• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Adding to stuff I said earlier, perhaps another song in Nintendo's press servers is a remix of Those Who Stand In Our Path. Crunchii saw it, was told by Nintendo that he can upload it at a later date, but decided to have some fun and cryptically tease it to give speculation something to stir over.

That's my two cents so I can keep my expectations low. We've only got 50 days folks.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
>another anniemay character
yikes and cringe'd
Aren't you the guy who wants Shantae tho?

Look at what inspired her designer:
http://shantae.wikia.com/wiki/Matt_Bozon

Matt Bozon claims his drawing style was heavily influenced by Ranma ½, Hayao Miyazaki (宮崎 駿), G1 Pokémon, and 80s cartoons such as Ducktales and Transformers.[2]

For Shantae specifically, Matt has claimed Ranma ½ and Miyazaki as influences, as well as Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, Disney's Aladdin, and such video game series as Castlevania, Mega Man and The Legend of Zelda.[3]

Hmmmm.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Confused by your first point??
And I'm not sure what lighting you mean; remember that this leak is pretty blurry. No point trying to find something specific as whiteish lighting.
Each Smash game have a new rendering engine.
Smash Ultimate use a new "light reflecting" rendering engine on its model compared to Smash 4. Giving them a more "pastel" look on lights and sunlight while also giving them a VERY distinguishible white Outline.

ss_1.jpg

ss_2.jpg

ss_5.jpg

It was also something that was EFFECTIVELY present on the Ken Leaks which is what added to it's weight and why people found it so believable.

1537522206957.jpg

Sadly, the Geno Render have none of it. And it's clear that blurry or not, we would be able to see that white Outline around it's body.

That's what I meant by lack of white Lighting. It's actually an important detail, and no fake image leaks managed to ever reproduce so far.

D

Deleted member

Matt Bozon claims his drawing style was heavily influenced by Ranma ½, Hayao Miyazaki (宮崎 駿), G1 Pokémon, and 80s cartoons such as Ducktales and Transformers.[2]

For Shantae specifically, Matt has claimed Ranma ½ and Miyazaki as influences, as well as Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, Disney's Aladdin, and such video game series as Castlevania, Mega Man and The Legend of Zelda.[3]

Hmmmm.
Jesus ****ing christ dude I'm pretty sure murder goes against the global rules

D

Deleted member

I'm still hoping for some Xenoblade Chronicles X music 'cause Hiroyuki Sawano's music is thebomb.com
If we're getting XB2 music, XBX music should happen as well. Just get me a Snoop Dogg cover of Black Tar and we'll be fine.

If I could take any one song from XBX, I'd probably take Primordia's theme because it fits so well on Gaur Plain. Second would be Wir Fleigen.

Untouch

Smash Master
If I was told that the sassy geno picture is a CSS image I'd believe it more since they got the detail and lighting there correct, but ingame models look different.
Unless I see a full sized image I don't believe it, and I don't think we're getting one.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'll admit there is one story that comes to mind actually.

:ultbowserjr:+:ultkrool:

After the death of his father :ultbowser:. Bowser Jr. is taken in by his father's best friend and godfather King K. Rool who begins to teach his godson all the ways of villainy that his father hadn't known about.
I can dig this storyline

Then it'll be a turning point once Jr turns on K Rool and they battle for a championship

SMASH BROS, BOOK IT!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
:ultpalutena: finally has a post...and has no Memories.

Three KI characters, and not a single one has that. You people had ONE JOB. ONE.

Hmmmm.
When did "hate anime swordsmen" somehow mutate into "hate anime characters"?

Next thing you know, people will worship Sony for going with realistic-looking characters.

Anyway, anime-styled characters are fine. Those that did not originate in something completely tied to a game in some way, are not elligible.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'd Ignore this
It can't seem to translate, when I put it through an encoder
I think it might be nonsense
well duh
the first two numbers are 45
i don't think there are that many letters in the alphabet we are using here

and before anyone's a smart*** using a modulo 26 operation on them doesn't make it make any more sense.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Smash Ultimate use a new "light reflecting" rendering engine on its model compared to Smash 4. Giving them a more "pastel" look on lights and sunlight while also giving them a VERY distinguishible white Outline.

View attachment 170647

View attachment 170648
View attachment 170649

It was also something that was EFFECTIVELY present on the Ken Leaks which is what added to it's weight and why people found it so believable.

View attachment 170646

Sadly, the Geno Render have none of it. And it's clear that blurry or not, we would be able to see that white Outline around it's body.

That's what I meant by lack of white Lighting. It's actually an important detail, and no fake image leaks managed to ever reproduce so far.
Good and valid counterpoint, best against the leak so far.

I'm not trying to imply I believe the leak 100%; I'm trying to give it a lot more credibility than we have in the past.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultpalutena: finally has a post...and has no Memories.

Three KI characters, and not a single one has that. You people had ONE JOB. ONE.

When did "hate anime swordsmen" somehow mutate into "hate anime characters"?

Next thing you know, people will worship Sony for going with realistic-looking characters.
You expected too much from Sakurai

Graizen

Smash Champion
Obviously just someone trying to ride off the popularity of the crunchii leak. The same thing happened with riddle and blog guessing genre of "leaks." Someone should still translate though. If we get lucky it could be a humorous message
Wait,
I think its a Digimon message

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Wait,
I think its a Digimon message
After hours of deliberation with the Council of High Intelligence and Education Findings (C.H.I.E.F), it has been determined that the contents of this post will be categorised under the terminology "not it" until further notice.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You expected too much from Sakurai
Sakurai would at least acknowledge the game our lady Palutena's named after in Japan. The absent-minded interns running the site somehow haven't been able to find a damn box for the game, and they wouldn't be able to fight their way out of it.

If expecting a Memories post is too much, what isn't? My expectations are already rock-bottom in regards to site updates.

Maybe they're waiting on Medusa or Hades...
Probably not...
That's giving them too much credit, yeah.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

View attachment 170647

View attachment 170648
View attachment 170649

View attachment 170646

I kinda notice edges on the Geno model that seem light, even the edges of the shadowed areas (or at least his shadowed ear? I thought I noticed sumthin...).

I mean, not every edge on these characters has the white stuff, either; most of the shadowed areas, in fact.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sakurai would at least acknowledge the game our lady Palutena's named after in Japan. The absent-minded interns running the site somehow haven't been able to find a damn box for the game, and they wouldn't be able to fight their way out of it.
“our”...Palutena is :ultpit: exclusive (...Pitclusive...Piclusive...Pit Puns)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wait, I cracked the 4chan decode message
ITST IM ETOSTOP
ITS TIME TO STOP
I see what you did there, anon...

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

View attachment 170647

View attachment 170648
View attachment 170649

View attachment 170646

Am I the only one that things this light rendering engine looks... bad?

It makes some characters look too highlighted. Mario is a good example of it. Compare how he looks in Ultimate to how he looks in Smash 4 or Odyssey and he looks shiny for some reason. Like his clothes are made of plastic instead of fabric. Since when do clothes reflect light like that?

Not all characters have this issue, and it seems to vary from map to map, but this and the huge dust effects are my only two issues with Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

I've got one for you guys since it seems you love these so much
9 9-9 9-9 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom