• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
I just hope to Mama Luigi that something is announced for Thursday just so we all can have something to talk about here on the boards as opposed to all the boring random nonsense this blog keeps putting out there!

Would be playing my copy of Batman Arkham Knight (Recently got it even I'm a year late to the party) right now! But I got the regular vanilla which doesn't have all the DLC in it and they never made a Game Of The Year Edition (Meaning I have to purchase every single thing of DLC just make the game seem complete)!

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Like, are we seriously arguing that "Isabelle wouldn't work?"

Lucina is taller than she should be.

Richter isn't as bulky as Simon.

RIDLEY: EXISTS.

Sorry, but Isabelle being slapped onto Villager's model isn't as crazy as it sounds. Hell, it'd probably make her even cuter.
It's really weird. The only defense I've seen to the altering Isabelle's design a bit argument is her "looking weird". That's not really a valid defense when we don't know how she'd look, and Ultimate has nailed the cuter and more cartoony characters anyways.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
just...change her proportions...Lucina's way taller than she should be it really doesn't matter
No she isn't. She was an alternate costume way before ever becoming playable. She wasn't just suddenly given new proportions. She was already an alt for quite a long time and was still only given a pixel of difference. Isabelle's definitely wayyyyyyyyy off proportion-wise. It makes more sense and is far easier to just give her a clone-style moveset ala Pichu if they don't want to make her unique. She still has a fairly similar bodyshape and just needs more tweaks than your average Echo, but is easy to do. Most of the stuff, while isn't entirely accurate(she doesn't use tools like any of the other Villagers or the actual playable character himself does).

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Every gay guy I know plans to main Richter.
You know, I planned on quoting a half dozen users who tried to claim 'semi clone' was ever a legitimate term, or that it is different than what we know of as echoes...

But yes. Richter is surprisingly stunning. How did I miss a gay conversation?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Semi-clone is a fanmade term. We have Chrom. Consider him one.
There’s a big difference between Chrom having one move different from Roy and, say, Luigi having a bunch of normals unique from Mario. Or Toon Link having sword slashes for nair and bair and a single hit up smash. Even Dr. Mario has more currently known unique non Final Smash moves than Chrom does (dair and down-B.)

D

Deleted member

I really can't imagine Isabelle with freakish long arms
Isabelle_AF.png

Time for a breakdown of differences:
  • Chubbier arms
  • Chubbier legs
  • Shorter arms
  • Shorter legs
  • Body has a different shape and size
  • Heads are different shapes
  • Villager is slightly taller though that's not much I'll admit
  • THOSE FREAKING ARMS MAN
I'm gonna laugh so hard when she's unique, this all reminds me too much of "Ridley would just be a Charizard clone!"

Polan

Smash Lord
I mean for whatever it's worth, this old 4chan text leak hasn't been debunked yet. :p
View attachment 163476It wasn't edited, it claimed Isabelle was in about a week before Vergeben did (not too hard, but somewhat notable), and it -seemingly- had some info on the 8/8 Direct (that it'd show off one of the listed newcomers [Simon], that Ashley was an Assist, and that it'd be in August [though the timeframe may have been a smidge off depending on where you draw the line between early and mid]).

Likely still a coincidental fake because lol 4chan, but it has something going for it at least. More than CEOthitelle. :p
its bizarre that the gothithelle leak got so much traction yet this was completely ignored. guess my theory that real leaks are floating around completely ignored is probably more likely than i think.

I was thinking that it’s been almost a week since our direct announcement and we still have zero solid evidence that it’s around the corner. And perhaps this is just desperately hoping but what if they are taking the time to try and improve the Direct considering some content that most likely was included it in was leaked or revealed like Civ 6 and MM11? In addition, knowing that people are literally going bat **** insane waiting for it, they want to make sure they make up for it (and perhaps as a love letter to the people of Hokkaido) by making the Direct even better. Like a “Thank you for understanding” present to everyone.

Or am I jeopardizing my sanity again?
or maybe Employee McInternman did actually delete the direct by accident and now nintendo is pretending that they never announced it.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Like, seriously, some more length on the arms and some other minor adjustments tweaked wouldn't even matter much because their general body types are similar.

They are closer in shape than some of the "body types" for some Pokémon. Honestly, look at the models of some of the 'mon and than the little picture that shows their body type. Half of it is complete BS, I tell you, but this is neither here nor there and I digress.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Floren would be at the bottom of my like 5 Xenoblade character list and yet... still significantly above Rex.
(some desperate part of me is hoping Addam gets in DLC instead of Rex thanks to Golden Country, but I shouldn't delude myself.
If the timing is right then we could maybe get Rex & Pyra as DLC with Addam & Mythra as an Echo. I like Addam more than Rex and Torna isn't even out yet.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
There’s a big difference between Chrom having one move different from Roy and, say, Luigi having a bunch of normals unique from Mario. Or Toon Link having sword slashes for nair and bair and a single hit up smash. Even Dr. Mario has more currently known unique non Final Smash moves than Chrom does (dair and down-B.)
As far as I'm aware

1- We know very little of many of the echoes.
2- That is not the only difference from Chrom.

But ya know, go ahead and project your thoughts. The game will be what it will be.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
View attachment 163482
  • Chubbier arms
  • Chubbier legs
  • Shorter arms
  • Shorter legs
I'm gonna laugh so hard when she's unique, this all reminds me too much of "Ridley would just be a Charizard clone!"
This is a 2D fighter. If a character has slightly chubbier arms, legs, or even a body, that's not an issue in a 2D plane. They could just alter the hitboxes a bit. It's not rocket science.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
View attachment 163482
  • Chubbier arms
  • Chubbier legs
  • Shorter arms
  • Shorter legs
Eh, their legs are about the same size and her arms can either be slightly elongated or the animations could be reworked to suit her shorter arms. The heads are still about the same size so it being a different shape shouldn't be an issue. Their bodies really aren't as different as you're making them out to be

Originality

Smash Journeyman
A quick question for everyone!

Who would be the first newcomer/echo fighter you'd be willing to give a try upon unlocking them in Ultimate?
Any of them, not sure what the unlocking process will be and I'm down to try anything. The one I'm most excited to try is Inkling.
Do you guys think the unlocking process will be mostly random? Will we be able to unlock echoes before the original or will they be bundled together?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
View attachment 163482
  • Chubbier arms
  • Chubbier legs
  • Shorter arms
  • Shorter legs
What do your imagination's limitations have to do with what is possible in the game?

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 163482
  • Chubbier arms
  • Chubbier legs
  • Shorter arms
  • Shorter legs
This.... isn't really anything adjusting body porportions couldn't change to be brutally honest.

And "Ridley would be a Charizard clone" are the same people who thought Megaman would be a Samus clone, or BK would be a Duck Hunt clone, their opinions aren't relevant.

Most of your issues can be solved with incredibly minor adjustments.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You know, I planned on quoting a half dozen users who tried to claim 'semi clone' was ever a legitimate term, or that it is different than what we know of as echoes...

But yes. Richter is surprisingly stunning. How did I miss a gay conversation?
Obviously. MOST Smash lingo was made by the fans.
You think Sakurai's going to put all of this officially in the game?

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Right now I want to play King K. Rool first.

He's been a long time coming.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
As far as I'm aware

1- We know very little of many of the echoes.
2- That is not the only difference from Chrom.

But ya know, go ahead and project your thoughts. The game will be what it will be.
Chrom's up-b is the only move difference between Chrom and Roy though. Yes he has different hit boxes and idle animations, but you are incorrect to say that they were wrong about having only one move difference.

But ya know, go ahead and project your thoughts.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You wouldn't even have to change Isabelle's porportions much since Villager barely even uses his arms and legs in his moveset.
There’s also the third option that absolutely nobody ever brings up, which is semi-clone.

Why doesn’t anyone ever talk about semi-clones anymore? If we can get unique newcomers, we can get semi-clones too.
Probably because Smash 4 came with absolutely zero new semi-cloned. I personally believe that we're either getting only echoes or only unique fighters with no inbetween. The closest I can see us getting to a new semi-clone is a Luigified/Wolfified Tails the Fox.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Obviously. MOST Smash lingo was made by the fans.
You think Sakurai's going to put all of this officially in the game?
I don't think so. I also would not pretend fanmade terms would be considered in the game creation. I guess that makes us different.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
A quick question for everyone!

Who would be the first newcomer/echo fighter you'd be willing to give a try upon unlocking them in Ultimate?
King K. Rool no doubt. He'll be one of the six (Others being Bowser, Duck Hunt, King Dedede, Ridley and Rosalina & Luma) I'll instantly get through amiibo assuming the whole rumor is true. Everyone else I'll just unlock properly.

As for echo. Simon and Richter had peaked my interest in using them so I'll say Richter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom