• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
If you want to interpret the word ungrateful as being condescending, that's on you, not me.
I mentioned no one by name, and certainly not you, I just quoted a post.
The only one attacking any individual here is you. If you do not find irony in this, then we can continue via PM. My opinion is that from what I've read, this community is acting ungrateful. I'm not calling you a name, I'm not even jumping to conclusions- I'm directly describing the behavior I'm seeing. Just as you called me condescending, I'm not gonna go ballistic for you having your opinion. Again. irony.
I think you are looking at the smash community of being “ungrateful” with the drought of news wrong. From what I can gather from being on this thread people are just anxious of wanting more news. It’s notice people are sending death threats to Sakurai wanting him to pose news they just simply impatient to hear more news from this game because this game is going to be awesome once it is release. Not only that the smash community can be very chilled sometimes the community have hostile moments but so far the most chilled community I been part of. So I’m glad to see people passionate about wanting this game as much as me.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Good to see Armada playing some Smash after retiring from Melee. Bonus points for using male Corrin (not joking).

D

Deleted member

There was a Digimon Adventure PSP game which, naturally, had Brave Heart (the evolution theme) in it, let a man dream.
Does this mean we could get All Star in Smash sense there's a version of it in Donkey Konga 2?

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I'd like both of them. I think Banjo could represent Rare and Master Chief representing Xbox. I just can't see it being realistic as I feel like having some presence on a Nintendo system, however small, is pretty important. There was that cancelled DS game, I think, but still. I'd be content if this was the roster, outside of some small issues, but it has fake written all over it. Still curious if people know if the music track is from anywhere, has any flaws.
Later on in the thread someone found where the track is from

It's a nice looking unfinished logo but I'm gonna have to call fake on this one, (master) chief.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Speaking of Agumon in Smash. I was making a list of the songs I'd like to see if he did get into Smash.

Really this should go in the Agumon thread, but then I'd be preaching to the choir.
To be kind to Mobile Users, I'll just link the songs instead of posting like 20 youtube videos.

From Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory
The Cyber Sleuth (Main Theme)​
Digital Wars (Normal Battle)​
Confront the Enemy (Boss Battle)​
Something Eroding (Special Boss Battle)​
Royal Knights (Royal Knights' Boss Battle)​
Final Phase (CS Final Dungeon theme) (Seriously, give this one a listen even if you listen to no others)
The Anticipated New World (CS Final Boss theme)​
Cyber Duel ("Domination Battle" theme)​
Terror (Arcadiamon Boss Battle) (I really like this one)
Last Cyber Attack (HM Final Boss theme)​
...Cyber Sleuth has a really great soundtrack.
From Digimon World
Accentier (Digimon World: -next 0rder- main theme)​
Tamer Battle (Digimon World 3)​
Boss Battle (Digimon World: Dawn/Dusk)​
From the Anime
There was a Digimon Adventure PSP game which, naturally, had Brave Heart (the evolution theme) in it, let a man dream.

I spent way too long compiling this list, and there are probably tons of other songs that could be used that I missed.
Digimon World 2 have some awesome musics as well!
Imagine some remixes from these songs in Smash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paIm2PKuknA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlL93XRYKLg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7muDFVAscqA&t=77s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpcn-u-I2xQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_23ItCZPJ_0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVY9DoRD2zc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kQ-JMgjBII

Electrick_EEL

Smash Cadet
POSSIBLE DECONFIRMATION OF BLACK KNIGHT:
I have noticed that some characters that had alts of others fighters in the past no longer have those colors

Example: Mario no longer has his Wario alt

Another interesting point is that in Smash 4, Fox had an alt based of Wolf

Now in Ultimate, Fox still has a purplish color like in Smash 4, however, his fur is now also purple, not grey. He also has more blackish sleeves instead of the light purple. Not to mention his pants are now a dark purple instead of black.

Now lets look at Ike's alt that is based on Black Knight from Smash 4

Now look at his alts from Smash Ultimate

As you could see, Black Knight is now mostly likely not playable. Apologies to all you Black Knight supporters out there.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I have noticed that some characters that had alts of others fighters in the past no longer have those colors

Now in Ultimate, Fox still has a purplish color like in Smash 4, however, his fur is now also purple, not grey. He also has more blackish sleeves instead of the light purple. Not to mention his pants are now a dark purple instead of black.

Except Wario isn't new to Ultimate. He's been here since Brawl.

Mario just had more costumes to pick from this time.

Eru13

Smash Apprentice

Fox's Wolf-based color and Kirby's MetaKnight-based color

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Really? He's the first *huge heavyweight (I know Ike is Heavyweight but he's not really that large) with a counter, his crown toss moves in a way unlike other projectiles, and his Blunderbuss and follow up seems unlike anything else in the game! His up-b is unoriginal, but fits his character. But compared to a lot of other characters (Ike, Roy, Lucina, Chrom) I think his moveset is pretty damn interesting.
I think K. Rool's moveset is true to his character, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it all a bit underwhelming.

Don't get me wrong, it's creative and it suits him perfectly, but I don't feel like his moveset is as effective as it should've been. The crown doesn't look like an effective projectile, his recovery leaves him completely vulnerable, and I'm not seeing much range with his attacks. I know tier lists shouldn't matter because Smash is supposed to be a friendly and fun game, but I have to admit that it's a little disheartening to see a popular character perform so badly competitively.

But maybe this is all premature. Perhaps he'll end up being way better than I expected. For now though, I'm worried that K. Rool took notes from Smash 4 Dedede.

Really? He's the first *huge heavyweight (I know Ike is Heavyweight but he's not really that large) with a counter, his crown toss moves in a way unlike other projectiles, and his Blunderbuss and follow up seems unlike anything else in the game! His up-b is unoriginal, but fits his character. But compared to a lot of other characters (Ike, Roy, Lucina, Chrom) I think his moveset is pretty damn interesting.
Granted, K. Rools moveset is a bit of a mish mash and what we've seen so far has been some great representation of the character from previous games. The way the moveset is seemingly thrown together(not a bad thing) somewhat reflects a part of his character, wacky, unhinged, spontaneous and resourceful.

Though I can sort of see why people get perplexed about his moveset(especially people not too familiar with him) but I'd be waiting till we see more of him. A customisable blunderbuss would be awesome though.

From the footage so far he can play a few different roles, which in my eyes makes him look unique and a tantalising prospect to play as, as a fan of heavyweight characters.

Can acknowledge why people can see his moves as a bit underwhelming with valid points, but some are just salty about his inclusion and will hold unhealthy grudges, that can't and won't be helped :)

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Reverse image search didn't give me any results for the unfinished Halo logo. And while the music is definitely not original, the leaker didn't claim it was original, and the music track he posted had a shotgun sound in it that the original does not.

I just don't know why Master Chief would be put in over the Doom Marine as a rated M gun user...unless a Halo collection of sorts is getting ported to the Switch, or Sakurai really does hardcore cheese via the Minecraft skin :troll:

Leaning towards fake just because of skepticism but so far it passes initial smell tests. The OP also didn't say about who was DLC or not, and having all of those characters in base can't possibly be true based on the slowing down reveals comment.

There's enough vagueness and people can make really convincing looking fakes enough for me to doubt it's real.

Grevmak

Smash Cadet
Unrelated to anything being talked about here at the moment, I thought this video was well-made and presented, and I thought some people might like it:

https://youtube.com/watch?time_continue=46&v=JRo_HXJX4O0

I’m having trouble getting the media option to work on my phone. Basically, it’s a video of Sonic’s potential playstyle in Ultimate compared to Smash 4.
Wow, that's an insanely well made and well put video.
Yeah, the initial shock and awe plays a huge role because the other players aren't used to fighting a character no one ever uses. But if it weren't for Nairo proving that the character is at least somewhat competitive, no one else probably would have, and Bowser would've been ranked lower indefinitely. Bowser wasn't some hidden top tier, but he was still more powerful than anyone else at the time was willing to investigate.

Which makes me wonder how many other characters are more powerful than they're given credit for just because they don't appeal enough to the major players to push them to the limit. Almost all of the top tier characters in Smash 4 are also ones that are appeal to a broad audience for one reason or another. A lot of the lower-tier ones are the more niche characters. It's mostly coincidental, as the lists are of course based on objective balance details, but perhaps many of those characters have greater potential than might be evident right now.
Considering Melee vs Smash 4, the latter's still so young competitively. As an example: A Tink just beat up one of the best Bayonettas for example, showing you can play even lower tier characters well and succeed.

I strongly believe that a lot of characters in competitive games are underdeveloped thanks to toptiers being popular because they're toptiers and vise versa probably, too.

Last edited:

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Reverse image search didn't give me any results for the unfinished Halo logo. And while the music is definitely not original, the leaker didn't claim it was original, and the music track he posted had a shotgun sound in it that the original does not.

I just don't know why Master Chief would be put in over the Doom Marine as a rated M gun user...unless a Halo collection of sorts is getting ported to the Switch, or Sakurai really does hardcore cheese via the Minecraft skin :troll:

Leaning towards fake just because of skepticism but so far it passes initial smell tests. The OP also didn't say about who was DLC or not, and having all of those characters in base can't possibly be true based on the slowing down reveals comment.

There's enough vagueness and people can make really convincing looking fakes enough for me to doubt it's real.
It's fake and Doom Slayer is a no go because of no blood.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
By the way, I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but Super Mario Party sold over 140,000 physical copies in Japan over the course of just three days.

Promising numbers for a Mario Party game. Can't wait to see how Let's Go! and Ultimate do this holiday.

Iridium

Smash Hero

I guess this is the Simon gameplay I'll stick with for now, and it's not Ultimate. McLeodGaming was not kidding when they said that they planned him very well too.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Ike coulda been the first heavyweight swordsman with a projectile...
Donkey Kong could have before him...if Sakurai had given him a Barrel Throw move like King Dedede's Gordo Throw.

D

Deleted member

Seeing people pick male Corrin extends my life by 5 years.
I don’t understand why some people prefer one gender of :ultrobinand:ultcorrin:like the two genders of the same characters are different characters somehow. Makes no sense to me.

Then what about Incineroar? :troll:
A FFA with other Pokémon? :p
Hopefully he’ll be pitted against Elma in a video. I wish.

It's fake and Doom Slayer is a no go because of no blood.
Err...Doomguy being from a violent game wouldn’t pose a problem to his chances if :ultbayonetta: is anything to go by. Just my two cents.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I don’t understand why some people prefer one gender of :ultrobinand:ultcorrin:like the two genders of the same characters are different characters somehow. Makes no sense to me.
Personal headcanoning. That's all it is...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd love Master Chief in Smash. He was a perfect addition since Smash itself starting allowing 3rd parties in in general. So since Brawl, I would've been good with him being in. Didn't exist during Melee, if I remember right, so...

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
For some it's aesthetics. Or the voice. Or their preferred gender in character picks in general.

But for RPG fans, when you get to pick your gender for the player character, it becomes a personal attachment. You play through 20+ hours of the game with that character, and somehow seeing the opposite gendered version just feels wrong.

By the way, I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but Super Mario Party sold over 140,000 physical copies in Japan over the course of just three days.

Promising numbers for a Mario Party game. Can't wait to see how Let's Go! and Ultimate do this holiday.
My brother and I picked up the game after solid reviews since my Best Buy GCE membership ends in four days.

Very impressed with it. First time I've enjoyed a Mario Party game since high school.

EDIT: Mountains out of molehills as usual, moderators.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
All this talk about Master Chief in Smash just makes me want Doom Guy more. I am sorry to any Halo fans out there, but Doom was the original FPS (ok technically wolfenstein but lets not open that can of worms) and Doom Guy was the original Space Marine (probably not that either cuz of Warhammer 40k and Aliens but you get the idea)

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Now look at his alts from Smash Ultimate

As you could see, Black Knight is now mostly likely not playable. Apologies to all you Black Knight supporters out there.
This has been known. General consensus among supporters seems to be that DS and Chrom alts were removed so people wouldn't confuse the characters for each other when both are on screen, but no one could possibly confuse Ike for Black Knight just because he's wearing similar colors, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Also it has been altered to look less like Black Knight so some take that as evidence in his favor.

Untouch

Smash Master
You could make Master Chief an echo of Doomguy pretty easily, or the other way around.
They have pretty similar weapons for the most part.

Rocket Launcher -> Brute Shot
Plasma Rifle -> Needler
Sword (DooM Eternal) -> Energy Sword
Grenade -> Plasma Grenade
Soul Cube -> Sentenial Beam
BFG -> Fuel Rod

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's still possible Black Knight maybe a boss but at the same time there'd be better choices for such a role like Grima.

Maybe an assist trophy perhaps?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom