• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It is awesome.

Also, what would be awesome is if Smash had:

Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat = Ken (Echo) and Scorpion + Sub-Zero (Echo)
Street Fighter vs Tekken = Heihachi
SNK vs Capcom = Terry Bogard
Terry Bogard id the only one out of those 3 I could see happening.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't mind Shantae being in smash but it seems very unlikely
Based on the popularity and how high in the ballot she was. I'd say she has a decent chance. Not as big as say like Bandana Dee, Banjo-Kazooie (Likely DLC), Isaac, Geno, etc.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don't mind Shantae being in smash but it seems very unlikely
Chances are, she'll probably be in either as an Assist Trophy, a trophy, or both. Having her get in like any I mentioned would be a bonus for her fans just like how Shovel Knight came into the field as an AT

D

Deleted member

I've always wondered as to why inde characters like Shante and Shovel Knight were big deals. Hey, it's perfectly cool to support a character of your choice, but it seems like some people were 100% sure they were going to be in. I wonder were the big boost in popularity came from?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Nether my man this is not the hostility I've come to love you for not showing! Have a nap bro the drought is almost over
My hostility isn’t a thing. I am being terse, but never meaning any offense. I’m just doing several things at once.

No offenses meant. Count on it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I've always wondered as to why inde characters like Shante and Shovel Knight were big deals. Hey, it's perfectly cool to support a character of your choice, but it seems like some people were 100% sure they were going to be in. I wonder were the big boost in popularity came from?
The games are popular so they are too.
It's not really all that complex.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
My hostility isn’t a thing. I am being terse, but never meaning any offense. I’m just doing several things at once.

No offenses meant. Count on it.
Thas my boy

People decided the entire indie scene needed a rep I think

Iridium

Smash Hero
I wonder if we can come up with some interesting Stamina matches to do when the game comes out. I hope we at least get a slightly higher cap on HP, to 500 at the most.

I was thinking (for now): :ultlink::ultzelda::ulttoonlink::ultsheik::ultyounglink: (180 HP each, 900 total) :ultganondorf::ultganondorf::ultganondorf: (300 HP each, 900 total), and any match can go like that. I might as well do what I can with the casual modes given, so yeah.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
My only guess is that there will be a newcomer announced. That's it. And I really hope it's an unsafe Sleeper newcomer tomorrow.

Last edited:

7982Brick

Smash Cadet
I should say something before the direct airs tomorrow. If the character you want gets announced congratulations. If the character that you want doesn't get announced tomorrow well there's always next direct. If the character that you want is somehow an assist trophy don't be sad there's always next game. If a character that you don't like gets announced don't hate on those that are happy about that character. All in all, I know where all excited to see which character will be announced tomorrow. I hope the character that you really want gets announced either tomorrow or in the future.

D

Deleted member

I hope my attitude and tone was consistent during this past week. I don't like to have info droughts get to me :yoshi:
But Zinith, this past week you haven't answered the most hard hitting question yet. People want Boshi in Smash... But people never say "Joshy for Smash"...
Joshy's competing, Mario. Someday, Mario.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
If we got Isaac and Skull Kid, I'd be 100% certain that the next character is a Pokémon from Sun & Moon.
Sakurai and his bloody mindgames you know.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I hope my attitude and tone was consistent during this past week. I don't like to have info droughts get to me :yoshi:
Zinith, you are one of the most consistent people on here. Not only that, but you're a national treasure. Never change.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Stages. Get over it.
Sheesh, what was that for? I was just speculating. You know, that thing we do 80% of the time in this thread?

Obviously at least SOME of them have to be relevant to a new fighter. As well, Stages are only ever posted on Wednesday along with music. Meaning stages can, at most, only be two of those.

Lol, no matter how you say it "get over it" is condescending.
Like for real though, that came out of nowhere.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I should say something before the direct airs tomorrow. If the character you want gets announced congratulations. If the character that you want doesn't get announced tomorrow well there's always next direct. If the character that you want is somehow an assist trophy don't be sad there's always next game. If a character that you don't like gets announced don't hate on those that are happy about that character. All in all, I know where all excited to see which character will be announced tomorrow. I hope the character that you really want gets announced either tomorrow or in the future.
We need people like you here. I love you.

Okay i will
Thank you man. No hard feelings, just want to help you out.
BTW, to respond to me properly, click the quote button then type. It notifies me and contains my response in your post.

Last edited:

Booper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
A lot of it comes from love for the characters and games, same as any other character, at least for me, but I think the 100% lockers are just a very vocal minority.
There's enough reason, in my mind, to suspect Shantae is probably in the game in SOME form, but that could even just be a normal trophy (which would still be AWESOME, because any attention in something like Smash is huge.)

I think that anyone shouting 100% lock for any character comes off as a bit crazy, and a character that has a slim chance, like Shantae, comes off as even crazier, but I believe firmly that is just a few loud outliers, and not the fan base as a whole.

Last edited:

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys how many new comers do you think we have left including Echos i would say 10 Max

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
A lot of it comes from love for the characters and games, same as any other character, at least for me, but I think the 100% lockers are just a very vocal minority.
There's enough reason, in my mind, to suspect Shantae is probably in the game in SOME form, but that could even just be a normal trophy (which would still be AWESOME, because any attention in something like Smash is huge.)

I think that anyone shouting 100% lock for any character comes off as a bit crazy, and a character that has a slim chance, like Shantae, comes off as even crazier, but I believe firmly that is just a few loud outliers, and not the fan base as a whole.
Shantae will never get into Smash

D

Deleted member

The games are popular so they are too.
It's not really all that complex.
True. Guess that was kind of a stupid question on my part. Just didn't expect to see two inde games get that much support, but hey.
And rejocing time for me! I've found another SMT fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom