• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Clans: OFFICIALLY OPEN!

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
ITS OFFFICIAL! HEAD OVER HERE:
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/super-smash-clans.1749/
AND CREATE YOUR CLAN!
To find it normally go to the group tab up top, select Super Smash Clans, and viola!

Ok, this is going to be a little hard to explain, but I shall try my best.

Now that Smash on 3DS has highly improved online mode, I had an interesting idea...
HAVING THIS SYMBOL: MEANS IT HAS BEEN EDITED AFTER THE INITIAL POST
I'm loving the support and advice guys <3

Smash Clans

Smash Clans would be a group of players that practice together and fight against other SC's and determine which Clan is better. The player limit would be something around 20 10 people per Clan and would use about 5 players in a battle. Each Smash Clan would have a thread. Maybe a Smash Clan Thread Section when this get's big enough, to see more info go to thread paragraph.

Smash Clan Battles
The way the battles would work is kinda tricky. Each Clan would select 5 or so people
(larger roster for more important battles, but the number of players must me odd) so using a randomizer website {this is good} you would enter the agreed upon number of players and compare how the list comes out. Whoever is #1 on the list must fight whoever's #1 on the opposing clan's list. BUT the leader of each clan must fight the other clan's leader as well. So simply don't add him/her to the list.

The Individual Battle Rules
Each individual battle must be 4 stocks, 1on1, no items, 1 match (per player), and FD stage's only. Any character, unless a certain character get's deemed ''OP'' by official rules. Any rule can be changed if both clan's agree upon it. I have begun thinking about a way to make doubles work, give me some time!

Scoring System
The scoring system is kinda self-explanatory. Whichever Clan wins the majority of the battles wins the Smash Clan Battle! The way of proving who won each fight would be a little tricky though... I'm putting
A LOT of faith in the spectator system though. The leader vs leader fight happens first and people would watch that. Then whoever was paired next would go and they would watch, etc. You would probably want to play the fights next to a computer where you could discuss the game on Skype with your clan. If it's too much lag on the player's actually fighting then you could just have the leader's watch the fights. If you guys have any better ideas, PLEASE let me know!

Communication
Skype is going to be the main way of communication, all members of the clan are required to have one. The leader and commanders are required to post theirs on the threads, but the members are not. Many will assume Skype will be used as face-chat, BUT THIS WILL NEVER REQUIRE USE OF VC, EVER. Skype has very quick and easy chat systems with groups and individual members, easy simple to understand userface, and you can call anyone or group anytime (YOU CAN TURN THE CAMERA OFF WITH A QUICK BUTTON).

PS: To the supporters of Raidcall, That would not work as it's unavailable to Mac users.

Smash Clan Threads
I decided to make this easier and just create a thread and share how it would look:
Part 1 | Part 2

You can obviously change it up, but keep the general flow of the thread.

Clan Positions
I sort of showed this in the Thread paragraph, but her I go again:
EVERYONE EXCEPT TRAIL MEMBERS MUST PROVIDE FRIEND CODES
Leader: In charge of basically everything, can only be 1, you must provide your skype.

Commanders: Helps with the leader with the flow of the clan, can only be 3 2 max, must provide skype.
Members: The population of the clan, can be up to 7, skype is optional.
Trail Members: Where the chopping happens. You must pass trial before you can compete in Clan Battles, you can have unlimated, you don't post their Skype.

Thaaaat's it!
If you have suggestions, please, please, please, let me know!
I haven't thought it out 100% yet so there may be flaws. Thanks guys!
PLEASE DON'T COMPLETELY IGNORE THIS, IF YOU SUPPORT THIS IDEA, PLEASE SHOW IT! THIS WON'T BECOME A THING UNLESS WE SHOW OUR ENTHUSIASM FOR IT! :D

Last edited:

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
This sounds so cool!! It'll really bring the community together. I totally wanna make the Yoshi Clan. Also, there should be a monthly clan leader tournament!

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Clans are interesting, but I am really not a fan of skype tbh.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Clans are interesting, but I am really not a fan of skype tbh.
if this is because of presumed voice/video chat, you don't need to do either of those.

anyway this is an alright idea! I can feel the drama already though.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Great idea, well thought out, but the only reason I'm opposed is what Nday said. I can taste the salt already. Sadly not a lot of people can handle coexisting in a competitive scene in such a manner. I hope it all goes off without a hitch though if you do it since I already typically find a few people around my area to do this exact thing with pretty much. Gl Hf

leeprtr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
leeprtr
3DS FC
4210-4734-6362
I like this idea, but I hate skype
Maybe a chat website instead?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
if this is because of presumed voice/video chat, you don't need to do either of those.
That is the reason exactly. Cool avatar, btw.
We need couterpick stages. It just can't be on Final Destination as it gives a distinct advantage to other characters. If we had to pick one stage it should be battlefield, but there still should be counterpicks.
Eh, if we are to ignore all FD variations of the stages to play on the same Battlefield every time, then I am out. I understand banning stages with hazards and stuff, but banning FD stages is just... meh. (I hope am not warned for posting my opinion this time)

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
We need couterpick stages. It just can't be on Final Destination as it gives a distinct advantage to other characters. If we had to pick one stage it should be battlefield, but there still should be counterpicks.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
It's an interesting idea. I think we'll have to wait to see how online handles, but might I suggest having doubles included in some ways? Personally that's what I'd like to participate in, and clans would make it easier to form doubles teams.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Making a social group, then inviting members based on their avatars/signatures would be one idea.

Another is for clan leaders to make topics on the same day (One for Kirby, another for Ness, etc.) for their individual groups for people to join.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
As someone who was once apart of a Pokemon battle clans this is something I would approach very very cautiously it was very hard to keep the clans from going off on each other especially if there is to be a thread or section on the forum for Smash clans.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Actually to keep it organized, one could just simply post a Clan Topic in the respective Character Discussion Board.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Skype was just the first thing I had pop into my mind. If anyone has a better website/application for this, that would be lovely!

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Sounds like a neat idea, would like to be a part of this.

Soul.

Skype was just the first thing I had pop into my mind. If anyone has a better website/application for this, that would be lovely!
Skype is fine. If someone doesn't like doing calls in general, they don't need to do them. They can just chat. Most clan groups on Skype are text-only, so it should be alright. This is just what I think.

Last edited:

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
This sounds like a really fun idea! But I'm confused, would each clan have to be dedicated to a specific character?

theonefist

Smash Rookie
As someone who has participated in essentially the same thing except for ygo I would recommend having clans be around 10 members rather than 20. Having rosters that are too large make it so that players will not be able to participate in the a good amount of wars.

I'm not sure about how the activity levels would be for something like this, but having it drawn out over a week or 2 weeks is generally how it's done in ygo wars to account for different time zones, work schedules, etc.

I also think that something like this would need a war council to help deal with inactivities, setting rules, and other war related actions.

Just dropping my 2 cents as someone who has participated in something similar to this in another game.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
As someone who has participated in essentially the same thing except for ygo I would recommend having clans be around 10 members rather than 20. Having rosters that are too large make it so that players will not be able to participate in the a good amount of wars.

I'm not sure about how the activity levels would be for something like this, but having it drawn out over a week or 2 weeks is generally how it's done in ygo wars to account for different time zones, work schedules, etc.

I also think that something like this would need a war council to help deal with inactivities, setting rules, and other war related actions.

Just dropping my 2 cents as someone who has participated in something similar to this in another game.
Yeah seriously. You do not need huge clans. I honestly hate Mario Kart clans because some people cannot handle them and will create chaos.
If this was to become a thing, it must be organized and understood how it plays out by everyone. Time Zones will definitely be an effect.

Here is my suggestion: People inside a clan should be formed from specific regions. That way there would be U.S clans or Japan Clans or European clans, and they can be broken up from there, in which they can battle against each other. That way time zones would not be as big an issue, at least, for the earlier battles. Then later on you could extend it to all regions.
I would also like to suggest that we try to keep the rules fairly similar to the official rules. I think 4 stocks is slightly too much, and it should be 3 stocks. Also, a time limit should be added too so that these battles are in set times. FD versions would be interesting for the earlier stages of this meta, but if some characters become over used, you may wan tot open it up to more stages.

Also... Skype... Is there anything better? Skype isn't exactly the most user friendly thing.
Take this with a grain of salt though OP.

Last edited:

Poisonbeat

Smash Cadet
NNID
TacoBowser
3DS FC
5257-9456-9429
Yeah seriously. You do not need huge clans. I honestly hate Mario Kart clans because some people cannot handle them and will create chaos.
If this was to become a thing, it must be organized and understood how it plays out by everyone. Time Zones will definitely be an effect.

Here is my suggestion: People inside a clan should be formed from specific regions. That way there would be U.S clans or Japan Clans or European clans, and they can be broken up from there, in which they can battle against each other. That way time zones would not be as big an issue, at least, for the earlier battles. Then later on you could extend it to all regions.
I would also like to suggest that we try to keep the rules fairly similar to the official rules. I think 4 stocks is slightly too much, and it should be 3 stocks. Also, a time limit should be added too so that these battles are in set times. FD versions would be interesting for the earlier stages of this meta, but if some characters become over used, you may wan tot open it up to more stages.

Also... Skype... Is there anything better? Skype isn't exactly the most user friendly thing.
Take this with a grain of salt though OP.
I'm pretty sure he gave skype as an example of a voice chat thing, raidcall is very good since you can make your own channel for free.

Top Bottom