• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
@GothFluttershy We're at one left and they lost interest again like yesterday.. At this point i say we wait like 20 more minutes and if nobody replies to this I'll take the last slot pick myself.. Was my idea in the first place so... :p

D

Deleted member

Yay! May I see the roster so far?
I haven't even started. :facepalm:
But here's the list!
  1. Zoe Trent
  2. Marina Liteyears
  3. Crash Bandicoot
  4. Rex and Pyra
  5. Ryu Hayabusa
  6. Ashley
  7. Stan Lee
  8. Celica
  9. Cats
  10. Sora
  11. Tap Trial Girl
  12. Doomguy
  13. Henry Fleming
  14. Captain Syrup
  15. Dovahkiin
  16. Kunio
  17. Tails
  18. Solaire
  19. Rottytops
  20. Riku
  21. Zoroark
  22. Morag Ladair
  23. Phoenix Wright
  24. KOS-MOS
  25. Sakura Shinguji

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
But here's the list!
  1. Zoe Trent
  2. Marina Liteyears
  3. Crash Bandicoot
  4. Rex and Pyra
  5. Ryu Hayabusa
  6. Ashley
  7. Stan Lee
  8. Celica
  9. Cats
  10. Sora
  11. Tap Trial Girl
  12. Doomguy
  13. Henry Fleming
  14. Captain Syrup
  15. Dovahkiin
  16. Kunio
  17. Tails
  18. Solaire
  19. Rottytops
  20. Riku
  21. Zoroark
  22. Morag Ladair
  23. Phoenix Wright
  24. KOS-MOS
  25. Sakura Shinguji
Good now get to work :p I don't got the roster builder anymore since i had to reinstall windows and lost it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
But here's the list!
  1. Zoe Trent
  2. Marina Liteyears
  3. Crash Bandicoot
  4. Rex and Pyra
  5. Ryu Hayabusa
  6. Ashley
  7. Stan Lee
  8. Celica
  9. Cats
  10. Sora
  11. Tap Trial Girl
  12. Doomguy
  13. Henry Fleming
  14. Captain Syrup
  15. Dovahkiin
  16. Kunio
  17. Tails
  18. Solaire
  19. Rottytops
  20. Riku
  21. Zoroark
  22. Morag Ladair
  23. Phoenix Wright
  24. KOS-MOS
  25. Sakura Shinguji
Rottytops but no Shantae?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Yep, MGS2 is underrated IMHO, maybe im going to replay it while waiting for Smash Bros Ultimate.
I played MGS2 not long after E3 to celebrate Snake's return to the Smash franchise

Played Ocarina of Time and Super Metroid for Ganondorf and Ridley respectively too

Beat all of 'em over the course of one weekend

D

Deleted member

Could Vergeben’s sources know about similar stuff to the Luigi’s Mansion 3 tease?

If they do, maybe that could help the chances of a F-Zero title happening, if it is related to the Blue Falcon in World Of Light.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Oh, on another note, for those who still think PP is getting a stage.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ould_know_about_super_smash_bros_ultimate_dlc

Apart from that, with DLC development seemingly ending by 2020 and no planned polls, I wonder exactly how one would go about loudly getting companies to know about character support, moving forward (preferably without whining). Though Sakurai and co. do deserve a long break after this is overwith, the Switch ain't going anywhere.

You're sleeping on Clint and Annie, pardner.
The thing is with Harvest Moon, it's actually called Story of Seasons. The evil american Natsume stole the legal rights to the harvest moon name but does not make a Harvest Moon quality game.

Red Pilled

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
But here's the list!
  1. Zoe Trent
  2. Marina Liteyears
  3. Crash Bandicoot
  4. Rex and Pyra
  5. Ryu Hayabusa
  6. Ashley
  7. Stan Lee
  8. Celica
  9. Cats
  10. Sora
  11. Tap Trial Girl
  12. Doomguy
  13. Henry Fleming
  14. Captain Syrup
  15. Dovahkiin
  16. Kunio
  17. Tails
  18. Solaire
  19. Rottytops
  20. Riku
  21. Zoroark
  22. Morag Ladair
  23. Phoenix Wright
  24. KOS-MOS
  25. Sakura Shinguji
Y'all missed me saying Sans too. NBD though. This roster is disgusting either way.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I played MGS2 not long after E3 to celebrate Snake's return to the Smash franchise

Played Ocarina of Time and Super Metroid for Ganondorf and Ridley respectively too

Beat all of 'em over the course of one weekend
I will say that it was nice to hear Dead Yell Cell is coming back.

The thing is with Harvest Moon, it's actually called Story of Seasons. The evil american Natsume stole the legal rights to the harvest moon name but does not make a Harvest Moon quality game.

Red Pilled
Ok, but I was talking about roster picks (specifically Wild Guns). :dizzy:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Ooo, I wanna try my hand at thinking up potential Spirit Battles.

Opponent: Giant King K. Rool
Rule: Earthquake; Item Tidal Wave
Stage: Boxing Ring
Conditions: Timed Stamina Battle; The enemy is invisible; The enemy can only be damaged with the help of a Super Mushroom
A reptile that is gigantic and invisible... in a boxing ring...

Man, you guys are better at this than I am. I can't imagine what you're talking about.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
hey guys anyone else like video games

ok now that the girls have stopped reading lets discuss why goku deserves to be in smash before anyone else
Because Pit can turn Super Angel and Sonic can become Super Sonic...Goku needs to teach those two not to take his ****

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Donkey Kong 64's final battle. The last phase has you defeat K. Rool as Hunky Chunky, while the former is invisible.
Aw, damn, Krusha Rool. I kept thinking it would be someone besides K. Rool. Should've known that it fit too well not to be just that.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
i think you? missed the point of this post?

just because YOU like minecraft and want steve in smash, doesn't mean he's instantly popular with everyone because of that. to a lot of people he comes off as a corporate ad instead of someone who would actually be in smash bros. you can talk about sales and popularity, but the amount of people that really like smash bros and really like minecraft aren't as big as you think they are.

smash bros is inherently corporate as a series, its easy to use it to sell stuff, as we saw with smash 4, but people don't like being reminded that corporatism is in their media. it ruins the fun of it, and a lot of people do see minecraft as a corporate, soulless product (even if it really isn't (though i do know hardcore minecraft fans really do not like some of the recent stuff)). steve doesn't fit alongside mario and link, because to most people those characters are something special, transcending the boundaries products. and there are probably people who think of steve like that... but a lot of people who play smash grew up with these characters rather than with minecraft

i don't hate minecraft at all, i think its a very deep game (that is also better than breath of the wild), but i don't want steve because he just doesn't really belong. that's basically what it comes down to for most people, corporatism. the info of nintendo selecting the characters really does not help with this either, and just makes it more apparent

another big problem is nobody is actually capable of picturing what a potential steve set would even be like. steve can't really do a whole lot without making the set really, really weird, and they still have to develop the character within the boundaries of what they can do with the engine. with a character that has such abstract potential, its difficult to actually make any conversation relating to the character himself, which means that the most people can talk about him is about how popular minecraft is and why he should/shouldn't be in, which adds nothing to conversations about him

and i said this before, but if verge hadn't leaked that we were getting minecraft content, we would not be talking about steve outside of weird wants and jokes. he isn't a character people really... wants in smash, in a "true sense". its not like shulk or little mac, or even k rool or ridley. that also adds more issues since people will inevitable start saying that steve took the slot of their favorite character. i'm bound to do that when waddle dee doesn't get in

basically chill the **** out and get that big sales numbers doesn't mean people should want a character in smashed brothers
I think you misinterpreted the point of my post.

For one, I don't care if Steve gets into Minecraft or not. Don't accuse me of blind fanboyism, especially when you admit that you yourself will be guilty of it (See: highlight Waddle Dee comment). For another, your argument doesn't hold up.

You seem to forget that during the days of Sm4sh speculation no request was more common on Miiverse than Minecraft Steve. Within our little bubble here Steve isn't popular, but outside that bubble Steve is actually quite popular. There are a lot of casual fans that play Minecraft that would love to see Steve in Smash Bros., and while we may laugh at them, their opinions are equally as valid as ours, especially because they'd pay to play as Steve.

Your argument of "Steve is corporate and doesn't belong" is purely opinion. Could Steve be seen as a corporate addition? Yes, in the same way that Cloud was a corporate addition for Square Enix, or Bayonetta a corporate addition for Nintendo and Sega. The fact of the matter is that Minecraft is Microsoft's largest IP, and we know that Sakurai goes for the large picks.

Also, you don't think Sakurai and his team can come up with a fun and creative moveset for Steve? Especially with all the cool **** in Minecraft? Let me remind you about the movesets Sakurai has made over the years:
  • Captain Falcon, who wasn't seen outside of his car before Smash 64
  • Ice Climbers, whose only moves in their original game was a jump and a basic hammer swing
  • R.O.B., who wasn't even a video game character and whose only function was essentially to move tops
  • Duck Hunt Dog, who only laughed at you in the Duck Hunt game
  • AND A ****ING POTTED PLANT
You and others may not be able to come up with a moveset for Steve, but Sakurai and his team definitely can. It's as he said:
have you ever made a game?

Finally, do you think Sakurai and his team will really care about people getting mad over their picks? Not as much as you think they will. The only people mad about Steve would, again, be the core Smash fanbase, which is only a bubble within the wider scene. Even then, it'd only be a vocal minority who'd really be mad.

Basically, you need to chill and give me an actual argument, and not an opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom