• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Does anyone else want another Ice Climber game?

I mean I don't care that much about whether it get's one or not, but it'd be really cool... pun not intended

then they can get more music and stages and stuff in Smash polar bear as playable character?!

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
How many I think (DLC included)

-Bandana Dee
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Black Knight(E)
-Dixie Kong(E)
-Felix(E)
-Geno
-Isabella(E)
-Isaac
-Ken(E)
-Medusa(E)
-Retro Rep or Rhythm Heaven Rep
-Namco rep
-Octoling(E)
-Pokemon Gen 7 rep
-Rex & Pyra
-Shadow(E)
-Skull Kid

I can dream...
I don’t think you’ll be too disappointed, dreamy or not.

This game is perfect for DLC. Not only is it already complete, but no one could blame the DLC on Sakurai not getting as much done as possible.
On top of that, the advertisement is legendary. If they go for it, this game could see so many more characters, stages, items, music, or whatever.
It would confuse me if they didn’t. Overwatch and League of Legends character updates have to have had an affect on how developers view DLC.
They would make sooooo much money if they slowly dropped new characters and content over the next couple of years.
I see them surprising us with DLC this time around. I really do.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You're excused to your room. Log off and take your string beans up to your room. Only come back when they are finished.
But that's not arguing the point at all, they're definitely not villains.

D

Deleted member

Well, aside from a Smash annoucement, what else is everyone hoping for in the Direct? I've already mentioned a Link's Awakening remake, but I also wish we could get some new info on other Switch titles, specifically Metroid Prime 4, Shin Megami Tensei 5, and Bayonetta 3.
Metroid Prime 4 and Yoshi's Crafted World hasn't been seen since E3 2017. That's more than a year and a thirds. At this point, we HAVE to know what's going on. Bayonetta 3 is in a similar case, almost been a year since it's been revealed since The Game Awards 2017.
Hell, I think we're even gonna get a Shin Megami Tensei V trailer, since we haven't seen that game in a year and half, it feels like. We only got confirmation since the January 2017 Presentation and one trailer and that's it.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well, aside from a Smash annoucement, what else is everyone hoping for in the Direct? I've already mentioned a Link's Awakening remake, but I also wish we could get some new info on other Switch titles, specifically Metroid Prime 4, Shin Megami Tensei 5, and Bayonetta 3.
Most definitely Yoshi's Crafted World :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Metroid Prime 4 and Yoshi's Crafted World hasn't been seen since E3 2017. That's more than a year and a thirds. At this point, we HAVE to know what's going on. Bayonetta 3 is in a similar case, almost been a year since it's been revealed since The Game Awards 2017.
Hell, I think we're even gonna get a Shin Megami Tensei V trailer, since we haven't seen that game in a year and half, it feels like. We only got confirmation since the January 2017 Presentation and one trailer and that's it.
I know. I'm legititemly surprised that Bayonetta 3 has taken this long in development.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
A Pikmin 4 trailer.

Please.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
A mainline Animal Crossing game for the Switch please

Also I’d like more Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Hey guys what up i can't wait for the Shantae fans to become the new ashley fans
Tomorrow
Don't do this ****.
Keep in mind, it's a Nintendo direct. We're likely not getting any characters disconfirmed unless they correlate with a potential reveal as an AT or apart of their home stage shown through the reveal trailer.
Also:
Don't worry guys. It's guaranteed were getting Skull Kid at least. Evidence is all just pointing to him. He's probably the one or among the newcomers announced tomorrow.

Y'all will be getting your Legend of Zelda rep.
Don't say anyone is a lock or guaranteed.

Like I think Skull Kid is likely, but don't have that mentality or it'll hurt.
A lot of people got extremely disappointed with this iteration and last ones thinking a character would come through, but eventually didn't.
However, I think it would be neat to see him revealed tomorrow alongside other potential characters for the game. I personally won't bet on any specific character being revealed tomorrow, since this is Nintendo after all.
Anyone they throw into the fray gets celebrated and a dosage of hype.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Villains/rivals

I put that there just to not have this conversation.
Edgey sometimes antagonists.
Antagonists aren't the same thing as villains. Rivals only makes sense for Scorpion.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Who cares if they reveal a character? We will all know who is in the game on December 3 and anything that has happened since E3 will matter absolutely nothing.
We’re not really setting ourselves up for disappointment. There is a good amount of evidence towards a newcomer reveal.

As for who cares, must of us do. You’re in a speculation thread, if you hadn’t noticed.
Yeah, we will know on December, in three months, but we can also get a taste now.

And you’re wrong, everything from E3 to release won’t cease to matter. I, along with many others, have fond memories of the Smash 4 reveals four years after the game came out, and the same will happen for Ultimate.
I might even eventually tell my kids about how I absolutely lost my god damn mind when Ridley was announced.
The journey is almost just as fun as the destination. Even though I really want that destination right about now.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I just had a pretty dope idea.

So you know how in previous games, at the end of Classic Mode/All Star Mode, your character's trophy would be displayed with all the other trophies of characters you beat Classic Mode/All Star Mode with? I was thinking with this game, maybe they can take the big character mural and have it slowly fill in once you beat classic mode with certain characters. Once you beat classic with everyone, the mural will fill completely.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
We’re not really setting ourselves up for disappointment. There is a good amount of evidence towards a newcomer reveal.

As for who cares, must of us do. You’re in a speculation thread, if you hadn’t noticed.
Yeah, we will know on December, in three months, but we can also get a taste now.

And you’re wrong, everything from E3 to release won’t cease to matter. I, along with many others, have fond memories of the Smash 4 reveals four years after the game came out, and the same will happen for Ultimate.
I might even eventually tell my kids about how I absolutely lost my god damn mind when Ridley was announced.
The journey is almost just as fun as the destination. Even though I really want that destination right about now.
Bruh don't entertain it, dude comes in every once in a while to out-negative everyone and tell people to grow up or something

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
There are no more newcomers. In fact, I heard that licensing issues didn't work out so Simon and Richter aren't even getting in anymore. Sorry guys :/

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

So you know how in previous games, at the end of Classic Mode/All Star Mode, your character's trophy would be displayed with all the other trophies of characters you beat Classic Mode/All Star Mode with? I was thinking with this game, maybe they can take the big character mural and have it slowly fill in once you beat classic mode with certain characters. Once you beat classic with everyone, the mural will fill completely.
That'd give me actual incentive to do classic mode with everyone

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

:kirby: Yes! Dope indeed.
I yes this twice, perhaps 8 times.

Someone's gotta do it :yoshi:
You could make a killing on Twitch with the backing you’ve got from us, your biggest fans.

If only you could get someone to animate a little tool to get Yoshi to Mouth your words for it. I’d watch that daily.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Antagonists aren't the same thing as villains. Rivals only makes sense for Scorpion.
Incineroar is clearly featured as a rival in the latest movie.
Scorpion is a rival to any fighter.
And Skull Kid with the mask is a clear villain.
Now, eat your beans.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Incineroar is clearly featured as a rival in the latest movie.
Scorpion is a rival to any fighter.
And Skull Kid with the mask is a clear villain.
Now, eat your beans.
The latest movie or anything from the anime most likely wasn’t a factor in Sakurai’s decision

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You know what I want in this direct?

A port of Persona 5 similar to Persona 4 Golden on the Switch.

Atlus made P4G to support the Vita, and similarly they'd make Persona 5 (Crimson?) to support the Switch.

Plus, then Joker could be a DLC character or something.

Also, just a reminder that if we don't get Skull Kid or Isaac tomorrow I must change my avatar to something anti-Joker. Feel free to screenshot this and remind me. I've already got the stuff picked out. I look forward to tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Ok here’s a game!

What do you want your most wanted newcomers to do on the mural and which characters would you place them next to?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Does anyone else want another Ice Climber game?

I mean I don't care that much about whether it get's one or not, but it'd be really cool... pun not intended

then they can get more music and stages and stuff in Smash polar bear as playable character?!
I'd be all for it. To be honest though, I think they'd suit a mobile game like an endless climber.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Atlus made P4G to support the Vita, and similarly they'd make Persona 5 (Crimson?) to support the Switch.

Also, just a reminder that if we don't get Skull Kid or Isaac tomorrow I must change my avatar to something anti-Joker. Feel free to screenshot this and remind me.
Ooh that sounds like fun, I should make a bet.

If we don't get Skull kid, I'll... uh try and uh...

...make my avatar bald.

Yep. That's it.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No offense to any of you, but are Animal Crossing and Pikmin really that good? I've seen a good number of people before that are big fans of those series. What are they like?
I've never been big on Pikmin, but I love AC. Animal Crossing is a simple life sim. But it is adorable. It occurs in realtime (i.e. 6 pm irl is 6 pm in the game and the sun is going down). You fish, catch bugs, decorate your home, make friends with animal villagers. You work to keep your town looking nice, grow fruit trees, etc. Pretty much you are free to do what you want free of consequences. I take that back, don't mess with bees, tarantulas, or scorpions.

Just search Youtube, there are plenty of New Leaf videos.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I’ll be changing my avatar tomorrow in celebration of whoever tomorrow’s newcomer is, Super stoked!

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Also, just a reminder that if we don't get Skull Kid or Isaac tomorrow I must change my avatar to something anti-Joker. Feel free to screenshot this and remind me.
You. You have great taste. That would be a nice surprise during the direct.

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking forward to more Luigi's Mansion 3D, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Super Mario Party stuff because those are basically a given.

As for hopes? Uh...maybe more Bowser's Inside Story DX stuff would be cool. Odyssey DLC would be flipping amazing but that's not happening. Same goes for Kart 8 Deluxe DLC.

...and is asking for a Paper Mario: TTYD remake too much to ask?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The latest movie or anything from the anime most likely wasn’t a factor in Sakurai’s decision
Incineroar is based on a heel. The villain/antagonist character in a wrestling arc.
Probably where his dark type factors in.
We will see, if he gets used, how he is represented in the game's campaign mode or characterized in blog posts and trophies.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd personally want remakes for both SMT I and II, as well as a port of Nocturne to the Switch. And I also want Flynn for Ultimate along with Jack Frost.
So I guess you and I are similar, except you're the Persona and I'm the SMT fan. And that's cool. I'm not a massive anti-Persona persona or anything, I just really want to talk about SMT, but I don't have anywhere to talk to anyone about it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You. You have great taste. That would be a nice surprise during the direct.
I'd honestly just take a straight-up port of P5 too. I'd honestly buy that.

Even better, remake Persona 3, mixing the story/cutscenes of FES with the gameplay of P3P, rerelease P4G on the Switch with a slight update, and add elements to Persona 5 to make it Persona 5 Crimson.

How to make my wallet commit suicide right there.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Incineroar is based on a heel. The villain/antagonist character in a wrestling arc.
Probably where his dark type factors in.
We will see, if he gets used, how he is represented in the game's campaign mode or characterized in blog posts and trophies.
There's a villain, and then there's acting like a villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom