• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
real talk here I think the best character to represent Xenoblade 2 is so obvious that it hurts me to even remind people.
View attachment 163475
Floren would be at the bottom of my like 5 Xenoblade character list and yet... still significantly above Rex.
(some desperate part of me is hoping Addam gets in DLC instead of Rex thanks to Golden Country, but I shouldn't delude myself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't care give me a 8th FE rep i want Celica so bad **** the haters
I mean for whatever it's worth, this old 4chan text leak hasn't been debunked yet. :p
image.jpeg
It wasn't edited, it claimed Isabelle was in about a week before Vergeben did (not too hard, but somewhat notable), and it -seemingly- had some info on the 8/8 Direct (that it'd show off one of the listed newcomers [Simon], that Ashley was an Assist, and that it'd be in August [though the timeframe may have been a smidge off depending on where you draw the line between early and mid]).

Likely still a coincidental fake because lol 4chan, but it has something going for it at least. More than CEOthitelle. :p

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Fairly certain maintenance wouldn't stop a direct from happening they don't need NN to play a youtube and/or twitch stream

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Isabelle as a unique fighter is an interesting idea, though I still stand by that she'd work just fine as a Villager echo.

Amiibo Festival and Happy Home Designer basically showed her using tools(And even boxing), so her 'swinging an axe' isn't as ridiculous as people make it out to be, just have her be like Peach and have her look away when she swings it.
There’s also the third option that absolutely nobody ever brings up, which is semi-clone.

Why doesn’t anyone ever talk about semi-clones anymore? If we can get unique newcomers, we can get semi-clones too.

Shroob

Sup?
Fairly certain maintenance wouldn't stop a direct from happening they don't need NN to play a youtube and/or twitch stream
Maintenence gives more credibility of it happening.

Since they usually do "X is available after the Direct."

They can't put the games/dlc/whatever up before the Direct, so they time it to finish when the Direct ends.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
I mean for whatever it's worth, this old 4chan text leak hasn't been debunked yet. :p
View attachment 163476It wasn't edited, it claimed Isabelle was in about a week before Vergeben did (not too hard, but somewhat notable), and it -seemingly- had some info on the 8/8 Direct (that it'd show off one of the listed newcomers [Simon], that Ashley was an Assist, and that it'd be in August [though the timeframe may have been a smidge off depending on where you draw the line between early and mid]).

Likely still a coincidental fake because lol 4chan, but it has something going for it at least. More than CEOthitelle. :p
If Elma's is in with these characters then i've got most wanted characters ever.

i want it to be true purely based on bias but it's prob not

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I think the bigger coincidence is that it has Celica in it and you've been pushing her for a long time.
Could personal bias play some part in this? hmmmmmmmmmm
thinking sun.gif

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's true, but they don't "use up as much data" or so.

It's not like Smash has a file-size limit of whatever gigabytes and a unique Dark Samus would've gone over that somehow.
Well Nintendo is full of data saving compression wizards. Given enough off the same data, you might be able to compress it by just saving the differences between characters and their echoes.

I know the Light and Dark World in A Link to the Past is basically just stored as one map, with the differences between the two being saved. Now obviously maps and characters aren't the same thing but I'm wondering if similar stuff can be done for characters and to what extent it can be done.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is the maintenance tomorrow? I mean, it's possible we're getting the Direct on the US Thursday anyway. About how long from now would we normally get a tweet anyway?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was thinking that it’s been almost a week since our direct announcement and we still have zero solid evidence that it’s around the corner. And perhaps this is just desperately hoping but what if they are taking the time to try and improve the Direct considering some content that most likely was included it in was leaked or revealed like Civ 6 and MM11? In addition, knowing that people are literally going bat **** insane waiting for it, they want to make sure they make up for it (and perhaps as a love letter to the people of Hokkaido) by making the Direct even better. Like a “Thank you for understanding” present to everyone.

Or am I jeopardizing my sanity again?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
There’s also the third option that absolutely nobody ever brings up, which is semi-clone.

Why doesn’t anyone ever talk about semi-clones anymore? If we can get unique newcomers, we can get semi-clones too.
Well, we've yet to see one this game.

It could happen, but at the same time, we've only gotten unique newcomers, or echo fighters.

Would feel weird to just suddenly drop a semi-clone into the mix.

D

Deleted member

Isabelle's proportion don't even match New Leaf Villager, much less Smash Villager

(Ignore the fact this is an Youtube thumbnail, this was the first ingame image with them side by side)
Shorter arms and legs and different head. And for the record, Smash Villager has arms just as long as this one while being chubbier and smaller so there's no way Isabelle can fit their proportions.

Shroob

Sup?
Isabelle's proportion don't even match New Leaf Villager, much less Smash Villager

(Ignore the fact this is an Youtube thumbnail, this was the first ingame image with them side by side)
Shorter arms and legs and different head. And for the record, Smash Villager has arms just as long as this one while being chubbier and smaller so there's no way Isabelle can fit their proportions.
"There's no way---"

7117bd32f55deacb1115e98e58d15d88--memes-super.jpg

Sakurai, "Watch THIS!"

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think the bigger coincidence is that it has Celica in it and you've been pushing her for a long time.
View attachment 163478
Well yeah that's the only reason I took note of it to begin with lol. Just fun to speculate over.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I was thinking that it’s been almost a week since our direct announcement and we still have zero solid evidence that it’s around the corner. And perhaps this is just desperately hoping but what if they are taking the time to try and improve the Direct considering some content that most likely was included it in was leaked or revealed like Civ 6 and MM11? In addition, knowing that people are literally going bat **** insane waiting for it, they want to make sure they make up for it (and perhaps as a love letter to the people of Hokkaido) by making the Direct even better. Like a “Thank you for understanding” present to everyone.

Unless they want to postpone the Splatoon 2 update again and kinda overlap with when Nintendo Online launches, it's pretty much set to be this week

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

Well they could always put in a second Smash character in...

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah, and Simon's a hunk while Richter's a twink.

This is just semantics.

Last edited:

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
View attachment 163478
Let us be honest if any leak like this has anyone's most want characters they would be the same. *cough* Lyn ;)

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Because with the
1. introduction of the echo name-tag
2. the fact that 99% of people are happy with their character as a near 1:1 copy of another character
3. echoes taking far less work
4. echoes taking far less balancing
5. and the fact that our last semi-clone in the base roster was in Brawl, a DECADE ago...

I don't see semi-clones happening when you could easily put in less work and money, slap the echo tag on a character, and call it a day.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

just...change her proportions...Lucina's way taller than she should be it really doesn't matter

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Well, we've yet to see one this game.

It could happen, but at the same time, we've only gotten unique newcomers, or echo fighters.

Would feel weird to just suddenly drop a semi-clone into the mix.
Would they treat a semi-clone as a unique newcomer, with a trailer and everything? Smash 4 didn’t have any newcomer semi-clones, only new full clones, so that doesn’t offer any info to that end. I ask this since Ultimate doesn’t have any distinction between semi-clones and unique characters.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

People always bring this up whenever someone suggests Isabelle as an echo. It's not impossible for them to alter her design to match up more. "But it'd look weird!!". We don't know that. Did they ever specify they must be a 1 to 1 match in every single area to be an echo? All I remember is weight and speed.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
You don't know any bi guys?

Good, I got you covered: Most of the bi dudes I know like the pretty things, so I think that preference is shared.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Semi-clone is a fanmade term. We have Chrom. Consider him one.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's funny how changing the name to Echo fighter completely changed the attitude towards them.

It's like a magic word.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Because with the
1. introduction of the echo name-tag
2. the fact that 99% of people are happy with their character as a near 1:1 copy of another character
3. echoes taking far less work
4. echoes taking far less balancing
5. and the fact that our last semi-clone in the base roster was in Brawl, a DECADE ago...

I don't see semi-clones happening when you could easily put in less work and money, slap the echo tag on a character, and call it a day.
The be pretty honest, the only time semi-clones were added was in Brawl and Brawl alone, where existing clones were upgraded and others were made. Both Melee and Smash 4 only had full clones

Shroob

Sup?
Like, are we seriously arguing that "Isabelle wouldn't work?"

Lucina is taller than she should be.

Richter isn't as bulky as Simon.

RIDLEY: EXISTS.

Sorry, but Isabelle being slapped onto Villager's model isn't as crazy as it sounds. Hell, it'd probably make her even cuter.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Wouldn’t be too hard to do some body work if she were to be an echo
It's funny how changing the name to Echo fighter completely changed the attitude towards them.

It's like a magic word.
It has to be
well tbf I can't say i don't blame them
View attachment 163483
Average

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Whilst this isn't an official model or artwork, Isabelle could quite easily work at Villager's height. She'd look a bit more chibi actually, which I'm kinda down for. Also Digby palette swap maybe?
_mmd_model__isabelle_and_digby_download_by_sab64-daycyv4.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom