• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
On second thought, I'd gladly take Rex and Pyra. Box Theory gets crushed and Verge misses predicting another character, making that character a total suprise for everyone.

Realistically though, it's probably just a remix for one of the upcoming blog posts.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Why are we talking about Crunchii?
He posted a bunch of numbers on his twitter as code for us to decipher,
we deciphered it, and it seems to have something to do with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Music being posted next week
So, what's the general consensus on sassy Geno? I'm assuming it's more of a maybe at this point, right?
I'm starting to think it could very well be real. the blue background lines up with Delfino Plaza

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So, what's the general consensus on sassy Geno? I'm assuming it's more of a maybe at this point, right?
Nothing to 100% debunk it yet because we see so little of it.

Good point:
-It's a very good model best Geno model yet I love it.
-It's supposedly on Delfino Plazza

Bad Point:
-It's a way TOO GOOD model for in-game model (And no, the Higher quality when you pose the game happens only on 3DS. Smash4 had lower poly model, but only for 8players smash but still showed those model when you paused the game). And the Cape is too high poly.

-Where is the whiteish Lighting render that is specific to Ultimate?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Geno's model may look like it has extra polygons because of the game being paused, and perhaps being a little blurry.

I didn't notice it before, as I was too focused on the quality model itself, along with his funny expression, but if I actually examine the model with a clear mind, I can see where polygons seem easy to make out, specifically his collar, around his head, and perhaps his cape/cloak. If I look really closely, I think I can make out small polygons on his right ear (our left).

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Nothing to 100% debunk it yet because we see so little of it.

Good point:
It's a very good model best Geno model yet I love it.
It's supposedly on Delfino Plazza

Bad Point:
It's a way TOO GOOD model for in-game model (And no, the Higher quality when you pose the game happens only on 3DS. Smash4 had lower poly model, but only for 8players smash but still showed those model when you paused the game). And the Cape is too high poly.
Where is the whiteish Lightning render that is specific to Ultimate?
Confused by your first point??
And I'm not sure what lighting you mean; remember that this leak is pretty blurry. No point trying to find something specific as whiteish lighting.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Alright, seems like everyone but me knows what's going on. But taking a stab in the dark--if he was above board on the menu music, it's safe to suspect he's above board here if it's an actual hint. My guess, he's allowed to share more music, and this is a hint towards what's next. I dunno.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Geno's model may look like it has extra polygons because of the game being paused, and perhaps being a little blurry.

I didn't notice it before, as I was too focused on the quality model itself, along with his funny expression, but if I actually examine the model with a clear mind, I can see where polygons seem easy to make out, specifically his collar, around his head, and perhaps his cape/cloak. If I look really closely, I think I can make out small polygons on his right ear (our left).
Expression being funny even makes sense if it's mid-animation or just an idle pose where he looks around.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
GAME:
Name a character for Smash starting with each of the letters on the Crunchii Leak:

XBDYUKUOHABAMUSHATACHI
Zanza (Technically, he's Xanthe in Japan)
Bandana Dee
Demille
Mr. You
Umbreon
(Yeah, I'd upgrade him above adding in other Sonic folks. Deal.)
Ultra Lusamine
Owain
Hat Kid
Andy
Boney
Akuma
Misty
Urban Champion
Shantae
Pyra/Mythra (As with the XB1 spoiler, they're Homura and Hikari in Japan)
Alex Kidd
Tom Nook
Agahnim
Chesnaught
Heihachi
Impa

Please come after my tastes in choices please. :4pacman:
Is that some kind of Fortnite dance there?
That looks more like a Leekspin dance to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

it seems to have something to do with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Music being posted next week
Finally, Xenoblade mus-

Oh, it'll be from Xenoblade 2? That's...okay I guess...

Admittedly, I haven't played XB2 yet or listened to it's soundtrack, so I'd prefer XB1 music, but what little I've heard of XB2's soundtrack has been good. Still holding out for The End Lies Ahead, Zanza, Colony 9, One Who Gets In Our Way (uncut), Engage the Enemy (uncut), Unfinished Battle, The Battle is Upon Us, The God Slaying Sword, or Beyond the Sky though.

NineS

Smash Lord
Alright, seems like everyone but me knows what's going on. But taking a stab in the dark--if he was above board on the menu music, it's safe to suspect he's above board here if it's an actual hint. My guess, he's allowed to share more music, and this is a hint towards what's next. I dunno.
Are you seeing this, Crunchii?
You did this.

I hope you're proud of yourself.
Especially if our interpretation of this leak is wrong.

D

Deleted member

Zanza (Technically, he's Xanthe in Japan)
For the love of god (heh) please. If this happened, we'd get his theme for sure, and it's easily my most wanted song. If it makes the cut, my desire to mod the game is going to go way down.

Last edited by a moderator:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I was having a hard time figuring out who could fit in with Shadow, Dark Pit, and Dark Samus for a standard 4-player battle, but this new sassy Geno might do the trick...

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Got a game for all of y'all.

The original 12 for each gaming company.

Capcom
Konami
Microsoft
Namco
Sega
Sony
Square Enix
Man it was hard thinking of 12 for all of these.
Mega Man
Dr Wily
Ryu
Chun Li
Ken
M. Bison
Dante
Monster Hunter
Jill
Leon
Phoenix wright
Morgan
Snake
Liquid
Ocelot
Raiden
Simon
Richter
Alucard
Pyramid Head
Frogger
Bill
Lance
Bomberman
Banjo Kazooie
Grunty
Mumbo
Master Chief
Arbiter
Steve
Fulgore
Jago
Marcus
BattleToads
Conker
Joanna Dark
Pac Man
Ms Pac Man
Heihachi
Jin
King
Klanoa
Lloyd
Solaire
Dig Dug
Katamari Prince
Nightmare
Goku uhhh Mappy
Sonic
Shadow
Knuckles
Eggman
Bayonetta
AiAi
BD Joe
Alex Kidd
Beat
Amigo
Nights
uhhh Billy Hatcher
Nathan Drake
Kratos
Parappa
Sack Boy
Sly Cooper
Jack and Daxter
Spike from Ape Escape
Aloy
Ratchet and Clank
Joel
The twisted metal guy
KNACK BAYBEEEE
Cloud
Sepiroth
Black Mage
Tifa
Sora
2B
Lara Croft
Chrono
Hitman
JC Denton
Neku
Dragon Quest hero

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
me when literally nothing substantial happens next wednesday
Untitled.jpg

I was having a hard time figuring out who could fit in with Shadow, Dark Pit, and Dark Samus for a standard 4-player battle, but this new sassy Geno might do the trick...
Black Shadow if you're trying to make a gimmick.

D

Deleted member

I think there will be some Xenoblade 2 music and trophies in the game even if there is no character. Like Smash Wii U had some Tropical Freeze music and trophies.
Heck, we had a remix and port of the main theme of Woolly World which wasn't even out yet. I'd be quite shocked if we didn't get XB2.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
At this point he's on par with Bomberman and would probably be an assist trophy if he even got in.
QBert... on par with Bomberman?!? You have got to be kidding me. Does QBert have a franchise containing several dozen games?

D

Deleted member

Smh everyone forgetting my boy Dark Link the OG dark version

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Alright, I tried marking where I believe some noticeable polygons are on the Geno model; some parts may seem smoother because it's a bit blurry:

Geno (polygons).png

original for reference:

Geno.png

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
This is all very intriguing, but I think having Xenoblade 2 music at launch is a safe assumption as adding music is pretty simple. We already saw there's a Samus Returns track for instance and Smash 4 had Tropical Freeze stuff as mentioned earlier. I highly doubt Crunchii knows any unrevealed fighters.

I pushed my hopes for Rex & Pyra back to DLC anyway.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
If Xenoblade Chronicles 2 music does end up being revealed, I don't think that holds too much impact on Rex's chance for base game. Given the time of the project plan, I find it a lot more possible to grab music later in development, than having planned Rex as a newcomer so early. Though XC2 music being in the base game does make him seem even more likely as DLC.

I wouldn't mind being wrong, though. Rex making it in the base game would make for a pretty hilarious curveball to throw off recent speculation.

Though I'd still prefer Elma, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom