• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
What is the evidence for this mural leak? What makes it more believable than any other blurry picture leak?
tl;dr source was confirmed to be a french dude working for a marketing firm, he seemed to have leaked a snapchat video to his mates showing the full mural and some other assets like empty battlefield. The grinch is also there, seem to show the back of the grinch's head which implies his firm is marketing that film too hence the grinch memes.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Damn y'all imagine if this leak is fake and kencineroar are our final newcomers

Holy **** the dissapointment would be so massive I can hear it now
This is another reason I think Nintendo made a bad call by waiting this long to reveal everything themselves.
Not only is there a risk of REAL leaks, but there's a risk of fake leaks raising everyone's expectations. With this little time left before launch, Nintendo should really be revealing everything they can before things get out of hand.

Unfortunately, this leak seems to have pushed everyone into hype overdrive, which can only end one of two ways.

Nintendo really was playing with fire deciding to hold off on announcements.

At the end of the day, I got Ridley and K.Rool, so everything else is just icing on the cake. But I won't lie, this has gotten my hopes up for Banjo.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If this "leak" is real, that's 7 more characters.

Let's assume both this "leak" and Spawn Wave are right, there's someone missing. That's 8 more characters.

8 more characters to be revealed in one direct. 6 of which would require their own reveal trailers. That's crazy.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Banjokazzo

Smash Cadet
What is the evidence for this mural leak? What makes it more believable than any other blurry picture leak?
Original artowork
Unseen material from the Grinch movie
The "leaker" or whoever make the sanpchat vídeo work in that place

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tabuu is in? Okay, this might make this leak "too good to be true" for myself. References to Subspace Emissary is the 5% of the reason I live.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
From ERA. Just a small insight into the whole insider whispers and rumors.

It really does seem like Incineroar will make or break this leak. But at the same time, we learned from Gemastu that outdated info could still be mixed in with present info, so its entirely possible that Incineroar was planned, worked on, or cut in favor of a gen 8 Pokemon as eventual DLC. The thing that strikes me the most is that if you’re gonna put this much effort into a fake leak, why not include Incineroar, who’s been heavily rumored? Him, Ken, and a Square character (Who’s most speculated to be Geno) are the the big three rumored right now, why leave out Incineroar? This leak is visually convincing and has a ton of background info to support it, but its clear the lack of Incineroar is what is causing confusion among other insiders who admit this could very well be real but it leaves out someone they repeatedly heard. It could be just to cause a ruckus, but the same goal could’ve been achieved with Incineroar in it.

At this point the leak is either fake, Incineroar was cut, or he was just blatantly force info sent out by Nintendo to weed out leakers. As I said earlier, we know Nintendo has been sending out false info to mess with people (Which is exactly how I think Loz **** the bed after E3. His info for E3 was so specific they probably found the people told him and they fed them false info). This is gonna be a tough ass wait, but I really do think this leak being real all depends on Incineroar at this point.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
You know, if this is real, I'm so freaking excited to find out Shadow's changes. His Chaos Teleport up-B, (hopefully) a Chaos Spear side-B, and his crisp as can be animations. He's gonna be glorious.

I'd much rather have Tails, but I'm finding positives in Shadow. :)

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
It's been verified that the leaker was hired by Bamco to make promo stuff for them.
There's also the possibility that the leaker looked up a random employee's name and is using this employee to make their leak look more real... which would be a terrible terrible thing to do.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Pros:
- Background would have to have been made from scratch
- Unlike previous banner leaks, tons of characters were moved around to make room for the newcomers
- Newcomers all seem to be unique character models--dynamically posed and detailed (e.g., Conductor for Chorus kids, Isaac using vines)
- The guy who took the picture works for a French advertising company with ties to Bandai Namco (this part confirmed, though he could still have faked it)
- Insiders saying it's either fake or incomplete (but not dismissing it entirely)

Cons:
- TOO MANY CHARACTERS
- Oh, about the actual leak itself? I dunno, shadows.
- EDIT: Forgot Incineroar, but so did this banner :troll: Thanks Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
You know, if this is real, I'm so freaking excited to find out Shadow's changes. His Chaos Teleport up-B, (hopefully) a Chaos Spear side-B, and his crisp as can be animations. He's gonna be glorious.

I'd much rather have Tails, but I'm finding positives in Shadow. :)
Good to see you come around my friend. I look forward to joining the Tails Supporter Group soon.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Pros:
- Background would have to have been made from scratch
- Unlike previous banner leaks, tons of characters were moved around to make room for the newcomers
- Newcomers all seem to be unique character models--dynamically posed and detailed (e.g., Conductor for Chorus kids, Isaac using vines)
- The guy who took the picture works for a French advertising company with ties to Bandai Namco (this part confirmed, though he could still have faked it)
- Insiders saying it's either fake or incomplete (but not dismissing it entirely)

Cons:
- TOO MANY CHARACTERS
- Oh, about the actual leak itself? I dunno, shadows.
Banjo's t-posing too, right? Where would you put that? :troll:

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
it's a matter of what makes more sense; 7 or more unrevealed characters that read like a wishlist and fly in the face of official statements (and frankly, common sense), or a fairly elaborate array of faked or partially faked artifacts tied to a confirmed employee of a company that could conceivably have inside info?
Very well put; I still lean to the former. The degree to which this is influenced by my wanting Nintendo - a company that claims to value delivering fun above all else - to far more frequently produce 'wishlists' that fly in the face of common sense and official statements remains to be seen.

D

Deleted member

If this "leak" is real, that's 7 more characters.

Let's assume both this "leak" and Spawn Wave are right, there's someone missing. That's 8 more characters.

8 more characters to be revealed in one direct. 6 of which would require their own reveal trailers. That's crazy.
That's because you're assuming Spawn Wave is right. There's nothing here to prove that he's not just pulling **** out of his ass. In fact, him being right would immediately disprove this grinch leak. As why would Bamco hire someone to make promo material for the game with an incomplete roster mural, especially when Sakurai already verified that we'd see all the characters before launch?

It's either Spawn Wave OR the Grinch Leak. You can't have both, and Spawn Wave doesn't have any credible proof to verify his claims. The 7 of the Grinch leak are clearly the final 7. Remember the names of people who said "wait there's more" for when it's confirmed in the Direct, as those people were lying to you for attention.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Verge's sources are about to get smoked so hard if Incineroar really ain't in.

If he's wrong on both that and Minecraft, I'm not sure how I'll feel. He certainly had a long chain of good guesses (or even good sources) for awhile.
Trust me, outside of Smash so far, this is nothing new for the guy.

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
The leak seeming "too good to be true", so hasty rationalizations to try and explain how it could be possible we'd get so many newcomers.
Theres so much evidence pointing against that thankfully. The bundle is out in the wild right now, and the game has seemingly gone gold already.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Ok, about that Spawn-whatever insider guy and his talk about VGA's reveal.
If this is true it's at least a DLC fighter, VGAs are the same day which Smash releases. It could be OK with this banner crap if the banner is only about base roster. It's impossible and stupid making and announcement for the base game.
Or maybe the issues with the insiders and the banner are deeper. Meh, who knows.

D

Deleted member

There's also the possibility that the leaker looked up a random employee's name and is using this employee to make their leak look more real... which would be a terrible terrible thing to do.
No, it's already been verified that the employee in the leak did indeed work for this company that was contracted by Bamco. Someone already posted the tweets a couple hours ago.

He's not working for that company anymore, but he did, and he's responsible for the leak.

Noipoi

Howdy!
That's because you're assuming Spawn Wave is right. There's nothing here to prove that he's not just pulling **** out of his ***. In fact, him being right would immediately disprove this grinch leak. As why would Bamco hire someone to make promo material for the game with an incomplete roster mural, especially when Sakurai already verified that we'd see all the characters before launch?

It's either Spawn Wave OR the Grinch Leak. You can't have both, and Spawn Wave doesn't have any credible proof to verify his claims. The 7 of the Grinch leak are clearly the final 7. Remember the names of people who said "wait there's more" for when it's confirmed in the Direct, as those people were lying to you for attention.
Okay, let's assume Spawn Wave is wrong (which he hasn't been before). That's still 7 characters, 5 of which require their own trailers in one direct.
That's still crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom