• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Real talk, I think the Zelda series is desperate need of a newcomer. Zelda's one the biggest names in gaming, and it's been stuck with the same 5 characters for two decades. That to me is a disservice to one of the most iconic series in gaming. So I personally hope we get a new Zelda character in Ultimate, and I don't care who it is. Skull Kid, Impa Echo for Shiek, Pig Ganon, One of the champions from Breath of The Wild, hell I'll even take Tingle as a joke character, just please give Zelda a new character this time Sakurai!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
That just gave me an idea for a new game: Favorite Koopalings?

Mine would be :ultbowserjr: himself, :4morton: and :4iggy:
I’m going to rank them all. I actually like all of them. This was much harder than it should have been.

8) Morton Koopa Jr.
7) Roy Koopa
6) Wendy O’ Koopa
5) Ludwig Von Koopa
4) Iggy Koopa
3) Bowser Jr.
2) Larry Koopa
1) Lemmy Koopa

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Speaking of the Smash blog, I still can't believe Ryu being in Smash Bros feels so normal. I wish that leak hadn't happened so we'd all really be in for a shock when he suddenly showed up in his trailer.
I’m shook that this:
Is an ACTUAL, OFFICAL thing.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Speaking of the Smash blog, I still can't believe Ryu being in Smash Bros feels so normal. I wish that leak hadn't happened so we'd all really be in for a shock when he suddenly showed up in his trailer.
It's probably also because Ryu plays very similar to himself in Street Fighter while with other characters we are playing or fighting with them for the first time.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Real talk, I think the Zelda series is desperate need of a newcomer. Zelda's one the biggest names in gaming, and it's been stuck with the same 5 characters for two decades. That to me is a disservice to one of the most iconic series in gaming. So I personally hope we get a new Zelda character in Ultimate, and I don't care who it is. Skull Kid, Impa Echo for Shiek, Pig Ganon, One of the champions from Breath of The Wild, hell I'll even take Tingle as a joke character, just please give Zelda a new character this time Sakurai!
Honestly, just give us Skull Kid and Impa, and I will never ask for another Zelda character ever again.

No matter what happens tomorrow, if we do get Skull Kid, I will be happy beyond the Moo- wait, uhm ... Perhaps not the Moon, but you know what I mean.
Because ... Just imagine how it has felt hearing that you're favourite Zelda character is just a "one-off" character that will never get a chance to be playable. I think it means something for the "one-off's" out there. It's not just another Zelda newcomer, but it's a victory. Just like how Ridley showed us that size really did not matter, and that K. Rool would free us from the stigma of relevance. Skull Kid will be just another victory.

Also, Impa be a cool ass Echo, nuff said.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Well I got a weird dream about the direct. Here’s what I actually remember.

-Skull Kid is still an assist
-We also get Sephiroth, Viewtiful Joe, and Black Knight as assists
-A new Rhythm Heaven game with an unconfirmed title. It’s teased but not confirmed that they will get a Smash character also

Dreams shouldn’t be hurting me like this.
I'm going to re-quote this in case it miraculously actually happens and people begin cursing my name.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Whatever I missed I couple of pages...I’ll probably it check out later...

So random question, for those who are gonna try out :ultinkling:, what characters are you gonna look forward to covering in Ink?

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Honestly, just give us Skull Kid and Impa, and I will never ask for another Zelda character ever again.

No matter what happens tomorrow, if we do get Skull Kid, I will be happy beyond the Moo- wait, uhm ... Perhaps not the Moon, but you know what I mean.
Because ... Just imagine how it has felt hearing that you're favourite Zelda character is just a "one-off" character that will never get a chance to be playable. I think it means something for the "one-off's" out there. It's not just another Zelda newcomer, but it's a victory. Just like how Ridley showed us that size really did not matter, and that K. Rool would free us from the stigma of relevance. Skull Kid will be just another victory.

Also, Impa be a cool *** Echo, nuff said.
Couldn't agree with this more. Zelda's my favorite Nintendo franchise, and I'm really hoping they get someone new. Obviously, Impa is my top choice, but I'd be thrilled with Skull Kid, as well.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Also, Impa be a cool *** Echo, nuff said.
My "Sakurai add these and I'll never complain/ask for something again" characters are Ridley, Skull Kid and Tetra.

#1 is in already, and #2 is already looking likely.

If BOTH Skull Kid and Tetra are playable in Ultimate I honestly won't know how to react.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Your reaction: No characters announced for Smash tomorrow.

I don't see that happening but let's entertain that idea.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Whatever I missed I couple of pages...I’ll probably it check out later...

So random question, for those are gonna try out :ultinkling:, what characters are you gonna look forward to covering in Ink?
Similar question could apply to my boi

I'm looking forward to eating :ultridley: not only because it's funny but to see how the hurtbox mechanics work at his size :yoshi:

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys what up i can't wait for the Shantae fans to become the new ashley fans
Tomorrow

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Couldn't agree with this more. Zelda's my favorite Nintendo franchise, and I'm really hoping they get someone new. Obviously, Impa is my top choice, but I'd be thrilled with Skull Kid, as well.
Same here, man. Every other series has gotten newcomers but Zelda. That's rough for us Zelda fans, man.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Don't worry guys. It's guaranteed were getting Skull Kid at least. Evidence is all just pointing to him. He's probably the one or among the newcomers announced tomorrow.

Y'all will be getting your Legend of Zelda rep.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Furries? Scalies?

Human Gang run **** [insert every human(oid) smash character]

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
The leak was kinda the dev team's fault for leaving the music in there.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It’s amazing how Ryu fits the style of Smash so perfectly beyond his fighting style and body design

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My top choice for a Zelda newcomer has almost always been Tetra.

I used to be more of a Toon Zelda supporter but leaned towards Tetra more and more over time. Wind Waker means a lot to me and Tetra being playable in a Smash game would make me absolutely ecstatic.

My next pick would be Skull Kid, though. I can at least hope that we could get both of them......

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
My “Never ask me for anything again” characters would be Waluigi, Banjo, Krystal, Goroh, Toad, Dixie, and Impa.

Would ultimately satisfied with all of them and not care who else gets in.

Funny enough, I wouldn’t really care if the ones that weren’t deconfirmed weren’t in this time cept Banjo.

I’d save them for SSB6 imo.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
- Zelda
- Sheik
- Link
- Young Link
- Toon Link
- Ganondorf

That's six characters ya fool!

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Shantae fan Voice "Why is Isnt Shantae Playable but Chrom from Trash emblem Sakurai Sucks this franchise is ****ing ass"

Booper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys what up i can't wait for the Shantae fans to become the new ashley fans
Tomorrow
You're free to have your own feelings on characters and fan bases, but there's just one thing that confuses me.
Why and how do you expect Shantae to get deconfirmed tomorrow?
An assist trophy segment in a general direct seems odd, and there aren't too many other ways to make a character 100% out in a direct.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I’m shook that this:
Is an ACTUAL, OFFICAL thing.
It is awesome.

Also, what would be awesome is if Smash had:

Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat = Ken (Echo) and Scorpion + Sub-Zero (Echo)
Street Fighter vs Tekken = Heihachi
SNK vs Capcom = Terry Bogard

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind Shantae being in smash but it seems very unlikely

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Does anyone have a character they think would be cool in Smash, but will probabbly never happen?
One of them for me is Contra's main character Bill Rizier.
The GREATEST fighting game character of all time. The one who TRULY represents us Americans...
BRIAN BATTLER FROM KING OF FIGHTERS '94.

King_Of_Fighters_98_UM_OL-Brian_Battler.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom