• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
We're starting to get to that inevitable "talking in circles" point so I'mma rate the newcomers.

Geno: 11/10
I mean, do I really need to say it at this point? You all know what I'm about.

Shadow: 6/10 I've established a very healthy "Love, hate and REALLY hate" relationship with Edgy the Hedgey over the years, but as long as he's only an echo I'm fine with him being here. Plus one of my good buds really wants him.

Ken: 8/10
Literally the Original Echo and my most wanted Echo of the litter. Love me some Mr. Fire Foot.

Isaac: 6/10 Great for his fans, but still need to finish Golden Sun before I can really get more attracted to him. I enjoyed my time with the game but ultimately lost interest in favor of other RPGs at the time. But certainly has earned his keep.

Chorus Kids: 4/10
Neat I guess. Happy for the fans.

Mach Rider: 7.5/10 Not my first choice for another retro fighter, but I'll be danged if I'm not VERY interested in seeing how they'll play.

Banjo: 8/10 I've always been pretty casual on the Banjo games, but I do love the duo. And frankly, of all the leaked newcomers, I feel he's the most deserving of his spot. Banjo is just one of those guys I feel belongs here.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
What if in one of Machs win poses she removes her helmet and her hair flows in the wind with the sakura pedals flying past her and she has a sigh of relief

She has stopped the armageddon from pichu and isabelle

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Okay, let's assume Spawn Wave is wrong (which he hasn't been before). That's still 7 characters, 5 of which require their own trailers in one direct.
That's still crazy.
Consider the "EVERYONE IS HERE! Part 2" hypothesis.
EVERYONE IS HERE...but then you hear an "AHYUCK!"
Throw in some splash screens and you don't necessarily need a trailer for every character.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
anyway DLC speculation time

Buzzwole and 5 Captain Falcon Echos

discuss
Well my fellow leaker, given that we'll have 8 newcomers (2 being echoes) for base and then the 3 geno echoes for dlc, its a little much but my sources have been talking about the falcon echoes, we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
If this "leak" is real, that's 7 more characters.

Let's assume both this "leak" and Spawn Wave are right, there's someone missing. That's 8 more characters.

8 more characters to be revealed in one direct. 6 of which would require their own reveal trailers. That's crazy.
I'm not assuming that this is anything but the final roster. People assumed the ESRB leak didn't have all the characters despite the fact that it made little sense to not show every character to the ESRB, and I see no reason why this banner wouldn't have every character in the final roster on it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm going to throw this in the "too good to be true" pile. This is kind of a reverse of the ESRB in that sense, actually, since everyone wanted the ESRB to be fake. But this one? We all want it to be real.

That's five more unique newcomers, possibly more. Are we just going to ignore that Sakurai said they revealed too many too quickly? If we still have 5 uniques and 2 echoes to reveal within the next month and a half, I have no idea why he'd say something like that aside from "Sakurai is a troll LOL".

My rule of thumb is "if it's too good to be true, it probably is". I'm not going to believe Banjo, Isaac or Geno until I see them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What if in one of Machs win poses she removes her helmet and her hair flows in the wind with the sakura pedals flying past her and she has a sigh of relief

Badass.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Samus and Mach Rider should have a unique team victory pose.

D

Deleted member

Okay, let's assume Spawn Wave is wrong (which he hasn't been before). That's still 7 characters, 5 of which require their own trailers in one direct.
That's still crazy.
It's not crazy. It's a perfect way to build up insane amounts of hype just weeks before your game launches.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
There's also the possibility that the leaker looked up a random employee's name and is using this employee to make their leak look more real... which would be a terrible terrible thing to do.
Unlikely, I doubt anyone would look into what compant helps BN with marketing, and then sneak in some Grinch for good luck.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Pros:
- Background would have to have been made from scratch
- Unlike previous banner leaks, tons of characters were moved around to make room for the newcomers
- Newcomers all seem to be unique character models--dynamically posed and detailed (e.g., Conductor for Chorus kids, Isaac using vines)
- The guy who took the picture works for a French advertising company with ties to Bandai Namco (this part confirmed, though he could still have faked it)
- Insiders saying it's either fake or incomplete (but not dismissing it entirely)

Cons:
- TOO MANY CHARACTERS
- Oh, about the actual leak itself? I dunno, shadows.
For cons, you forgot "no Incineroar," because I guess people are using that as a con.

Last edited:

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
imagine if, actually this is real, the trailer, what if its just one trailer and its reveal one after another ? whewww

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wonder what kind of nuclear fire this place will be if we only get Ken and Incineroar. Everyone here seems to be sleeping on the fact that the latter is missing here.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hyper Plot Twist:

Nintendo puts out fake banners to fool the leakers. (unlikely but hilarious)

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I don't think Ultimate is going to be delayed. They have already separately printed promotional materials and pushed the demo around to lots of places. If this leak is real then they are printing up endgame promotional materials as well. They would not print endgame materials if there was a chance of a delay.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think it's possible Incineroar was a Chrom/Chorus Kids situation, someone who was cut during development.

I'm sure this has been brought up before but that's my take on it.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
It's not crazy. It's a perfect way to build up insane amounts of hype just weeks before your game launches.
Wasnt there someone here talking about the potential of there being an Everyone is Here of new characters? Man that would be wild if that ended up being true.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Yes...

Banjokazzo

Smash Cadet

What if Match Rider ended up being a man?????

Wambo

Smash Ace
This is making me think of all the times leakers have said "________ isn't in". Why would they state that unless their sources had stated that as well, and Nintendo is deliberately putting out fake information to catch employees?

What I'm saying is, I think the reason why this image leak seems so unbelievable is because Nintendo has purposely been trying to drum down hype through their fake information while simultaneously catching employees. If that's the case, that's stupidly genius.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
What is the evidence for this mural leak? What makes it more believable than any other blurry picture leak?
There's no evidence confirming anything, but moving the characters around and adding new ones is a rather hard thing to fake since the character renders used in that banner haven't been individually released. There's also the fact that the image has the banner but without characters, just the battlefield background, which is another thing that hasn't really been released.
So if it's fake, it took a ton of effort, though the fact that's it's s blurry is what gives people doubts still since the blurryness could be used to hide it's imperfections.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Dixie CUT? What are you talking about?
There is a 4chan post from last month with the same characters in the leak that says Dixie, Monster Hunter and Ray Mk1 were planned but cut.

We're assuming its the same guy because the poster has the same "**** Nintendo" attitude and comments as the Snapchat leaker.

D

Deleted member

Consider the "EVERYONE IS HERE! Part 2" hypothesis.
EVERYONE IS HERE...but then you hear an "AHYUCK!"
Throw in some splash screens and you don't necessarily need a trailer for every character.
The fact that Banjo is back with Nintendo after so many years is going to totally break the internet. Sakurai is an absolute legend. He literally did the impossible. It's too bad this leak totally spoiled all that. I would have lost my mind seeing that in the direct without prior expectation.

beans

Smash Lord
Just woke up...

What's going on?
French people leak Geno, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Shadow, Geno and Mach Rider
More baguettes are flwing out of his pockets cause his name was found and his linkedin deleted

Noipoi

Howdy!
These leaked characters make me a little sad. It's basically the dream roster for everyone including me but...I still want my Frosted Flakes!

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Ok, to he honest, i didnt even know Mach Rider, but now im Hyped as ****
Also confused about its gender

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The fact that Banjo is back with Nintendo after so many years is going to totally break the internet. Sakurai is an absolute legend. He literally did the impossible. It's too bad this leak totally spoiled all that. I would have lost my mind seeing that in the direct without prior expectation.
I'm still gonna lose my mind
I could see a video of this and still be in disbelief until the Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom