• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Clans: OFFICIALLY OPEN!

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I'm pretty sure he gave skype as an example of a voice chat thing, raidcall is very good since you can make your own channel for free.
sounds good, but when you dedicate an entire paragraph to skype, it appears to be more than an example. The OP could have said Skype was an example. Sorry for the nitpick.

Poisonbeat

Smash Cadet
NNID
TacoBowser
3DS FC
5257-9456-9429
sounds good, but when you dedicate an entire paragraph to skype, it appears to be more than an example. The OP could have said Skype was an example. Sorry for the nitpick.
This is what you can do with raidcall.

Better than skype huh

Last edited:

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
Can we at least wait till Smash4 is released worldwide? This just puts salt on the wounds....
That would apply for every suggestion so far. It's out in Japan and suggestions don't really need to be time specific.

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
I don't like FD stages only. Platforms are a part of this game, and always have been. We should go with the commonly accepted stage list when it's determined, at least.

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
Skype isn't necessary, just some sort of communication would help and, more importantly, be more fun. Either that or a 3DS text chat room

Last edited:

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Not sure why people hate using Skype lol. Anyways, I think we should wait till oct 3rd for this

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
I'm all in for this (:

We should probably have a way to all be in one place and solve things from there, and Raidcall is actually pretty good :)

Last edited:

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
If there are still joinable clans when the US release rolls around, I'll definitely join one!

Redcard

Smash Cadet
I had sort of a fleeting figment of this idea a little bit ago after noticing how good the online is now. Your idea is fully fleshed out and I would support it 100%.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Sounds like a pretty basic league or clan wars similarly found in other games.

This is so hype, I forgot that since we actually have legit online now, that smash bros can finally have these "clan wars" that other esports have had for so long already.

WOOT!

fearless.leader

Smash Apprentice
YES!!!! if mario kart can have clans then SO CAN WE!!

im so stoked.. I just need to find a new main now that lucas is gone....*sob*

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Thats pretty brave to tag me before seeing just how bad i am LOL

Jk im actually undefeated since n64

Im down for some friendly organized competition
We've Brawl'd-a-plenty. :love:

Mr. Elekid. Mr. Sneezy Pikachu On You Blew You To Doom.

Also, this is a good idea of a thread. Minus Skype. Kudos to OP.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Just wondering but why do so many people not like skype? You don't have to talk/cam, and can just type in groups. It's free and probably more widely downloaded then other programs like raidcall. It's also pretty simple.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
......when???

In the day.
Did you know? We're Brawl buddies and on each other's XBL for years. :surprised:

So you're stuck in my clan. Or me in yours. Same thing, cuz team etc.

Last edited:

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
I would like to join a clan, but I won't have the game til the 3rd... is that okay? Tell me where to sign up!

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Honestly one of the best ideas I've heard of. Giving full support of this!

Also, for those who don't want to use skype, there's Chatzy, which is a free chat room thing. Just could create a room for your clan.

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
This sounds like fun! I remember when brawl came out there were clans and such. I was in a Link one, and met a lot of cool people there. Count me in!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I would join, although I don't and won't use Skype.

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
This. This is amazing. I actually thought of this but never felt like writing it down but now it's all here... I hope an admin approves of this and makes a special clan type thread.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
I've had the idea for a clan system that's actually reaally similar to this. I've even written and edited drafts of it since July. I'll post the latest one here when I'm not on mobile.

fearless.leader

Smash Apprentice
for those of you dissing Skype, that can be a requirement set by individual clans.

some of us (I included) think that vocal communication is an important aspect of teamwork and organization.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually pretty okay with this, might subscribe to the thread to see how things are shaking out for this, but it definitely seems like it'll have promise.

Top Bottom