• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Marx is NOT a recurring villain.

He was villain in one game and it's remake. He's no more special than Magolor, Daroach, Susie and Dark Matter. And his appearance in Star Allies, would have happened ages after the roster was decided. At least with Bandana Dee, he was in the base game so Sakurai might have seen his plans to playable. Marx was dlc and therefore a late addition.

And Bandana Dee is the fourth core Kirby character. He is constantly grouped with Kirby, King Dedede and Meta Knight. Having someone else when we still have a core member left is insulting.

I swear people who expect Marx don't even play many Kirby games. I saw someone say he has a backstory when he doesn't. He just shows up and tricks Kirby.
There’s a bit of follow-up conversation where I clarified I meant more so that he was a villain and he’d recurred in the series, not that he was a main villain multiple times. Plus the fact that villains/rivals have gotten into Smash series before “core” characters before. I also never said I expect Marx, just a hope.

I was also the one that said he had a backstory :p

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's a hypothetical: Multiple characters from a 3rd party franchise are allowed and to make things fair, every franchise has to have two characters.

Who would be the second one for existing ones and who'd accompany the main character for any additional 3rd party series?
(To make things a bit more interesting, let's say Pac-Man's verse covers all Namco arcade games, Mega Man's covers all sub-series and Final Fantasy isn't restricted to just 7)

My picks

Sonic: Tails
Pac-Man: Dig-Dug
Mega Man: Zero

Street Fighter: Chun-li
Final Fantasy: Black Mage (or if only named characters, Terra)
Bayonetta: Jaunne

Metal Gear: Venom Snake

Rayman: (Rayman &) Barbra
Shantae: (Shantae &) Risky Boots
Shovel Knight: (Shovel Knight &)... this one's a bit tricky.
Sonic: Tails or Knuckles, I wouldn't really care
Pac-Man: Same Dig Dug
Mega Man: Mega Man X or EXE
Street Fighter: Chun-Li
Final Fantasy: Terra
Bayonetta: Rodin

Graizen

Smash Champion
Pacman and Agumon
Digimon is one of the biggest franchises Bandai Namco have, and had a rivalry with Pokémon.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
As for Shulk and Cloud, I feel like they were the main reason of why the "Anime Characters with Swords" trope is prevalent. They are by far the most common type of fighter in Smash. Cloud also has rights issues to contend with. Because of 8 Player Smash, I don't see Ice Climbers coming back.
As someone who frequents just about every Smash-related forum, that's completely incorrect.

A large portion of the "anime swordsman" complaints were directed towards the Fire Emblem newcomers.

Corrin in particular got far more heat than any other unique Smash 4 newcomer and is still a prime target for the fandom's vitriol. I'm not sure what led you to believe Cloud or Shulk were the issue, as both were far more well-received.

I'm not saying I disagree with the cuts (Cloud, in particular, I think is the likeliest cut out of everyone from SSB4. I do disagree about Shulk, however. If anything, I think Xenoblade will be getting a second character in Rex), but to say they're the source of the "anime swordsman" complaints is quite misguided.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I think it's not that Marx is so darn likely, it's more that Bandanna Dee, despite his popularity, really doesn't have a whole lot going for him moveset-wise. Don't get me wrong; I like him overall. It's just that people push the spear thing as being worth way more than it is. I can see them doing some creative stuff with BD; he could use some of Parasol's cooler moves, they could make him use some of the powerups from more recent Kriby games. But the whole spear thing is played-out; I'm not against it, but we've got no shortage on medieval weaponry. It's really not a push factor. The only unique things I could see them pulling with a spear to differentiate it from a sword or big tail or other disjoints is maybe giving it some kind of a lunge move or a move where he can stand on it while it's pinned to something. Corrin already does both of those things with the Dragon Fang Lance Arm.

That's not to say I deem him an impossible character. He's definitely got popularity, reputation, relevance, and I'd even say history at this point. And like I said, there's plenty they could do with him. But I feel people WAAAAYYY overestimate his likelihood. Marx or Magolor, while not as recognizable, still have an edge on BD moveset-wise in my humble opinion. And they're both popular enough to land a spot as playable characters in Smash at some point. While I'm down for any of them, I just can't help but open my mouth when there are so many people going nutso over BD and I honestly can't tell why.

Honestly, guys. They could just pull a curve-ball on us and add in one of the helpers/allies like Gym, Chili, or Bugzy. Any of those three characters would be recognizable to the vast SuperStar fanbase and have great potential for moves. Not to mention Star Allies cross-promotion. Although I suppose BD and Marx would also count as Star Allies cross-promotion, too.

Honestly, I'm just throwing things out there at this point. We can all do better to keep an open mind. Remember how we all "knew" Chrom would be in Smash? And how Robin was chosen instead? And we were all baffled by how well he fit/how well his moves work in the game? There's no such thing as a shoe-in character. Except for maybe Inkling, but we already know they're in the game. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think it's not that Marx is so darn likely, it's more that Bandanna Dee, despite his popularity, really doesn't have a whole lot going for him moveset-wise. Don't get me wrong; I like him overall. It's just that people push the spear thing as being worth way more than it is. I can see them doing some creative stuff with BD; he could use some of Parasol's cooler moves, they could make him use some of the powerups from more recent Kriby games. But the whole spear thing is played-out; I'm not against it, but we've got no shortage on medieval weaponry. It's really not a push factor. The only unique things I could see them pulling with a spear to differentiate it from a sword or big tail or other disjoints is maybe giving it some kind of a lunge move or a move where he can stand on it while it's pinned to something. Corrin already does both of those things with the Dragon Fang Lance Arm.

That's not to say I deem him an impossible character. He's definitely got popularity, reputation, relevance, and I'd even say history at this point. And like I said, there's plenty they could do with him. But I feel people WAAAAYYY overestimate his likelihood. Marx or Magolor, while not as recognizable, still have an edge on BD moveset-wise in my humble opinion. And they're both popular enough to land a spot as playable characters in Smash at some point. While I'm down for any of them, I just can't help but open my mouth when there are so many people going nutso over BD and I honestly can't tell why.

Honestly, guys. They could just pull a curve-ball on us and add in one of the helpers/allies like Gym, Chili, or Bugzy. Any of those three characters would be recognizable to the vast SuperStar fanbase and have great potential for moves. Not to mention Star Allies cross-promotion. Although I suppose BD and Marx would also count as Star Allies cross-promotion, too.

Honestly, I'm just throwing things out there at this point. We can all do better to keep an open mind. Remember how we all "knew" Chrom would be in Smash? And how Robin was chosen instead? And we were all baffled by how well he fit/how well his moves work in the game? There's no such thing as a shoe-in character. Except for maybe Inkling, but we already know they're in the game. :chuckle:
I can agree that someone like Magolor or Marx has more for them in the moveset department. But BD having the spear moveset kind of does enough I think.

But he's a character I don't really feel too strongly about one way or another. It's kind of like Toad in a sense, the character can work, and I don't exactly dread the idea of them popping up and I'm not exactly hype for them either.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Bandana Dee isn't just a spear user, he uses it in ways no other potential spear user does. Seriously he can fly like a helicopter with the thing. And the spear expands when he attacks with it. Although I'm not sure if it would translate into Smash, he can throw them rapid fire. He has an endless supply of Spears.

And if that's not enough there's, Parasol, Staff and maybe even beam.

Parasol would be great for his throws and dash attack. Maybe even tilt.

Many of Staffs moves could easily be performed by his Spear if it's not too new. Particularly I want to see him use the move where he uses his weapon to fling himself across the stage where he can follow it up with a barrage of attacks. Also the toss UK p spin makes a great up tilt

Beam is a bit more of a stretch, but Waddle Doo are the cousins of Waddle Dee and Beam is Sakurai's favourite ability. It's not hard to imagine Bandana Dee occasionally pulling out a beam wand.

Also I don't see the problem with just using a spear. I mean Little Mac got in with nothing but punching and Wii Fit Trainer with nothing but Yoga before Smash.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so whats everyone's opinion of Ninten? do you think the mother series should have all 3 main protagonists playable in smash or not? can Ninten be different from Ness in terms of moves?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
One important thing to remember is that this game began development in 2016.

A common pitfall when making roster predictions is the belief that current ongoing trends will be the basis in which the roster is determined. It happened time and time again in Smash 4 speculation, and it's already happening with Smash for Switch.

Don't assume that characters will get in just because they're from a game that just came out or was just announced. Ignore the recent Direct, it's not going to have clues for shoo-in newcomers. DLC for recent releases probably wasn't even in development at the time the roster for Smash for Switch was finalized.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Interesting how you sorta compare Bandanna Dee's moveset potential with Chrom's. I could see that kind of decision from Sakurai if he were to choose a 4th Kirby candidate. But personally, I do not see a new Kirby character getting in anyway. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It is kind of sad that people cut Cloud for their prediction rosters.
You all sleep on Cloud's chances, I think he is actually likely.

My reason is that Square Enix and Nintendo are good friends. Square Enix developed many games with Nintendo on the Nintendo Switch. I think Cloud has a high chance of returning actually.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
so whats everyone's opinion of Ninten? do you think the mother series should have all 3 main protagonists playable in smash or not? can Ninten be different from Ness in terms of moves?
Absolutely not.

Given that it's a niche franchise that concluded over a decade ago, I don't think Earthbound warrants another rep, especially not one who would offer little-to-nothing that Ness doesn't. He's another Chrom, more or less, but to an even greater extent. Chrom at least looks significantly different than Marth and Ike. Ninten looks exactly like Ness, and given that Lucas, the most different of the trio, ended up being derivative of Ness, it's hard to imagine Ninten would have a very unique moveset.

He's the perfect example of a sort of character that should be a costume.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just what I need to see, more Marx vs Bandanna Dee arguments.

Yay

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

Yay
I am going to say up front, I prefer Marx. That being said, I recognize that Dee is way more likely based on what we know. Now that being said... It's still better than a Pyra censorship debate :p

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee isn't just a spear user, he uses it in ways no other potential spear user does. Seriously he can fly like a helicopter with the thing. And the spear expands when he attacks with it. Although I'm not sure if it would translate into Smash, he can throw them rapid fire. He has an endless supply of Spears.

And if that's not enough there's, Parasol, Staff and maybe even beam.

Parasol would be great for his throws and dash attack. Maybe even tilt.

Many of Staffs moves could easily be performed by his Spear if it's not too new. Particularly I want to see him use the move where he uses his weapon to fling himself across the stage where he can follow it up with a barrage of attacks. Also the toss UK p spin makes a great up tilt

Beam is a bit more of a stretch, but Waddle Doo are the cousins of Waddle Dee and Beam is Sakurai's favourite ability. It's not hard to imagine Bandana Dee occasionally pulling out a beam wand.

Also I don't see the problem with just using a spear. I mean Little Mac got in with nothing but punching and Wii Fit Trainer with nothing but Yoga before Smash.
Not saying he doesn’t have moveset potential, just that I think some of the other have more. Honestly though, I’ll be pleased if any new Kirby character gets in :)

Yay
Says the person who’s created like a dozen Fire Emblem polls this week :p

I’ve seen Bandana Dee talk before, but when was Marx brought up in this thread?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It is kind of sad that people cut Cloud for their prediction rosters.
You all sleep on Cloud's chances, I think he is actually likely.

My reason is that Square Enix and Nintendo are good friends. Square Enix developed many games with Nintendo on the Nintendo Switch. I think Cloud has a high chance of returning actually.
See, the thing is......unless stated otherwise, it is safe to assume that there will be cuts. You can make a case for literally any character not to get cut, but, fact of the matter is, there most likely will be cuts.

We admittedly don't have much precedent to base Third Party cuts off of (we lost one and kept one between Brawl and Smash 4), but for the time being, third party characters should be viewed as likely cuts simply because of their third party status.

In addition to that, there's one major indicator that Cloud is at a significantly bigger risk than the others; the lack of content related to Final Fantasy in direct comparison to the other third party franchises (both in the base game and DLC of Smash 4). Two music tracks (both of which were direct rips and not original arrangements), no trophies outside of the three required ones (Fighter, Alt, Final Smash).....he didn't even get an English voice actor.

There was definitely something going on behind the scenes. Whatever it is, I feel it does not bode well for Cloud's chances.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
One important thing to remember is that this game began development in late 2016.

A common pitfall when making roster predictions is the belief that current ongoing trends will be the basis in which the roster is determined. It happened time and time again in Smash 4 speculation, and it's already happening with Smash for Switch.

Don't assume that characters will get in just because they're from a game that just came out or was just announced. Ignore the recent Direct, it's not going to have clues for shoo-in newcomers. DLC for recent releases probably wasn't even in development at the time the roster for Smash for Switch was finalized.
I thought most people assumed it began in early 2016 right after Bayonetta's Smash 4 DLC. Why do you think it is late 2016?

D

Deleted member

>When you read past pages and see people saying that Roy is only popular by the smash fan when he won the CYL poll alongside Ike in FEH in an international vote, over Hector, Ephraim, Chrom, Marth (even without the vote split) and forget that his game was pretty much loved in Japan as he's the representation of the First Fire Emblem Renaissance in Japan before Awakening on GBA

Never change SmashBoard. Never Change.
I am guilty of the Roy claim, not going to lie. I never knew Roy was that popular. :p
Roy is still the most likely FE character getting cut though.
There's nothing wrong with not liking a character y'know. You don't have to hide behind Sakurai's quotes whenever you talk about Ridley.
I am not forcing you to stop to like your characters. Sakurai seemed so firm on his Ridley quote though. I could be wrong, but still. Not everyone instantly drops their big ideas when developing a game.
If Ridley got in, that would be pretty hype though.

I want to use my logic and brain more on my posts, so could anyone teach me a lesson a bit please?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I thought the very start or at least the conceptualisation of this game was when those job postings for SSB6 were found back in 2014.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Says the person who’s created like a dozen Fire Emblem polls this week :p

I’ve seen Bandana Dee talk before, but when was Marx brought up in this thread?
Trust me, both sides been at at each other's throats.

I seen enough of it on Gamefaqs already.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I think I'm the only one who doesn't wanna see DLC for this installment. Not as long as all of the veterans (and DLC characters) return from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Along with Wolf and preferably Pichu.
why would you wish for less support for a game? that logic makes no sense to me. if you dont like the characters dont get them but sometimes timing and negotiation force alterations to game dev schedules. As long as nintendo does dlc correctly id want them to support this game as long as possible especially since dlc updates give incentive for balancing to be done.

also pichu? ok. but why tho. im not for the logic of "character was here before thus he should be back. Characters are choosen with reasons behind them. been the case since melee. there are more relevant pikachu clones not to mention pokemon overall than a smash charatcer with an awful mechanic and yes i'd apply this same logic to roy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

See, the thing is......unless stated otherwise, it is safe to assume that there will be cuts. You can make a case for literally any character not to get cut, but, fact of the matter is, there most likely will be cuts.

We admittedly don't have much precedent to base Third Party cuts off of (we lost one and kept one between Brawl and Smash 4), but for the time being, third party characters should be viewed as likely cut simply because of their third party status.

In addition to that, there's one major indicator that Cloud is at a significantly bigger risk than the others; the lack of content related to Final Fantasy in direct comparison to the other third party franchises (both in the base game and DLC of Smash 4). Two music tracks, no trophies outside of the three required ones (Fighter, Alt, Final Smash).....he didn't even get an English voice actor.

There was definitely something going on behind the scenes. Whatever it is, I feel it does not bode well for Cloud's chances.
Sigh, I really hope there are no cuts. As much as I would love to have no cuts, you are right about cuts. Maybe it was some kind of coincidence that Cloud did not have much content? Square Enix has been working on Nintendo with more games lately, and I am sure Sakurai and his team will gladly try to appeal to the Final Fantasy fans again by adding Cloud.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I feel like people are always like "oh man, this character has so much crazy moveset potential" while I'm sitting over here preferring characters with really basic movesets with no super advanced mechanics.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The only way I see him ever coming into the game is a clone

Other than that, I'd like for him to stay out

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/972090999479574528

Because I feel Sakurai implied it.

It doesn't make much of a difference, anyway. If it were earlier than I assumed, it would only strengthen what I'm saying, as it would be even further away from the present.
Do you think Sakurai would know about the Switch ports being planned like Skyrim to consider some additions for Smash Switch's base roster as a result of development beginning in late 2016?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Sigh, I really hope there are no cuts. As much as I would love to have no cuts, you are right about cuts. Maybe it was some kind of coincidence that Cloud did not have much content? Square Enix has been working on Nintendo with more games lately, and I am sure Sakurai and his team will gladly try to appeal to the Final Fantasy fans again by adding Cloud.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love for the entire Smash 4 roster to return. Heck, I'd love for everyone to come back, the previously cut characters included.

But with the Smash 4 roster already at a massive size, and the amount of newcomers in both Brawl and Smash 4 being quite high, it's not really reasonable to think they'll be able to bring them back and add a decent amount of newcomers.

The only way I could see it happening is if they recycled more content from Smash 4 than they did in any previous installment, but even if that were the case, we'd still be likely to see some third parties or clones on the chopping block. Balancing everyone is a daunting task, and it only becomes more complicated with every character that gets thrown into the mix.

Do you think Sakurai would know about the Switch ports being planned like Skyrim to consider some additions for Smash Switch's base roster as a result of development beginning in late 2016?
It's hard to say what he would know and what he wouldn't.

I'm going to lean towards "no". Even if he did know, however, I don't really see Skyrim being a game he'd put any sort of consideration into including in Smash.

Just intuition, though, so don't take this as some sort of legitimate prediction on my part, or anything.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
In regards to the topic of cuts, I personally feel if there are any cuts that are chosen, they'll be for Dark Pit., Lucina and MAYBE Dr.Mario (although I consider him the least likely cut for a clone character due to Melee nostalgia). I always felt Dark Pit was that one character I found to be the most similar to their base character, only having a few moves that are different from Pit (although I understand Sakurai had some spare time to put him in along with Dr. Mario and Lucina). If they gave Dark Pit and the other 2 clone characters a unique moveset in Smash Switch, then I could see them sticking around. If they remain the same as they did in Smash 4, i'd rather they become unique costumes for their respective characters if they end up not having a unique moveset.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
If the roster only can use Pre-2017 characters (and some Late 2016/ Early 2017 surprises)... then the new options for the next Smash looks smaller than expected with the weak line of Wii U games.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Better than Bayonetta. I understand that the hate for Bayonetta in Smash some may consider "childish" but if they were gonna add in a third party character like her, they could've at least brought back Wolf from Brawl.
How was including a "third party" like Bayonetta tied in with having to bring back Wolf? Last sentence makes no sense whatsoever. Regardless of whether she was in or not it has nothing to do with him.

And how would Doom guy AKA generic FPS protagonist have been a better choice? He is less associated with Nintendo than Bayonetta. She is an IP from Sega who is in good terms with them, have partnered to make some exclusive games and already had a franchise in Smash; while Nintendo funded Bayo 2 and 3 preventing the series from dying and added cross over content to its games as well. It makes a lot of sense that she is here and if D. guy was better as you claim then the majority of people who voted on the ballot don't seem to think so.

You are right about one thing though: the hate for Bayonetta in Smash is childish. Your reasoning behind your post and your willingness to accept someone else over her out of spite shows us why. Anyone can downplay a character they dislike and oversell a character they prefer.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well... you're technically correct, but, Marx's design and powers (as other many things from KSSU) are very common source for the post KSSU Kirby games to create stuff; specially the Soul Beings... He's not recurring, but his influence is recurring.
I mean. Techically no.

Drawcia was the first soul boss in the kirby series. And even as a character from a spin off a couple soul bosses still take from her attack patterns.

The only think Marx Soul really established was the "Soul Boss at the end of a true arena." Which isn't really all the impressive. So I really don't think that helps him out in terms of his chances for smash.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
In regards to the topic of cuts, I personally feel if there are any cuts that are chosen, they'll be for Dark Pit., Lucina and MAYBE Dr.Mario (although I consider him the least likely cut for a clone character due to Melee nostalgia). I always felt Dark Pit was that one character I found to be the most similar to their base character, only having a few moves that are different from Pit (although I understand Sakurai had some spare time to put him in along with Dr. Mario and Lucina). If they gave Dark Pit and the other 2 clone characters a unique moveset in Smash Switch, then I could see them sticking around. If they remain the same as they did in Smash 4, i'd rather they become unique costumes for their respective characters if they end up not having a unique moveset.
It's a bit silly to think that the only potential cuts will be the three characters with the smallest workload.

Both Melee and Brawl had smaller rosters than 4, and neither of them only suffered losses in the form of clones.

We have a larger roster to work with this time around, and that means there's more fat to trim. Getting rid of "Marth with no tippers" and "Pit recolor with Zelda's Final Smash" isn't gonna do much to lighten the workload.

It would be the best case scenario for the fans, but, unfortunately, the best case scenario is seldom what ends up transpiring.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Absolutely not.

Given that it's a niche franchise that concluded over a decade ago, I don't think Earthbound warrants another rep, especially not one who would offer little-to-nothing that Ness doesn't. He's another Chrom, more or less, but to an even greater extent. Chrom at least looks significantly different than Marth and Ike. Ninten looks exactly like Ness, and given that Lucas, the most different of the trio, ended up being derivative of Ness, it's hard to imagine Ninten would have a very unique moveset.

He's the perfect example of a sort of character that should be a costume.
Isn't the idea of 'reps' kind of nonsense at this point, though? I don't believe they usually add characters based on how many reps a series has, outside of a few exceptions.

I also believe the series has done fairly well in Japan. At least better than some series, such as Metroid. EB outsold Super Metroid in Japan iirc.

Last edited:

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Nantenjex in the latest Source Gaming Podcast makes a good point about Smash possibly getting a direct before E3, saying that for a new game and only 3 to 6 months to hype it up, for everything Smash 5 could have, they can't do a massive blowout of news with it and still include stuff in the E3 presentation.

TLDR. All the unknown info about Smash is too big for E3 to handle alone when they also need to promote thier other games.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Isn't the idea of 'reps' kind of nonsense at this point, though? I don't believe they usually add characters based on how many reps a series has, outside of a few exceptions.
Reps really don't matter.

The point was less that Earthbound would have too many characters, and more that the series doesn't warrant any new characters.

It's dead and there's not much to it that we're not already getting with the characters we already have in Smash.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
If any clone has the highest chance of returning, it would be Dark Pit.
Lucina may be a fan favorite in the FE fanbase and Dr. Mario had some fans from Melee, but neither one of them had the privilege of being created by Sakurai himself.
I could be off base here, but Dark Pit just seems more likely based on the fact he was created by Sakurai.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Okay I'm gonna open a can of worms here

Add Goku or Add Ridley

Go :troll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom