• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Elma is the one character that benefits from XC2's artstyle lol, I hope they use this one if she's in Smash(which is based off her concept art so yes, it did exist back then)
XBX did kind of suffer a bit with its character models, didn't think Elma was really that bad compared to other characters in the game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Has there been an incident where the latter scenario occurred? I’m curious.
Not exactly that, but the infamous GTA Hot Coffee case is somewhat similar. Unused content found on the disk that wasn't even normally accessible bumped it up to an AO rating until it was removed.

D

Deleted member

XBX did kind of suffer a bit with its character models, didn't think Elma was really that bad compared to other characters in the game.
Yeah, as much as I liked (what I played of) XCX, the character models certainly weren't the best.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Not sure if it would happen but Elma in the Base Game and Rex as DLC would be my jam
I'm not huge on Xenoblade - JRPGs are not exactly my favorites and the character designs tend to be...questionable... That said, Elma's design is much better than Rex.

My one big issue with this is that the Xeno series (as done by Nintendo) has three games: 1, X, and 2. I don't like the idea of every game in a series getting a unique character, when things like the Zelda series (or fill in your favorite classic series here) have 19 main series games, a number of spin-offs, and yet there are a total of 6 characters with only three unique movesets among them. As a Zelda fan, it seems a bit on the unfair side based on how important the series is - people buy consoles because of a single Zelda or Mario game. This is also the basis for my biases against more Mother or Kid Icarus characters.

But I realize that that's more of a personal bias and nothing against the characters themselves.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Yeah, as much as I liked (what I played of) XCX, the character models certainly weren't the best.
To be fair the original XC models could also be a bit weird, but the graphical effects from it being on the Wii made it a bit less noticeable.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
"Yo, we heard all the complaints about anime swordsmen, so this time around we gave you one with TWO swords!"

I should clarify that I retired from the characters race when K Room came aboard and have little stock in who appears anymore. I just doubt Elma will be exempt from the usual complaints these characters get just because she dual wields. If people (and I was one of them back in the day) aren't worried about the difference in styles of swords with e.g. Lyn then they're not gonna suddenly see dual wielding as a departure.

For what it's worth, as someone who has never played any Xenoblade game, I'd rather have Elma as a character, though that's entirely because her design is altogether less cringe inducing than the alternative.
Oh yeah absolutely, but I don't care what those people say lol. It's a dumb complaint to be like "another sword user?!" when they all play differently (discrediting echoes and semi-clones). But as a unique fighting style not represented in Smash (two styles actually) she has the ability to be very unique was my point.

People will complain over anime/sword saturation but as long as she's unique and fun to play as I don't really care what they say.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I'm not huge on Xenoblade - JRPGs are not exactly my favorites and the character designs tend to be...questionable... That said, Elma's design is much better than Rex.

My one big issue with this is that the Xeno series (as done by Nintendo) has three games: 1, X, and 2. I don't like the idea of every game in a series getting a unique character, when things like the Zelda series (or fill in your favorite classic series here) have 19 main series games, a number of spin-offs, and yet there are a total of 6 characters with only three unique movesets among them. As a Zelda fan, it seems a bit on the unfair side based on how important the series is - people buy consoles because of a single Zelda or Mario game. This is also the basis for my biases against more Mother or Kid Icarus characters.

But I realize that that's more of a personal bias and nothing against the characters themselves.
This is a fair point, but also a lot of people want another Mother character in Smash, which falls under the same issue of only three games. Plus, the three XB games are very different in terms of gameplay and characters, whereas most series have a focused central cast and general gameplay.

The obvious solution is to give Mother and Xeno three reps and give Zelda even more

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I've never played Xenoblades but I find Elma to be an interesting and cool character, and also very pretty, all things considered.
I wouldn't mind her at all. Out of her, Shulk, Rex and Pyra, Elma is the most interesting and coolest to me by far.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I didn't play X but I did watch a small bit of the game. Elma looks so much better here than in X. Would hope if she's in Smash she'll look just as good if not better.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I've never played Xenoblades but I find Elma to be an interesting and cool character, and also very pretty, all things considered.
I wouldn't mind her at all. Out of her, Shulk, Rex and Pyra, Elma is the most interesting and coolest to me by far.
I’ve played Xenoblade and I find Elma to be bland and uninteresting. Rex is kinda corny and has weird lines and delivery at time, but I think he’s at least more fun to watch than Elma.

D

Deleted member

Even if the Xenoblade series got 3 characters, it would still be far less than Zelda, and Zelda can't have one character for each game without bloating the roster(not that I wouldn't mind it), it's kinda silly to act as if Zelda is being(and other "classic" series) are being "robbed" by having a currently ongoing series get a new character. I'm not even that big of a XC fan but a second character for it would feel totally right.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Oh yeah absolutely, but I don't care what those people say lol. It's a dumb complaint to be like "another sword user?!" when they all play differently (discrediting echoes and semi-clones). But as a unique fighting style not represented in Smash (two styles actually) she has the ability to be very unique was my point.

People will complain over anime/sword saturation but as long as she's unique and fun to play as I don't really care what they say.
I don't think the complaint was dumb, all things considered. In smash 4 we were given all of the following:

:ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultlucina::ultdarkpit::ultrobin:ultroy::ultshulk:

Now I'm obviously not saying they play the same but the complaint isn't about the exact mechanics of the characters. It's about the designs, and the fact that many of us find the anime swordsman protagonist trope frankly kind of boring. This was further compounded by a perceived lack of the characters we found interesting instead.

I was all aboard that train for Smash 4. I'm not bothered by it any more because the list of Ultimate newcomers has been perfect for me so far, and it would just be selfish.

Elma certainly wouldn't be exempt from similar criticism, though unless it's taken solely in a vacuum I don't think it's fair. Her design isn't as prototypically "anime" as the rest of the characters people typically complain about, she is from Xenoblade rather than Fire Emblem (which, based on Chrom, just generates salt now), and the characters we've received thus far have been a love letter to those of us who were previously complaining.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Man, Elma looks really good, I can't wait to pick up XC2 so I can download this and play with her and Shulk.

Could mean nothing, but it does feel like we have a pattern.

One week after the Inklings were first officially shown off in Smash, Splatoon got a remix.
The same day Ridley was revealed, Metroid got a remix.
The same day Simon and Richter were revealed, Castlevania got a remix.
One week after K. Rool was revealed, Donkey Kong got a remix.
Two weeks after Chrom was revealed, Fire Emblem got a remix.

Excluding franchises that aren't already represented on the roster, we still have:

:ultmario::ultyoshi::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultness::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultpit::ultwario::ultsonic::ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:

Obviously most of these franchises won't be receiving a newcomer, so we could see a new track from :ulticeclimbers: or :ultwario: any day now. Others might be held off purposely to tie in with someone new.

Ultimate has been breaking patterns left and right, so I could easily see this going down in flames. Still, I find it odd that popular franchises like Mario, Pokemon, Sonic, and AC are on this list. Perhaps a hint towards Geno/Paper Mario, a Gen 7 rep, Shadow, and Isabelle?
Thinking about it, XCX is one of the major releases out of these that hasn't gotten any content shown in Ultimate yet, despite being released during the 2014-16 period.

Hmm...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't play much of XCX(up to the start fourth continent) but I did like what I saw of Elma. She's the "calm and serious" leader type and I like that.
I think she suffers from the non-character avatar, it ruins what could have been either a trio dynamic between her, Lin and Tatsu or a 4-person dynamic with an actual MC in the mix. She doesn't have anyone to bounce off her more serious side because Lin and Tatsu are goofballs so her best moments end up being exclusive to the story bits when some antagonist is there to make her get angry at them. I dunno, maybe I didn't progress far enough, maybe one day I'll finish XCX or watch a let's play of it.
I don't think the complaint was dumb, all things considered. In smash 4 we were given all of the following:

:ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultlucina::ultdarkpit::ultrobin:ultroy::ultshulk:

Now I'm obviously not saying they play the same but the complaint isn't about the exact mechanics of the characters. It's about the designs, and the fact that many of us find the anime swordsman protagonist trope frankly kind of boring. This was further compounded by a perceived lack of the characters we found interesting instead.

I was all aboard that train for Smash 4. I'm not bothered by it any more because the list of Ultimate newcomers has been perfect for me so far, and it would just be selfish.

Elma certainly wouldn't be exempt from similar criticism, though unless it's taken solely in a vacuum I don't think it's fair. Her design isn't as prototypically "anime" as the rest of the characters people typically complain about, she is from Xenoblade rather than Fire Emblem (which, based on Chrom, just generates salt now), and the characters we've received thus far have been a love letter to those of us who were previously complaining.
They all play completely different lol. "Anime swords(wo)men" isn't a valid complaint.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Even if the Xenoblade series got 3 characters, it would still be far less than Zelda, and Zelda can't have one character for each game without bloating the roster(not that I wouldn't mind it), it's kinda silly to act as if Zelda is being(and other "classic" series) are being "robbed" by having a currently ongoing series get a new character. I'm not even that big of a XC fan but a second character for it would feel totally right.
Don't get me wrong - I'm not advocating for 19 Zelda characters. I just don't like the idea of memorable characters like Midna/Ghirahim/Skull Kid/the Champions being wholly discarded as playable because "oh, they're only in one game" while other series can get "Oh this character who was only in this one game is a great choice to be playable!" As now, Zelda's got the most confirmed Assist trophies, which are mostly those memorable one-offs, and there are still two who've yet to show. Also, while the Dorf has been getting better and better, he's still at heart a Falcon clone. And that along with three versions of Link's moveset.

If we had gotten a Hyrule Warriors style Ganondorf since Melee with his own victory theme since Brawl, and Young/Toon Link both having movesets based on their respective games (i.e. Tink using the grappling hook, deku leaf, etc.), things wouldn't feel so lopsided. As it stands, I just think Zelda is one of the worst represented franchises based on its impact - True, it has more representation for most other series, but Zelda is just below Mario and Pokémon in terms of importance to Nintendo. Fire Emblem is just as cloney when it comes to characters (7 characters with 4 unique kits to Zelda's 6 characters with 3 unique kits), but is way less important of a franchise to Nintendo as a whole.

And when you say "it's kinda silly to act as if Zelda is being(and other "classic" series) are being "robbed" by having a currently ongoing series get a new character," are you implying that Zelda is not currently ongoing? If not, why is it then silly to hope that Zelda can finally get a unique character, something it hasn't gotten since Melee?

Like I said, I'm not anti-Elma. I'm anti-Elma and Rex and no great love for Zelda to counter it.

D

Deleted member

Hate to distract from the current debate, but I'm a bit bored and just thought I'd get people's opinions....or in more common board terms...Play a Game.
I just want to see what people would choose given the following restrictions: 4 first-party Newcomers, 1 third-party newcomer that HASN'T been highly requested yet (Geno, Shadow, Bajo-Kazooie), 2 Echoes for already confirmed characters.

For me, it would be:

(1st party Newcomers)
1. Skull Kid
2. Pheramosa/Buzzwole (working as a duo that switch out similarly to how Pokemon Trainer switches out Pokemon)
3. Hades
4. Magikoopa/Kamek (I grew up with him named Magikoopa, so I just put both names)

(3rd Party Newcomer)
5. Neku Sakuraba (would be a great, blindsided SE rep for the community lol)

(Echoes)
6. Dry Bowser (For Bowser....obviously lol)
7. Medusa (For Palutena; switch out some moves for Palutena's old customs as the data is still available and only aesthetic change would be needed)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
They all play completely different lol. "Anime swords(wo)men" isn't a valid complaint.
He straight up pointed out it's not about gameplay, it's more about wanting to have characters that represent a wide variety of roles and archetypes, which is where Smash 4's newcomers fell a bit short. Like, you could have 7 different puffball newcomers who all play differently too, but I wouldn't fancy that either, it's not so much specifically about anime swordsmen and more just about seeing the same types of characters so much that they begin to lose their flavor.

I don't personally dislike the entire concept of sword fighters, I love playing Ike and Lucina for example, but those inclusions don't really excite me anywhere nearly as much as say Simon, who brings something completely different to the table, and not just in terms of moveset.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I’ve played Xenoblade and I find Elma to be bland and uninteresting. Rex is kinda corny and has weird lines and delivery at time, but I think he’s at least more fun to watch than Elma.
To me Rex looks like that type of kid who constantly tries to be funny but fails misserably in doing so. He's the bland and uninteresting one for me xD

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I wish Shulk got his monado arts instead of those buffs.

Even XC2 got it right giving him cyclone, purge and buster on top of a sick as hell lvl 4.
And he isn't even technically playable.

Last edited:

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
I like how Elma discussion has started up again all of a sudden due to the Xenoblade 2 news lol. Not that I'm one to complain, I'm still clinging to hope that she'll make it in. I'm still a bit iffy on her chances due to the timing of the game's western release relative to the ballot, but I really do hope she makes it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
To me Rex looks like that type of kid who constantly tries to be funny but fails misserably in doing so. He's the bland and uninteresting one for me xD
Actually play the game before doing armchair analysis of the characters smh.

That said, I hate both of them, but at least Elma has a design that doesn't make me want to turn off the game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rex seems like an oof kind of person to me

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Hate to distract from the current debate, but I'm a bit bored and just thought I'd get people's opinions....or in more common board terms...Play a Game.
I just want to see what people would choose given the following restrictions: 4 first-party Newcomers, 1 third-party newcomer that HASN'T been highly requested yet (Geno, Shadow, Bajo-Kazooie), 2 Echoes for already confirmed characters.

For me, it would be:

(1st party Newcomers)
1. Skull Kid
2. Pheramosa/Buzzwole (working as a duo that switch out similarly to how Pokemon Trainer switches out Pokemon)
3. Hades
4. Magikoopa/Kamek (I grew up with him named Magikoopa, so I just put both names)

(3rd Party Newcomer)

(Echoes)
7. Medusa (For Palutena; switch out some moves for Palutena's old customs as the data is still available and only aesthetic change would be needed)
1st Party Newcomers:
1. Skull Kid
2. Isaac
3. Bandanna Dee
4. Urban Champion

3rd Party Newcomer:
Loto (Dragon Quest)

Echo Fighters:
1. Ninten
2. Shadow

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
All this response tells me is that you didn't actually read my post.

I never said these characters played the same. You chose to ignore the paragraph I spent explaining that the complaint about them is about a style of character design we find bland, not about their mechanics.

I even spent some time discussing how whilst this preference is fair, exercising it as a criticism is selfish in this case after the other side has been heavily catered towards thus far. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Thanos for Smash

UserKev

Smash Champion
Honestly for me, its hard to take users seriously who follow the "One Off" rule. Any well written Nintendo character should be in Smash.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

For me, it would be:

(1st party Newcomers)
1. Skull Kid
3. Hades

(3rd Party Newcomer)

(Echoes)
Nintendo Newcomers
Skull Kid
Celica
Viridi
(3rd Party Newcomer)
Shadow
(Echoes)
Impa (Sheik and Link)
Dixie Kong (Diddy and K Rool)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm not gonna argue that :awesome:

Zelda one-shots for Smash!
How about a game based around that!

In addition to the main trio of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, every mainline console Zelda game gets a representative. What would your Zelda roster look like?

For me, it’d be:
- Link
- Zelda
- Ganondorf
- Ganon (Link to the Past)
- Sheik (Ocarina of Time)
- Skull Kid (Majora’s Mask)
- Toon Link, Luigified with new specials (Wind Waker)
- Midna (Twilight Princess)
- Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
- Impa, playing like the Ballad of the Champions’s Monk Boss (Breath of the Wild)

My main reason for choosing Toon Link over Tetra was so each of the main trio gets one alternate counterpart (Toon Link, Sheik, and Pig Ganon).

If you want to include some of the smaller handheld Zelda’s like Awakening and Link Between Worlds, by all means go ahead.

D

Deleted member

Don't get me wrong - I'm not advocating for 19 Zelda characters. I just don't like the idea of memorable characters like Midna/Ghirahim/Skull Kid/the Champions being wholly discarded as playable because "oh, they're only in one game" while other series can get "Oh this character who was only in this one game is a great choice to be playable!" As now, Zelda's got the most confirmed Assist trophies, which are mostly those memorable one-offs, and there are still two who've yet to show. Also, while the Dorf has been getting better and better, he's still at heart a Falcon clone. And that along with three versions of Link's moveset.
But there's a difference between a side character from one game and a main character from one one game. If Link wasn't the protagonist of every Zelda game, you can bet we would at least have as many of them as we have Links.
And when you say "it's kinda silly to act as if Zelda is being(and other "classic" series) are being "robbed" by having a currently ongoing series get a new character," are you implying that Zelda is not currently ongoing? If not, why is it then silly to hope that Zelda can finally get a unique character, something it hasn't gotten since Melee?
No, I mean it's silly to act as if Zelda is getting robbed when Xenoblade is also an ongoing series.
You give me far too much power...

1st Party
-Wonder-Red
-Oricorio(changing forms would change attack properties)
-Hector
-Isabelle
3rd Party
-Protector
Echoes
-Celica
-Black Knight
All this response tells me is that you didn't actually read my post.

I never said these characters played the same. You chose to ignore the paragraph I spent explaining that the complaint about them is about a style of character design we find bland, not about their mechanics.

I even spent some time discussing how whilst this preference is fair, exercising it as a criticism is selfish in this case after the other side has been heavily catered towards thus far. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Thanos for Smash
I did read it, that's why "anime swordsmen" isn't a valid complaint. They all look and play differently.

People need to stop generalizing one trait and acting like it's causing oversaturation just because this really generic denominator is common. It reminds me of complaimts regarding super hero movies and the "calarts style".

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

If we had gotten a Hyrule Warriors style Ganondorf since Melee with his own victory theme since Brawl, and Young/Toon Link both having movesets based on their respective games (i.e. Tink using the grappling hook, deku leaf, etc.), things wouldn't feel so lopsided. As it stands, I just think Zelda is one of the worst represented franchises based on its impact - True, it has more representation for most other series, but Zelda is just below Mario and Pokémon in terms of importance to Nintendo. Fire Emblem is just as cloney when it comes to characters (7 characters with 4 unique kits to Zelda's 6 characters with 3 unique kits), but is way less important of a franchise to Nintendo as a whole.

Like I said, I'm not anti-Elma. I'm anti-Elma and Rex and no great love for Zelda to counter it.
Frankly, I think being a long running series is why Zelda as a series runs into this problem where a shorter series like Xenoblade doesn't have the same issue. Zelda has a lot of characters, but the attention each of those characters receives is reduced by the fact that the entire cast is basically changed out on each indivdiual game, unlike Mario who's cast stays similar across or Xenoblade that simply has a smaller cast of central characters. This results in an extremely divided fanbase clamoring for so many different characters that it makes it that much harder to decide on a given character outside of the trio of Link, Zelda, and Ganon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, I personally would much rather have a new Zelda rep over anything else right now; even a new Kirby character, and that's saying something given how badly I wish for a fourth Kirby character.

Zelda's representation in Smash is...odd. Like, everything in it was awesome all the way up to Brawl, and then with Wii U and 3DS things started getting weird. Entire Zelda games and characters were ignored and the series' Smash representation kinda feels like it was shoved into a corner. While I am excited to have YL back, it's still another Link, which is kinda disappointing if that's all we get.

My outlook on Zelda stuff in Smash is kinda grim ATM, honestly. While I would love nothing more for it to get a new character...I just kinda doubt it will. What's most sad about it is that there are many, many options that would make sense and translate super well into Smash Bros. I'm not gonna say things like "Zelda deserves a character" because I think that mentality is super subjective, but I will say that it would definitely be a nice change of pace if it did get someone new. I have nothing against Xenoblade or Fire Emblem, heck, I played Fates and loved it, however I will agree that the massive presence it has in Smash now is super jarring and kinda feels off to me. Then again, FE really only has 4 characters that are their own thing while the rest are different flavours of Marth, so you could probably make a case that that series isn't shown off super well either.

I don't think Sakurai should add a character for the idea of meeting quotas either, though. I personally don't want a new Zelda character or a new Kirby character just for the sake of bumping up a number, I want it because there are so many options for fun, varied movesets and play styles from both series that would add even more to the already crazy amount of variety Ultimate has. If Xenoblade gets a newcomer, I'd be down with it. There are lots of cool choices from that series. If Fire Emblem gets more, I might roll my eyes a bit and make a comment or two, but at the end of the day, it's not a huge deal what gets in either way. All that matters is that the characters that get added are fun to play as, IMO. So while I may feel there's too much Fire Emblem, there are others out there who may feel like there's not enough. Opinions and personal taste definitely play a part in these things, and I think it's probably good to remember that there really isn't such a thing as a "deserving" character for Smash and that characters shouldn't be added because of perceived quotas or series importance.

That's just my ramblings on the matter, though. :p

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Just watched the Elma trailer and damn she looks amazing. Seeing her in Xenoblade 2 artstyle, but not with a terrible design has kinda made me want her in the game now

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna say things like "Zelda deserves a character" because I think that mentality is super subjective,
Fire Emblem has over 5 reps in total.

Zelda objectively deserves better representation in Smash. seeing as how legacy wise it's equal to Pokemon and Mario

EDIT: And I don't want to hear this thinking comes from Zelda Bias, as I've literally only played one Zelda game years ago and don't even consider myself a big fan of the franchise. It just objectively deserves it.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
So no doubt everybody here is super hyped for the release of ultimate. But let's do a hypothetical scenario.

You finally pop in that sweet, sweet smash cartridge and start to play your much anticipated title when you notice ________________, which totally kills your hype and leaves you disappointed.

What would be the most disappointing thing to find for you and would it be enough to not play the game or limit your playtime?

For me it would be two things. Online not working and if there are clear disparities between characters with some being way too overpowered ala Metaknight in brawl.
I don’t see much happening. I’ve been disappointed by something for every Smash, but that never kept it from being my favorite game for each year it released.

Most disappointing thing...would be....I guess inadequate online. But the online for Wii U wasn’t too bad. It worked more often than not, so I don’t see the Switch having bad service.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hmm we're talking about the perfect Zelda roster now?

Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Young Link, Sheik, Impa, Midna, Vaati, Skull Kid, a Champion (I'd pick Mipha)

Boom there ya go

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just be like me kids, support the characters you like while not giving too much of a **** what other people think. Zeldo, Fire Embull, Sanic, Xeno's blade, Nam Agem or whatever else. It's all good. I mean, you think Ridley/K.Rool got in because we gave up on them? Hell no.

Upgrade Gif.gif

Just, y'know, don't be a ****ing little ***** about it either.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Anyone bothered by the fact that Fire Emblem has more characters playable in Ultimate than Zelda so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom