• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
IMO everyone on both sides should just be more accepting of others’ standpoints.

Whether you’re commenting or complaining, just leave people be and enjoy the ride, it will make things all the more better, trust me.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, he looks he'll play like nobody else, I just ranting because his fandom kinda overblown his moveset potential prior to his reveal.
Look man, it's pretty easy to tell you have some sort of vendetta against Ridley and K. Rool. It shows in a lot of your posts.

But like, just tone it down some. It's getting kinda toxic.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
>I says that for me K.Rool kit look kinda bland and Meh.
>Swarm of people jumping from the wood defending their Characters integrity as if I insulted their family

Yo, quote me where I said K.Rool looks like **** badly represented or whatever?

I just said that after reading so much stuff about K.rool during the Ballot era, seeing that into action wasn't as mind blowing as I thought it was and in the end he looked like a simple Character.
I like gimmicky Characters in fighting games, Zeku in SFV/ Noctis in Tekken/ Cloud/Robin in Smash 4

As far as I know y'all getting pumped as if I said he wasn't worth being here. I just said he's a simple Character. Nothing bad about that.
Yeah I feel like some people are getting a bit too bend out of shape about some fans being a bit underwhelmed about how K.Rool turned out. I don't think anyone's saying that K.Rool is a bad inclusion or that he didn't deserve to be in the game, just that after all the hype surrounding him and what he could bring, that the end result was a bit lacking.

I supported K.Rool too (Although not really to the same extend as most fans admittedly) though I can see where the other side is coming from. Especially if they aren't that familiar with his games and had mostly his fan demand, hype and what they had to say about him to go off of. They where probably expecting a bit more out of the character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As far as I’m concerned, K. Rool’s moveset is fine. I don’t see anything wrong with it. If you don’t find interesting, then that’s fine. I don’t care. Aside from Echoes, every character that does have their own moveset is great in their own way.

You all are taking this way too seriously for you own good it’s almost sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
It’s unbecoming of any fan base to delight in the misfortune of another, or to wish misfortune on them.

We receive enough animosity from the rest of the FGC. Save your energy.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Look man, it's pretty easy to tell you have some sort of vendetta against Ridley and K. Rool. It shows in a lot of your posts.

But like, just tone it down some. It's getting kinda toxic.
Exactly he's the only person on this entire site that I "ignore" his toxic and negative posts about anything that's not "relevant" or made within the last 5 years. Really brought me down. Shame as I usually never use the "block or ignore" on any site I go to. But I just couldn't anymore. We can't change what's already done it's time we just accept it and move on. The roster is what it is.

D

Deleted member

I dunno about all this moveset nonsense, but I think we can all agree that a Seth-like character would be real good.

Shoutouts to all my Seth mains from SF4.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I dunno about all this moveset nonsense, but I think we can all agree that a Seth-like character would be real good.

Shoutouts to all my Seth mains from SF4.
Seth? But I don't want another Fire Emblem character!
It’s unbecoming of any fan base to delight in the misfortune of another, or to wish misfortune on them.

We receive enough animosity from the rest of the FGC. Save your energy.
Oh please, competitive Smash needs to prove it's not a joke cause I can guarantee stage morphing will be banned despite being very controllable and we'll still get like 5 stages seen despite the hazard toggle due to the counterpick system not working

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yeah, he looks he'll play like nobody else, I just ranting because his fandom kinda overblown his moveset potential prior to his reveal.
He got a counter that he never used, but his subordinates did. He could have gotten a ground pound with shockwaves instead, which was my vision for a down B.

Otherwise he got everything people wanted, and he's fully unique because of it. So...no?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I never expected there to be the last Smash Direct this month (I mean before DLC and all). Always figured it would be in early November.

Though there is evidence to believe there's going to be a Robin-esque reveal this month.

D

Deleted member

At times it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. People are told they're bad, so they don't play them because they're "bad".

At the same time, as the meta develops, it becomes very clear by tourney results which characters are the best.
It’s also bad for the “bad” characters, as they are considered unviable, so they don’t get played, which means their meta can’t advance, keeping them in the low tier on an endless cycle.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Oh please, competitive Smash needs to prove it's not a joke cause I can guarantee stage morphing will be banned despite being very controllable and we'll still get like 5 stages seen despite the hazard toggle due to the counterpick system not working
All stages have Battlefield and FD variants that are identical. At the very least we'll have varied backgrounds and music.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Seth? But I don't want another Fire Emblem character!
Agreed we really don't need Seth. With his mobility, power, and a spammable projetile in his signature Javelin throw, he'd be broken for sure. Trying to accurately represent his character would make him Bayonetta-tier!

FE: Hero's depiction of Seth is a crime.
Along with the reason being he loves cats although if that was the case why had he never added Meowth to the roster since Melee?
Because we already had Mewtwo to fill Sakurai's arbitrary kitty cat agenda.
It’s also bad for the “bad” characters, as they are considered unviable, so they don’t get played, which means their meta can’t advance, keeping them in the low tier on an endless cycle.
I'm having flashbacks to pre-Abadango Smash 4 Mewtwo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What if one of the reasons Sakurai chose Incineroar was because he wanted another super-heavyweight newcomer?
If that were the case, he could have picked a number of the Alola Pokémon to fit that role. :V

Honestly, the main reason Sakurai would pick Incineroar is the heel wrestler fighting style.

This is all Sakurai would need. :p

EDIT: Image not working, but it's a cleaner version of the leaked concept art (which sadly, doesn't contain the reference to Asian mist).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Real talk, the recent Fire Emblem track should've been a remix from Thracia 776. Show these "FE fans" what a REAL FE game is. :nifty:
Confronting Alvis/Arvis please. In fact, can we just replace Robin with Alvis?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
All stages have Battlefield and FD variants that are identical. At the very least we'll have varied backgrounds and music.
People will probably just ignore them tbh, which is stupid but it has to be this way for some reason. (Even though they’re literally all balanced)

D

Deleted member

Anything for Fire Emblem to finally not have a ****ing sword-user. I had hope with Robin and just can't deal with the Levin Sword play-style sometimes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok but then you need to set a Robin amiibo on fire
Agreed we really don't need Seth. With his mobility, power, and a spammable projetile in his signature Javelin throw, he'd be broken for sure. Trying to accurately represent his character would make him Bayonetta-tier!

FE: Hero's depiction of Seth is a crime.

Because we already had Mewtwo to fill Sakurai's arbitrary kitty cat agenda.

I'm having flashbacks to pre-Abadango Smash 4 Mewtwo.
The reason FE Seth came to mind is because he's ****ing disgusting lmao
That's true I suppose, but considering we have viable stage layouts because of the hazard toggle. I fear everything will just become a counterpick and nobody will play them beause it's what happened for 4

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Real talk, the recent Fire Emblem track should've been a remix from Thracia 776. Show these "FE fans" what a REAL FE game is. :nifty:
Real talk, Awakening still has the best top-to-bottom soundtrack. It's so ****ing good.

But yes. Any FE pre-3DS is horribly underappreciated.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Yeah, wasn't Bowser considered garbage in Smash 4 until Nairo showed up to a tournament with him and just mopped the floor with everybody, because he was the only one who decided to really dig into the character and find out what he's capable of, and no one knew how to counter it?

I have a feeling that R.O.B. might be a more competitive character if some of the better players put time into learning him, but he is a weird character both in gameplay and origin, so he doesn't appeal to many people the same way other top-tier characters do.

Last edited:

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
People will probably just ignore them tbh, which is stupid but it has to be this way for some reason. (Even though they’re literally all balanced)
I wouldn't be so sure. The reason FD variants aren't used in 4 is because they aren't the same. Literally no reason to not use them now that they're identical. All you need to do is press a button and it's done.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
the only way to solve this is consistent, competitive focused, balance patches. Nerfs and Buffs are the only way to artificially shake up the meta and push players into lower tier characters.

Then there's the natural way to shake up the meta, aka the Melee method, which is let the community play the game for a decade until some one trick figures out how to be godtier with their midtier character ala Armada, Axe, Hbox, Amsa, Wobbles

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Real talk, Awakening still has the best top-to-bottom soundtrack. It's so ****ing good.

But yes. Any FE pre-3DS is horribly underappreciated.
I'd argue that Fates edges out Awakening barely, but yes, they're both amazing. Two of my all time favorite OSTS without a doubt

where the **** is my fates music in smash we dont need more lost in thoughts remixes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom