• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Riot I @ State College, PA Dec. 6 Results

Kruton

Smash Ace
Hello guys, even though I'm crammed with school stuff, I decided to take a 5 min break and post some results. =]

Metaknight placed 1st and 2nd wow what a shocker...>_>

Brawl Singles 29 Entrants
1: Plairnkk (Metaknight)
2: Umbra (Metaknight)
3: Truth (Olimar, Diddy Kong, Falco)
4: Kruton (Snake)
5: Pav (Wolf/Marth)
5: Smurf (Diddy Kong)
7: Rev (Game & Watch)
7: Mav (Fox)
9: Nasty (Lucas)
9: Loaf (Wolf)
9: ViolentD (Bowser/Donkey Kong)
9: Vanilla Waffle (Lucario)
13: Tantalus (R.O.B.)
13: Az (Kirby/Toon Link)
13: Phase (Toon Link)
13: Menardi (Wolf)
17: Hugo! (Ganondorf)
17: Merc (Toon Link)
17: Beef (Ganondorf/Wolf)
17: Bdoof
17: Wreck (R.O.B.)
17: Migs (Diddy Kong)
17: Nin (Kirby)
17: Emr (Marth)
25: Slim (Marth)
25: Blu (Ice Climbers)
25: Murr! (Bowser/DDD)
25: Zero (Ice Climbers)
25: J-Swan (Wolf)

Brawl Doubles 11 Teams
1: Salad Avengers (Pav and Umbra)
2: Multiple Blankets (Plairnkk and Tantalus)
3: MT (Mav and Truth)
4: The Best Menks (T-Dous and ColdKilr)
5: Garbage Day (Rev and Phase)
5: Mindgamez (Smurf and Nasty)
7: Boarlyng-9 (Merc and Migs)
7: YourFace (Az and Kruton)
9: PJs (John and Bydlen)
9: LatexWaffle (Latex and Waffle)
9: Newlyweds (Dobs and Beef)

Melee Singles 7 Entrants
1: Plairnkk
2: Umbra
3: ColdKilr
4: Pav
5: Tantalus
5: LatexRhombus
7: Slim

Melee Doubles 4 Teams

1: My Hands are Cold (Umbra and Latex)
2: Multiple Blankets (Plairnkk and Tantalus)
3: ACI (Dobs and Jamin)
4: Bacon Bits (Pav and Beef)

If I forgot who someone was, tell me, I'll fix it.

Thank you everyone, this tournament was awesome. I don't think Galaktika Gaming gets buisness like that too often. =]...There are definitely going to be many more tournaments from me ahead, I want to see bigger turnouts than this.

Plairnkk, you're mine next time. >.<

Truth, wish I could have played you, it's fun ****.

YAY I BEAT PAV! Too bad it was in vain. =[

Smurf, your Pit and Diddy are pretty **** good, I wish I saw some more Pit in the tourney.

Rev, I'm sorry, GnW just doesn't like Snake. Spike #2 ^_^

It was fun playing both Tantalus and Waffle in friendlies during the finals. Who wants to watch boring MK v MK anyways. ugh.

I wish I had the chance to play more people in general. Next time no doubt!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Shoutoutz:

PA was fun. I don't travel this far very often, so this was a nice experience from me. Umbra/Kruton/Truth/Pav should come down to MD sometime and try to place.

Melee doubles was fun, I don't even play that game lolz, good stuff Plank he is amazing at Melee. (and brawl lol)

Umbra is too goodz. I wish I could have played you at singles in Brawl (only thing we didn't play in) but maybe we'll get another chance soon.

Plank- thanks for teaming with me, I won't get another chance for a teammate like that for a while, so I wish I could have capitalized on it better. My game was off on Sat., no johns.

PAV- you are a smart Wolf player with your spacing, I think your wolf is better than the best wolf mains in our region. Tough games we had in Brawl Teams finals and singles.

Kruton- mad chill dude, and all around good guy. Look forward to playing against/with you again. Thanks for running the tourney.

M@V & Truth- good stuff in Brawl teams, you guys are good, but that mistake you had at the end was golden, I wish we could've had it on video tape.

Rev- I shouldn't have lost to you, sorry I didn't congratulate you on your victory, I was mad when I lost. I won't let you beat me ever again though. Good job capitalizing for your victory.

Ugh my performance was awful in general and I need to step it. I choke in tourney, no johns. I just need to step it.

Tourney was too funz! See you all again soon. Critical Hit 4.5 is next week, Plairnkk offered his house if you all need housing and want to go.

The Reverend 814

Smash Apprentice
Had a bunch of fun at this tourny. Friendlies were great and the brawl singles was nothing short of epic all around. I got a few more things to learn I'm doin better every tourny.

Kruton- **** you man, your snake just gets better and better. You are the ONLY person that can spike me. I'll beat you some day I swear it.

Mav- I can't believe our final match, so much crazy ****. Missing the ledge then floating off screen to a platform, too good. ****ty I lost to ya though I def. shoulda had that : / oh well great games you played a good D.

Tantalus- It's cool I saw you were pretty pissed. You weren't gonna beat me though man, I'm no scrub I caught on to your game after the first match, hence why the third round i was so on. I learn fast ;)

Chaos (Smurf)- STOP CHANGING YOUR NAME! hahaha. It was great to see you man its always a pleasure to have you around. Our rematch was fun and you won like you should have back at tgp.

Nasty- Dude I had a **** ton of fun playing you man. Your lucas is so good I can't even believe it. Gimping me with toon link was just dirty...but then again tilt locking you was pretty dirty too :p

Truth- Grats on the placing man, you deserved it. I gotta start playing more snakes cause wow did you ever whoop on my *** with yours haha.

Az- I always gotta play you ****it. The toon link surprised me, I had no idea you played him. 3 stocking your kirby broke my heart though :( Your kirby is too good to go out like that.

Umbra- this is probably the first tourny we haven't played eachother at at all. Wtf? You know I need the MK practice haha. Grats on the placing, you are always doin pretty good.

This has probably been my favorite tourny so far, grats to kruton for puttin this together. Keep it up man. Anyone I forgot I'm sorry everyone def. gets mad props. Lets hope next tourny you'll be seein me in the top 4, yae yae!

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Hello guys, even though I'm crammed with school stuff, I decided to take a 5 min break and post some results. =]

Metaknight placed 1st and 2nd wow what a shocker...>_>

Brawl Singles 29 Entrants
1: Plairnkk (Metaknight)
2: Umbra (Metaknight)
3: Truth (Olimar, Diddy Kong, Falco)
4: Kruton (Snake)
Fixed.

And thanks for the shoutouts guys. I had a ton o fun. I def. need to go to more tourneys IRL. Everybody was real cool and fun to play against especially Violent D. Not everyday you see a good Bowser heh heh. Still mad I didn't get to play my man Wrek though, or play some Snake dittos with Kruton. PAV, sorry bout the chaingrab gayness lol. It was out of desperation. That Wolf is f**king nasty. Plairnkk and Umbra, My Diddy will be out for blood next time. I'm on a mission to make sure MK don't win the next tourney. And Tant, i'll never get over how that doubles match ended O_O

M@v

Subarashii!
Meradi played snake. And Wreck plays R.O.B

Shoutouts:

Rev: EPIC G&W vs fox set. I nearly fell off the sofa when you somehow lived through that upsmash. I did win eventually, but it was close. If you come to the Pittsburgh tourney its re-match time.=P

Pav: the set I played against you was by far my favorite. We were dead even, and fox vs wolf is so much fun.

Truth: 3rd place, way to go ;).

Plank: Sorry me and truth looked like total idiots in our team match(We were the ******* who killed ourselves when Olimar we tryed to recover , and I was in the way LOL.)

Menardi: Nice to meet you. Better be at my tourney at pittsburgh :)

Nasty: Nice Lucas

ViolentD: Tearing it up with bowser....as always.

Smurf: You had to knock me out...I wanted to face umbra :(

Phase

Smash Apprentice
Had a lot of fun at this tourney, in fact best ive been to yet. Slowly climbing the ranks every tourney i attend haha. Galaktika gaming was a really cool place... i only wish altoona had something like that. Luckily state is only 30 mins away :)

Shout outs:

-Kruton, for hosting this awesome tourney
-Truth, grats on placing... a man of many characters
-Smurf, Thanks for the funnest match ive had in a long time keep up that diddy and never quit the pit... its too good
-Wrek, sorry we had to play each other for the elimination of one another... that glide tossing is really starting to do a number on me
-Rev, grats on 7th man, hopefully we can start doing better in dubs :laugh:

All in all there was a lot of people i wanted to play but didnt get a chance to and i was a little disappointed with my placing but no johns. I'll just have to keep practicing to ensure a victory at future tourneys and working on a solid secondary would be nice :laugh:

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Such a fun tournament, definitely hold more if you can.

shoutouts:

Plank: Had a lot of fun playing you in all the events. Good stuff winning singles. I have to get down to MD and play you guys more

Pav: Best brawl teammate ever. Wish we played in brawl singles. Was nice hanging out with you again though, come down here again lol

Latexrhombus: Best melee teammate ever. Thanks for bringing your tv and recorder too, they helped out a lot :)

Truth: Your diddy is scary as ****, I have no idea how i beat you. Good stuff in singles and teams.

Kruton: Great tournament, you did a great job running it. Good matches in singles too, I have no idea how you spike me so much lol

Dobs: You were ****** in teams, way to reinvent mindgames themself. lol

SlayerColdKiller: Thanks for driving us to get Latexrhombus' tv. Good stuff in teams too :)

Tantalus: Good stuff in doubles and melee singles, wish I got to play you in brawl singles. I'll make up for it next time I see you :)

Smurf: Good matches, your diddy is really good. You were tough to face

Nasty: Had fun against you, I'm banning corneria at every tournament i go to for the rest of my life lol

Mav: Good matches in teams. lol you get so mad when you lose, calm down a little :p. Nice placement in singles.

Reverend: We didn't play :( We need to practice more lol. Same goes for everyone else from aloona

Beef/Slim: Thanks for coming out, nice seeing you guys again. :)

VanillaWaffle: Close matches, you play a nice lucario.

Everyone I didn't get to play: :(

Anyway, best tournament I've been to in a while, I can't wait to play everyone again.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Who did you play in Brawl singles?
I played Slim, PAV, Hugo!, and Rev.

Also, Rev, I normally don't play that way. That's the way I play when I am in freak out mode. Also, G&W is a bad matchup for R.O.B. I couldn't approach you at all unless a laser was involved, but Frigate was a bad Counterpick. I should have just changed to G&W myself instead :) But no johns, you won, fair and square, and next time I'll make up for it.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
kruton, did you save an image of the bracket? and would you mind posting it?

just curious as to how the other side went :)

The Reverend 814

Smash Apprentice
yae yae! I know rob is a bad match up, i play against a rob main nearly 2 to 3 times a week for hours lol thats why i was saying you didn't have chance. Game and watch woulda been a better choice for sure, i'm not as good at dittos, but to say i wont beat you again is a steep statement :p

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Great Tournament guys had to leave before brawl singles and didn't have enough money to play melee singles=:( didn't know you guys would spot me until after the fact.

Shoutouts

Plank: Thanks for coming down lot of fun playing with you gonna try to get to MD sometime.

Tantalus: Good stuff in melee doubles had real close fun set with you guys.

Pav: Cool guy nice meeting you hope you stop by some more.

Latexrhombus: Way to diss me as your brawl teammate lol. You created my fan club though and one of these days I will teach you how to walljump on FD Dobsgames :).

Umbra: Way to represent PSU also thanks for being in my fan club tee shirts? :)

Truth: Your a cool dude didn't get to see your brawl single skills but heard they were rocking.

Kruton: Great tournament, you did a great job running it. I'm all for bi-weeklies after break with 2nd one of month trying to be bigger one.

Dobs: Too good I mean dobsgames right :)

Beef/Slim: Cool guys thanks for coming hope to see you again.

Anyone I missed or don't remember who you are: Awesome tourney look forward to seeing everyone again.

M@v

Subarashii!
Paul, I only got mad at that doubles loss. And its obvious why. The chance of that happening was one in a million. I am so unlucky sometimes *sigh*

Oh and dobbbbbbssssssssssss

•Col•

Smash Champion
Mav: Good matches in teams. lol you get so mad when you lose, calm down a little :p. Nice placement in singles.
Lol.

You'll find him doing the "controller throw" more and more often. I got him to do it last week when I killed him all 3 times with Ike's fsmash. :p

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Great tournament Kruton, defintitely one of the best i've been to. Can't really complain about 5th in doubles and 9th in singles.

Total Lucas spike count: 10 ("I like my spikes")

Kruton: Didn't get to play you :-( congrats on your placement.

Umbra: thanks for the shoutout. My toon link is just too good for Corneria. Although i do apologize for gimping you like that. gg's and congrats!

Reverend: (see above) haha... but you did gimp me right back.. tilt FTW. thanks for the "PK Bounce" compliment and my lucas skills.. your G&W is definitely awesome. can't wait to play you again.

Pav: sigh.. we didn't play each other.. next time though.. and congrats!

Plank: loved playin you and Tantalus in doubles... i should've had you guys. i had 2 spikes on you (for one of 'em you were in your tornado!) keep an eye out for my lucas off the stage. gg's though.. congrats on winning. You're d**n good.

Tantalus: too bad we didn't play in singles. congrats though! P.S. watch out for spikes.

ViolentD: nice bowser and DK... loved the DDD ditto and your wario is sick. had fun playing you in friendly's

Loaf: nice friendly's.. keep working on that wolf and cut back on those SD's and you'll be golden. gg's

M@V: congrats. nice fox... watch out for my Lucas next tourney.. it's only going to get better.. gg's

$murf: congrats on your placement, don't be bummed about it. we did well in doubles considering that was our first time together. (sorry for my Lucas embarrassing your diddy in friendly's)

Truth: congrats on your placement! gg's. you play quite a variety of characters pretty well. I'm hoping to face your diddy because of all this hype about it.

Phase: i'm upset we didn't play. anytime you want that rematch, i'm game. your TL is getting better. and remember.. corneria FTW!

If i missed anyone, i apologize. gg's to all and congrats! but in the end, we all lose... only MK wins. i hope to see you all at the next tourney!

~Nasty~

_umbra_

Smash Champion
lol mav i'm just messing with you :p

Lol.

You'll find him doing the "controller throw" more and more often. I got him to do it last week when I killed him all 3 times with Ike's fsmash. :p
we got him to do that too lol

M@v

Subarashii!
Lol.

>_> . Wait until I get back to Pittsburgh, Ill pay you back for that :lick:

And I dont know how, but you have to play some of these guys sometime Colaya. Not too many have seen a good ike :D

•Col•

Smash Champion
>_> . Wait until I get back to Pittsburgh, Ill pay you back for that :lick:
Kind of like when you were going to "2-stock me" in Fox dittos? And then I won? Even though I SD'ed once? And even though I've only played as Fox like 20 times in 64, Melee, and Brawl combined? >__>

Yeah, lol, ok. I'm shaking in my boots. :bee:

Off topic-ness. o.o

EDIT: And if by "good Ike" you mean I'm better than 90-95% of other Ike mains out there, then yes, I am. xD And that's not saying much.

*looks to "With anyone" WiFi Ike players* ;_;

Otherwise, I'm nothing special.

M@v

Subarashii!
Kind of like when you were going to "2-stock me" in Fox dittos? And then I won? Even though I SD'ed once? And even though I've only played as Fox like 20 times in 64, Melee, and Brawl combined? >__>

Yeah, lol, ok. I'm shaking in my boots. :bee:

Off topic-ness. o.o
As Paul would say, its brawl. :laugh: "Everybody wins!"<-The idiot who invented tripping.

Also, Im going to love knocking you out of brawl singles at our tourney :p

Anyway....back on topic....lol

Wrek FTW

Smash Apprentice
i'm sorry i didn't get a chance to play you truth, would've been fun for sure.

waffle played really well. i don't think anyone was expecting that calibur of a lucario and i personally had a ton of fun playing him.

other than that i played phase for knock out and thats always fun because i play him day to day and our matches are just epic because of it.

i was doing new ROB tech mid tourney match which made my day a lot fun. lots of practice and lots to learn. the next one will be fun.

kruton, thanks for putting on a great tournament!

psu brawlers - i would love altoona to come up some weekend and just play for a day. id love the non tourney experience. all i play against is G&W and Toon Link.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yeah EE we needed some famous EE rally commentary, we would've won for sure.

I had no room in the car left, until my friend dropped from going on friday night, or I would've had someone else come along.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Next tourney I will be able to bring recording software and stuff to do commentary being a broadcast journalism major is good. Just imagine dobbbbss and Big Rudy aka LatexRhombus and Umbra doing commentary. Also Altoona should come up sometime.

Wrek FTW

Smash Apprentice
Next tourney I will be able to bring recording software and stuff to do commentary being a broadcast journalism major is good. Just imagine dobbbbss and Big Rudy aka LatexRhombus and Umbra doing commentary. Also Altoona should come up sometime.
we (altoona) would love to :)

Top Bottom