wouldn't want Sora in a game made by Sora? :ultpit:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Now that it’s known :ultroy: speaks English now (has his Heroes voice actor Ray Chase), alongside :ultmarth: and pretty much :ultzelda: getting in on the action, :ultcloud: is the only fighter to speak full sentences in Japanese for us Americans...he is a loner
Jokes on you, I'm not American. :p

Though it's ironic, considering Cloud is one of the most popular FF characters among English-speaking fans.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Same with Dragon Quest, they are equal contenders
Dragon Quest is a giant franchise in Japan, but not worldwide.
Kingdom Hearts is popular everywhere. One of the most succesful "modern" franchises.
After Piranha Plant I think that newcomer discussion is a bit stupid, but they're not equal contenders because they're equally relevant, but because "newcomer priority" have no sense.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
The thing that gives DQ an edge here is that NINTENDO does the DLC, not Sakurai unlike previous DLC.

I feel like if Nintendo decides who is going to be the next SE rep, its going to be DQ as it has better relationship with Nintendo than KHs.

Hopefully Nintendo decides Sora fits it in..

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
If SF got another unique i would SO love it to be Chun Li... or Cody. But that's more a Final Fight Rep.
Chun Li id very important and often comes to mind when I think of SF. I'm a fan of mayor Cody ^^
Also out of 500

NOTHING FROM SQUARE

MAN **** YA'LL!

I'm sorry... that was unnecessary I just like Kefka and the FF7 gang and I'm a little upset.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Chun Li id very important and often comes to mind when I think of SF. I'm a fan of mayor Cody ^^
Also out of 500

NOTHING FROM SQUARE

MAN **** YA'LL

I'm sorry...
Look on the bright side, if spirits DO deconfirm (RIP Shantae) then it leaves the door open for them for literally anyone.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
The thing that gives DQ an edge here is that NINTENDO does the DLC, not Sakurai unlike previous DLC.

I feel like if Nintendo decides who is going to be the next SE rep, its going to be DQ as it has better relationship with Nintendo than KHs.

Hopefully Nintendo decides Sora fits it in..
Completely agree.
I could see Sakurai wanting Sora in Smash Bros, he is a gamer after all.
Nintendo itself will always consider the company first.

Wow... so no Bandana Dee in over 500 Spirits ?
I think this may be Dixie's rippest of R.I.Ps :sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes:
I can see Nintendo chosing a Kirby character as the last DLC, as a present to Sakurai. And I can also see Sakurai explaining he doesn't picked newcomers because of this.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
NOTHING FROM SQUARE

MAN **** YA'LL
Insert how the Moon spirit is the same as the Moon player Icons, meaning that there is a chance that Geno is a spirit and that spirit can be player icons

Ahem. Now I'll wait for the 10 people to go ape**** for that

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Too cheapskate to lend anything.

Or too broke, don't know which it is right now. :urg:
Konami is broke but look at them!

All this sexy Metal Gear mania.

Insert how the Moon spirit is the same as the Moon player Icons, meaning that there is a chance that Geno is a spirit and that spirit can be player icons

Wait... baby Geno? Is that you?

Last edited:

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895

I thought player spirits werent equip-able

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Completely agree.
I could see Sakurai wanting Sora in Smash Bros, he is a gamer after all.
Nintendo itself will always consider the company first.

Wow... so no Bandana Dee in over 500 Spirits ?
I think this may be Dixie's rippest of R.I.Ps :sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes:
I can see Nintendo chosing a Kirby character as the last DLC, as a present to Sakurai. And I can also see Sakurai explaining he doesn't picked newcomers because of this.
"SAKURAI BIA--"
"Ah, no, you see, it wasn't me this time, Nintendo insisted"
"Oh, at least it's not a FE newcomer"

That said, the Rool more than makes up for the lack of Dixie for me this time. I can be very patient.

Konami is broke but look at them!

All this sexy Metal Gear mania.

Wait... baby Geno?
Well, they do got some leverage. :ultrichter:

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
"SAKURAI BIA--"
"Ah, no, you see, it wasn't me this time, Nintendo insisted"
"Oh, at least it's not a FE newcomer"

That said, the Rool more than makes up for the lack of Dixie for me this time. I can be very patient.

Well, they do got some leverage. :ultrichter:
Nice try, Sakurai literally said he was reluctant to put Corrin in, and people still chalked it up to Sakurai Bias(TM).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
To be honest I'll probably enjoy Ultimate more as a Kirby game then I enjoyed Star Allies itself, but maybe that's just because I don't have anyone to play the latter with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom